Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 Limited Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 Limited - Ask a question now

“A true 4x4 with lots to offer, i'm going to drive mine...”

Written on: 01/01/2010

A true 4x4 with lots to offer, i'm going to drive mine to Hungary soon (1100 miles) so it will cost a bit in fuel, i dont care i'll be in total comfort. Had no problems with my jeep in the 2 years i've owned it, only the normal runing costs, tyre's, filters, oil and spark plugs. Fully loaded with all the things you could ask for, fitted a 7" single din dvd/usb/radio in mine, such an easy job to do. One down side is the drivers heated seat dosen't work. Start that V8 and listen to a real engine… Read Full Review

Stevehensonuk's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2013

Couldn't agree more - a very undervalued piece of machinery - had my '03 4.7 for 5 years now - will be getting the another Mk2 I hope next time as the Mk3 is a lot cheaper on the interior. Go the Mk2s !

“I recently bought my jeep as I love to drive. I dont...”

Written on: 03/12/2009

I recently bought my jeep as I love to drive. I dont actually need my truck so can live with the niggles you get at 83K.

Living in town I'm getting a glorious 12.8mpg, dont expect anything better! No real problems to report other than the standard ones and those I knew when I got it. Heated seats dont work, breaks squeak until warm and for some reason it takes an age to demist the windscreen. One problem I've found is that it has an unsettling tendancy to ground out at the front due to… Read Full Review

“i had my jeep for 3 years 115k miles and the only...”

Written on: 02/11/2009

i had my jeep for 3 years 115k miles and the only thing ive changed was my water pump and i have really used it off road… Read Full Review

“I've had my 4.7 V8 Ltd Edition Grander for 3 years,...”

Written on: 17/06/2009 by liesl1968 (1 review written)

I've had my 4.7 V8 Ltd Edition Grander for 3 years, have just started shopping for another car, but just cannot find one to match mine. It's luxurious to drive, quick off the mark, handles our scottish roads very well, is very roomy in the rear for my 2 large dogs and is a perfect motor. The roar of the V8 is awsesome!! Generally, one of the best motors i've owned, apart from the braking system in mine is a nightmare!!… Read Full Review

“I bought a 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited (WJ) 4.7 V8...”

Written on: 02/06/2009 by DR NOM (1 review written)

I bought a 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited (WJ) 4.7 V8 with LPG.
Beautifully smooth to drive, usual 4x4 lean in the corners if pushed but always feels sure footed. It came with a few niggles, mainly the bonnet and tailgate struts but these are quite cheap to replace. The vehicle is spacious and very comfortable, as for the sound of that lazy V8 burbling away..oh..music to my ears,

I admit I would hate to run this if it were Petrol only, it costs £80 to fill the petrol tank, however, I also have a… Read Full Review

“Just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 Limited...”

Written on: 23/03/2009

Just bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 Limited second hand with 64k on the clock...my god what a dream to drive 4.7 V8 bugger the fuel cost's, it's to good to not drive
I wanted a 4 x 4 and cosidered a Range Rover but when comparing spec and price there is no comparison the Jeep wins hands down.why pay 1000's more for a RR which is going to be plauged with faults. A true luxury cruiser, 4 x 4, saloon fully loaded and affordable. Only bad point is you have to park up now and again and get… Read Full Review

Markconroy's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2010

I found this review very helpful because...as the man says unless you buy a newish Range Rover you will spend money right away that will just keep costing,A Grand Jeep Cherokee is the way to go as any parts arn't that dear and a mechanic will far rather work on a bullet prof engine that really works in stright 6 or v8 guise.Fantistic power,super 0-60 time for a4x4 and most of the toys you will ever need and some.We are on our third Jeep,two 4L and most reicent 4.7 v8 all Lpg.We tow a big horse box and cattle box and anything else thats in the way on the farm,drive them as our car and have fun offroading in the forest.Great value for money and comfort and what a sound that engine makes.

“Good vehicle exelent to drive. I dont know what to say...”

Written on: 27/08/2008 by wells747 (1 review written)

Good vehicle exelent to drive. I dont know what to say as I havn't found any bad points yet few odd niggle little things but nothing to worry about.
It's a splended vehicle to drive but then it is a V8 a proper one. I love it to bits… Read Full Review

“I haven't included the size and fuel economy as bad...”

Written on: 15/08/2006 by skote (22 reviews written)

I haven't included the size and fuel economy as bad points as what do you expect out of a two tonne V8 petrol 4x4? This car does everything. It cruises great, it's safe as houses to drive (and about as big as one) and you can get five in comfortably. Over a long journey, the armchair seats, whisper quiet cabin and V8 ticking over at 1900rpm at 70mph leave you feeling fresh and dare I say even rested. It's very solidly built too. The problem for me is, it cost £32K new, and is only worth £14K… Read Full Review