Tom Tom Go 300 Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Tom Tom Go 300 - Ask a question now

Tom Tom Go 300

“Very simple to use. Can be upgraded easily. I have...”

Written on: 24/10/2008 by amd00x (3 reviews written)

Very simple to use. Can be upgraded easily. I have used one for quite a long time now and it's very reliable. If you are not one who mixes with computers or it's the first time you are going to buy a sat nav, this is a must!… Read Full Review

Tom Tom Go 300

“Very pleased with my TomTom 300, use it here in the UK...”

Written on: 14/07/2008

Very pleased with my TomTom 300, use it here in the UK and swap the USA road card for my American holiday road trips, works very well, no complaints, perhaps the only real thing missing is a battery level meter, when not on external power, but other wise very pleased… Read Full Review

Tom Tom Go 300

“It is good when you have a postcode or address....”

Written on: 06/05/2007 by margaretand reg (1 review written)

It is good when you have a postcode or address. Unfortunately, it doesn't work around Nottingham. Does anyone know how to contact the manufacturers please? It is hard to find how to update the info? It is easy to lose complete sat nav info, and it is costly to get back on track? There should be automatic updates for the Tom Tom Go 300 Satellite Navigation system!!?? Come on you manufacturers, get a grip!… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Tom Tom Go 300

“My Tomtom Go 300 came free with a brand new car,...”

Written on: 05/11/2006 by BigJonMX (5 reviews written)

My Tomtom Go 300 came free with a brand new car, otherwise I would really be ranting. New and straight from the box, it didn't have the local motorway on its maps, so I got the latest updates (only the app, no map updates available) and still no motorway. The advise it gives refers to old roads and junctions that no longer exist.

The company's attitude stinks: "subscribe to our newsletter" was their solution. I still can't find the 'clear' button if I want to start from scratch after entering… Read Full Review

Bigjonmx's Response to BigJonMX's Review

Written on: 02/02/2007

Update on my TomTom Go 300 satellite navigation system after only 2 months...
<br/>
<br/>One month ago a large splodge mark (like a giants thumbprint) appeared on the screen. This stopped the gadget turning on completely. I thought it may be caused by damp/humidity, so I kept it indoors since. The mark has never gone, so it's clearly broken. It took 3 weeks, and numerous emails *and* phone calls to the company to get the result of "take it back to the shop" (the shop is a 90 minute drive away, which is why I took the recommended advise of contacting the company directly). The email support was a joke, and they kept replying to me in languages other than English, even after I asked them to write in English. No explanation.
<br/>
<br/>It's a shame, as I was beginning to enjoy having this gadget. I was learning its limitations and quirks, and understood it could not be trusted for anything serious, but as a novelty toy it was fun. Seeing my progress on long journeys was good. And the history lesson of how the roads used to be was interesting.
<br/>
<br/>My advise: make sure the shop you buy it from has an 'immediate replacement or cash refund' policy.

Tom Tom Go 300

“I bought the Tom Tom 300 after much research for the...”

Written on: 10/09/2006 by John raf (8 reviews written)

I bought the Tom Tom 300 after much research for the website transportcafe.co.uk where I wrote two articles about Tom Tom. The reason I mention this is I was extra fussy and careful. I think it sums it all up to say I would not want to be without it, it can save you miles off fairly local travel because it knows the shortest way between all points, which you can never do yourself, it's the opposite of a white elephant! Ruddy wonderful, but the service is not as Dell quality, so don't expect… Read Full Review

Marcusm's Response to John raf's Review

Written on: 16/10/2006

Very curious about your pleasure at overtaking in a 30 or is 40 limit. Hope your Tom Tom alerts you to small pedestrians. Marcus.

John Raf's Response to John raf's Review

Written on: 24/10/2006

Actually on reading my review again, I see I did not mention overtaking in 30mph zones, just spec camera zones, which are on motorway situations where you are required to, and it's safe to drive at 40mph which is the limit. Even the police would not like you driving at say 30/35mph in that situation and causing an unrequired tailback. I always adhere to 30mph, and generally less in built-up areas (I support 20mph zones) and get tailgated for it, so rest easy! I love kids, adults, and all animals, even stopping for a frog crossing the road, which I observed, stay happy!
<br/>John

John Raf's Response to John raf's Review

Written on: 24/10/2006

Ah! I should dot the I's and cross the T's, but it can take so long. If on the motorway and in spec camera zones you can drive at the real 40mph in safety, and know you are NOT breaking the law, and it's SAFE! Of course, whilst those with normal speedometers which generally read fast, and they have to drive for miles at a slower speed. I do not drive at the limit in 30mph zones, but I can drive at 60mph in 60mph zones that are safe to do so. The point being safe and legal, simply because it's very accurate; at least mine is!
<br/>Thanks for pointing out the ambiguity of my words.
<br/>John