Toyota RS2000 Reviews

Media Gallery for Toyota RS2000

Toyota RS2000
Toyota RS2000

“It's really bad”

Written on: 29/05/2013 by Joyceyyyyy (1 review written)

My mother gave this machine to me and i feel cursed ever since. It has never worked properly for me, had to humiliate myself asking my friends for help - and then they had to humiliate themselves cuz i'd doesn't work when they do it either. I think my mother gave me a perfect clear message here about how she feels about me for letting me get stuck with that thing for more then 8 years now without being able to use it and feeling like a total tool. Most deffinitely the most awefull experience of… Read Full Review

Lesleyspain's Response to Joyceyyyyy's Review

Written on: 02/04/2014

I totally agree and an somewhat relieved to read your review. I always thought it was me and this truly terrible machine has brought me to tears on several occasions over the last few years. After reading your review my husband has said "it's not me it's the machine. Ditch it and get a new one.

“una macchina ottima la consiglio ai miei colleghi...”

Written on: 25/07/2012

una macchina ottima la consiglio ai miei colleghi costruita bene maneggevole… Read Full Review

“Something is always going wrong”

Written on: 05/10/2011 by Hunnyb1952 (1 review written)

I bought the Toyota RS2000 16 stitch model several years ago (at least five) and I've had nothing but trouble with it, the under thread would catch and now the top thread keeps catching, even though it's at the correct tension and has a new needle. I would not recommend this to anyone. I had a Pfaff (the old metal kind) over 20 years ago and it was really easy to use, until my sister used it and it broke down. Get a Janome, Singer or Pfaff but not a Toyota… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to Hunnyb1952's Review

Written on: 07/10/2011

Totally agree with you, mine has the same problem. Do not buy this pile of junk, you spend more time re threading and pulling cotton out of the machine then actually sowing with it.

“Really smooth machine. Works great. ”

Written on: 17/01/2010

Really smooth machine. Works great.

If you damage the bobbin holder with a bent needle the thread then catches. This sometimes happens when sewing thick materials and have tension in the material that bends the needle.

Remove the snag point with sandpaper and the machine works great again… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 23/07/2011

Exactly this very thing has happened with my machine,thank you so much for the tip!!

“My mother use it she says it is a good machine told...”

Written on: 02/10/2009 by fadisn (4 reviews written)

My mother use it she says it is a good machine told me to recomend it for friends !!… Read Full Review

“I have used a toyota sewing machine for 8 to 10 years...”

Written on: 23/09/2009

I have used a toyota sewing machine for 8 to 10 years and never had any trouble e.g. needles breaking.
It is important to use the recommended needles.
the machine is simple to set up and use… Read Full Review

“The Toyota RS2000 comes with 4 diff feet, sews...”

Written on: 26/12/2008

The Toyota RS2000 comes with 4 diff feet, sews buttons, can overlock, good stitch variability, great all round simple household machine… Read Full Review

“I have never sewed in my life. This Toyota RS2000 has...”

Written on: 11/10/2008 by bevog (1 review written)

I have never sewed in my life. This Toyota RS2000 has made my first attempt at sewing a pleasurable and pain-free one. Reasonable price, value for money… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“Don't waste your money on this Toyota RS2000. The...”

Written on: 26/08/2008

Don't waste your money on this Toyota RS2000. The needle jams, the bearings on the main drive seize waste of money. Had the thing two yrs used it twice and this is the result… Read Full Review

Lulu28's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2008

It was very honest review, thank you, it is helpful

“Cannot get repaired due to the fault will reoccur the...”

Written on: 26/02/2008

Cannot get repaired due to the fault will reoccur the next time you use it, once the machine is warm the need le hits the bobbin holder and jams the machine… Read Full Review

Lulu28's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2008

Very useful review, it helps when someone has used a machine and finds theres a problem as we never know what we are buying. thanks again

☆☆☆☆☆

“I do not recommend buying this machine - I'm not sure...”

Written on: 30/06/2007 by judip (1 review written)

I do not recommend buying this machine - I'm not sure what the RS stands for - but I can only guess!!!… Read Full Review

“I've had the Toyota RS2000 sewing machine for about 4...”

Written on: 20/08/2006 by Gaynor (1 review written)

I've had the Toyota RS2000 sewing machine for about 4 years now. It still works as good as the day I bought it.

The extra features of hemming, embroidery, buttons and button holes have been very useful, and I would recommend that you buy a machine that can do all these things - if you intend to ever use them.

It's a smooth machine, and it comes with additional feet and needles etc. It is also reasonably fast… Read Full Review