Tamanna's Brasserie, Huddersfield Reviews

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Tamanna's Brasserie, Huddersfield - Ask a question now

“Great food, Great service - So why 3 stars?”

Written on: 16/10/2013

Like the title suggests, I cannot fault the evening in terms of quality of food and the attentive service. Here are the pointers in where the manager of the restaurant may wish to consider. 1 - Portion size. We ordered starters and mains, enough for 3 we thought. He then recommended we try this, and that and also have some poppadoms to begin with. - Well, you couldn't get all of the food on the table. When the main course came along, no one had any room to eat. 2 - Wine - Nice bottle of… Read Full Review

“I visited this restaurant upon good reviews about a...”

Written on: 22/11/2009

I visited this restaurant upon good reviews about a year ago.
The first time I visited it I found the staff to very friendly and attentive something that I have found lacking in many restaurants. They remember your name and this gives it the personal touch. The food was also quite nice, but I have to say not excellent.
Since then I often opt for take-away however, recently, the food has really gone down hill.

The dahl is far too buttery and was actually inedible. The bread as part of a… Read Full Review

“Me and my partner booked Tamanna's Brasserie for...”

Written on: 15/02/2009 by ali 123 (1 review written)

Me and my partner booked Tamanna's Brasserie for valentines night the week before, this was our first visit, we got there and was told it was a set meal for valentines and it would be £25 each which we was a little disappointed as we would of liked to of chose our own, but decided to stay and have the set menu. We were seated and were given the menu, it was salmon samosa on a small side plate with a bit of mixed salad and a like filled nan soft bread filled with a stewed lamb in gravy, to… Read Full Review

“I would defy anyone to find a better Indian restaurant...”

Written on: 23/03/2007 by welshboy01 (1 review written)

I would defy anyone to find a better Indian restaurant in the Huddersfield area. There are much heralded super size places down the road in Leeds and Bradford, but to me Tamanna's Brasserie is more intimate, has better service and critically better food… Read Full Review

“The newly refurbished dining room at Tamanna's...”

Written on: 20/07/2006 by Pavlo (9 reviews written)

The newly refurbished dining room at Tamanna's Brasserie seems to attract you the minute you walk through the door. I can remember the first time I arrived. The initial 'at your service' and smile from the well dressed waiters and owner immediately comforts you. A napkin is placed on your lap and the drinks are waiting for you. The evening has begun!!

With dimmed lighting and mood music with Asian rhythms, sit back and relax in the leather chairs. Before the refurbishment, the service and… Read Full Review