Acupuncture Reviews

Acupuncture - Ask a question now

Acupuncture

“I am having acupuncture for stress and fertility. I...”

Written on: 06/01/2011 by Alphagirl (7 reviews written)

I am having acupuncture for stress and fertility. I have been having weekly treatments for 3 months now and have noticed massive improvements in both areas. My stress levels have reduced enormously and my reproductive health is as good as it was 20 years ago again. I started having acupuncture because someone recommended it to me and now I recommend it to as many people I can. Make sure you pick an acupuncturist from the acupuncture council of GB and bear in mind that for some people it can… Read Full Review

Acupuncture

“I decided to try acupuncture as I had heard that it...”

Written on: 28/02/2007 by AndreaG (242 reviews written)

I decided to try acupuncture as I had heard that it can help with the pain of rheumatism and arthritis and at the time I didn't have an exact diagnosis and wasn't receiving much in the way of medical assistance.
I found the treatment painful as when the needles were inserted they caused the muscles to go into a spasm, it took about a week for the pain to subside and I cannot say that I think that it reduced my normal symptoms.
I am sure that acupuncture does work for a lot of people, I think… Read Full Review

Helen Of Troy's Response to AndreaG's Review

Written on: 28/02/2007

It didn't work for me either Andrea. I tried it for Headaches but still got them!

Kimmaidment's Response to AndreaG's Review

Written on: 03/08/2012

Hi Andrea, did you have a course of treatment. Usually the needles don't hurt but I find if you go to a Chinese Therapist they do their best to make it hurt on a 'no pain , no gain basis'. It is called gaining 'Deqi'
Some people don't respond to Acupuncture, it is not a cure all but I do feel it may have been worth trying someone else.
Sometimes the NHS provides Acupuncture from a Physiotherapist but many of them only do a few weekends training in Acupuncture where as a professional Acupuncturist has usually trained for 3 or 4 years.
My Partner had severe Osteo-Arthritis in her neck and was told she would be in a wheelchair by 40. She had Acupuncture, is now 55 and works in a Garden Centre! It did take two years of treatments but at the end she was going once a month. So I am a bit biased I must admit!

Andreag's Response to AndreaG's Review

Written on: 01/03/2007

Well it makes me feel a bit better in a way knowing that it isn't just me that it didn't work for. Thanks for your comment.