Courvoisier V.S. Reviews

Courvoisier V.S. - Ask a question now

Courvoisier V.S.

“Well, Cognac is the type of brandy that it is,...”

Written on: 14/02/2011

Well, Cognac is the type of brandy that it is, signifying its geographical source, in the same way that Armagnac is a brandy from further south and Janneau is one brand of Armagnac like Courvoisier and Martell are brands of Cognac. So: generic - brandy, source - Cognac, brand or make - Courvoisier.

Courvoisier, to my palate is sweeter, hence tastes "fuller" but I prefer the relatively dryer Martell. But try Remy Martin or Hine: they are both elegant (and sometimes more pricey)… Read Full Review

Courvoisier V.S.

“Courvoisier V.S. isn't a brandy, it's a cognac! It's...”

Written on: 25/12/2007

Courvoisier V.S. isn't a brandy, it's a cognac! It's in the same fortified wine class as brandy, but it is fortified longer turning it to a cognac… Read Full Review

Courvoisier V.S.

“I am usually torn between Courvoisier and Martell as...”

Written on: 22/03/2007 by Jason E (33 reviews written)

I am usually torn between Courvoisier and Martell as although different they are both good Brandy's and usually priced very similar too.
My choice depends on my mood.
If I am feeling a little more extravagant I buy Courvoisier.
This probably reflects the difference in flavour too.
Courvoisier in my opinion (bearing in mind I am no expert) has a richer more powerful flavour, where as Martell is classy and smooth.
If you enjoy a nice glass of brandy, warmed over a cup of hot water, I think that… Read Full Review

Robtol's Response to Jason E's Review

Written on: 14/02/2011

Plural of brandy is "brandies". Brandy's is the genitive case, denoting "belonging to" as in "the brandy's flavour".
<br/>
<br/>But to the content of the review, see my own review!