Tempur Mattress Reviews

Tempur Mattress - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tempur Mattress

Tempur Mattress
Tempur Mattress

“Sensation needed a mattress topper”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Lyric461 (1 review written)

We bought a Tempur sensation mattress recently, complete with new bedstead (non-slatted). My husband who is much taller and heavier (13st) than me, finds it fine though wouldn't rave about it. I found it too hard (perhaps because I am lighter - 9st). I have since bought a Duvalay memory foam topper for my side of the bed and found it to have made all the difference. With the topper, when you first lie down it still feels a bit hard, but then after a while you realise that it is slowly… Read Full Review

“Not impressed”

Written on: 23/07/2014

I bought the mattress primarily for my husband, he works in heavy industry and has been suffering for a few years with back ache, he works very long hours and was finding it difficult to get quality sleep on our old mattress. For a while now these problems have seen me sleep in a seperate room and bed from hubby. We were very excited about the product and were hopefull that his sleep would be greatly improved and eventually, perhaps we could share a bed once more. On the first night my husband… Read Full Review

“love my mattress”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by Helenat57 (1 review written)

I love my mattress, it took me a while to get used to it which was weird as i do not have any medical problems etc. We got the mattress as my husband has crushed disks in his spine and he loved it the first night he slept on it. I did find i felt a bit warmer but reduced the tog of my duvet and keep the small window open in the warm and we are fine. i honestly cannot imagine ever going back to a sprung mattress… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Hi, Thank you for your lovely review. It's great to hear how much you are loving your mattress. Sleep well and have a great weekend.

“Tempur Mattress. NASA? Wouldn't want to be an astronaut.”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by Lyricl87 (1 review written)

I am not one to usually post on a forum such as this but having stumbled accross this review site, thought I'd air my views. We decided to buy a new mattress just over a year ago, since our original one was getting a bit 'long in the tooth', still comfortable but a few years old. We visited numerous bed shops, trying different beds and eventually ended up in a shop near our home town in Western Australia. We were led to the Tempur section and the assistant explained just how good they were… Read Full Review

“Bad for your health and wellbeing”

Written on: 05/07/2014 by bobbycp (1 review written)

Bought our second Tempur Mattress about 30 months ago from Furniture Village. The first one was bought there as well. We had that and it was good for about 10 years then it started to deteriorate. So being pleased with the earlier one we went back to Furniture Village to buy another. We bought another one and it took us a long time getting used to it. Strange considering we had used one for ten years. We never got used to it we started getting serious aches and pains, in our lower backs, hips… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to bobbycp's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. It's very difficult to discuss individual cases here on The Review Centre. I can assure you Tempur do care about their customers. I have forwarded your notes here on to our customer service team and if you would like to give them a call they will be happy to talk through any issues you have with your mattress. Please let them know it's connection with this review and mention your user name.

Bobbycp's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2014

Sorry to say I've been down that road previously and now you ask me to take another ride. Well what's the point you will fob me off again and send out the man with a wooden batten,spirit level and camera again.

You as a company clearly prefer his skills and technical know how / advice as opposed to the tried and tested lab tests carried out by the renowned WHICH MAGAZINE investigators and researchers.

TEMPUR UK talk nonsense and treat customer complaints with contempt. The product you sold me is a waste of money £2000 to be precise and you refuse to do anything about it. You had a chance earlier and fooled me. DO NOT BUY ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS BE WARNED I MAKE SURE EVERYONE I SPEAK WITH KNOWS ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE.

Bbob53's Response to bobbycp's Review

Written on: 26/07/2014

Hi
I have just gone through exactly the same very poor service response from Furniture Village. Initially the mattress was really good and comfortable. But now Part of my King size Tempur mattress has developed a soft area that has resulted in my developing serious lower back issues. Furniture village sent out a man with a spirit level who reported that here was no issue. How a spirit level measures the ability of memory foam to support someone is a misery to me.
Furniture village have said that if I want to pursue this further then I have to have a recognised qualified person examine the mattress, at my expense They could not tell me what this qualification was. Tempur have said via Furniture Village that there is nothing to be done. They don't even want to get involved with a customer complaint.
I am loathed to let this slide as I know that the structure if the mattress has changed in an area. Still within the warranty period.
Does anyone know of a definitive test for this type of problem.

“Waste of money & a health issue”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by Koenq1950 (1 review written)

We spent £3000 on a tempur mattress (not the basic mattress and no in-built topper) and base 18 months ago and have wasted our money The only positive is that we don't disturb each other when turning in bed. However, both of us wake up with aches and pains and getting out of bed makes us feels as if we are a hundred years old. This does not happen when we sleep in other beds. Neither of us feel rested in the morning and find that we wake frequently at night. Again, this does not happen… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

We are sorry to read your comments. It is very difficult to properly discuss any issues you have here, within the constraints of the comments area on The Review Centre. Please do contact our customer services - where they can go through things with you properly and offer advice and help based on your individual circumstances.

Bobbycp's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2014

I have heard this all before, I was warned the Tempur UK reps claim to be concerned and offer to help only to try an pacify you whilst at the same removing you from giving bad feedback on their products and after sales service.

Don't be fooled this company are just fobbing you off and you will get nowhere as they won't admit there is a problem with their products. Maybe in the future they will be exposed who knows?

Written on: 07/07/2014

We are sorry you feel this way. We do genuinely care for our customers and strive to help them where there is a fault or problem with any products. It is very hard to discuss individual cases with in the space of The Review Centre, which is why we ask customers to call our Customer Service Team. The team will always have a copy of the comments left on here and will be able to discuss each case in more detail over the phone. We are genuinely trying to offer help and solutions.

Bobbycp's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2014

Well said, I agree totally. Which Magazine did a report on Tempur Mattress and it came last in a proper scientific test. When I complained they sent a man with a stick and a spirit level!!! Incidentally the Tempur was by a long way the most expensive. Just boycott eh company and the retailer who sold it to you is my best advice.

Bob

“Do not buy a Tempur Bed. The increasing bad reviews...”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by JonDay (1 review written)

We purchased our Tempur Bed (22cm Ottoman bed) from Selfridges for £3,340 in July 2011 on the basis of positive feedback, the ‘Tempur 15 Year Guarantee’ and trying the bed in store with a very knowledgeable member of sales. For the first 2 years, the bed was superb, as comfortable as claimed, then, late 2013 (and almost overnight), all support went from the mattress and we are left with a bed that cannot be slept in and what we have been told is a worthless guarantee. The Problem The… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to JonDay's Review

Written on: 17/06/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. As per your tweet, please do contact our customer service team. I have forwarded both copies of this and your comments on Twitter to them. If you quote your user name and that your are calling in connection with The Review Centre and Twitter they will have all this information at hand. Unfortunately it is hard to discuss this with you in more detail on here and by calling customer service, we can go through your issues.

Catmocca's Response to JonDay's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Exactly the issue I had, I discovered that its a summer thing, in winter it firms up, in summer as the temperature rises it gets softer.
Tempur add their simpering reply to reviews here, but they go no further than that, they act like they care, when in fact they do not, they have your money and you can go swing.
I have now out a board under the mattress, which at least means its not lumpy i.e. you can feel the slats through the mattress, and firms it up slightly.
This company is the biggest ripoff merchants in bed land, premium my arse.

Tempuruk's reply to Catmocca's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2014

It is very hard to comment and offer advice within the constraints of The Review Centre. Therefore we always suggest calling our customer services in order that we can discuss issues in more details.

“Don't buy a Tempur from Bensons!”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by longduo545 (1 review written)

I bought a very expensive Tempur Sensation Sublime 25 mattress from Bensons for Beds, believed it will provide comfort to me because I am 24 weeks pregnant and do need a good mattress to sleep on. Unfortunately we cannot sleep on it, my husband had terrible back pain and I had stiff neck, on both nights I was even snoring (I never snored in my whole life)! We moved to the spare room in the middle of the night and have been sleeping OK since then (fair to say, the mattress in the spare room was… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to longduo545's Review

Written on: 13/06/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. Everyones idea of comfort is different and for that reason we do 3 different ranges of mattresses. It may be one of these is more suited to you. We do usually say to contact your retailer in the first instance, which you obviously have. You can call our customer service team. They have a copy of the comments you have left here so they will know your situation. If you could give you could say it's in connection with The Review Centre and quote your user name they will be able to match you to these details.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by AnneBradley (1 review written)

Mattress purchased 3 years ago for £1000 but has gone so soft it's like we are lying on the bed base with no mattress. So called guarantee is a waste of paper as inspector says that as it reverts back to original shape it's fine. Lots of reviews online about these mattresses going soft. Do not buy a tempur mattress… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

We are really sorry to read your review. It is very difficult to discuss your case here on The Review Centre, but if you would like to call our customer service team, I have forwarded all the details you have given here. Just tell them you are ringing in connection with The Review Centre and quote your user name. They will be able to go through everything with you further.

“Tempur Original Pillow”

Written on: 20/05/2014 by Eva1964 (1 review written)

Tempur original pillow is really a v good investment, i have been sleeping on one since a few yrs back and i never have stiff neck problem ever, my sleeping posture is better i feel, definitely worth the money… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Sleep well. :)

“Tempur Sensation Deluxe .Comfort N Firm Support”

Written on: 15/05/2014 by CocotteJane (1 review written)

Personally I dont have a good impression of "soft" Tempur mattress until I lied down on it. I and my wife chose the Sensation Deluxe 22 as it give a springy feel, soft comfort yet firm support. Being sleeping on it for 2 weeks and I simply love it. It is not warm as some claimed… Read Full Review

Rosalind-Tan's Response to CocotteJane's Review

Written on: 19/05/2014

I have the sensation 21cm..Firm yet I dont feel any pain on my shoulder when I sleep on my side.
Till now I am happy with the comfort.

Tempuruk's Response to CocotteJane's Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Great to hear. Sleep well. :)

“Mattress went mouldy and company asking for 90£ to...”

Written on: 22/03/2014 by CsillaBrimer (1 review written)

It is a disgrace, you would think if you pay 1500 for a mattress, and you get a 15 year warranty you can count on the company. Well not this one, our mattress got mouldy and we bought it less than a year ago, when we called to get it replaced they said we need to pay 90£ for someone to come and inspect it. Its a DISGRACE, Tempur should not take advantage of consumers like this. Don't spend money on this rubbish, wish I didn't… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to CsillaBrimer's Review

Written on: 27/03/2014

Hi, We are really sorry to read your comments. We believe that Tempur products provide the best nights sleep and we would ask that you contact us by email or call so that we can offer assistance. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name and the title of your review so we can match you to the comments you made here.

Cas.111's Response to CsillaBrimer's Review

Written on: 04/04/2014

I had the same, nobody wanted to know, even the furniture ombudsman was on the same side of Tempur. It took me 6months to get a replacement, what I did under the advice of a solicitor was download the forms for the small claims court, filled them out naming the company where I bought the bed responsible because I had only had the bed for 18 months. I then sent a copy by registered post to the Managing Director of the company where I had bought the bed, telling him my intention was to take his company to court if I did not get something done within 14 days. Once the MD of the retail company got on to Tempur as he didn't want his company being dragged through court a new bed and base was sent immediately. I had to fight tooth and nail to get a new bed i took on Tempur, the furniture ombudsman, the retail store and an independent enquiry team, who all sided with Tempur, The fight was worth it the bed which replaced the mouldy one is a different bed and I must say I wouldn't go back to a sprung mattress. Hope this helps

Csillabrimer's reply to Cas.111's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2014

Thank you for the advice, I am pregnant, so this black mold is a huge issue. Tempur keeps saying that mold is not manufacturer problem, but I never had issues with my previous mattress, plus we have dehumidifiers in the house, so there is no mold issue whatsoever besides this mattress that sweats on its own and creates this disgusting black mold. Now we need to clean our bedroom fully, shampoo & disinfect the whole room, maybe get new carpet & throw away all our bedding. It's going to cost us more than the mattress itself. Despite a lot of people have the same issue, the company tries to tell us, it is our fault. We both have respiratory problems, and our allergies became a lot worse. If this is the effect on us adults, I don't want to imagine what would happen to a little baby, this mattress MUST go no matter what before I bring the little one home.Of course needless to say with a long list of baby things to buy, we can't really afford to buy a brand new mattress as well. It is a very frustrating situation.Nobody should have to suffer with any physical or emotional effect of any product.

Cas.111's reply to Csillabrimer's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2014

I know exactly where your coming from your experience is just the same as ours.. My husband was in his early 70's and developed breathing problems, he went to the docs who put him on medication, but the problems didn't clear up. Once we found the black mould and moved into the spare room the breathing problems disappeared, so it was obviously the bed. Just like you no body wanted to know......just like you we had a dehumidifier in the house, so there was no damp running down the walls. Just like you I was told it was our fault, One guy even told me I must have put damp clothes in the divan drawers. I was lied to by the independent surveyor from a company called Fifra, and the furniture ombudsman sided with Tempur. Just like other people I WROTE to the newspaper, and various TV Programmes with no response....iT WAS the advice I got from the solicitor which worked in the end...so try approaching the retail shop where you bought it and threaten them with small claims court, it's not expensive to go down this path and who knows it might work. I even sent the MD of the retail company the name of a site on u tube. There is a short film on there on "HOW TO CLEAN BLACK MOULD OUT OF YOUR TEMPUR MATTRESS" have a look at it, it makes interesting watching. !!!!! If I can be any help please let me know....

Harvey21's Response to CsillaBrimer's Review

Written on: 28/03/2014

Please get in touch I'm getting a case together against tempur for mis-sold mattress

Written on: 31/03/2014

Hi, Feel free to email me. Looking forward to hearing from you. All the best.

You can email me.

All the best

Harvey21's reply to Csillabrimer's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2014

There taking phone numbers and emails off the comments

Written on: 02/04/2014

Yes, I suppose it is part of their policy. I am not hard to find, just search my name anywhere.

Cas.111's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2014

Hi, I had a problem, but mine has been resolved, but happy to help in any way I can, try getting me through facebook my name is Carol Law Leeds

Csillabrimer's reply to Cas.111's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2014

I wish I could find you on Facebook or google but I had no luck so far. Perhaps you can find me by name Csilla Brimer - I live in Essex
I would really like to talk to you.

Cas.111's reply to Csillabrimer's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2014

will look for you on face book.

Cas.111's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2014

Hi, IF YOU WANT MY EXPERIENCE OF TEMPUR GET IN TOUCH

“Never buy a tempur mattress do not ignore the reviews”

Written on: 03/03/2014 by 21harvey (1 review written)

Unfortunately since the purchase we have had very little sleep and awful back pain! I wake every morning with a very stiff neck severe headaches and back ache, aching weary limbs and muscles. Oddly this doesn't occur when I've sleep in the spare room and sleeping in a different bed. Since purchase we have not had a good night's sleep. This mattress has Causes numbness pins and needles and aggravates my existing back problem. now I've started getting pains, pressure point on my hips and… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to 21harvey's Review

Written on: 07/03/2014

Hi, We are really sorry to read your comments. It is obviously very difficult to discuss this further on here. I know you have already been in touch with our Customer Services, but I have forwarded these comments on to them today and would ask that you call them and state you are calling in conjunction with this review. They will then have all your details. They can then discuss your problems further.

Mkhan007's Response to 21harvey's Review

Written on: 01/05/2014

We bought on 05 Feb 2014. Same product model and symtoms. In the first 6 weeks, all good. In the last 6 weeks (from today), wife had started complaining of the symtoms similar to you.

I was already back pain suffered, and this has increased. I am now spending money on accupenture and cupping (another £40 per week).

I just contacted Dreams customer services (litterally now) and booked home survey (no doubt they were friendly and cooperating). Let's see how they deal with our problem. I would keep you posted. We got 6 May slot.

Keep me posted with your progress too. Should you need my details, please let me know.

Thanks.

Mkhan007's reply to Mkhan007's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2014

Dreams survery condected. I phoned them today and being told that it's invalid claim as the engineer did not spotted anything wrong with matress pressure/comfort.

We are not satifisfied with their decision. We spent 8 hours on the mattress, and i don't understand a survier spending 5 minutes inspecting matress is concluding it non-faulty.

Need to take it to the next stage to get it sorted as whatever we need to do.

Harvey21's Response to 21harvey's Review

Written on: 28/03/2014

Please don't reply in asking me to call your call centre what a waste of time. please if any one has a problem with a tempur mattress please get in touch I'm getting a case together and have wrote to several tv shows asking for help with mis-sold tempur mattress.

Badbackfromtempur77's Response to 21harvey's Review

Written on: 27/03/2014

Wish I'd seen this review before purchasing! We bought the 27" tempur expression mattress and it's dreadful. I am left with pins and needles too and a feeling my leg is going numb if I sleep on my side plus feel like an old woman when I wake in the morning. We are in the process of talking to dreams as feel we have been completely mis-sold.

Sue.reynolds05's reply to Badbackfromtempur77's Comment

Written on: 28/03/2014

... having had another night's problematic sleep - and seeking reviews of the Tempur mattress I can wholehearted confirm that we are experiencing exactly the same problems. Lower back pain, aches & pains through the night and on waking, being woken in the night by numb hands. To add to this, my partner is attending a sleep disorder clinic to investigate excessive tiredness through the day. My partner has slept in the spare room thinking that our disturbed nights are through her constant tossing and turning through the night. Night before last, having woken up again in discomfort we swapped beds. I had the best night's sleep in a very long time. I went back to the Tempur mattress last night .... and here I am writing this review ...

Harvey21's reply to Sue.reynolds05's Comment

Dizzyf's reply to Sue.reynolds05's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2014

Please read my review of the mattress ( I think it is number 156 or something)...this is like a carbon copy! Your pains are probably pressure sore like mine, by being unsupported all night, and the stress that it causes on joints. I bought a new mattress and have never felt better. Tempur was a very expensive mistake for me. Good luck with yours.

Harvey21's reply to Badbackfromtempur77's Comment

Badbackfromtempur77's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2014

Hi do you have an e-mail address? We had the homeserve people out from dreams today and our mattress dip is borderline apparently! I am sleeping on a slant position no wonder I'm waking up feeling stiff as a board!

Dizzyf's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 01/04/2014

Hi Harvey21's, thank you for messaging me regarding your case. Do you have an email address to contact you on? If not I will set an email to correspond.
I have now changed mattresses and my problems immediately began to subside. It truly is an awful product and I am so sorry that we are in this position, and find it unbelievable that Tempur are still denying any problem. Legally, there are only a few 'faults' that are diagnosed with mattresses and tempur are well aware of this loophole, so they shirk around it. To get the Law changed is very time consuming, complicated and expensive, which again Tempur are aware of. The University I was dealing with in the material testing confirmed this! After living with my problematic mattress for so long and all the negativity that Tempur caused, I took the bold and very expensive decision to take the mattress to the Tip, just to rid myself of the daily upset that it caused. I can honestly say that it was the best decision I made. I now sleep perfectly at night, back in our marital bed, and do not have the anguish and upset hanging over me. £1800 worse off, in fact the last 'interest free' payment of £66 is due this month! How ironic! Tempur are the most 'interest free' company I know!!!

Harvey21's reply to Badbackfromtempur77's Comment

Written on: 02/04/2014

Please get in touch I Did put email and phone number on last comment, if it gone again tempur has taken it off

Badbackfromtempur77's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 08/05/2014

Hi, I have asked for the engineers to come out again but them seem to miss the point, its not just the dipping its the whole issue of Tempur proclaiming to give you the best nights sleep when in reality I have to get up and move into the spare room because of the pins and needles and back ache!! FALSE ADVERTISING

Mkhan007's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2014

HI

It seems like as what you have described as i can't find your email or contact. Please let me know. Or please fine mine email and let me know what we have to do please.

Thanks.

Tempuruk's Response to 21harvey's Review

Written on: 07/03/2014

“terrible”

Written on: 01/02/2014

We purchased a tempur pedic mattress 6 0r 8 mo ago and have taken it off our bed as we paid 36oo.oo for it and though it would be great but it was a waste of money.and the pillows were no good.We purchased it from your dealer here in Wichita, KS… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/02/2014

Hi, I am answering on behalf of Tempur UK. Unfortunately we are unable to help you from here or offer any further advice. But here is the link to the Tempur Pedic there in the US who may be able to help you further. Tempurpedic.com. I have forwarded your comments to them too.

Written on: 28/03/2014

“My experience on theses”

Written on: 26/01/2014 by 240323 (1 review written)

I suffer from Pàrkinsons -for several years sleeping on a very expensive mattress with a memory foam topper I'd be getting out if bed anything from midnight on with aching joints sleeping in a lazy boy chair rest of night downstairs We bought a Tempur Sensation 25 (the one they market as developed to be as near as a spring mattress they have ) First couple of days felt unusual come different to sleep in with still a bit if aches and pains on but after 4 to 5 days I now get to sleep to 6 My… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to 240323's Review

Written on: 30/01/2014

Hi, That is really lovely to hear. We are so pleased to have made a difference. Sleep well. :)

“no after the sale warranty, warranty is a joke”

Written on: 24/01/2014

mattress became lumpy, with ridges running length of mattress, terrible mattress… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/01/2014

Hi, I am really sorry to read your comments. We believe that Tempur products provide the best nights sleep and we would ask that you contact us by email or call us so that we can offer assistance. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here. I have forwarded these details on to them. Please do call to discuss this further.

Written on: 13/02/2014

Another satisfied customer getting the best night sleep, Tempur UK? Disgusting

Written on: 28/03/2014

“Devastated that I bought one”

Written on: 20/11/2013

As my husband has a physical job, and I was recovering from major surgery, we decided to invest in a Tempur mattress. I had previously bought my young a son a memory foam mattress (not Tempur) and were delighted with the sleep quality, indeed I used to laugh about him barely moving all night! So in April 2012, we parted with £2000 and took delivery of our Tempur deluxe Mattress. The first 12 months were absolutely perfect, slept like babies all night. Then, in June this year, I started having… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

I am really sorry to read your comments and would ask that you call our customer services to discuss this in full. I have forwarded them a copy of your comments on here so please let them know that you are calling in relation to The Review Centre and give them the title of your comment as a reference.

Ashimafast07's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2014

Thank you soo much for your review. I visited the dreams store yesterday and the sales person there showed me tempur memory foam mattress. I tried the mattress and it felt good. I was almost about to buy the mattress in super king size today but changed my mind thinking i would read some reviews online. Having read your review i dont think i will now buy tempur. Thanks for your comments. Very helpful.

Written on: 13/02/2014

I am glad this review has helped you to make a more informed decision, and saved you from a very costly mistake.

Written on: 29/11/2013

Totally agree my mattress has caused me major health problems too tempuru are not interested and their customer services are worst than useless. The only way to have them reply is to keep pestering them. The person that monitors this site seems to post the same message to every body. I was informed by customer services that after inspection there was nothing they could do as there was no fault with the mattress. I posted it here and received the same reply that you have. Thinking they were reopening my case I rang customer services. they stated they would ring me back, nearly three weeks later after emails and phone calls I managed to contact the case handler, she never rang me I had to ring her. She told me again there was nothing more they could do. Perhaps the Tempura person who monitors this site should liaise with customer services before replying and raising customers hopes, especially since I did put in my review customer services statement there was nothing more that could be done.

Written on: 29/11/2013

I am sorry to read your comments.

Our customer services have been in touch with me today and explained what had happened and the situation with regard to your mattress. I can only apologise on their behalf for the problems you had with contacting them.

I am sorry they are unable to help you.

We do look at each customers comments individually, however, we feel that it is always best to discuss matter in person rather on a forum like this and that is why the comments I post tend to refer people back to our customer services so a proper two way conversation can happen. Customer services are always given copies of comments on here so they know what has been said.

Again, I do apologise on behalf of customer services for the problems you had with contacting them. This was a genuine error and is not the service we usually wish to offer.

Written on: 30/11/2013

this is not my experience of customer services. they very rarely reply without a lot of re contacts. I have dozens of emails to prove the point. Mt other comments were addressted to you not customer services. Why did you refer me back to them when there was no more they could do

Written on: 29/11/2013

Tempur uk will only monitor these sites for their own benefits, to make it appear that they are willing to assist. I only posted on this forum to act as a deterrent to other prospective purchasers, if one person learns from my experience, then it is helpful. I did contact them as per the customer service request, and I was called back by a polite but totally unhelpful employee, who denied that they had any experience of his kind of problem. She was "totally at a loss as to what to suggest". Think you'll find it's me at a loss...to the tune of £2000! The problem I have, like many others on this forum is that Tempur will not accept this as a fault as it is not visible. I have taken legal advise, and am conscious that this site will be monitored, so I am cautious as to what I say to you. I am however, going to pursue this further and will let you know how it goes. Good luck to you in your fight!

Written on: 30/11/2013

join the club I will process fully when my wife is out of hospital. I too am seeking legal advice

Robop's Comment

Written on: 07/12/2013

I am on my second tempur mattress the first one we had to ten years, this current one cost 2000 pounds from Furniture Village about 18 months ago and is causing my wife and I serious problems which include severe sleep deprivation, severe muscle ache and severe overheating. Due to these problems I am going to have to discard the mattress and purchase another more firm supportive type but NOT Tempur. I believe that the long term use of Tempur mattresses is detrimental to my skeletal frame and muscles and I am suffering with pain now in my hip, shoulders, elbows, neck and legs. I believe this is due to the non supportive value of Tempur. I would not recommend this product.

Written on: 08/12/2013

looks like tempur have problems with their new range. Still working on my problems but its looking hopeful.

Written on: 12/12/2013

We are sorry to hear your comments.

We believe that Tempur products provide the best nights sleep and we would ask that you contact us by email or call us so that we can offer assistance. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here. I have forwarded the details to them today.

Please do call our customer service team to see if we can help resolve your issues.

Written on: 12/12/2013

Why do Tempur make such ludicrous statements? Why do you suggest that we contact you; you and I know that your customer service team will do nothing for us. Read through these reviews, there are scores of dissatisfied customers with the SAME problem, obviously a common fault with the mattress given the sheer volume of cases. Each customer has lost say £1500.00. How have you got the cheek to come on here, a REVIEW forum, and spout the same rubbish time and time again. Thousands of people DON'T sleep comfortably, do you use that it your advertising. Clinical trials... I volunteer myself for these trials, I can even bring my own mattress. This website is for consumers to review their purchases. And by goodness the truth hurts Tempur. But oce again,you use this site for damage limitation, once again infuraiting those of us who have lost thousands of pounds, I alone am £2000.00 out of pocket. How dare you.

Written on: 12/12/2013

This is a reply for "Robop"

As mentioned in my other reply we would be grateful if you could contact our customer services. I can see from your comments that you previously owned and were very happy with your Tempur mattress. There are 3 different feels available from Tempur. So we can understand which mattress you own and previously owned please do contact our customer service department to see if they are able to offer further advice.

Written on: 15/12/2013

hi robocop
Try contacting once again I have succeeded. The customer services team came through for me. Big thanks to SD.

Written on: 28/03/2014

“Definitely not the best night's sleep!”

Written on: 04/11/2013

This mattress is so uncomfortable. I wake every morning very stiff with back ache. Oddly this doesn't occur when we are away from home and sleeping in a different bed. I contacted Tempur UK when I first had issues and they weren't interested at all. If you are considering buying one please don't… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/11/2013

I am sorry to read your comments. It can take time to adjust to sleeping on Tempur.

We believe that Tempur products provide the best nights sleep and we would ask that you contact us so that we can offer assistance. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here.

Thousands of people around the world sleep on Tempur mattresses and pillows and Tempur consistently scores highly in customer satisfaction and sleep surveys.  Extensive clinical trials have also demonstrated its benefits. Mattresses purchased through Tempur's UK website come with a free 60 night trial so that you can experience the benefits of Tempur before committing to a purchase.

Debcal53's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2013

I've been back in touch with the Tempur rep I initially contacted with our issues. They still aren't that interested and have referred me back to the company I bought the mattress from.

I really wish I'd found this site BEFORE I bought the mattress. I would never have bought it.

I only hope that this does act as a warning to others.

PLEASE DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON TEMPUR MATTRESSES.

Catmocca's Comment

Written on: 19/06/2014

how do we contact you, I'm up for sorting them out too!

Doynasinger's Comment

Written on: 10/01/2014

THANKS BY HELPING US NOT LOOSE MONEY!!!!!WE LEAVE IN GREECE AND SERYOSLY LOOKING FOR A GOOD MATRESS,DO U KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT DUNLOPILLOW OR COCO MAT MATRESS?

Written on: 29/11/2013

join the club and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. perhaps we should all contact the guardian or take out a joint legal claim

“Worst purchase I have ever made”

Written on: 28/10/2013 by johndb123 (2 reviews written)

Since purchase I have never had a good nights sleep. Causes numbness and aggravates my existing back problem and also causes overheating problems. Been on two holidays since purchase, problems go away when I sleep on normal mattress, return within two days of return. Advert on TV should say like sleeping on brick not air. Purchased from Dreams which went bust. Been dealing with Tempur for months poor customer service have to push all the time. Finally received the independent report today which… Read Full Review

Sburk's Response to johndb123's Review

Written on: 02/11/2013

Who did the review? Fira? If so they always say no fault. Read article in the Guardian 'bed of nails'. Try to get someone else to look at it and pester Tempur.

Johndb123's reply to Sburk's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2013

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was Fira it was strange though they mentioned there was no serial number on my mattress which led me to believe it was not genuine. Tempur insist it is genuine.am contemplating contacting watchdog, advertising standards authority, as their advert states somthing like sleeping on a feather and best nights sleep ever, and starting legal proceedings about deteriorating health problems.

Sburk's reply to Johndb123's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2013

FIRA are paid only if they find no fault. Who did you buy from? Tempur have serious quality issues, I've had a second item delivered yesterday again with faults. If you bought from Tempur I made them aware of the problems with FIRA so I'm shocked they are still using them for inspections. Don't waste time with watchdog etc. you'll get nowhere. Simply badger Tempur at Head Office and tell them about the article also speak to Miles Brginall at the Guardian. Good Luck, consumers of the world need to unite :-)

Johndb123's reply to Sburk's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2013

Thanks, purchased from Dreams just before they went bust so no recourse there. Will keep up the fight. Surprised Tempur have not joined in as they monitor this site, may be they realise the truth hurts.

Sburk's reply to Johndb123's Comment

Written on: 02/11/2013

p.s, saying there is no serial no. is a red herring. I realised after sending my last comment that you'd bought from Dreams. They amend things for their shops so its not an issue.

Harvey21's reply to Sburk's Comment

Johndb123's reply to Harvey21's Comment

hi harvey21
Tempur resolved the issue

Harvey21's Response to johndb123's Review

Johndb123's reply to Harvey21's Comment

Written on: 31/03/2014

how di i get in touch, do not like open forums for discussion

Tempuruk's Response to johndb123's Review

Written on: 06/11/2013

I am sorry to read your comments. I believe you have already been in touch with our customer services. However, I have passed your comments on her on and if you would like to give them a call they will pleased to discuss your situation with you further. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here.

Tempuruk's Response to johndb123's Review

Written on: 06/11/2013

I am sorry to read you comments.

I understand that you have already been in touch with our customer services. I have passed on your comments from here and if you would like to call them, they will be happy to discuss the matter further.

Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here, or the title of your comment.

Johndb123's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Hi
Been in touch tempur staff will ring me back

Johndb123's reply to Johndb123's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2013

They never rang me I managed to contact them today, had to ring them despite emails and a phone call. It only took 23 days to receive the same reply I had before "nothing more you can do"

“A Question about Spilling Liquid on Tempur Mattress”

Written on: 26/09/2013

It is my understanding that if any liquid comes into contact with any Tempur Mattress this can cause the foam to split, crack and eventually collapse into holes. This applies even if the liquid which could be as gentle as water is removed quickly. Any spillage and resulting damage would not be covered under the guarantee. Is the product recommended for children or older people who may be more likely to spill liquids or wet the bed?… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/09/2013

Hi,
Tempur do sell a mattress protector which will protect the mattress from spills whilst still allowing it to breathe and for you to feel the full benefits of Tempur.
It is very difficult to discuss your concerns and issues within this forum. If we can offer you any further assistance we would ask that you contact us by email or call us so that we can offer assistance. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here.
Thanks and regards

Greyjaybee's Comment

Written on: 04/10/2013

My Tempur mattress cracked in various places even without spilling anything on it, well before the alleged ten year lifespan. When I told the company about this, their so-called guarantee turned out to be a sort of part-exchange deal where they would replace my mattress but I was expected to pay a significant part of the total cost. I now have a much cheaper brand which is easily as good and would'nt ever recommend one of these overpriced things to my worst enemy.