Paul Gascoigne, Fog on the Tyne Reviews

Paul Gascoigne, Fog on the Tyne - Ask a question now

“Fog on the Tyne, a collaborative cover with...”

Written on: 12/09/2006 by Anonymous101 (1 review written)

Fog on the Tyne, a collaborative cover with Lindisfarne was released with "Gazzamania" at fever pitch following his exploits in the Italia 90 World Cup. "Daft as a brush" Gazza managed to reach the heady heights of number 2 in the UK singles charts, and really played up to the camera in his crazy video, with a wacky dance, wonky shades and on-stage monkey business. We had already enjoyed a brief taste of his musical attributes with his cameo appearance in New Order's World in Motion anthem, and… Read Full Review

Cult Fiction's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 14/10/2006

Aye the Gazza cut, I remember it very well - although I was a bit behind the times back then. I was still styling my hair on trendy side spikes and shaving my own burners off with my dads razor when he wasn't about. It was France 98 when I first asked for a Gazza cut. I felt I could run rings around all my mates on the park gates just outside Tongies house. However, they all got their own back by dragging me around a field on Boxing day, when I had a new shell suit on.

252776_Anonymous101's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 22/02/2007

What a character he was "daft as brush" Gazza calling himself G8 and wearing novelty boobs, I bet he's laugh a minute, wish I was that popular!

Cult Fiction's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 21/02/2007

What!!?? Paul Gascoigne played for Boro!? I thought he was playing at Newcastle still. I didn't actually know that Newcastle sold him to the Boro. Fantastic player though, I remember that goal he scored - it was proper mint!

252776_Anonymous101's Response to 252776_Anonymous101's Review

Written on: 12/12/2006

Gazza has been a massive influence on my life, although I am terrible at football, I love showing off, I eat kebabs and drink lots, my favourite drink is cocktails although I don't know what G8's is. I have some character flaws too, where as I have battled severe bouts of depresion and I have also punched my wife in the face, I can do a lethal "Fog on the Tyne" on the karaoke, I can also do John Barnes' rap on that World Cup song too. Gazza is mint and I wish he still played for the Boro.