RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet Reviews

RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet - Ask a question now

“in .22 an average pellet only any use on harder...”

Written on: 17/10/2009 by FXquinton (15 reviews written)

in .22 an average pellet only any use on harder animals like crows anything softer and it just acts like a flat head so not much use on rabbits becuase there too soft unless you go for a head shot but any pelley will kill with a head shot.
good points
very acurate (for a hollow point)
good quality

bad points
need to shoot something hard to make them expand… Read Full Review

“I use RWS super hollow point pellets in a Diana 34 in...”

Written on: 29/07/2009

I use RWS super hollow point pellets in a Diana 34 in .177. After numerous small animals all i can say is these are great. Plus with a tin of 500ct you can shoot quite a while before needing more.

Mike in Edmonton… Read Full Review

“The RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet is a very good...”

Written on: 26/05/2009 by tractor lad (28 reviews written)

The RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet is a very good hunting pellet, I use them in all my guns for hunting from 15-35yrds… Read Full Review

“Great for pretty well everything out to 30 yards or...”

Written on: 17/01/2009 by Kimm742 (63 reviews written)

Great for pretty well everything out to 30 yards or so. Pleasantly suprised by the amount of expansion. This pellet will NOT punch a hole and come out the other side, meaning total transfer of energy and nice clean kill. Very accurate and consistent, good value as well… Read Full Review

Sme4969's Response to Kimm742's Review

Written on: 11/05/2009

I found this review helpful because...i use rws superdome and was thinking of trying hollows

“The RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet is a great pellet...”

Written on: 14/01/2009

The RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet is a great pellet which i use in a bsa meteor but i may go to AA hunters when i get the .22 rapid 7. Accurate at 35yards. I shot about 10 pigeon at 20-35yard hit all but only killed one… Read Full Review

Dannzz's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2009

I found this review not helpful because...Hunting Pigeon with a BSA meteor at up to 35 yards is not a good idea! You really need a gun close to the 12ftlbs legal limit for this kind of hunting. Don't blame the pellet for a gun not up to the task of hunting out to 35 yards!

“These are one of the best pellets around under 35...”

Written on: 25/10/2008 by dannzz (3 reviews written)

These are one of the best pellets around under 35 yards, over this the velocity drop tends to cause more severe drop off than with domed pellets ie the excellent RWS Super Field. I have tried many pellets types in my .22 Weihrauch & BSA, most of which were more expensive than these. NONE as yet have surpassed the close grouping of these little beauties at close to medium range. Quite simply excellent value… Read Full Review

Sme4969's Response to dannzz's Review

Written on: 11/05/2009

I found this review helpful because...i shoot rws superdome 177 in my s16s zeroed at 25mtrs in my mums garden when i go visit, so 25-35 mtrs is my range of shooting, i can and do shoot further ranges.

“My AA S200 loves these pellets, ive tried alsorts but...”

Written on: 27/09/2008 by Crom1971 (12 reviews written)

My AA S200 loves these pellets, ive tried alsorts but it loves these and AA field. i recommend these to anyone, cheap, accurate and gunny likes them… Read Full Review

Sme4969's Response to Crom1971's Review

Written on: 11/05/2009

I found this review helpful because...i also have s200 that i have fired rws pellets but not hollow points

“They may cost a little more than the cheaper brands of...”

Written on: 22/10/2007 by raven177 (4 reviews written)

They may cost a little more than the cheaper brands of pellets, but they're worth it if hitting your target is your goal… Read Full Review

“The RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet may be good for very...”

Written on: 13/06/2007 by RugbyPete (8 reviews written)

The RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet may be good for very close range but at close range any pellet hits hard.

Most of my shots have been 20+ yards and these would go all over the place when compared to say a h&N ftt pellet that shoots pretty direct.

Still looking for a good hunting pellet, got a sample of exterminators to give a go, and may just pick a good dome like accupel and forget about steering away from what works and blaming pellets for an empty bag… Read Full Review

Bebbo's Response to RugbyPete's Review

Written on: 30/09/2007

I've found the opposite with Super Hollow point. They have been decent in both the HW95K and seem to work well with the Logun Axsor.I would also recommend the Accupels if your looking foe a domed pellet , although the mags on the Axsor don't seem to like them.

Dannzz's Response to RugbyPete's Review

Written on: 06/10/2009

I found this review not helpful because...You do not mention what gun you are using. Some air rifles are more pellet fussy than others, that's it's advisable to try a few different brands when you first aquire your rifle. Like so many others here I find these pellets excellent, my 80 punches single hole groups at 20 yards with these.

“Ive been using this pellet for a while now, in...”

Written on: 19/05/2007 by Drew81 (2 reviews written)

Ive been using this pellet for a while now, in conjunction with my .22 BSA Lightning XL /Simmons 3-9x40 combo. It is everything that I can ask for from short 10m - 20m range vermin control air gun pellet. It is my first choice when shooting in and around built up areas, like barns, farms and derelict buildings. The main reason being the lead used is soft and if I miss a shot the pellet does less damage (if any) to roofs, steel sheets, chimney pots etc. They just simply squash into little 5… Read Full Review

“These pellets are relatively light weight for .22s,...”

Written on: 04/05/2007 by amurrayx (48 reviews written)

These pellets are relatively light weight for .22s, and are quite accurate even at 30 yards from my Gamo Shadow .22. A really good choice for small and medium rabbits… Read Full Review

“I tried these after finding my B.S.A. Ultra multishot...”

Written on: 21/04/2007 by MartinJP (20 reviews written)

I tried these after finding my B.S.A. Ultra multishot was very occasionally jamming when reloading for a "heat of the moment" second shot (when using Superpoints) and these have solved this completely as due to the design of pellet the skirt is very crush resistant and they are also a real pleasure to load into my magazines, on checking the zero it was still smack on and I did not have to re-zero at all. At normal airgun range they appear to be a very good all round field pellet… Read Full Review

“I have a Crossman AS392t and I tried all the pellets....”

Written on: 04/11/2006 by tsg (1 review written)

I have a Crossman AS392t and I tried all the pellets. My rifle is 12ftlb and shoots well with most pellets but RWS Super H point are the best. It is my rifle's pellet match.
You should give them a try.
I have to admit that I am a bit dissapointed by the new batch that appeared recently.
The ones with red tin are better that the new ones black/silver tin wich seem to have more deffects. I bought a stock of red ones and i advise you guys to do the same while they are on the market.
Best of luck… Read Full Review

“RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet are good for hunting...”

Written on: 01/06/2006 by russ91 (1 review written)

RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet are good for hunting small game and vermin… Read Full Review

“I've been shooting the RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet...”

Written on: 01/06/2006 by donniebeeman (5 reviews written)

I've been shooting the RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet from my beeman ss1000 for a short time. At approx 20 yards these are deadly accurate and offer lots of expansion and knock down force. A truely great perfomer for 30 yards and under shots in my opinion (haven't tried them at longer ranges yet). Price wise these are also unbeatable from $8.50-$12 per 500, is not bad at all. At 20 yards I shot a plastic bottle filled with water and behind it about 1 ft thick of cardboard to stop it. Entering… Read Full Review

“I shoot RWS .22 Super Hollow Point Pellet out of a...”

Written on: 26/05/2006 by DrJonboy (3 reviews written)

I shoot RWS .22 Super Hollow Point Pellet out of a Gamo Shadow 1000 which is a 1000fps gun, and believe me they live up to it.

At 40 meters these bad boys will pierce a 1/2 inch wooden board. They will easily fall a pidgeon at 40 meters and trust me that's not bad for £5 a tin of 500 of the suckers.

Try em out… Read Full Review

“I have an Air Arms S200, and the RWS Super Hollow...”

Written on: 20/05/2006 by deadeyedick (24 reviews written)

I have an Air Arms S200, and the RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet are one of the best pellets that I've ever fired from my gun.

I zeroed my rifle at 30 yards with them expecting another wide group like I got from Bisley pest controll pellets, But no! I got a one hole group about 1 1/4 cm's wide.

In fact they were so accurate that when I fired a single shot unsupported at 30 yards with minimal zoom on my scope allowing for 20mph wind

Now for the statistics of the pellet.

In .22 my pellets… Read Full Review

Bebbo's Response to deadeyedick's Review

Written on: 10/10/2006

Good review. I have just ordered some RWS Super Hollow Point Pellets for use with my HW95K this weekend. I'll report back.

Druid 66's Response to deadeyedick's Review

Written on: 15/01/2008

Quite right DD !!
<br/>RWS Super H`s are certainly the most accurate hollow points I`ve ever used as well ( Air Arms 4.10, Weihrauch HW77K and Webley Raider 10). As we know with Air Gunning; `Accuracy is Everything!!`.
<br/>
<br/>Also; Have you noticed how the skirt is actually `double skinned?! This extra mass must help with the excellent downrange impact they seem to have.
<br/>
<br/>Super H`s are now always my first choice for short to medium range (10 to 25 yds) vermin control.

“I have used RWS Super Hollow Point Pellets in .22 for...”

Written on: 05/05/2004 by diananike (9 reviews written)

I have used RWS Super Hollow Point Pellets in .22 for most of my hunting for about a year now. The best thing about them is their tendency to flatten on impact. The recovered diameter after being fired at 600fps is only about .26 but this does transfer the force of the pellet fully into a target rather than passing through it. The expansion seems to be uniform at hunting ranges of up to 30yds. In pellet pistols the expansion does take place as long as the velocity is signifigantly above 400fps… Read Full Review

Adansie's Response to diananike's Review

Written on: 16/07/2006

Great pellet for the smaller vermin.

“RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet are great quality, well...”

Written on: 04/03/2004 by jdbc085 (2 reviews written)

RWS Super Hollow Point Pellet are great quality, well worth the little extra cost. I've only shot them with a lower power gun and was satisfied. Previous pellets have been crosman copper heads, and Beeman silver jets. I will try more high quality pellets,based on seeing these. The lead itself looks like a completelely differint material than cheap pellets. Weight is consistant so expect accuracy. No visable machining marks… Read Full Review

“This is a great pellet for small game. In its .22...”

Written on: 31/12/2003 by Groundsman (26 reviews written)

This is a great pellet for small game. In its .22 form it seems to stop pigeons in their tracks out to the 'safe' range limit of 35 metres. Test firing into wax shows only slight degradation at 25 metres in the extent of deformation achieved at 10 metres… Read Full Review

Tim Carswell's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 06/02/2004

Thanks Groundsman, pleasure to read that.
<br>
<br>I use the .177 in a Walther CP99 CO2 pistol, the pellet shape makes for less magazine loading problems and less misfeeds - it produced tighter groups than prometheus, which had been my 'standard' - I dont know what happens to the pellet, but I know what I manage hit is hit hard by comparing the volume of the impact.

Barry Ogden's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 27/02/2010

can anyone recomend them fore my weirauch hw 90 standard 22

Johnny987's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 13/10/2008

I found this review helpful because...im still looking for the pellet most suitable for me and my gun a hunter.22 carbine,

Deadeyedick's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 20/05/2006

I got 14.3 on my scales so yea thats about right :D

Dogface's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 25/10/2005

I just weighed 10 pellets at 144 grains as my scales only go down to 1gr - 144/10 = 14.4gr on average per pellet - the tin states 14.2 - so that's not too badly out.

Pete T's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 30/10/2004

Groundsman, the sources keep on coming. Someone told me recently that the pellet weight is 14.7gr! I'm going with what's written on the tin 14.5.

Groundsman's Response to Groundsman's Review

Written on: 27/09/2004

Can anyone confirm grains weight in 0.22 calibre - it states 14.5 on the tin, but other sources out them at 13.9 (!)