Tempur Mattress Reviews

Tempur Mattress - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Tempur Mattress

Tempur Mattress
Tempur Mattress

“The only review you need to read”

Written on: 09/07/2016 by Jackalac (1 review written)

Why does this mattress have so many bad reviews? Its simple really.The tempur mattress will attempt to straighten or aline your back. This is great if your a healthy person. Ie. No back problems and not over weight If you have back issues or are obese and by that i mean over a size 12. This is not the mattress for you. The reason so many people gave a bad review is simply they are over weight. They may disagree but unfortunately people can't see the truth. Its great mattress for the right… Read Full Review

“Appalling mattress appalling service”

Written on: 05/07/2016 by tfMacPherson305 (1 review written)

Bought a tempur mattress 1 year ago, after just 6 months it began to sag and dip and not recover, reported the issue to tempur. They never returned phone calls or anything. Finally 6 months after first reporting the issue I received a visit from a delivery driver who asked me for a broomstick. He laid the broom across the mattress and confirmed the mattress had dipped. Tempur then refused to honour their guarantee as the mattress was not suitable for our bedbase. When we went into the… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2016

We are sorry to read your comments. Please do contact our customer service to discuss this further. I have sent them a copy of this review so if you mention The Review Centre when you call they will have all the details.

“Best Mattress Ever”

Written on: 25/06/2016 by ElianaCross1957 (1 review written)

We purchased a Tempur mattress one month ago. This is the best purchase we have ever made. My husband and are sleeping better than we have in years. No flipping and flopping to find a comfortable sleep position. No more waking up during the night because of aches and pains. If one of us happens to go to bed later than the other, we don't have to worry about waking up each other. This mattress is a must have for a great night's sleep. We discussed buying this mattress for two years. What a… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/07/2016

Thank you for your lovely comments. It's really good to hear. Sleep well.

“aches and pains in places never had them before”

Written on: 23/06/2016 by Salazarnn188 (1 review written)

luckily im covered by 60 night return policy bought from Dreams and had it a month its being swapped next week no quibble going for normal mattress tempur didnt agree with me started to get so many pains but if I slept in spare room I didnt suffer its expensive mattress if it doesnt help wish id never bought it but at least I can swap… Read Full Review

“Chronic back pain with Tempur mattress”

Written on: 23/05/2016 by Duckling200 (0 reviews written)

Having purchased a Tempur original memory foam super kingsize mattress from John Lewis in Nov 2015, my partner and I both suffer from chronic back pain. Neither retailer nor manufacturer are willing to replace the product as the 90-day trial period expired. Very surprised to have been so tricked by the misrepresented blurb from Tempur. Despite having tried out in store, the mattress fails to meet expectations and is causing long term health problems. An expensive and thoroughly regrettable… Read Full Review

Xena33's Response to Duckling200's Review

Written on: 29/05/2016

I have the Tempur Sensation Deluxe 27, I've had it for just over a year now and have the worst back pain imaginable. I already had a back issue but now it is so bad I am constantly in pain in the mornings when I wake up and my partner who didn't have a back issue now does after sleeping on this mattress. I highly recommend that people think seriously before buying one of these.

Tempuruk's Response to Duckling200's Review

Written on: 17/06/2016

We are sorry to read your comments and that you are not happy with your mattress. We believe that Tempur products provide the best nights sleep and we would ask that you contact our customer services again by email or call us so that we can offer assistance. Please state that you are contacting with regard to “The Review Centre” and provide your user name that you use on The Review Centre so we can match you to the comments you made here.

We hope we can help you solve your issues and check that you have the right set up on your bed to ensure you get the best out of your Tempur mattress.

“During the ten years of continual use, we have found...”

Written on: 06/03/2016

During the ten years of continual use, we have found the mattress to be firm and comfortable, with no obvious signs of that comfort deteriorating. However, changing a fitted sheet or removing the covering is hard work and the absence of grab handles make moving the heavy mattress a two person job. Beware, if you need to move the mattress it is prone to split if rolled or folded and you will have no redress from Tempur if this happens… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/03/2016

I will pass your comments back to our head office for future reference.

“The Mattress have given me extreme pain”

Written on: 19/01/2016

I bought the Tempur Cloud after being recommended and advised by the store who sold me the mattress. After just a month the support seems to have diminished and i now feel I'm sleeping on a board where my hips are yet my feel are in the air and totally unsupported. I have now had the mattress for 4 months and the store has arranged for an assessment to be made to see if the mattress is in fact faulty but judging on what i have read here Tempur offers no support.... in more ways than one! I… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2016

We are really sorry to hear you have not been happy with your mattress. Because everyones idea of comfort, or what their body would find comfortable, is different we offer three feels of mattress. The Cloud is the softest in our range. It is good to get the mattress checked, but I would like to assure you that our customer service team do care. In the first instance you will need to wait for your visit to see how the mattress is assessed. But if you would like to chat through your concerns or you need further information, please do give us a call. I will pass your details on to them, so if you state you have made a comment on The Review Centre, together with your user name, they will have all your details.

Britamnish's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2016

Thay never sort the problam out so do not trust this bloody tempur thay are bad so beawer of this compney

“Worst purchase in my life”

Written on: 30/12/2015 by SaigeMaurer381 (1 review written)

I bought tampur mattress from benson for bed an year ago. It's a worst purchase in my life. When I bought this mattress it's was good for 60 days trail. After few month I started lower back problam n getting worst n worst now and my wife have same problam too I done inspection onces n guyz said u need to change the base n I changed my bed. But still same problam. I spent almost £2000 on this worthless mattress. So be careful to by tampur mattress … Read Full Review

Written on: 21/01/2016

We are really sorry to read your comments. Everyone finds different things comfortable and because of that we offer different feels of mattress. If you would like to chat through your issues further please do call our customer services and they will be happy to offer all the advice they can.

Britamnish's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2016

I did call your customer care thay don't bother to help us. Bad product and bed service totally waste of time and money.

“Not worth your money”

Written on: 17/12/2015 by iyWilliams52 (1 review written)

I completely agree with most reviews of this product. Since buying this piece of ####. Tempur mattress Cloud ....My husband & I couldn't sleep well anymore. The mattress is like hell to both of us, so soo hot that i would shower twice in a night thinking it could just be me, but even my husband who by the way never ever complains when if comes to sleeping time, now complains about being so hot after lying down in it for just one minute. It seems there is breathing or ventilation capacity… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/12/2015

We are really sorry to read your comments. Our mattresses are designed to respond to your body temperature, which activates their ability to conform to your body, offering support and reducing pressure points. It is worth noting that with the improved support and reduced pressure points on your body, sleeping on our mattresses can help increase circulation, so you may find you need lighter bedding. If you feel warmer, try using a lower tog duvet, breathable bedding and keep your room well ventilated. For more advice please do call our customer services. They have a copy of your comments on here so if you give your user name and say it's connection with The Review Centre they will have all your information.

Racingcuprar's Comment

Written on: 20/12/2015

If you like the feel of a foam mattress rather than a good old traditional sprung mattress then I would suggest taking a look at iGel mattresses. The same feel as a Tempur product but without that god awful heat that totally afflicts the product.

“Worst ever mattress ”

Written on: 24/10/2015 by LeanneL (1 review written)

I slept on Tempur original for 8 years and it was really comfortable. Normal wear and tear sets in, so naturally I just stick to Tempur. What a major mistake. For past 6 months, the new mattress had been giving me back ache every morning. Strangely decided to sleep right smack in the center of my king size mattress 2 weeks ago and no more back ache from it. While that kind of solve the backache problem, a king size bed is for 2 person and not for 1 to sleep in the center. Called Tempur, am… Read Full Review

Harlowcarole's Response to LeanneL's Review

Written on: 27/10/2015

I have had a tempur cloud mattress for 4 years it has never be comfortable . it is hard to get use to how hot it makes you feel

Maxxemo's reply to Harlowcarole's Comment

Written on: 06/01/2016

But they told me that heat isn't something our customers complain about. A blatant lie.
And people need to know that if you but through a Tempur Outlet Store there is a real chance that they will be selling you a mattress that has been slept on and is a return. They probably won't tell you that when you buy it so ask them where it has come from before handing any money over.

“DONT BUY”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by Janeycam69 (1 review written)

we bought one for our new house after a couple of weeks i noticed my legs and arm going to sleep in the middle of night and waking me up then my back started hurting and in the end i was in so much pain ,my hubby was the same but with his shoulder,we thought about it and started sleep in spare bedroom with normal mattress and my arms and legs did not go to sleep and my back was not as bad,we have now got a new mattress and firm one with mattress topper and are back to a normal sleep and my back… Read Full Review

Leannel's Response to Janeycam69's Review

Written on: 24/10/2015

I fully agree. Don't buy!! It is still giving me back ache after few months. Strangely, I won't get back ache if I sleep right smack in the centre of the king size mattress. Called Tempur, am.told to try for couple more months. Am told warranty valid only for permanent depression in mattress anyway. Better off on regular cheap mattress at a tiny fraction of the price. Feel.really.cheated

Tempuruk's Response to Janeycam69's Review

Written on: 29/10/2015

Hi, We are really sorry to read your comments. Thousands of people around the world sleep on Tempur mattresses and pillows and Tempur consistently scores highly in customer satisfaction and sleep surveys.  Extensive clinical trials have also demonstrated its benefits. Mattresses purchased through Tempur's UK website come with a free 60 night trial so that you can experience the benefits of Tempur before committing to a purchase. Please do call our customer service and they will be able to offer you further advice.

Maxxemo's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2016

It doesn't score highly on here so why would we believe you? After all, you work for the business.

Maxxemo's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 01/01/2016

“Best investment ever”

Written on: 17/10/2015 by JazlynnBradford (1 review written)

Hubby and I were shopping around for mattresses and came across the Tempur store at Nassim Road, which was very refreshing and has a warm and cosy Scandinavian feel, we stayed for quite a while in the store. We were quite skeptical initially as we've read some negative reviews about memory foam mattress, but after trying on it we were pretty sold. The feeling is very different from our spring mattress, we kinda "sink" into it and felt really nice. The salesperson explained patiently and… Read Full Review

“Fall in love , superior comfort”

Written on: 06/10/2015 by zzRobles365 (1 review written)

Have a Tempur experience at Tempur Sanctuary @ 1 Nassim Road. Heard many bad reviews online. Buying a mattress is a tricky experience, especially Tempur mattress. The feel of the sensation breeze is simply amazing. A combination of springy feel with Tempur comfort. Will not recommend Tempur Original to those who are sensitive to heat, especially if you dun on the AC. Thanks to the honest explanation from the staffs. Me n my partner really enjoy every moment on our Tempur mattress… Read Full Review

“Why didn't I listen!”

Written on: 08/08/2015 by Zaniyah64 (1 review written)

People told me Tempur mattresses are hot but I didn't think it would be half as bad as it is. The sales woman in the Tempur store absolutely assured me that the temperature thing was a myth! Is it hell. I'm so angry and now they don't give a monkeys. I have complained to their customer services and all they say is use cotton sheets and a low count duvet! Helpful. So while my harris is burning my front will be freezing? Jokers. I would recommend anybody thinking of buying this overpriced… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/08/2015

We are sorry to read your comments. Sleeping warm on a TEMPUR mattress is not an issue that our owners raise frequently. Our mattresses are designed to respond to your body temperature, which activates their ability to conform to your body, offering support and reducing pressure points. It is worth noting that with the improved support and reduced pressure points on your body, sleeping on our mattresses can help increase circulation, so you may find you need lighter bedding. If you feel warmer, try using a lower tog duvet, breathable bedding and keep your room well ventilated. I understand you have already been in touch with our customer services. If you would like to discuss this further with them please do call them. I have sent them a copy of your comments.

Susanasei's Comment

Written on: 09/09/2015

I saw and was very tempted to buy this today.

It appeared the best mattress in the shop.

Im horrified at reading these reviews.

Whats the alternative?

Tempur- is your guarantee useless? Please explain why some of these cases have been dealt with in such a way?

Written on: 11/09/2015

Please call our customer services and explain your concerns. They will be happy to go through how our guarantee works. We also do a 60 Night Trial for online purchases, so you can try the mattress in your own home. This is currently available from selected retailers as well for a limited time only. Our customer service team will be able to give you all the information.

Racingcuprar's Comment

Written on: 20/12/2015

iGel is a far better product. It offers a similar feel- if that's your thing- to Tempur but they have found a way of getting over the temperature issue that so many complain about, and rightly so, that you get with a Tempur.

Susanasei's Comment

Written on: 16/01/2016

Hi all,

After a lot of hesitating, I bought the tempur original 27 in Super king.

We have had it for a week.

I absolutely love it!

The best weeks sleep ever. I wear a Fitbit and can see that I have slept better and through the night.

I have got cotton bedding with a low tog quilt.

Love it love it love it!

Maxxemo's Comment

Written on: 18/01/2016

A week isn't long enough. Come back in 6 months and tell us about how it has settled in the middle and Tempur now don't want to know.

“crippled ever morning”

Written on: 19/07/2015 by steve1462 (1 review written)

My wife suffered with a bad back, so we went to dreams and ask for the best bed for back ach sufferer's. after laying on lots and the recommdation of the salesman we chose the tempur. At just under £3000 for a bed and mattress we thought it must be one of the best. How wrong were we! My wife's back is worse and mine!!!, I've never suffered before but my god, every morning I'm crippled I have to roll off it very carefully then do loads of stretching exercises before I can stand up. Give these… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to steve1462's Review

Written on: 22/07/2015

I am really sorry to read your comments. I have sent a copy to our customer service team. If you would like to give them a call they will be happy to discuss your issues further and see if they can offer any more advice.

Steve1462's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 24/07/2015

We have spent hours on the phone, to dreams, tempura, and a engineer. The problem with the mattress is the foam under layer, it's made up of a series of holes , half of which have collapsed . Giving no support. The mattress is just one year old, and we've been told this is normal We are currently speaking to trading standards the mattress is not fit for purpose

Tempuruk's reply to Steve1462's Comment

Written on: 28/07/2015

I can only ask that you refer back to customer services. I have sent them a copy of all your comments. Please mention The Review Centre when you phone and give them your user name.

Steve1462's reply to Tempuruk's Comment

Written on: 14/08/2015

We have received a email today stating that tempura will not be replacing our mattress because the collapsing of the under foam is normal ! So my advice to anyone thinking of purchasing one, is DON'T! !!. Unless you are prepared to spend over £2000 every year to get another one . Tempura say it's normal to collapse all the foam under the memory foam has collapsed over 30mm in places it's so painful to sleep on . We literally can't stand in the morning until we've done loss of stretching exercises . Walk away don't buy one. We have a 10 year guarantee but it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Leannel's reply to Steve1462's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2015

I am really concern after reading this. My mattress is just 6 months old and giving me same.problem. Bought it in Singapore, so spent S$5000 on it. I had tempur original for 8 years, love it, so decided to stick to it after the old mattress become too soft. What a mistake. I seriously don't understand how can a high value mattress change quality within a year and consumer being told that it is normal, so no compensation. it's essentially not giving us what we paid for. Zero brand value too

Steve1462's reply to Leannel's Comment

Written on: 24/10/2015

Sorry to hear your having the same problems, we will certainly never use tempura or dreams ever again. We threw ours up the council tip some weeks ago gone back to a ferm sprung mattress. Funny how are backs are fine now with no pain what so ever. Dreams and tempura have very poor customer service, just blame each other. A expensive mistake. All my family and friends will never use either again one of our family members who has the same issue is going to post it all over social media good luck!

Racingcuprar's reply to Leannel's Comment

Written on: 24/12/2015

Don't confuse high value with over-priced.
Tempur is just a slab of foam when all is said and done.
There are plenty of cheaper foam mattresses out there that will do the same job as Tempur but without the cost.

Marion-Clive's Response to steve1462's Review

Written on: 16/04/2016

Oh how we wished we'd read reviews before purchasing what we thought was going to be the most appropriate bed for us! My husband and I both have more excruciating pain than ever before - slept on it for 24 days now...never had such back pain/leg pain and owns and needles in shoulder, arm and lower leg. AVOID TEMPUR FOAM MATTRESSES AT ALL COSTS ....this bed has to go!!

“Worst mattress ever. Super Uncomfortable and un...”

Written on: 16/07/2015 by Lillie1988 (1 review written)

Categorically the worst mattress I've ever slept on. Aches where I've never had aches before, hot,fall off the edge. Worse of all, their 60 day trial is only if you purchase from the official Tempur website. We didn't given the website prices are well above shops… Read Full Review

Steve1462's Comment

Written on: 19/07/2015

I agree! Worst mattress ever!, every morning I can hardly get up, the pain is unbelievable we got the mattress because my wife had a bad back, the salesman recommend the tempur mattress now hers is worse and mine! I can hardly walk every morning I had never suffered from a bad back before!! Take this as a warning!!!!! Don't buy one, dont listen to their rubish

“Ripoff!”

Written on: 18/06/2015 by Pritchardsd141 (1 review written)

I'd like to share our experience with the mattress brand Tempur. The weeks before my mother in law passed away, she had trouble sleeping as her back hurt terribly. To ease her discomfort, my husband ordered a Tempur bed for her on Saturday, 30th May. His credit card was charged on Monday 1st June. On Tuesday 2nd June, my mother in law stopped breathing whilst taking an afternoon nap. She passed away the next day. On that very Tuesday, my husband called Tempur to inform them and to initiate a… Read Full Review

Fionn21's Comment

Written on: 12/10/2015

I have had a Tempur mattress for the last 7 years and I love my mattress. I dragged it all the way to Australia where I now live. I am just about to upgrade my bed from a queen size to a king size as the king is the bigger of the beds in Oz and was just about to go out and spend $7000 on the new mattress. After reading your review, I have to say that I will be looking into changing to another mattress altogether and will not be buying a Tempur.
I am very sorry for your loss.

“Hot as hell! ”

Written on: 15/06/2015 by Simmonswo318 (1 review written)

What a massive mistake we made buying this Cloud Tempur mattress. It is so hot it is awful. The salesperson assured us that temperature would not be an issue but it really is. Its not a 'cozy' kind of warmth either. Its hot, sticky and sweaty. We will be changing it for a pocket sprung at the earliest opportunity. If a sales person ever tells you that its a myth that you get hot on them tell him he/she is lying! If you don't like getting over-hot at night then avoid a Tempur mattress… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/06/2015

We are really sorry to read your comments. Our mattresses are designed to respond to your body temperature, which activates their ability to conform to your body, offering support and reducing pressure points. It is worth noting that with the improved support and reduced pressure points on your body, sleeping on our mattresses can help increase circulation, so you may find you need lighter bedding. If you feel warmer, try using a lower tog duvet, breathable bedding and keep your room well ventilated. For more advice and information please do contact your retailer or call our customer services.

“Not fit for Purpose”

Written on: 22/05/2015 by Shimmaj (1 review written)

Bought a Cloud 21 believing the advertised promise of the best nights sleep. As a retired nurse with back, knee and shoulder pain, I was happy to pay the exorbitant price. In the 6 week 'settling-in period'inwhere I endured sleep deprivation a terrorist would be proud of, my pressure points felt like they where placed on wet cement and taking all my weight, rather than distributing your weight over the whole mattress. This was not the same mattress I tried in the Snooze shop. The mattress stunk… Read Full Review

Tempuruk's Response to Shimmaj's Review

Written on: 22/05/2015

We are really sorry to ready your comments. Tempur do a range of feels of mattresses as we know everyone's idea of comfort is different. It may be a different feel would be more suited to you. I think the best thing to do would be for you to call our customer services. They will be able to advise you on all the options that are open to you depending on where and when you purchased your mattress. I will forward a copy of your comments on here so they have it to hand. Please let them know you are calling in response to comments left on The Review Centre and quote your user name.

“tempur mattress”

Written on: 03/05/2015 by DayanaCox186 (1 review written)

could not agree more with "Diaz342". do not get one unless you want to risk backache ! we are fit, in our mid 40s, but every morning is uncomfortable . they seem great after first few months, then you suddenly realise there is a regular, uncomfortable backache every morning which wears off after moving around for 15 mins or SO. we have never had that before and has only been there since getting the tempur memory mattress.I recommend you avoid them and spend less money in the process. its a… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/05/2015

I am really sorry to read your comments. Please call customer services for further advice. They have a copy of this review so please do state you are calling in relation to a comment left on The Review Centre and quote your user name. I hope they are able to help you further.