Sony Ericsson P900 Reviews

• Style

Sony Ericsson P900 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sony Ericsson P900

Sony Ericsson P900

“I've had the Sony Ericsson P900 for 2 years and lived...”

Written on: 20/11/2005 by simonh102 (13 reviews written)

I've had the Sony Ericsson P900 for 2 years and lived on it, battery is still fantastic it has never let me down and is the best phone I have ever owned, got fed up with the price of the Vodafone contract so switched to 3 which included a free Nokia 6600 (awful, awful, awful) am getting my P900 unlocked so I can use that again.

Cannot recommend highly enough… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“The P900 is a phone that has all of both Sony and...”

Written on: 11/04/2005 by bh222storm (1 review written)

The P900 is a phone that has all of both Sony and Ericsson's technology in it and is packed with features and looks ace! It's a great phone for buisness and everything else. I reccomend… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“I really don't know why some of the comments in other...”

Written on: 18/12/2004 by s11lko (2 reviews written)

I really don't know why some of the comments in other reviews have been made (obviously each to their own!) as I've found the Sony Ericsson P900 one of the best phones I've ever owned. It does everything and more I could wish. It DOES take a 128mb Memory Stick Duo which is eaten up quite quickly if storing things like MP3's (2 albums?) but the quality of video picture and sounds is excellent especially when listening through the enclosed headphones. I would like it to be a bit smaller but the… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“I am now on my fourth Sony Ericsson phone and I can...”

Written on: 21/10/2004 by juliot5 (2 reviews written)

I am now on my fourth Sony Ericsson phone and I can honestly say that if haven't got a bad word to say about them.
I bought my p900 about a month or so ago and it is fantastic. The interface is very easy to use, it takes a couple of minutes to get used to it as it is nothing like an ordinary mobile phone interface, but then it is no ordinary phone. The capabilities of the phone are pretty much endless. I use the calendar feature every day, setting alarms for meetings or to remind me to pay… Read Full Review

“I love this phone!!!! ”

Written on: 19/10/2004 by elisebutt (2 reviews written)

I love this phone!!!!
I got it so I could take notes in college and then synchronize with my PC. It does this brilliantly!!!

I have bought some extra memory and downloaded my favourite tracks - excellent sound quality.

Emailed small videos from my holidays around europe - another excellent!!!

Takes really good photos for a titchy lens as well.

The only problem is that I can't hear the ring tone that well all the time but it is so big that I can find it really easily in my handbag.

Downside… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“The Sony Ericsson P900 is an outstanding...”

Written on: 23/09/2004 by KevinW (2 reviews written)

The Sony Ericsson P900 is an outstanding phone/organizer. I have previously owned two Nokia phones (good), a Samsung (ok to good), a Panasonic GD87 (poor), but this one is head and shoulders above the others. Must put that in the context that I wanted an organizer as well as a phone in one, which is not everyone's requirement; if all I needed was a phone I'd still go for the smaller phones that you can tuck in the front pocket of jeans and not know it's there... you can't say that about this… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“Sony Ericsson P900 - If you have McAfee on your PC...”

Written on: 14/09/2004 by Keithy (2 reviews written)

Sony Ericsson P900 - If you have McAfee on your PC expect trouble trying to backup. Fitst you will have to turn off the virus scanner and the firewall and ensure they don't start at reboot, then you have to reboot and then you have a one in three chance of being able to backup or install software. Sony Ericsson claim that the P900 syncs with Lotus Organizer so I bought it specially. BIG mistake!
Lotus Organizer has some very good points, BUT it is old software aimed at US executives. It… Read Full Review

Jonno's Response to Keithy's Review

Written on: 14/09/2004

You mention that it wont work with sticks larger than 64MB, but on my phone i am using a 128MB stick and it works perfectly.

Sony Ericsson P900

“As the P900 is currently the most expensive mobile on...”

Written on: 29/08/2004 by Nickmon (1 review written)

As the P900 is currently the most expensive mobile on the market I was expected great things from this device; I was sadly dissappointed. I was looking to upgrade from a Panasonic GD87 so whilst I had both devices I was able to compare them. I would go as far as to say that the camera quality on the P900 is the poorest I have seen on any mobile. When taking a picture you are forced to use a tiny box view finder and not the full screen. There are different ambient settings, I noticed that the… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“The Sony Ericsson P900 was my first smart phone,...”

Written on: 24/07/2004 by rubberyak (1 review written)

The Sony Ericsson P900 was my first smart phone, before I had a Nokia 6310. Got it on a bit of a whim, free upgrade from Orange business.
Broadly speaking I'd says it's a great device, but with a few significant flaws.
Most annoying was the lack of Bluetooth hands free protocol, Unlike previous SE phones, the P900 will only work with the SE Car kit, or with a basic headset protocol (with very limited functionality)
So if you have a fancy car with built in Bluetooth support you're in for a… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“I am not worthy. The Sony Ericsson P900 phone has...”

Written on: 22/07/2004 by PhilHarris68 (1 review written)

I am not worthy. The Sony Ericsson P900 phone has everything you could ever want. I'm only 17 but blooming hell I don't think that I will be getting rid of this for sometime yet (or until there is a newer version released to the general public.)

Like most teenagers I use MSN messenger a lot, guess what? You can have it on ya phone and it works perfectly.

I'm also a big games player. Guess what? This has Doom, Pac-man, Mario, Sonic, Space Invaders, Wall Breaker, Outrun, V-Rally and lots lots… Read Full Review

Jonno's Response to 163229_PhilHarris68's Review

Written on: 23/08/2004

Hey PhilHarris68 im also a teen p900 owner and I agree with all your comments, I think this phone will last me some time. I'd just like to ask you where you can get MSN messenger and some of the games that you mentioned for your p900. I've downloaded V-Rally, but as you might know its really hard to play with a stylus. Apart from Chess and Solitaire, thats the only game I have. I've also downloaded loads of programs for the P900 with the Sync Station and I was wondering if you have found any other sites where there are a more extensive range of programs.
<br>
<br>Any advice would be appreciated,
<br>Thanxs, Jonno

Sony Ericsson P900

“Having had my Sony Ericsson P900 for about a week and...”

Written on: 04/07/2004 by Jonno (31 reviews written)

Having had my Sony Ericsson P900 for about a week and a half, I can say I am pleased with it. I really like the touchscreen and the virtual keyboard is cool. The camera and battery life could be improved but they were ok to use. The sound quality is the best I've heard so far.

However, the reception is a downpoint. The status bars jump from 5 to 2 even in the same place. And in a place where I had 4 bars with my Sharp GX20, I had 1 bar with my P900… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“This Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone has been superb...”

Written on: 22/06/2004 by piers2408 (1 review written)

This Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone has been superb but i found out after quite a short time that i had to upgrade my memory stick to fit all my Mp3 on which wasnt hugely expensive. With the phone being quite bulky it can be quite a fiddle to fit in your pocket with the flip on, so the answer was to take it off and it looks so much better and easier to use with out
I Have owned this phone since last November 2003 and have had only one minor problem with it. I took it back to the shop. it was… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“Just got this Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone...”

Written on: 07/05/2004 by alan1969 (1 review written)

Just got this Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone yesterday - FREE on my yearly upgrade with Vodafone. This is where all mobiles will be in a year or two. Looks smart, not too heavy. I also have the Ericsson T630, which is ok, but is no comparison to the P900.
At last a phone with everything I need - and some !… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“On paper the Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone really...”

Written on: 04/04/2004 by ActionJaxon (1 review written)

On paper the Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone really does look like 'the stuff', and let me be the first on this site to tell you IT IS. It really is the stuff and more, it's like no other phone on the market to this date when it comes to fuctionality. It's everything you need in one unit. It's your PDA, it's your digital camera, it's your digital video camera, it's your MP3 walkman, it's your handheld games console, it's your portable movie theatre, and all that aside it's a damn good quality… Read Full Review

Lindiwe27's Response to ActionJaxon's Review

Written on: 03/05/2004

While I have special respect to Sony Ericsson mobiles, may I know for how long have you been using the machine?

P1000's Response to ActionJaxon's Review

Written on: 20/05/2004

i've had it 6 days now and despite playing with it for at least an hour everyday, I'm still finding new surprises.

Sony Ericsson P900

“The Sony Ericsson P900 is THE mobile phone for anyone...”

Written on: 27/03/2004

The Sony Ericsson P900 is THE mobile phone for anyone that wants everything in life this is it, heaps of dowloadable software… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“So far I think the Sony Ericsson P900 is the best...”

Written on: 27/03/2004 by dagreat2002 (1 review written)

So far I think the Sony Ericsson P900 is the best mobile phone in the market today and it could even be made better with handy day or tracker (3rd party applications). Speaker volume is loud so you wont have problems hearing text message tones when your in a mall or in the streets… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“I have had my Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone for 3...”

Written on: 25/03/2004 by hipchickmck (1 review written)

I have had my Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone for 3 weeks. It has some fantastic features, but some serious design flaws.

One problem is the limited ability to shut down programs in memory, leading to memory leaks. The only way around this is to install a third party software program called TaskMan which then allows you to close applications you've finished with and clear down the memory.

Another problem is that if you take an action such as deleting a text message, you have to confirm the… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“The P900 has broken through the barriers of mobile...”

Written on: 09/02/2004 by denniswoon (2 reviews written)

The P900 has broken through the barriers of mobile phones. It is probably by far the most multifunctional handheld devices on the market today. Having never used the P800 nor being a big fan of SonyEricsson, i was amazed by the capabilities of this little device.

It wasn't as big as i thought or imagined it to be which amazed me as to how on earth they managed to cram all the functions into that tiny device!!

But down to the serious side, what first impressed me was that that phone was not… Read Full Review

Boinng's Response to denniswoon's Review

Written on: 12/02/2004

Since the P800 is now a *lot* cheaper than this phone, while being virtually identical in features and potential, I think it deserves a defence.
<br>
<br>Suffice to say, virtually everything you've liked about the P900 is also true of the P800. If you can do without the "proper" keypad (which you may not end up using much anyway), you could save a lot of money. Functionally, the only additions in the P900 are the "Communicorder" video recording (you can now buy the superior Philips Camcoder to do the same job on the P800), and T9 predictive text on the keypad.
<br>
<br>Both phones can be expanded well beyond their original abilities with extra software - a P800 armed with a few well chosen shareware apps can still do more things, better, than a P900 fresh out the box.
<br>
<br>Since the two phones are compatible in every way and share the same basic hardware/OS platform, the P800 will remain "current" for as long as the P900 community continues to thrive.

Ssghafori's Response to denniswoon's Review

Written on: 26/04/2004

i do agree with u on most points about the P900 Dennis. i have used both the P900 and the 6600.to be honest i loved the P900. but i wonder if u noticed the fact that applications are very easy to shutdown on the 6600 than on the P900.and also even though the quality of the ringtones are facinating on the P900 i found people staring and smiling whenever i had a call.with the nokia the ringtones are very soft and kind of makes people wonder what magic u got in ur pocket.

Sony Ericsson P900

“The best thing about this Sony Ericsson P900 mobile...”

Written on: 23/01/2004 by stevenorton (1 review written)

The best thing about this Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone for me aren't the most obvious things you might think. Sure it takes good photos, videos, games and MP3's but for me it isn't those things that make this phone so special.

It's the fact that when you use this phone the quality of the calls are as good as using a land line. Unlike my last Nokia 6610 I no longer need to shout down the phone or strain to hear the other person. What a difference!

The other thing I like too is it's size. I… Read Full Review

Sony Ericsson P900

“This Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone is the mutts...”

Written on: 09/01/2004 by AMM740 (1 review written)

This Sony Ericsson P900 mobile phone is the mutts nutts. For mobile office it is strong but if all you need is e-mail, Outlook synch and camera/video then it far surpasses the competition. Its the new Nokia communcator or the revised XDA that never arrived. Comparing to the HP top IPAQ it is not as good a PDA but looking at the big picture it is a brilliant piece of kit. Not really used the music functionality much but it seems strong there too ..especially with the expandable memory cards. In… Read Full Review