Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB Reviews

Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB

Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB

“WD My Book Essential external USB 2.0 HDD. Absolutely...”

Written on: 12/01/2011

WD My Book Essential external USB 2.0 HDD. Absolutely brilliant both in looks, item size, performance, purchase and running costs.
I now have a bank of 5 of these all running 24/7 for storage and automatic incremental backups of my home entertainment and media system. All I use is the software provided. The power saving feature is brilliant and does not interfere with the overall performance at all.
I have now changed 3 of the 500 Gb Hard Drives for larger ones, 1Tb and 1.5 Tb, without any… Read Full Review

Western Digital My Book Essential 500GB

“Overall, the Western Digital My Book Essential 500Gb...”

Written on: 25/08/2006 by Xbot (6 reviews written)

Overall, the Western Digital My Book Essential 500Gb is a great piece of hardware. USB transfer speeds were slow, but worked.

I had to format it to NTFS. The software is total garbage, and it's just Google software, and not useful at all… Read Full Review