Rack Space Reviews

Rack Space - Ask a question now

“The Closed my account without confirmation”

Written on: 08/06/2015 by BidDirection (1 review written)

SO, you open an account with Rackspace to support your business. You are thinking of changing provider, and send an email asking how to close your account. A week later, your account is closed - without any confirmation from you, because you did not respond to their messages. To close an account without CONFIRMATION - poor business practice - cased me the loss of a Monday trying sort it out. Even with the "how was your weekend" and "what a beautiful day" stuff from Customer Service -… Read Full Review

“Very poor support, going downhill fast.”

Written on: 29/10/2012

Hi, Used Rackspace for MANY years now, support used to be good, but over the last few months it has been getting worse, in the last two weeks I have had to pay an external company to fix issues they should be sorting out, when asked about what they support I was told they don't actually have a list, seems to be up to whoever answers the phone. Fanatical support is a joke, but I'm not smiling at the moment, they charge top rates for a VERY mediocre service… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/11/2012

You don't detail the issues you had in your review, or the platform you were using. You don't put this review into context.

Tonypearce's Comment

The context is:
Dedicated server, apache config, trying to get someone at rackspace who would help and not reply with 'sorry we don't support that' stating this is an application issue when it actually came down to an apache mis-config.

Hope that helps elaborate!!

Thanks for the info.
That's disappointing - they should have been easily able to assist with that (unless the server wasn't under a fully managed contract - I've found them very strict on how much they assist with). You could always ask for a change of account manager too.

“Poor support”

Written on: 07/08/2012

Overcharged by 3x, then would only give me credit. Then the samething happened the 2nd month … Read Full Review

“Awful support from AUP department”

Written on: 12/06/2012

The RackSpace Cloud was attacking our server for weeks on end with probes and SQL injections, causing load issues and server errors. RackSpace say they offer "fanatical support", but nothing could be further from the truth. The main abuse@ address bounced first of all. Then, when sending emails nothing was confirmed and there were no read receipts or ticket numbers. There was no way of knowing if the abuse complaints were even being received. Then I called the customer service line and they did… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/11/2012

seriously? You're blaming your hosting provider for this? you clearly know nothing about web hosting. If your suffering sql injections it's clearly a faulty site built by you!

A web host supports the OS and the hardware - that's what they do! it's got nothing to do with your web code

“How I was stuffed by Rackspace”

Written on: 06/06/2012 by arcray (6 reviews written)

Support - generally excellent apart from one episode where outgoing email got hacked in the middle of the night which meant no one could send out email for 24 hours. Very sloppy response from the team on that one, but prior to that, support was really first rate. Reliability is incredible - I've never seen a webhsoting company like it. No idea how they keep their servers online, but they do. So how was I stuffed by Rackspace? Having hosted all of my websites with them for 4 years, I was… Read Full Review

“The best support I've experienced!”

Written on: 06/09/2011 by rebjools (1 review written)

We're not the biggest of companies, but you like to feel you're still worth something to any 3rd Part you deal with. We have 3 servers with Rackspace and I've always found it easier to sleep with these guys supporting all the sorts of issues we've gone through across the 20+ sites my small team have to manage. Their "unsupported" support beats the last lot we were with and knew on that basis alone I'd be sticking around. I've always had a great response time, particularly from a phone call… Read Full Review

“Whilst on the face of it they're expensive, if you...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

Whilst on the face of it they're expensive, if you truly compare like-with-like then they are actually quite competitive (and I've done this regularly). I've used Rackspace now for several years and their support is (nearly) always truly superb and on the odd occation they haven't come up to par - they've always been upfront about making things right. And you can't say fairer than that!

Support is limited for area outside their area of concern, but they've always at least tried to help if… Read Full Review

“Excellent service throughout the signup process and...”

Written on: 07/02/2011

Excellent service throughout the signup process and whilst setting up. The online chat people are very helpful and quick to answer any queries or problems you might have. Can't comment on uptime yet as not been a customer long enough but looking very favourable so far! Recommended… Read Full Review

“Hi, ”

Written on: 17/10/2010

Hi,

This review is for the email service only.

We use them for hosting in the UK, two servers one firewall and Exchang.

Hosting OK, FORGET Exchange! absolutly appalling service, rubbish support, deny something is wrong, then funny to see an hour later system monitor showed an error!.
Recommend UK hosting, forget the email service, we have used cheaper and far better providers, Rackspace should invest in this rather than slick advertising, you can only paper over so many cracks before the… Read Full Review

“Hi, ”

Written on: 27/04/2010 by greyuk (1 review written)

The support response is fantastic - 24hr support 7 days a… Read Full Review

“My terrible experience with RACKSPACE. ”

Written on: 11/02/2010

My terrible experience with RACKSPACE.

I'll number my points to make it easy for all.

1. If you are a small company forget it. They will assign you a part-time account manager who will only be available 1-2 days a week.

2. They have the most convincing sales team. They will sell their own mothers for your signature on the contract. Their contract is air tight so when you sign it say good bye to your money.

3. They are truly fanatical about support if it involves simple tasks like rebooting… Read Full Review

Greyuk's Comment

Written on: 26/04/2010

<br/>
<br/>I work for a relatively small company and use RackSpace for all our hosting requirements and have nothing but high praise for them. As a result we have been working with them for the past 5 years.
<br/>
<br/>You'll be assigned with a full-time Business Account Manager who will assist with all aspects of your hosted environment, if he/she is unable to answer your particular question they will involve the relevant resource to assist ASAP.
<br/>
<br/>The support response is fantastic - 24hr support 7 days a week. If you require phone support you simply dial the specific number, give your account details and the receptionist will put you through to the relevant support engineer. The engineers that I've spoken with have been very knowledgeable and more than willing to assist with issues that are probably outside of their remit.
<br/>
<br/>The use of their ticketing system also allows you to track, raise and respond to all issues through the online portal.
<br/>
<br/>If asked I would recommend Rackspace to anyone looking for a hosted solution!!
<br/>

“How good are Rackspace - this good: ”

Written on: 09/12/2009 by arcray (6 reviews written)

How good are Rackspace - this good:

I'd spent 3 weeks adding content to a Joomla website in test webspace and was then given the all clear by the client to make the site live in their actual webspace.

In a nutshell - I messed up the transfer by doing something very stupid and the database got trashed.

I contacted Rackspace support - within 15 minutes they had restored the previous nights database backup and site was back on line. 15 minutes!!!

That sort of service is worth paying for.

If… Read Full Review

“Rackspace servers are fast and solid. In my...”

Written on: 25/07/2008 by webinspektor2 (3 reviews written)

Rackspace servers are fast and solid. In my experience, they have provided outstanding support - very fast and knowledgeable. Unlike a lot of other hosting companies I have used, Rackspace just get on and sort things out promptly without trying to fob you off. Premium prices, but premium service. Well recommend RackSpace as a web hosting service… Read Full Review

“Rackspace servers are fast and solid. In my...”

Written on: 25/07/2008 by webinspektor (1 review written)

Rackspace servers are fast and solid. In my experience, they have provided outstanding support - very fast and knowledgeable. Unlike a lot of other hosting companies I have used, Rackspace just get on and sort things out promptly without trying to fob you off. Premium prices, yes. Premium service too… Read Full Review

“I will recommend this hosting company without any...”

Written on: 28/01/2008 by fifirom33 (5 reviews written)

I will recommend this hosting company without any restriction if you have money to pay the price. It is worthwhile. The only think I complain is the price, but, what you want, quality must be paid, isn't it?… Read Full Review

“”

Written on: 18/12/2007 by lfn (1 review written)

We are most likely leaving them, after 7 years as a customer. I have always recommended Rackspace, but no more. We recently had a weird bandwidth overage incident that no one has yet found any evidence of, not even their own support personal, and as far as I am aware they are still charging us for it… Read Full Review

Abest's Response to 331944_lfn's Review

Written on: 06/06/2009

Exactly the same has happened to us. Charged us over &pound;1,300 for bandwidth overage which they could not justify or prove we used!. We also recently found out they recycle ALL dismantled parts from servers left over from customers who leave them, but always insist their servers and componants are brand new - this was advised to us by 3 members of senior staff [a customers services manager, a senior account manager and one of their most senior technicians] who left them to work for a competitor we now deal with! What a set of deceitful sales people!<br/><br/>Rackspace are over priced, for the equipment they use and they NEVER accept responsibility for any wrong doing. They put us on a solution which was redundant within a few months of moving to them. Ever since then we have had to recycle data space costing us money and huge resource. When I questioned the initial solution, we were told it was our fault we signed up for it even though after telling Rackspace our requirements they recommended the solution. We were after a trust worthy hosting company, to offer us support, advice and counsel on important hosting issues, yet when you raise any kind of questions they are completly devoid of responsibility.<br/>They seem good at the point of sale but trust us it stops there. Their products are second rate and they always push you towards expensive solutions which never really deliver what you need.<br/><br/>I would never ever recommend Rackspace Hosting for anyone. There are many superior companies who provide a better service, using better brand new equipment at a cheaper price.<br/><br

“They have grown too quickly, their processes are...”

Written on: 08/11/2007 by nickt100 (1 review written)

They have grown too quickly, their processes are inadequate and the level of support is progressively reducing… Read Full Review

“We approached Rack Space after unbelievably poor...”

Written on: 30/08/2007 by oegen (2 reviews written)

We approached Rack Space after unbelievably poor support from Webfusion.

Our sales manager suggested a solution to meet our budget, and managed the whole process of signing up.

An account manager then contacts you to set up the server to your specification, and install any software, which includes conference calls with their technical team.

They will do their utmost to support all your additional server software, even those which they don't officially support, and they will advise you on the… Read Full Review

“Great if you need to buy from IBM or your fired, if...”

Written on: 22/05/2007 by AdamoCelo (17 reviews written)

Great if you need to buy from IBM or your fired, if you've got a modicum of common sense then don't use 'em, and find someone else… Read Full Review

Abest's Response to AdamoCelo's Review

Written on: 06/06/2009

could not agree with this comment anymore!

“With Rack Space, you can pretty much forget about web...”

Written on: 04/04/2007 by Georgec123 (1 review written)

With Rack Space, you can pretty much forget about web hosting concerns. They deal with it all… Read Full Review