Armless Dragon, Cardiff Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Armless Dragon, Cardiff - Ask a question now

“Last night our party of three darkened the door of the...”

Written on: 15/06/2009

Last night our party of three darkened the door of the Armless Dragon.

We were greeted with grimaces by two waitresses, and directed to a table, set in the sort of decor that could best be described as well used, and at worst, cruelly laid to waste by the ravages of time.

In no time at all, three bowls of complimentary leek and potato soup were plonked down on the table, allowing us to whet our palates with a broth which could only have been born in a can and ended its life brutally executed in a… Read Full Review

“Well I decided to take my partner out to the Armless...”

Written on: 14/02/2009 by Deanlw (1 review written)

Well I decided to take my partner out to the Armless Dragon so that he could experience Welsh cusine!!!! I think the Armless Dragon should be renamed souless dragon. We arrived for 8.30 and we felt that the restaurant was cold so we kept are jackets on, unperturbed we sat down and looked at the menu choice, which looked very good . We ordered a bottle of wine, which the waiting staff seemed to just plonk on our table. I ordered cockles and laverbread fried cakes to start , the came back and… Read Full Review

“I feel I experienced poor service (waitress staff...”

Written on: 07/10/2008 by elj (1 review written)

I feel I experienced poor service (waitress staff seemed not attentive, had to ask them to take order for food and drinks, didn't pour the wine, didn't give enough menu's, didn't seem to know what the menu items contained or how to describe them, plonked things down on the table)
Scallops seemed to have been halved as did my fillet steak (it was the thinnest fillet I have ever had and I eat it regularly).
Chocolate pudding very tasteless.
Coffees served before the desserts

The restaurant… Read Full Review

“Was very much looking forward to my trip to the...”

Written on: 16/07/2008

Was very much looking forward to my trip to the Armless Dragon, where I'd never eaten. It was a Friday evening, but only two other tables occupied - apparently not in the middle of a dining buzz!

Very disappointing. The menu seemed lovely (though very little vegetarian choice). Amazed that everything seemed hugely over salted. I suspect that the food underneath would have been delicious, but very over-seasoned. I'm not someone who skimps on seasoning myself, but I thought this was… Read Full Review