Aurora Generators Inc. Silent Diesel 6500 Reviews

Media Gallery for Aurora Generators Inc. Silent Diesel 6500

Aurora Generators Inc. Silent Diesel 6500

“PIECE OF JUNK”

Written on: 18/06/2013

GENERATOR BURNED OUT AFTER 8 MONTHS 50 HRS OF USE. THEIR TEC SAYS IT IS NOT MADE TO RUN CONTRACTOR TOOLS SAWS, DRILL, ETC. THEY DON'T SAY THAT IN THE ADVERTISEMENT.I HAVE USED CHEAP HOME DEPOT GENERATORS THE SAME WAY AND THEY LAST FOR TWO YEARS. DON'T BUY THIS GENERATOR… Read Full Review

“p.o.s.”

Written on: 12/06/2013

I purchased this unit at a local retailer of off shore products i have ran this unit for less than 6to 8 hrs before it went south in the bed i ran it for an hour or so at at time only running a 2000 watt heater finally the unit was running a vcr and a tv along with the ac unit when it went south in the bed. the engine has failed in this unit the oil had a ton of metal in it pulled the valve cover of noticed exhaust valve lifter rod was out of place noticed that the lifter wasnt at the… Read Full Review

“Worst product/Worst Company period”

Written on: 03/05/2013 by chilleydog (1 review written)

Purchased Silent Diesel 6500 from Aurora. Decided to do it right and run it an hour at a time with 1/4 load like they state to break it in properly. After 5 hours, the cheap crimped battery lugs fell off; the fuel filter started leaking all over the place. After 9 hours, the connector on the circuit board that powers the fuel pump safety solenoid loosened, arched over and failed. Had to remove the plunger on the fuel pump to get it to work. After 14 hours- the engine died period- would not start… Read Full Review

Azizakbarmirza's Response to chilleydog's Review

Written on: 10/06/2013

I had a similar experience with this generator. Just within a month the battery stopped working. The company did not replace the same instead insisted that I pay for the replacement. Also the company's mechanic on his first and only visit stated that the generator was over charging the battery. Since then nobody from the company has come to correct the fault. Company behaves non committal on warranty. Poor service standards.

Izthebye's Response to chilleydog's Review

Written on: 10/05/2014

Sounds similar to my experience only mine began with 3 month oil change. It would not start after the oil change. After poking around with a flashlight, I found the locking device for the throttle limiter lying in the bottom. It had never been secured and had backed itself off. The coarse throttle adjustment had vibrated enough to screw itself into a shut-off position and would not start. Customer service all but called me a lier, saying it was impossible for the limiter to fall off and that I must have cut it off! I sent them pictures and heard nothing more. After finding out exactly what it did, I backed the screw out and locked it with a regular nut only to find that the control board for the fuel solenoid had failed! I jumped the fuel solenoid to 12 volts and it ran fine after I Re-adjusted the cheap plastic fuel filter so that the hoses weren't kinked and the filter itself was in a vertical position. This made the engine run way more smoothly. I don't know why they removed the excellent filter that the motor came with. The piece of junk plastic filter is a very poor substitute and seemed to cause rough running if not in a vertical position. All this work was done over the period of a week interrupted by intermittent fuel leaks from the poor quality shut-valve. I am now awaiting the arrival of a new solenoid valve controller board.

Chilleydog's Response to chilleydog's Review

Written on: 11/06/2013

Latest news on the above review. The owner of Aurora threatened to sue me and another review website for posting bad reviews based on my horrible experience and total $1800 loss. Don't say you weren't warned here and 10 other review sites. This company sells junk hiding behind a slick website and garbage about their customer support. Reeled me in. I'm telling you. The owner lied to me. I was shocked when he sent me a personal email. By the way, i told him to go ahead an sue- the truth is an absolute defense. JUNK!

“No problems. ”

Written on: 03/04/2013

I noticed that the reviews here do not match what other sites report. Seems kind of unfair, dated, and inaccurate. I get the feeling its just spam since review centre does no checking and uses the popularity of reviews to advertise other companies. So, I decided to post my own review. I have an Aurora Silent Diesel Generators. I've had no problem with it. It is built better than any other I've seen. I'm happy with the manual and instructions provided. They did not miss anything. Unlike… Read Full Review

Chilleydog's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2013

Sounds like the company reads the review pages. I had the owner threaten to sue me for my Squeaky wheel review. I told him the truth is always a defense.

“Runs like it trying to shake itself apart.”

Written on: 22/12/2012 by RickNY (1 review written)

Just cranked this up for the first time. New oil. New fuel. The unit began to fire up but the unit never got up to speed. When it ran the rattling was quite loud. Hardly "silent". Investigated a little and found the bottom of the housing had a lot of oil that leaked from the engine… Read Full Review

“misrepresent and misleading”

Written on: 05/10/2012

The product will not run a simple, small 13,000 btu air conditioner even though the advertisment shows it running in front of an rv. Customer service was indifferent and accusatory when seeking help. Tech help was good though and did seek to help but unit was not designed to run these even though a smaller Honda generator will. I called and researched prior to purchasing and feel Aurora misrepresented their product or at the very least were misleading… Read Full Review

“16 Hours old and caught on fire”

Written on: 25/07/2012 by xetitan (1 review written)

Less than 9 months old and no more than 16 hours on the meter this generator caught on fire. Upon further investigation 2 wires were found rubbing against a piece of metal on the engine. After contacting Aurora, they quickly blamed me for the problem, stating that I had neglected, abused, and altered the generator. After no success with their so called customer service Im now stuck with a $1890 dust collector. What a joke. Should have paid double for a real generator. Buyer beware… Read Full Review

“Aurora Silent Diesel Generator”

Written on: 11/04/2012 by Dayna (1 review written)

I recently purchased an Aurora Diesel Generator, model #AGI6500SDE. We just finished our 20 hour break in period and did our first oil change on it. It runs like a charm. I was a little worried how loud it might be because we live in a subdivision but you can barely hear it from inside the house. We also purchased on of the Reliance brand transfer switches that Aurora Generators sells and had our electrician install it. Now we're looking forward to the next power outage :)… Read Full Review

Chilleydog's Response to Dayna's Review

Written on: 11/06/2013

If you go on their website forum- you'll read the same thing- nothing but glowing reviews ans simple minded questions. Put something negative on the forum. They actually have some remove it right away...I mean within the hour. Even silly things, like customer service being rude. You can tell the reviews are company driven when they add their certifications to a review. Are you kidding me?

Lanastuart's reply to Chilleydog's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2013

Hi, our generator stopped working and we have been on the phone and internet to try and get some help and have had no response, they are not answering. Is Aurora even still in bisiness?

“Only Diesel Generator company with UL and CSA Approval”

Written on: 28/11/2011

I was amazed when I saw that no other company has any diesel generators with UL and or CSA approval. Aurora did, so I purchased it. Electrically they are far superior to anything else on the market. If anyone came remotely close in quality they too would be laboratory tested and received electrical approval but they do not. What I got with the 10,000 Watt Standby Generator and the 6500 Watt Silent Diesel Generator. Both run perfectly. The customer service is tops and their knowledge is… Read Full Review

Theboatyard's Comment

Written on: 05/10/2012

sounds like the company wrote this. doesn't match up with what others have said and experienced.

Theboatyard's Comment

Written on: 08/10/2012

another aurora company generated positive approval! just read it, its so obvious

“I purchased an Aurora brand 6500 watt silent diesel...”

Written on: 06/04/2011 by RachelAnn (1 review written)

I purchased an Aurora brand 6500 watt silent diesel generator a few months ago. We have it set up just outside of our garage and hooked up with a transfer switch which we also purchased from Aurora Generators. When it's running, from inside the house you can't even hear it. The staff at Aurora Generators are very informative and friendly. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for emergency stand by power for their home… Read Full Review

Theboatyard's Response to RachelAnn's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

another reveiw from the Aurora company.

“This generator was made back in 2009 I have both the...”

Written on: 06/04/2011 by GeneratorTester (2 reviews written)

This generator was made back in 2009 I have both the ones people maybe talking about here and the new one sold today. Both a Silent Diesel Generators. Aurora is a huge company, a multi million dollar business with locations across North American and Asia. I chose to do business with Aurora because they have been around longer then most companies and they don't hide their address, phone numbers or real location.

I also picked Aurora Generators because they are the ONLY company that has… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to GeneratorTester's Review

Written on: 01/11/2011

Gen Tester,
Have you used the Aurora 6500 much at altitude? Their specs sheet claims unit's not intended for use above 3000 feet and I live at almost 6000 and am very interested in this gen. What's been your experience?

Chilleydog's reply to Guest's Comment

Written on: 10/06/2013

You can read this review and believe what you want. When I finally took my Silent diesel to a diesel mechanic that had worked for Allis-Chalmers for 30 years- he said what I suspected the whole time I tried to get mine to run right- was a Chinese piece of junk.

Theboatyard's Response to GeneratorTester's Review

Written on: 05/10/2012

anther sells pitch from the company.

“generator lasted 60 hrs and stopped all together. Will...”

Written on: 25/09/2010

generator lasted 60 hrs and stopped all together. Will no longer run. Still under warranty. When I contacted ron kantz who is the owner he blamed me for Aurora's poor product. Beware! States there is a warranty but if you buy online, and have a problem, you will have to return the unit, for repair, at your expense which like in my case is three hundred dollars for shipping one way! I do not recommend this product or service BUYER BEWARE!… Read Full Review

Toron's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2011

Kind of hard to accept a review from someone who is not registered, shows as "guest" and is missing details. Sure like to hear the other side of this story. I can't see an owner of a company blaming their own product. Your review does not sound genuine.

Toron's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2012

What happens when you buy at Home Depot? Don't you have to return it to the store? Since nobody else since this Sept 2010 reivew has complained, it shounds fishy.

“Aurora generators is a want to be!! No experience, no...”

Written on: 05/09/2010 by mrgenerator (1 review written)

Aurora generators is a want to be!! No experience, no quality, no control, very poor service and amazingly even the company attitude and employees is very poor. I would not recommend these generators to anybody. If you want to buy a generator consider any other brand that is available on the market. If you cannot find what you're looking for, then simply do not buy or spend the extra money for another brand… Read Full Review

Toron's Response to mrgenerator's Review

Written on: 29/08/2011

Really? Aurora is the ONLY company selling diesel generators that have electrical approval and laboratory testing UL/CSA and ETL. What are you comparing too? Sounds like a competitor not a real customer.

“I purchased an Aurora 6500 watt silent diesel...”

Written on: 07/07/2010

I purchased an Aurora 6500 watt silent diesel generator in case of another hurricane and it set in my garage for a year before I needed to use it. The generator ran poorly for about 2 1/2 hours and it used most of the fuel (they publish a 12 hour run time) I cut the unit off and it began to smoke badly and caught on fire. I put the fire out took it to my mechanic. He found a broken casting inside the engine for the fuel pump cup and Aurora will not warranty the unit because it is 6 weeks… Read Full Review

Enerzea's Comment

Written on: 30/11/2012

Diesel Generator set is used to generate electricity for meeting the electricity requirement of small establishments such as commercial buildings, Hotels, Railway Stations, Telephone Exchange, Shops etc. when there is a power supply failure from the State Electricity Board or other power supply undertakings.

“New generator with less than 4 hours of break-in time,...”

Written on: 12/12/2009

New generator with less than 4 hours of break-in time, no output from alternator now, although the engine runs just fine. Now have to find warrenty depot and have repaired. You would think that this product should be more reliable. Very disappointed in performance as it failed just as I needed it and with so few hours of break-in usage… Read Full Review