Cafe Gandolfi, Glasgow Reviews

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

Cafe Gandolfi, Glasgow - Ask a question now

“Apparently, Cafe Gandolfi one of Glasgow's least kept...”

Written on: 26/07/2006 by Huw Evans (9 reviews written)

Apparently, Cafe Gandolfi one of Glasgow's least kept secrets - fab food, incredible service, locally made furniture (available to order), locally sourced food, and local artists' work decorates the walls, and yes, these are for sale. Just ask the waiter or waitress, who may well be the artist in question! Wonderfully welcoming, but don't tell anyone!

The modern twist was a twist I certainly wasn't expecting! Ordering Venison, I expected a sizzling rich lump of lean, flavoursome meat, but I… Read Full Review

Sharkel's Response to Huw Evans's Review

Written on: 08/05/2007

It would have been good to add a wee bit more - what is the menu like at Cafe Gandolfi, and what are the prices like etc?...

Welsh Foodie's Response to Huw Evans's Review

Written on: 05/09/2008

The prices are as I'd expect - a bit pricey and the menu is as I said in the review - packed full of 'modern twists' on traditional dishes based on local quality ingredients. I like it a lot but I didn't realise what I was in for. As a tourist I wanted a few cliches but got a surprise. It was a pleasant surprise but none-the-less not what I expected. It didn't blow me away and I was a little disappointed but the quality, service and ambience were excellent. You can't let prejudice effect your appreciation of good food, service and quality! I recommend trying it.