Tempur Mattress Reviews

Tempur Mattress - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tempur Mattress

Tempur Mattress
Tempur Mattress

“Finally I found you !!!”

Written on: 03/11/2014 by JackyLee (1 review written)

I used to use hard coil, soft coil, memory forms etc and I couldn't sleep well because of my chronic backpain. I checked all the 3 collections and i finally chose the Cloud Breeze 27cm It is so good to support my back and finally found one for my deep sleep. Also it you won't be affected by your partners' movements… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to JackyLee's Review

Written on: 06/11/2014

Thank you for your comments. It's really great to hear. Sleep well. :)

“Simply Love it”

Written on: 02/11/2014 by springyPeanut (1 review written)

I have been doing my research on mattresses and i narrowed it down to two brands which are Tempur and Sealy. We tried on Sealy's Hotel's collections mattresses but I am worried about the pillow top which is made of high quality foam (as claimed by the sale lady). Although, Sealy's warranty covers the spring and sinking of the mattress, it does not covers the quality of the foam or inner fills. That the problems with all brands which eventually have a body depression and lost the body… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to springyPeanut's Review

Written on: 06/11/2014

Thank you for your comments. It's really good to hear. Sleep well. :)

“Awful nights sleep and worst expensive mistake made”

Written on: 08/10/2014

Bought a Tempur Kingsize Original 22cm mattress from Dreams in December 2013 to replace our Dunlopillo zip linked mattresses. Husband has had terrible pain in his back since sleeping on the Tempur mattress when he awakes every morning and it is unbearably hot, Thankfully we have had 6 months of caravanning so the Tempur mattress hasn't been used and we are now awaiting a new Dunlopillo kingsize mattress. You can't even sit on the edge of the bed to put your socks on without sinking. DON'T… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/10/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. If we are able to offer you any more help and advice please do call our Customer Services Team. I have forwarded copies of your comments on here and they will be happy to see if there is any advice they can give to help you.

“Tempur mattress reviewed.”

Written on: 14/09/2014

we bought a Tempur Mattress 5 ft. 20cm. and it is not as comfortable as we were led to believe, I wake every day in bits with my lower back as I have arthritis it has not been good to me, it cost a lot of euro and I would love to hear if anyone has the same problem, I have now moved into the other bedroom and feel much better on waking, so I feel there is really something wrong with my Tempur mattress.I would have liked to know the truth about Tempur Mattress. any help out there Joan… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/09/2014

Hi, We are Tempur UK and it sounds like you purchased the mattress in Europe so we are unable to offer much help or advice from this end. I would suggest you contact the store where you bought your mattress or your local Tempur customer service as they may be able to offer you further advice and help.

Rmarkd's Comment

Written on: 09/10/2014

Oxymoron - 'Tempur customer service'!

Written on: 09/10/2014

If you bought the mattress in Ireland, the team in the UK will be able to help you. I have passed copies of your comments on here and they will be happy to talk through your problems. However, if you purchased your mattress in Mainland Europe you will need to contact your local store or Tempur in the country you are in.

“Very poor service and quality”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Jonny360 (1 review written)

Bought a £2000 mattress 4 years ago and it's sagged in one position on the mattress. Tempur say it's within the 2cm limit (which it is) but it's making my back worse .than it was previously. The support one side of the bed to the other is totally different. You literally sink into the bed on the soft side. How can this be acceptable...to tempur it seems this is ok. The customer service representative also said that excess sweating could ruin the structure of the mattress too?? Seriously!… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to Jonny360's Review

Written on: 05/09/2014

We are sorry to read your comments. We are looking into this and I have passed your feedback on to our customer services. Can you please call us to resolve this issue. If you quote your user name and say it's in connection with The Review Centre they will have all your details to hand.

Jonny360's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2014

I wrote this after speaking with your customer service team. You are saying the mattress is fine as it doesn't match your criteria for a fault. What is so frustrating is that its making my back worse by the day and I'm left with no choice but to use as I can't afford to replace it. One side of the bed has no support and the other is fine. It doesn't have a 2cm dip but clearly is not in the state it was when I bought it. Is this really how these mattresses perform? There are so many of these type of reviews on here. I'm really disappointed in the Tempur brand as I was under the impression I was buying quality. There is clearly a fault with these products. I have been told that excess moisture affects the performance? All humans sweat..some more than others. Surely these mattresses should able to cope with that?

Tempuruk's reply to Jonny360's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2014

Hi, I am sorry to read your comments. I would ask that you contact our customer service again to clarify the issues you are having. I have passed all your comments on to them.

“TORTURE TEMPUR MATTRESS”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by helenpletsias (1 review written)

We bought a Tempur Royale 25 mattress 8 months ago for appr $4000 and we regretted ever since. Within a few days I started having severe hip, leg, knee, ankle, wrist & finger pain. My partner had severe lower back pain. We haven't had a descent night sleep in the 8 months we slept on that torture mattress. We got up every morning feeling drained and exhausted. Life was over as we knew it before the Royale mattress. I have been to a naturopath and had spine injections, seen a chiropractor and… Read Full Review

“Fab! ”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by Julymermaid (1 review written)

I've been using tempur mattresses for four years now ... It has served me well through a pregnancy in which I was bed ridden and four stomach surgeries ... So much so that now whenever we travel, our joints and back ache due to The lack of proper support in hotel bedding I'm surprised at the negative reviews here ... I'm going to quote what the sakes assistant at furniture village told us when we were shopping for mattresses ' Tempur is like marmite - you either love it or hate it'. Well we… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to Julymermaid's Review

Written on: 05/09/2014

Thank you for your lovely comments. Have a great day. (We do travel sets too!)

“So disappointed ”

Written on: 12/08/2014 by Jssmbentley (1 review written)

After a car accident I purchased a new mattress, unfortunately it did not help my back injury so we went back me to the store. We explained the reason for a new mattress so quickly and the need for support,comfort and a good nights sleep. We tried a tested,as you do, and was given guidance and advice. We bought a Tempur cloud, and for six months it did exactly as promised, we encouraged friends to buy also. However, in the seventh month, I couldn't walk, my joints ached, my back pain was… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to Jssmbentley's Review

Written on: 14/08/2014

Hi, We are really sorry to ready your comments. Please call our customer services so we can discuss trying to resolve this for you. They have a copy of your review and will be expecting your call. Please let them know you are calling in connection with The Review Centre and give them the user name you use on here.

“Mouldy Mattress”

Written on: 02/08/2014 by deedee5743 (1 review written)

We bought our mattress 9 years ago feeling safe in the knowledge that it was guaranteed for 15 years. We have not had much cause to look underneath it but when we recently moved it to decorate we noticed that it had gone mouldy underneath. I have Googled this and found it to be a common problem. I have contacted Tempur and sent them the photos they requested. They have refused to cover it under the guarantee because they say the slats on our bed are not far enough apart, apparently there… Read Full Review

“Very poor quality but worse customer service”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by Ads2014 (1 review written)

I bought a tempur mattress, foxton bed frame and tempur pillows. After along 9 week wait for the bed to be delivered my new £3k bed arrived. I put the bed together and to be fair was very pleased, comfortable and looked good. After lying on the bed for a few minutes the slats fell out of the frame. I popped them back in but they looked like they had been cut too short as the just reached the other side. I contacted furniture village who were helpful but said they need to speak to tempur. A… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to Ads2014's Review

Written on: 10/08/2014

Sorry for the delay in my response to this. I am hoping your issue has now been resolved. However if you are still awaiting a resolution please contact our customer services department. I have forwarded your comments them and if you could mention that your call is in connection with your comments on the Review Centre, giving your user name, they will be able to help you further.

“Sensation needed a mattress topper”

Written on: 30/07/2014 by Lyric461 (1 review written)

We bought a Tempur sensation mattress recently, complete with new bedstead (non-slatted). My husband who is much taller and heavier (13st) than me, finds it fine though wouldn't rave about it. I found it too hard (perhaps because I am lighter - 9st). I have since bought a Duvalay memory foam topper for my side of the bed and found it to have made all the difference. With the topper, when you first lie down it still feels a bit hard, but then after a while you realise that it is slowly… Read Full Review

“Not impressed”

Written on: 23/07/2014

I bought the mattress primarily for my husband, he works in heavy industry and has been suffering for a few years with back ache, he works very long hours and was finding it difficult to get quality sleep on our old mattress. For a while now these problems have seen me sleep in a seperate room and bed from hubby. We were very excited about the product and were hopefull that his sleep would be greatly improved and eventually, perhaps we could share a bed once more. On the first night my husband… Read Full Review

Written on: 30/07/2014

Sorry to read your comments. It can take some time for your body to adjust to sleeping on a Tempur Mattress. We say to allow up to about 60 nights. If you would like to call our customer services - they will be happy to discuss any concerns you have and see if they can offer you any further advice.

“love my mattress”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by Helenat57 (1 review written)

I love my mattress, it took me a while to get used to it which was weird as i do not have any medical problems etc. We got the mattress as my husband has crushed disks in his spine and he loved it the first night he slept on it. I did find i felt a bit warmer but reduced the tog of my duvet and keep the small window open in the warm and we are fine. i honestly cannot imagine ever going back to a sprung mattress… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/07/2014

Hi, Thank you for your lovely review. It's great to hear how much you are loving your mattress. Sleep well and have a great weekend.

“Tempur Mattress. NASA? Wouldn't want to be an astronaut.”

Written on: 07/07/2014 by Lyricl87 (1 review written)

I am not one to usually post on a forum such as this but having stumbled accross this review site, thought I'd air my views. We decided to buy a new mattress just over a year ago, since our original one was getting a bit 'long in the tooth', still comfortable but a few years old. We visited numerous bed shops, trying different beds and eventually ended up in a shop near our home town in Western Australia. We were led to the Tempur section and the assistant explained just how good they were… Read Full Review

“Bad for your health and wellbeing”

Written on: 05/07/2014 by bobbycp (1 review written)

Bought our second Tempur Mattress about 30 months ago from Furniture Village. The first one was bought there as well. We had that and it was good for about 10 years then it started to deteriorate. So being pleased with the earlier one we went back to Furniture Village to buy another. We bought another one and it took us a long time getting used to it. Strange considering we had used one for ten years. We never got used to it we started getting serious aches and pains, in our lower backs, hips… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to bobbycp's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. It's very difficult to discuss individual cases here on The Review Centre. I can assure you Tempur do care about their customers. I have forwarded your notes here on to our customer service team and if you would like to give them a call they will be happy to talk through any issues you have with your mattress. Please let them know it's connection with this review and mention your user name.

Bobbycp's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2014

Sorry to say I've been down that road previously and now you ask me to take another ride. Well what's the point you will fob me off again and send out the man with a wooden batten,spirit level and camera again.

You as a company clearly prefer his skills and technical know how / advice as opposed to the tried and tested lab tests carried out by the renowned WHICH MAGAZINE investigators and researchers.

TEMPUR UK talk nonsense and treat customer complaints with contempt. The product you sold me is a waste of money £2000 to be precise and you refuse to do anything about it. You had a chance earlier and fooled me. DO NOT BUY ANY OF THESE PRODUCTS BE WARNED I MAKE SURE EVERYONE I SPEAK WITH KNOWS ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE.

Bbob53's Response to bobbycp's Review

Written on: 26/07/2014

Hi
I have just gone through exactly the same very poor service response from Furniture Village. Initially the mattress was really good and comfortable. But now Part of my King size Tempur mattress has developed a soft area that has resulted in my developing serious lower back issues. Furniture village sent out a man with a spirit level who reported that here was no issue. How a spirit level measures the ability of memory foam to support someone is a misery to me.
Furniture village have said that if I want to pursue this further then I have to have a recognised qualified person examine the mattress, at my expense They could not tell me what this qualification was. Tempur have said via Furniture Village that there is nothing to be done. They don't even want to get involved with a customer complaint.
I am loathed to let this slide as I know that the structure if the mattress has changed in an area. Still within the warranty period.
Does anyone know of a definitive test for this type of problem.

“Waste of money & a health issue”

Written on: 24/06/2014 by Koenq1950 (1 review written)

We spent £3000 on a tempur mattress (not the basic mattress and no in-built topper) and base 18 months ago and have wasted our money The only positive is that we don't disturb each other when turning in bed. However, both of us wake up with aches and pains and getting out of bed makes us feels as if we are a hundred years old. This does not happen when we sleep in other beds. Neither of us feel rested in the morning and find that we wake frequently at night. Again, this does not happen… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/06/2014

We are sorry to read your comments. It is very difficult to properly discuss any issues you have here, within the constraints of the comments area on The Review Centre. Please do contact our customer services - where they can go through things with you properly and offer advice and help based on your individual circumstances.

Bobbycp's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2014

I have heard this all before, I was warned the Tempur UK reps claim to be concerned and offer to help only to try an pacify you whilst at the same removing you from giving bad feedback on their products and after sales service.

Don't be fooled this company are just fobbing you off and you will get nowhere as they won't admit there is a problem with their products. Maybe in the future they will be exposed who knows?

Written on: 07/07/2014

We are sorry you feel this way. We do genuinely care for our customers and strive to help them where there is a fault or problem with any products. It is very hard to discuss individual cases with in the space of The Review Centre, which is why we ask customers to call our Customer Service Team. The team will always have a copy of the comments left on here and will be able to discuss each case in more detail over the phone. We are genuinely trying to offer help and solutions.

Bobbycp's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2014

Well said, I agree totally. Which Magazine did a report on Tempur Mattress and it came last in a proper scientific test. When I complained they sent a man with a stick and a spirit level!!! Incidentally the Tempur was by a long way the most expensive. Just boycott eh company and the retailer who sold it to you is my best advice.

Bob

“Do not buy a Tempur Bed. The increasing bad reviews...”

Written on: 17/06/2014 by JonDay (1 review written)

We purchased our Tempur Bed (22cm Ottoman bed) from Selfridges for £3,340 in July 2011 on the basis of positive feedback, the ‘Tempur 15 Year Guarantee’ and trying the bed in store with a very knowledgeable member of sales. For the first 2 years, the bed was superb, as comfortable as claimed, then, late 2013 (and almost overnight), all support went from the mattress and we are left with a bed that cannot be slept in and what we have been told is a worthless guarantee. The Problem The… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to JonDay's Review

Written on: 17/06/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. As per your tweet, please do contact our customer service team. I have forwarded both copies of this and your comments on Twitter to them. If you quote your user name and that your are calling in connection with The Review Centre and Twitter they will have all this information at hand. Unfortunately it is hard to discuss this with you in more detail on here and by calling customer service, we can go through your issues.

Catmocca's Response to JonDay's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Exactly the issue I had, I discovered that its a summer thing, in winter it firms up, in summer as the temperature rises it gets softer.
Tempur add their simpering reply to reviews here, but they go no further than that, they act like they care, when in fact they do not, they have your money and you can go swing.
I have now out a board under the mattress, which at least means its not lumpy i.e. you can feel the slats through the mattress, and firms it up slightly.
This company is the biggest ripoff merchants in bed land, premium my arse.

Tempuruk's reply to Catmocca's Comment

Written on: 26/06/2014

It is very hard to comment and offer advice within the constraints of The Review Centre. Therefore we always suggest calling our customer services in order that we can discuss issues in more details.

Jonny360's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 31/08/2014

What's the point though as you will not honour the guarantee? I have exactly the same issue and can't afford to replace the mattress. My back is worsening daily because the mattress had gone so soft. Totally unacceptable and criminal that this is allowed. These mattresses are so expensive but totally inadequate.

“Don't buy a Tempur from Bensons!”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by longduo545 (1 review written)

I bought a very expensive Tempur Sensation Sublime 25 mattress from Bensons for Beds, believed it will provide comfort to me because I am 24 weeks pregnant and do need a good mattress to sleep on. Unfortunately we cannot sleep on it, my husband had terrible back pain and I had stiff neck, on both nights I was even snoring (I never snored in my whole life)! We moved to the spare room in the middle of the night and have been sleeping OK since then (fair to say, the mattress in the spare room was… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to longduo545's Review

Written on: 13/06/2014

We are really sorry to read your comments. Everyones idea of comfort is different and for that reason we do 3 different ranges of mattresses. It may be one of these is more suited to you. We do usually say to contact your retailer in the first instance, which you obviously have. You can call our customer service team. They have a copy of the comments you have left here so they will know your situation. If you could give you could say it's in connection with The Review Centre and quote your user name they will be able to match you to these details.

“Waste of money”

Written on: 03/06/2014 by AnneBradley (1 review written)

Mattress purchased 3 years ago for £1000 but has gone so soft it's like we are lying on the bed base with no mattress. So called guarantee is a waste of paper as inspector says that as it reverts back to original shape it's fine. Lots of reviews online about these mattresses going soft. Do not buy a tempur mattress… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/06/2014

We are really sorry to read your review. It is very difficult to discuss your case here on The Review Centre, but if you would like to call our customer service team, I have forwarded all the details you have given here. Just tell them you are ringing in connection with The Review Centre and quote your user name. They will be able to go through everything with you further.

“Tempur Original Pillow”

Written on: 20/05/2014 by Eva1964 (1 review written)

Tempur original pillow is really a v good investment, i have been sleeping on one since a few yrs back and i never have stiff neck problem ever, my sleeping posture is better i feel, definitely worth the money… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/05/2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Sleep well. :)