L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss Reviews

Summary

Casting Crème Gloss is a no ammonia hair colourant that gives your hair visible shimmering tones, glossy shine and blends away grey.

Did Casting Crème Gloss give your hair a glossy rich, natural-looking colour? Write a review and share your experience.

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“Brilliant! ”

Written on: 18/06/2014 by EmmaB89 (1 review written)

This product is great! Leaves your hair soft and shiny. Great value for money… Read Full Review

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“Since when were chocolate brownies red?! ”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by Ashtyne10 (1 review written)

Bought the 'chocolate brownie' hair colour. Nowhere does it mention that it will turn your hair red! The image on the packet is a dark brown, which was what I wanted! Do not buy this if you want dark hair it makes you ginger as it fades and is horrible! Although the casting creme gloss in general makes your hair nice and shiny… Read Full Review

“saved my hair”

Written on: 19/04/2014 by bwFloyd94 (1 review written)

Loved it, saved my hair after a bad experience from garnier oila, which was awful, left my hair like straw! this L'Oreal iced chocolate has made it back glossy and shiny, felt lovely on my head and was easy to apply, i'm really happy with the colour and texture of my hair, i will be buying this product again, julie… Read Full Review

“Gothic Nightmare!!!”

Written on: 03/10/2013 by NuuNuu (1 review written)

I am a woman of 48 years old & I usually use LOreal Casting Creme Gloss twice a year to blend away greys without the harsh effects of ammonia & used it a week ago for my grey hairs & because my naturally light brown hair had gone a bit 'gingery' on the ends over the summer. OMG!!! I am devastated by the new formula: My waist length wavy hair with natural blonde highlights from living at the beach is ALMOST BLACK!!!!!!! I used the shade '600 Light Brown' which I have successfully used in the… Read Full Review

Judybrown's Response to NuuNuu's Review

Written on: 28/10/2013

I have used mahogany but its gone purplish I got a choc brown can I put it over the top

“Big disappointment ”

Written on: 01/09/2013 by emmaedwardsxo (1 review written)

I bought the Iced Cocoa Casting Creme gloss, which is a dark brown with purple tint. After I had finished dying and drying my hair, the end result was an almost black colour, which I was not intending on, but warmed to the colour. It's now been just over 2 weeks since I've dyed my hair and the colour has already washed out to the ore dyed colour! (I've washed my hair maybe 7 times) Extemely disappointed and not worth paying money for this product, wish I had read other reviews before… Read Full Review

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“Worst dye I have ever used”

Written on: 14/08/2013 by andthenthey (1 review written)

I used two boxes of the shade chocolate on my long hair but it didn't take at all. My hair has gone a shade darker but its more red than brown. I left it on for the exact amout of time that the box said I should. My hair has gone very soft and silky but it smells awful. I would advise everyone not to buy this product and if you already have then I would take it straight back to the shop and get your money back. It was a complete waste of my time, money and effort… Read Full Review

Hannahk1992's Response to andthenthey's Review

Written on: 12/12/2013

Same! Mine didnt change and I didnt have a single mark on my head (which usually I do)
I am going to write to the manufactuers as I have just been back to the shop where I purchased it from and that is what they advised me!

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“Why mend what isn't broken ”

Written on: 17/07/2013 by Csbowen (1 review written)

I have used the hair colour for a good 5years and knew how to use it of by heart ,but today it was all changed and not for the better . The two bottles that screw together to mix the colour which was brilliant no slipping or mess was hopeless you now need more space and two hands and the bottle was cheap and nasty. And then the big one The gloves which I had to go and get scissors to get out of the stupid plastic bag guess what wouldn't even fit me and at this point I had to carry on with no… Read Full Review

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“love experimenting with casting creme gloss”

Written on: 16/06/2013

I love these colours. I got brave and used mahogany then went even braver and went berry red then I went on the chocolate colours and love them now I'm on espresso colour and love gone darker. the fact you can choose a different colour each time and leaves my hair feeling so soft :-) Yayyy brilliant :-)… Read Full Review

“the best dye ever”

Written on: 18/05/2013

I used many hair dyes to get the dark blonde colour and then I went to casting creme gloss iced truffle, it covers my last dye and make my hair super soft and glossy and it shows a chocolately light, I didn't like the way that it goes darker first but it will show after a week to the colour u desired . it's the best thing ever, specially the iced chocolate collection… Read Full Review

Carolrobinson's Comment

Written on: 14/06/2013

This is a very good hair colour and gentle on the scalp and hair,beautifully glossy. Just need to find the colour I used at first.

“Worst hair dye ever!!”

Written on: 02/05/2013 by AngelaJane68 (1 review written)

Absolutely the worst hair dye I've ever had the misfortune to use, and I've used a few, considering I'm now in my forties and started going grey at 21! It left my hair dry and damaged, so much so that I struggled to gently comb through it afterwards. I don't think I've ever run so fast to get my hot oils! Despite people raving about how good the conditioner is, it was disgusting and smelt of cat's wee, I kid you not. Yuk! Other hair dye conditioners at least mask the damage done with their… Read Full Review

Redwitch16's Response to AngelaJane68's Review

Written on: 11/05/2013

castings made my hair patchy too..looked great when 1st done, but after the 1st wash, loads of colour came out and left it darker on the top..and some bits round the side, won't use it again..stick with Nice n Easy..

“Great even color!”

Written on: 01/05/2013

I've never had my hair dyed before, nor had I ever dyed it myself. But as I discovered more and more grey/white hairs at 25 (thanks mom!), mostly around my temples, I decided to try a DIY kit. I bought the L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss, as I didn't want a permanent hairdye, but with a color that was as close to my natural color as possible. I naturally have light to medium brown colored hair to about 10 cm past my shoulders, with a golden sort of shine. However, I didn't want to bring out this… Read Full Review

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“I HAVE LIGHT BLONDE NATURAL HAIR ”

Written on: 29/04/2013 by leonie6 (1 review written)

this is my first time dying my hair,its a natural really light blonde and afraid of dying it brown permanent mum told me to use semi,i wanted to go a dark dark brown colour hoping it will come out and she wanted a light but i decided i was having the 'dark chocolate 323'and i dont really like it it has left shades of my blonde hair and has got bits of purple in it? with light and dark brown i really dont like it and want it too come out. as ive said i have never dyed my hair before and dont… Read Full Review

Twi99Y's Response to leonie6's Review

Written on: 01/09/2013

did you manage to get the colour out? i just used the 323 and find it too dark too

Flibertijibbet's Response to leonie6's Review

Written on: 20/10/2013

I think if you use a semi-permanent dark colour on blonde hair this often happens. A long time ago I tried the same and found my hair went through various shades of purple and then green whilst the product gradually washed out.
It takes longer for the colour to wash out of blond hair - it seems to be more porous and subtle differences in colour are more noticeable than on dark hair. Because of this, you could be left with a permanently changed colour which you would have to re-dye to a shade as close as possible to your natural one. If you still have this problem and the dye still hasn't come out, I would suggest using a semi-permanent to restore your hair to its natural colour and then seeing what the result is after about 8 washes. I would use a shade slightly darker and warmer than your natural colour and only leave the colour on for about 15 minutes if your hair has been coloured in the previous 3 months. If it has been longer than that since you coloured your hair, leave the new colour on for the usual 20-25minutes.
If this approach fails, you may need to resort to a visit to a salon to have your hair professionally changed back to it's original shade. Luckily, because Casting Creme Gloss is not ammonia-based, I think it's very unlikely to cause any damage to your hair, no matter how many times you use it, as long as you time the application of the product carefully.
I must point out that I am not an expert - just someone who has had the same unfortunate experience and this is how I solved the problem. Good luck!

“Turned black!”

Written on: 14/04/2013 by Jennycoco (1 review written)

I just don't understand why hair dyes at home bother giving each individual hair dye a different name! The brown dyes I use always just turn black!!! I used iced chocolate, and went 2 shades lighter than my own hair, left it on for 13 minutes instead of 20 In fear of turning black again! & shock horror it went black! I give up! … Read Full Review

“Yes or no?”

Written on: 10/02/2013 by JessicaBerrell (1 review written)

My mum had blond hair with brown roots and highlights and she decided to go brown so she put the dye on and she went ginger she knew this would happen because of the blond and brown,the next time she bought it she got my sister who is a hairdresser to do it to make sure she was doing it right,so she applied everywhere and then waited,when she washed it off she still had ginger roots and she wasn't happy so my sister had to bleach her hair and go back to blond… Read Full Review

“Great Hair Dye”

Written on: 11/12/2012

Having had a range of experiences with MANY hair dyes over the years i was really happy with the outcome of this product. My hair is naturally really dark brown so i used 'chocolate truffle'. My hair had a gorgeous shine afterwards and a very natural tone. Having fallen into the trap previously of buying a dark brown for my own hair, i was aware that this always equals black not matter what brand you use. Unfortunately for me in my experience the dye was permanent and not a semi like this dye… Read Full Review

“What a mistake!”

Written on: 06/12/2012

I have dyed light blonde hair in good condition, and chose the Iced Blonde (910) shade to do my roots and also to (hopefully) enhance my overall colour. First of all, the main Developer Cream bottle has a tapered bottom so you cannot set it down but have have to try and balance it between your knees to squeeze the metal Creme Colourant tube into it. Very difficult. Then the bottle's design also makes it extremely hard to hold and to squeeze out the mixture onto the hair. I have used… Read Full Review

Karolina83's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2012

I have now washed my hair and it looks a bit better. But it's more of a greeny-grey-blonde and NOT glossy in the least. And it doesn't look anything like the box.

“worthless color”

Written on: 24/11/2012

I purchased 535 chocolate color which comes out black. made my hairs look terribly non shimmering black like I have used black dye.I would recommend never ever to buy it… Read Full Review

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“LOREAL CASTING CREME GLOSS - 910 light iced blond”

Written on: 26/09/2012 by KitegirlCT (1 review written)

Many years ago I used another brand product 6 - 8 washes only as the 24 washes made my hair texture totally horrible. Since have only had super expensive SALON highlights and tints. But they grey is getting more now so I wanted to Stop tinting and Highlighting. I let my grey grow out to over an inch... my ends were highlighted and my roots are 50% grey to a much darker hair colour than my ends... My friend applied the LIGHT ICED blond and I was thinking MMMMM wonder what this is going to… Read Full Review

Blight12's Response to KitegirlCT's Review

Written on: 27/11/2012

what was your original colour ?, I am dark brown natural , 50 % grey , pure white at the sides , hairdresser has put in highlights to try and blend all, but Im not happy with the look and want to cover all over, was wondering if this would work out .

Kitegirlct's Response to KitegirlCT's Review

Written on: 27/11/2012

my friend who does my colour is a hairdresser and I was tinting and highlighting for years! So i did not know where to go with the long 5 - 6 week process and i grew about about an inch of regrowth with nothing... just grey!! and she did the iced blond over this! (obv over the grey then a swish over the rest... i have done it 3 times now and it gets better and better each time!! ie NO tint and just my Iced Blong!! Loving it... and my natural color is quite dark blond now - in fact - it its that MOUSE color - not light not dard... i guess i hate to admit but its brown eventually! mine is super grey at sides too!!

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“ LOreal Casting Creme Gloss Dark Brown 400, not as...”

Written on: 17/09/2012

My natural hair colour is dark brown, but I've got some grey so I thought I would try a semi permanent colour to rid myself of the grey. I picked LOreal Casting Creme Gloss in Dark Brown - shade 400. I followed the instructions on the box to the letter. I've not coloured, dyed or bleached my hair for nearly 15 years so my hair was natural as it were. The instructions were easy to follow but for me, the end result was shocking! I did do a strand test before I used the colour, the strand test… Read Full Review

Kitegirlct's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2012

Must have done something wrong! This product is brilliant!

L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss

“I followed the Instructions implicitly!”

Written on: 14/09/2012

I usually use L'Oreal Preference and loved using it for years. It's getting hard to find now so I bought L'Oreal Casting as I was told by the beauty shop this is replacement for Preference. But I was so disappointed with the colour and the coverage even though I'd been advised on the right colour to buy, read the leaflets twice and followed the instructions to the letter. Now I have to wait four weeks until I can re-colour my hair - but Idefinately won't be using CASTING again. Poor colour… Read Full Review