Olympus E-300 Reviews

Olympus E-300 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Olympus E-300

Olympus E-300

“Yeah, I am finding the new Panasonic Lumix much better...”

Written on: 09/01/2010 by antosarmy (4 reviews written)

Yeah, I am finding the new Panasonic Lumix much better at light enhancing and blur correction. I am actually really pumped by the hi res - 800 JKI optimisation on the olympus though. However I would prefer to use it during day;ight hours and maybe thake the superior Panasonic out during dusk/nighttime. The overall impression is that of grey awe in the Olympus and total ONE Golden Plus towards the Panasonic Lumix. One has to applaud Panasonic's ecclectic Super Zoom Reverse tangent option… Read Full Review

Olympus E-300

“I have run the Olympus e-300 for best part of 4 years> ”

Written on: 13/12/2009 by bobjbrown (34 reviews written)

I have run the Olympus e-300 for best part of 4 years

It has always been reliable and never broken down.

Battery life is excellent.
But:
Viewfinder is a bit dim.
No live preview.

The camera is good for hand held usage but the data base and remote control + battery pack is heavy and difficult to use. ( this is not really a negative since all simialr packages have the same fault!)
Image quality is more than good enough for me at ISO 400 or below.. There is a definite weakness at 800 and the… Read Full Review

Bobjbrown's Response to bobjbrown's Review

Written on: 08/01/2010

I would like to add a further note regarding the LCD screen - an inlarged image doesn't have the resolution of an uploaded image so if you're trying one out be sure to see the uploaded image on a big screen before making your judgement.
<br/>
<br/>B

Olympus E-300

“I like the olympus e-300 because it is a durable...”

Written on: 20/03/2008

I like the olympus e-300 because it is a durable strong high quality camera with good features and is easy to use. The only thing that i don't really like about is the wait between shooting in multi shot. Overall it suites me… Read Full Review

Olympus E-300

“I've used the Olympus E-300 camera extensively for...”

Written on: 07/03/2008 by ALSB (1 review written)

I've used the Olympus E-300 camera extensively for over two years and it's been very good. As a second hand buy now, it's really hard to beat! Many people list the lack of lenses as a negative, but there is a good selection (certainly enough for any amateur or professional) both new and second hand (take a look on ebay), and the prices are at least comparable with Canon and Nikon.

Overall, a very serious contender particularly for the budget minded, and the lenses will fit the E3 when you're… Read Full Review

Olympus E-300

“This Olympus E300 was my second sideways move from the...”

Written on: 22/09/2007 by summerl (1 review written)

This Olympus E300 was my second sideways move from the canon 350D as a second hand camera which came with 2 lenses it has been a good little camera, the menu is easy to use but I do feel its being outgrown fairly quickly. Copes well with difficult situations however I do find the point and shoot white balance sometimes a little off.
Bit heavier than the cannon but still a good camera for professional and personal use alike, I have sold images taken with it to magazines and private customers… Read Full Review

Olympus E-300

“I love this Olympus E-300 Camera. I have had it for...”

Written on: 23/08/2006 by CanWestDan (2 reviews written)

I love this Olympus E-300 Camera. I have had it for about a year and have been doing freelance news photography with great success. Very easy to use and set up. Very forgiving when it comes to the learning curve. I would have to say this is a great starter for those wanting to get into Digital SLR Cameras. Not a bad price at all when you consider it comes with 2 lenses included… Read Full Review