Morphy Richards 47505 Roma Reviews

Cup Warming Surface: With Cup Warming Surface
Water Source
Water Tank Size: 1,629.56 Grams

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I had one for about a year and found the quality of...”

Written on: 07/10/2010 by pasco (2 reviews written)

I had one for about a year and found the quality of the coffee deteriorated over time. In the end I went back to my plunger for strong coffee. I did try different brands etc... but the coffee just seemed watery. Incidentally - once I accidentally threw away the rubber tip from the milk frothing spout and Morphy Richards replaced it for £6. Their service was quite quick but I thought £6 was steep… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“Had this for 3+ years now - still churning out great...”

Written on: 30/08/2010 by timdwyer (1 review written)

Had this for 3+ years now - still churning out great coffee. The milk frother is a little slow but as I normally drink my coffee au naturel that does not affect me!
Produces a great crema.
The support has been fantastic - had a few teething problems (looking back on it it may have been more operator error - do NOT twist the coffee holder handle beyond the point where it sticks out a right angles!)
A bargain at about £75

Themaninthevan2001's Response to timdwyer's Review

Written on: 20/09/2010

nice coffee machine

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“For the price this machine is a welcome , simple...”

Written on: 17/06/2010

For the price this machine is a welcome , simple working machine.
The service from Morphy richards is outstanding, I needed a gasket and without questions and charge it was send to me from the UK.
HOWEVER.....we had a Gaccia before,which broke after 20 YEARS!!and that machine was definitely a step up.
In short, a good machine for a good price, but NOT for the BARISTA!!
Cheers,
Hendrik… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“This is a very good espresso coffee machine and I...”

Written on: 19/03/2010 by Olivia Ferreira (2 reviews written)

This is a very good espresso coffee machine and I already recommended it at least 3 friends of mine… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“It is an all-round top budget choice for an espresso...”

Written on: 05/02/2010

It is an all-round top budget choice for an espresso machine. It is far far better than any other machine priced at £100 or less… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I bought this machine now over 6-7 years ago and it...”

Written on: 17/01/2010

I bought this machine now over 6-7 years ago and it still works perfectly and the coffee it makes is fantastic. It is a very well build coffee maker and I have not experienced any issues with dripping. My congratulations to Murphy Richards for this product!
The only thing I could critisize is that larger cups do not fit. But that is not a big issue! I now live back in Spain and the water is very hard but this dose not affect it.
Again thank you for the pleasure I have drinking its coffee!… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“This is just a quick note that this machine is the...”

Written on: 09/12/2009

This is just a quick note that this machine is the same as the Lello 1375 Ariete Cafe Prestige Coffee Maker (see U.S. version amazon.com) and in Australia it's a Sunbeam something or other. Many reviews for this available at amazon.com. I like mine but it sometimes seems to block for a minute before it makes the espresso… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I've had my "Morphy Richards 47505 Roma Pump" machine...”

Written on: 08/09/2009

I've had my "Morphy Richards 47505 Roma Pump" machine for well over five years now and it's still producing amazing coffee.
It's a very well built machine, especially considering that it only cost £99 when I bought it and had a 2 year warranty. These days they are all made from plastic for that price.
The pump is your standard Italian-made 15bar unit and is a little noisy, but more than sufficient with regards to pressure. The boiler is sturdy and steams up really fast for almost instant… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“had one of these Morphy Richards 47505 Romas for 5...”

Written on: 08/04/2009

had one of these Morphy Richards 47505 Romas for 5 years and used every day - never failed and produces great coffee… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I got through three of these machines under warranty -...”

Written on: 09/11/2008

I got through three of these machines under warranty - the first leaked from the water resevoir; the second one cracked near the group head and spraying steam everywhere; the third was fine until last week - now it too is spraying coffee/steam mixture around the room. Very dangerous! Other reviews suggest this is a systemic problem of poor build quality… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I have had this Morphy Richards 47505 Roma for 6...”

Written on: 28/08/2008 by cheffy (1 review written)

I have had this Morphy Richards 47505 Roma for 6 years, and its used every day, and still works just as well, it makes a great coffee, espresso is just like you get in trade, it looks good and for the money it beats the likes of Gaggia hands down.
All in all this machine really fits the bill, most coffee machines in my opinion are over priced, over spec'ed and difficult to use, try this one and will not be dissapointed, and you will get a great coffee every time… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“There is really no serious complaint I can make about...”

Written on: 13/01/2008

There is really no serious complaint I can make about this machine. You can get better, fancier machines for sure, but you'd be paying a couple of hundred pounds more for them. This one wins hands down for value for money… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“On the whole I'm very pleased with it., and would...”

Written on: 01/01/2008 by debdaw (2 reviews written)

On the whole I'm very pleased with it., and would recommend it.
It seems to be more solidly constructed than other machines in the same price bracket and produces an excellent cup of coffee.
However, in view of the spitting problem I had when using it with Illy coffee I'm reluctant to experiment with different brands.

Edaddis's Response to debdaw's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Not sure exactly what the spitting problem is, but my 47505 has recently started being very messy when stopping the espresso function and removing the head - coffee grounds all over the place. I downloaded the manual (long misplaced) and looked for maintenance instructions for this area, but nothing. I can see there are four screws holding the socket in place that the head slots into. Is it a good idea to remove this socket and clean thoroughly? Is that likely to be the problem?

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“Before using the milk steamer/frother, run it for a...”

Written on: 28/12/2007 by mikerose7 (1 review written)

Before using the milk steamer/frother, run it for a few sec to initiate steam output or you will get watery milk… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“Since my original review I have had to have my machine...”

Written on: 15/12/2007 by paldiss (2 reviews written)

Since my original review I have had to have my machine replaced as the machine was just not performing. I have to say Morphy Richards after sales service was excellent they replaced the machine without any problems at all. I have had the new machine for quite some number of months and although it is performing better than the old one it is not performing at a satisfactory enough standard. The shots are pouring at about 13 - 15 seconds which is way too fast, the crema is too light indicating the… Read Full Review

Tonylacy's Response to paldiss's Review

Written on: 05/02/2008

I agree with this review because...<br/><br/>Well..because it is true. Normal grind and tamp produce a weak watery shot in as little as 10 seconds. By experiment I find I can get a reasonable shot by grinding very fine and tamping very hard but this is very difficult to control and sometimes I end up with a 30-50 second over-extract and stress on the machine....which has caused several gasket failures within the 2 year warranty period. I must say that Morphy Richards have replaced without question and by courier every time but now my warranty has run out and I'm either looking for spares or will have to bin this machine.

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“A very nice piece of kitchen equipment. Looks good and...”

Written on: 24/10/2007 by S Scott (1 review written)

A very nice piece of kitchen equipment. Looks good and works well produces as near pro coffee as you are likely to find… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“A standard espresso size is 2.5 ounces for a double...”

Written on: 30/04/2007 by paldiss (2 reviews written)

A standard espresso size is 2.5 ounces for a double shot so the size is not an issue as far as I am concerned i.e. it doesn't take mugs because it is not designed to. The Roma is an espresso machine. In saying that though the shot should take between 24 and 28 seconds to pour and should come out like "honey". This I can say mine doesn't. To pour a single shot takes about 10 seconds at the slowest, which leaves the coffee thin and without sufficient cream. I am experimenting with grind at the… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“Must make sure that where the group fits into the...”

Written on: 06/09/2006 by sgibbs (1 review written)

Must make sure that where the group fits into the machine is clean, that the grind is right and that you put in the correct amount of coffee into the group, and you can't go wrong.

I find the Morphy Richards 47505 Roma Stainless Steel Pump Espresso Coffee Maker is as good as the coffee I have in the restaurant where I used to work, and they use a Pavoni… Read Full Review

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“Was given this Morphy Richards 47505 Roma coffee...”

Written on: 08/07/2006 by ArthurCater (1 review written)

Was given this Morphy Richards 47505 Roma coffee machine as a present, happily used it for two years or so. Then the rubber seal in the filter housing developed a leak. Spare parts dealers do not carry that. Email request to Morphy Richards customer service went unanswered for a week, then I got a reply "assuring you of our best attention at all times" and stating that the part could not be got. A few more messages to and fro establish that "because the machine is made in the far east we cannot… Read Full Review

Dougc's Response to ArthurCater's Review

Written on: 15/02/2008

I found the same problem but was offered a new machine at a fraction of the normal selling price, I mean 25%! So I bought one. A little time later the seal on the new machine also failed. Two out of action. Then bought a cheepie machine from Woolies, just as good but slightly smaller tank. Seal failed. Three up the spout, so really tried to find a seal which I now have. Do a Google search on Morphy Richards 47505 seal, it comes up trumps. They are expensive, like £4 - £5 but at least I now have 3 good machines, anyone interested in buying one?

Dougc's Response to ArthurCater's Review

Written on: 26/02/2008

Right, after my earlier comment on the 47505 review, I have this update.
<br/>The seal arrived and was fitted in 5 minutes, (been desperate for a decent cup of coffee).
<br/>Switch-on, ok, great! Warm-up, ok also great! Make a coffee, ok, not great, in fact, very bad news.
<br/>It isn't the seal that fails, it's the body around the dispenser holder, the black plastic bit you bayonet your filter holder into.
<br/>It splits around the neck but the split doesn't open up until the pressure is on so you don't notice it.
<br/>So, before you waste time and money looking for and buying the &pound;5 seal, try making a coffee and when the water pours out from around the filter cup holder, check closely for the tell-tale crack. I will almost guarantee that it is there.
<br/>My final comments?
<br/>These Morphy Richards machines are so poor in quality of manufacture that I wouldn't even pay the return postage to have it returned under guarantee.
<br/>The time it lasts from new is not proportionate to the cost of the postage. Better buy something better.
<br/>If anyone can recommend a decent, well made basic espresso maker, that won't die of fatigue within 12 months, please do. I'm still waiting for my decent cuppa.

Morphy Richards 47505 Roma

“I read all the reviews before settling on the Morphy...”

Written on: 06/09/2005 by polly77 (1 review written)

I read all the reviews before settling on the Morphy Richards 47505 Roma Coffee machine. I only have one cup of coffee a day, so it has to be a really good one. I like latte and cappuccino, so I did my homework and found you need an excellent espresso base for these coffees. I wanted a machine with 15 bar and not too expensive. The average retail price for this machine is £99 - £105, but I found it brand new at electricshopping.com for only £69. The warming plate is something of nothing, as… Read Full Review