Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo Reviews

• Ease of Application

• Ease of Removal

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo - Ask a question now

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo is a...”

Written on: 09/03/2009 by bibblebobble (8 reviews written)

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo is a lovely product but as a general lip-stain/gloss, as it just doesn't last at all! It recommends using Estee Launder 'take it away' make-up remover...theres no chance of that as it's gone as soon as you lick your lips. This is definately not worth £17!!! Beautiful cherry colour...a purple/pink shade. Nice taste. Easy to apply due to the light non-sticky sheer formula. Looks very natural without the gloss. Does not last....gone within a few… Read Full Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“Forget the clear gloss. I use CoverGirls top gloss...”

Written on: 26/06/2008

Forget the clear gloss. I use CoverGirls top gloss that comes with all their colors. You can buy it separate in the white tube. Tastes good and you can apply it blind all day to keep lipstick (all brands of this nature lipstick) in place. Leaves nice feeling, not gloppy like clear glosses. More like a slick chapstick… Read Full Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“I like the color of Estee Lauder Double Wear...”

Written on: 12/06/2008 by Dahling (1 review written)

I like the color of Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo Sparkling Berry because it matches a dress I'm wearing to my daughter's graduation next week, however....It's very expensive! $25.00 and I've decided that it's not worth the money. I'm going to return it today. Why does the clear gloss feel so gritty on my lips?? Shouldn't it feel smooth? It's driving me craaaazy!!! I applied the color at 8:00AM this morning and by noon it looked cracked and only on the outline of my lips… Read Full Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“I tested this product today and loved its lasting...”

Written on: 14/03/2008 by shad29 (1 review written)

I tested this product today and loved its lasting effect. I am returning to buy tomorrow as I like it so much… Read Full Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“Whilst I think these lipsticks are great and the...”

Written on: 17/06/2007 by suzy wyatt (11 reviews written)

Whilst I think these lipsticks are great and the result is always professional, they do dry my lips out. I guess frequent use isn't encouraged. I must say, a good lip-liner, used all over the lips gives a good result, and it doesn't dry the lips out as much as Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo… Read Full Review

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“Generally, the colour stays on with Estee Lauder...”

Written on: 07/09/2006 by KdataM (2 reviews written)

Generally, the colour stays on with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo, but gradually fades, usually leaving a line around the lips within 6 hours.

Unsure whether it is the fault of the product or my mouth; the colour doesn't stick on the whole area, showing deep lines, creating a very chapped/flaky look! I'm 25 and have never had this problem with any other lip products.

Flakes of colour do still end up on cups/glasses etc. - Max Factor Lipfinity works better than this!… Read Full Review

Helen Of Troy's Response to KdataM's Review

Written on: 27/09/2006

Hi KdataM, just popped in from next door (the other Stay-in-Place review!) and decided to take your advice and try this Max Factor Lipfinity. As a confirmed Estee Lauder junkie, this was a big decision! I have just applied it, it is a bit different from Stay-in-Place lip duo, I feel another review coming on.......! Will wear it a few times first though! So far so good! Oh I love this Review Centre! Thanks for the tip!

Kdatam's Response to KdataM's Review

Written on: 14/06/2007

Admittedly, I have not used Lipfinity for 8 years (since school) as I much prefer lip gloss - Dior Kiss and Ultra range are the best - but I do remember it being a lot better than this Estee Lauder alternative. The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo was too dry and flaky after a few hours, but I don't recall having any of these problems with Lipfinity.

Helen Of Troy's Response to KdataM's Review

Written on: 14/11/2006

Have done comparison, fair trial! Can't agree that Lipfinity is better than the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo. It is different, but certainly not better. I'm sticking with this one!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Lip Duo

“Estee Lauder Stay-In-Place Lip Duo does just what it...”

Written on: 28/07/2006 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

Estee Lauder Stay-In-Place Lip Duo does just what it says! I have purchased this in several colours now, and I am so impressed by its staying power. My favourite is Rare Wine, which is a beautiful rich deep red, but it can be applied to look as subtle or as deep as you like, for day or evening. It can be applied easily with the applicator. Put the first coat on and allow it to dry for about a minute (best start before applying eyeshadow.) If a deeper tone is what you prefer, apply another coat… Read Full Review