The Royal Oak, Millbrook Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

The Royal Oak, Millbrook - Ask a question now

“Couldn't fault this place. The service was excellent,...”

Written on: 09/02/2010

Couldn't fault this place. The service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. Food wonderful, steaks cooked as requested to perfection, the chips are LEGENDARY, best I've ever had. Puds gorgeous. Good value for money, lovely decor and atmosphere. Can't recommend highly enough… Read Full Review

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2011

Now sadly closed down, boarded up and for sale.

“Never been dissapointed when we've eaten at The Royal...”

Written on: 31/07/2009

Never been dissapointed when we've eaten at The Royal Oak, Millbrook. I'm not a big steak eater but here they are cooked to perfection and have plenty of flavour. The menu is varied and caters for vegetarians. The home cooked chips are something else. We have always received good, polite service. We do have to wait sometimes but we know that is because the food is being cooked fresh. The only downside is we can't eat there as often as we'd like!… Read Full Review

“It has become one of the places that I dine at the...”

Written on: 28/12/2006 by Veronica123 (1 review written)

It has become one of the places that I dine at the most. I tried it just after it opened, and I really enjoyed the food and relaxed atmosphere. I also liked the fact that it is non-smoking, as I am a non-smoker myself, though I didn't realise just how much effect that had on me until I was in other restaurants and found myself getting annoyed if someone smoked near me. I hadn't realised before just how much a smokey environment affects the taste of your food.

Obviously, if you are a smoker… Read Full Review

“The Royal Oak in Millbrook/Stalybridge is a...”

Written on: 08/08/2006 by Emily C (61 reviews written)

The Royal Oak in Millbrook/Stalybridge is a non-smoking, family friendly restaurant, which offers a bar and an Ala Carte menu throughout the week so you're guaranteed to find something to suit your tastes.
The place is spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated, with a great atmosphere. You're always greeted with a warm welcome and with extremely helpful staff, who are very attentive, pleasant and friendly and most importantly the food is delicious.
All the food is home cooked from fresh and I… Read Full Review

“The Royal Oak is one of the nicest restaurants I have...”

Written on: 31/07/2006 by babrahams (130 reviews written)

The Royal Oak is one of the nicest restaurants I have been to in a long time. It is an award winning, non-smoking restaurant, which makes for a refreshing change. Finally you can go into a pub and not come out smelling of cigarette smoke.

The whole pub and restaurant are beautifully decorated, and spotlessly clean. The food is all home-cooked, and is simply superb. The home-made pate is to die for - highly recommended. I do know that they source most of their produce from local suppliers… Read Full Review