Available Car UK, East Midlands Reviews

• Customer service

Available Car UK, East Midlands - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Available Car UK, East Midlands

Available Car UK, East Midlands

“Not our first and not our last”

Written on: 22/10/2016

There's plenty of hate from people whose cars had had faults but be realistic were buying used cars the difference being is that when things do go wrong this company do all they can to put it right. We have had 4 cars as a family with our latest being from the Leeds one which is by far the best almost round experience we've had, no hassle, the price is fixed which means no surprises, the part x price we had was fair (checked with autotrader) we always buy knowing we are buying a used car which… Read Full Review

“Couldn't fix the car after 3 weeks”

Written on: 19/10/2016 by Fatsue87 (1 review written)

We purchased a ford Mondeo (na09azp) after 3. Hours of started to miss fire so rang up and told them they said bring it in for a look my wife took it and they went to scan it but never scanned it they left her with 2 kids for over a hour before she left we then came back later after work they told me it was a dpf regeneration. Took the car back and it was no different so I went to a 3rd party to see what they say and the car was not fitted with a dpf . I took it back do r a refund and they… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Fatsue87's Review

Written on: 27/10/2016

Dear Fatsue87 – We are sorry to read that you are unhappy with your recent “purchases” from Available Car Castle Donington.

The Ford Mondeo 2009/09 registration that you purchased from us was returned under guarantee, however your claim that we “couldn’t fix the car” is not accurate.

The Mondeo was returned to us on more than one occasion for a “judder”. The “judder” was intermittent, therefore it did take some investigation, time and testing. We apologise for the time it took to resolve.

When the car had been repaired (under guarantee) you decided that you did not want that car anymore. It was Mr Marlow’s choice to part exchange the Mondeo for a Passat and the Mondeo was left with us, rather than taking it home with you between ordering and collecting the Passat. The Mondeo was ultimately “part exchanged” with us because you no longer wanting to own it.

We sell used cars, every car is checked, prepared, sold and guaranteed by us. Should any issue arise with a car supplied by us, we will try our best to resolve the issue as quickly and efficiently as possible. We apologise that you are unhappy with the way we dealt with the situation, but we did try our best to help and we do care.

Until now, we did think our assistance had been appreciated. Having read your “review”, despite our best efforts, we were never going to please. Regards the AvailableCar team.

“broken car”

Written on: 15/09/2016

after having my car for only 2 months the driveshaft broke. available car asked me to ring dealer and to try and get a second recovery to which i got now joy. available picked the car up 3 days later and told me there wasnt any courtesy car available until 21 september and my car would have already been fixed by this point. the car then goes to citreon to be fixed under warrenty. leaving me without a car for work so i had to borrow peoples cars 8 days later i get a call to say that my car is… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/09/2016

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent experience whilst shopping with Available Car Ltd. The review relates to a 2013/63 registration, Citroen C4 Picasso, which was collected from our Castle Donington branch in June 2016.

We were contacted in September 2016, after your car had been recovered by the RAC, with a reported “snapped drive shaft”. We arranged to recover the car to the Citroen dealer and have the part replaced by the Citroen warranty. We made these arrangements as quickly as possible and once the work was completed by Citroen, returned the car to Castle Donington, for you to collect.

Available Car courtesy cars are popular and free of charge for Available Car customers. We do not charge for the use of our courtesy cars nor do we charge for insurance or ask for an administration contribution when we lend the cars out. The only “cost” is the fuel the customer will use whilst borrowing our courtesy car. On this occasion and due to the sudden failure of the drive shaft, we did not have a car to lend to you at that time.

Unfortunately it would not be possible for us to offer a collection and delivery service for each and every Available Car customer, nor can we offer to “fuel” customers cars. We do ask for cars to be returned to us and collected from us, should assistance under guarantee be required.

We hope that you will now be able to enjoy trouble free motoring with your C4 Picasso and we hope to welcome you back to Available Car in the future! Regards the Available Car team.

“GO ANYWHERE BUT HERE....DODGY USED CAR DEALERS WHO...”

Written on: 13/09/2016 by fastrac28 (1 review written)

We purchased a 2014 astra 1.6vvti elite estate with 19750 miles for £9850:00 on test drive all was well went very downhill after owning for only a week ....do available car care like they promise do they heck.... Avoid this place like the plague they talk down to you if you complain the aftersales is a joke we was told we would have to wait a month for a courtesy car if we want ours looking at discusting service the place needs shutting down and the staff need to learn people skills . AVOID… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to fastrac28's Review

Written on: 21/09/2016

Dear fastrac28 – We are not happy with the comments you have made, they are not accurate, nor factual. You have complained that you are unhappy with the fuel economy and that the car is slow and sluggish, however when we have offered to look at the car, under guarantee, you have refused for us to do so?

Our Showroom Manager has tried to contact you by telephone but you have not accepted or returned his calls?

Should you require assistance, we are happy to help but you will need to be reasonable and allow us to see your car. If you contact our Castle Donington branch and mention your “Review Centre” comment we will make any necessary arrangements. Regards the Available Car team.

Fastrac28's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2016

I can assure you I have answered all my calls.
The car has been to vauxhall under warranty who have confirmed the car has faults.
The car is running lean hence poor fuel consumption.
The clutch pedal box is also broken.
The car is going back into vauxhall for further work shortly.
I asked about it being looked at by yourself I was told if I wanted a courtesy car which I did I would have to wait until October the 5th.
This was over a week ago when I asked so it would have been a 4 week wait for it to be looked at not good enough.
Overall not very good service.
Since owning the car I have had a look over it when washing it and noticed the rear tyres are cracked and perished.
Again more disappointment.

“Aftercare service diabolical”

Written on: 22/07/2016

My 19 year old daughter purchased a fiat 500 from available car 6 months ago. We took out the extended warranty that was sold to us as piece of mind for the next 3 years with you being able to claim repairs up to the purchase price of the car also with the added bonus of a hire car while your car was being repaired. We said the car was to be used for work so this would mean that she wouldn't be without a car. Great we thought. Big mistake. Earlier this week the gearbox went and the car wasn't… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/07/2016

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with the gearbox on the Fiat 500 that you purchased from us in January 2016.

The issue occurred in July 2016 and we were contacted after the Warranty company had explained the claims procedure. The nature of your complaint relates to the process that is followed to diagnose a fault. It is standard practice to find out what has caused the fault, and why before any claim can be authorised, we are sorry to hear that this procedure was not convenient for you, but you must appreciate that diagnosis is required.

We sincerely apologise for not returning your call on Friday afternoon. We accept that we did not get back in contact with you before you rang us back, this is not standard practice and we should have rang you back sooner. We are sorry if you found our conversation unhelpful or patronising, we would never intentionally offend anybody. Please accept our apologises.

It is necessary to follow the claims procedure, the car has completed approximately 10,000 miles since it was collected from us and to our knowledge has been fault free until now.

Should you require any further assistance, or should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly. Regards the Available Car team.

“A waste of time.”

Written on: 14/03/2016 by paulwarden (1 review written)

I went to test drive a car today at Castle Donington, the test drive team member was excellent the test drive went well.We were then left to await the dreaded part exchange valuation which was for one of their own supplied cars 3 years before, the manager was the total opposite to him, very abrupt and gave a value and that was it, no humility at all and no room for negotiation even though I was a cash buyer. He sounded incredulous that my car had four previous owners but three of those were… Read Full Review

“Very very pleased ”

Written on: 07/03/2016 by AmirahHuffman91 (1 review written)

We've pick up our car yesterday and we are very pleased with it so far so good... from when we walked in the staff were very good and helpful the car we had had a few things wrong with it when we looked at it they put very thing right before we had it I was very happy with what they done to it I think they did more than enough. ..and that as got to be good for me to say that .. out of 10 I would give 10 if they treat all the customers the same way that they treated us they can't go wrong… Read Full Review

Written on: 01/12/2016

Dear AmirahHuffman – Thank you for your kind words, they really are appreciated. “10 out of 10” and “5 Stars”, we couldn’t ask for anymore!

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your “Available Car Shopping Experience”. May we wish you all the best with your current car and we hope to welcome you back again in the future. Regards the Available Car team.

“Poor advertising ”

Written on: 07/02/2016 by TanyaCook313 (1 review written)

It is not advertised anywhere at the Castle Donnington branch that they do not accept finance from 3rd party lenders. After spending over an hour at the branch and test driving the vehicle we were then informed that this is the case. When asking the manager why this isn't advertised his response was "we don't have to". They have just lost a sale and any future business. Salesman who went with us on the test drive was very nice shame about his obnoxious manager!… Read Full Review

Written on: 18/02/2016

Dear TanyaCook313 – Thanks for your comment regarding your recent visit to Available Car – Castle Donington.

We do not accept payment from 3rd party companies, we transact with our “Approved Banks”, or we will accept payments directly from “Our Customer”. Transactions can be completed using Bankers Draft or Building Society cheque, debit or credit cards or bank transfer. All vehicle collections are done on-site at each of our “4 Available Car branches” and we will take payment and relevant documentation from our customer when concluding the sale.

Thank you for your kind words about our Helper that conducted your test drive, we appreciate the comment. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with the way your enquiry was dealt with, we do not accept or expect any team member to be “obnoxious” when dealing with our visitors.

Should you wish to purchase a car from us and you would like to arrange your own loan, we are perfectly happy for you to do so. Our only request is that payment is made by you. If so, please contact us directly and we will secure your car of interest over the phone. Regards The Available Car Team.

“Happy...eventually!”

Written on: 05/02/2016 by gsStout250 (1 review written)

Bought the Mrs a fiat 500 for her 50th birthday from Available car sutton, Plenty of stock to browse at your leisure at the Sutton site...nice to not feel pestered by over zealous sales staff! Narrowed our choice down to 3 cars...had a coffee mulled it over..went for a test drive.. The Mrs fell in love with the 500s cheeky charm, Placed our order to collect the following Friday, Didnt part exchange our old car as we got £500 more selling private, Didnt opt for their finance either as we got it… Read Full Review

“Fantastic service and after care.”

Written on: 08/07/2015 by Terrencek72 (1 review written)

i was a little dubious about buying a car from available car, but I feel I need to post a review as the service they have provided was outstanding! We felt no pressure to buy at any point, we were encouraged to buy a car suitable for our needs rather than the more expensive version we were looking at. The sale process was smooth with no problems. It is however the after care I have been blown away with, there is a 3 month warranty on these cars, unfortunately after 4 months ours developed a… Read Full Review

“Very helpful, listened to my problems and solved them”

Written on: 06/07/2015 by uwCastro206 (1 review written)

I had trouble with this place a year or so ago (see flaking painted steering wheel etc) and with the lousy joke of a warranty (Crapfre Abraxus or whatever it was called), but I went back when looking for a car for myself as the car I bought initially worked out good in the end and they did finally fix things to my satisfaction, I went ahead and bought a Juke petrol turbo, it looked great had low mileage but had hidden problems mainly due to the last owner not looking after it, and it didnt… Read Full Review

“Faulty car”

Written on: 06/06/2015 by 34Marsh (1 review written)

Loved my new to me car 2009 Honda had the car for 7 months and it broke down, been at a garage for 2 months still trying to sort out the fault. Really unhappy and stressed about the whole situation and the cost of repair… Read Full Review

“Abraxas warranty ripoff .”

Written on: 28/04/2015 by 1811 (1 review written)

I purchased an Abraxas warranty with the car, it was described to me as being "equal to a new car warranty" with everything being covered. Less than a year and 5000 miles at a service I'm told I required a new Timing belt due to excessive noise suggesting imminent failure. Guess what this isn't covered. I still have 100,000 miles or three years before it is scheduled to be replaced as per the manufactures guidance. If it snaps they will replace it, but the engine will be smashed to bits… Read Full Review

“7 Weeks & Broken!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Written on: 20/04/2015 by ClaySnyder201 (1 review written)

I purchased a car from Available car the end of February 2015, after 7 weeks of having the Car, my engine management light came on, my start stop no longer works & I have an awful squeaking sound coming from my car when I turned the steering wheel. My car has now been at Available car for 3 weeks as they cannot get a part from any Fiat dealership (my car is a Fiat 500) so if a company so large are not able to find the part then my question is how am I supposed to find this? They have… Read Full Review

Carriep12310's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2015

Hi

Having a similar issue, have they managed to resolve yet?

We paid the balance in full and have been told they will not refund disgusting!!

Written on: 11/06/2015

We are pleased to report that this issue has since been resolved. We are extremely sorry that our customer had to wait so long to have their vehicle repaired. The actual fault on the vehicle was it required a new turbo actuator which had failed. This part was a dealer only supplied part and required us to order the part from Fiat. Unfortunately Fiat could not obtain the part nor could they give us an expected date for the delivery of the part. After a protracted period of time Available Car raised a formal complaint with Fiat UK as we did not feel it was acceptable that it was taking so long to obtain this part. Our customer also raised a complaint with Fiat UK. Shortly after these complaints were lodged Available Car received the turbo actuator and the vehicle was repaired. Once the repair was complete our Showroom Manager met with our customer and to allay any concerns the customer had Available Car extended our guarantee beyond the three months that Available Car gives with all vehicle purchases.

Unfortunately this situation was beyond our control as we were reliant on a third party, however we would still like to extend our appreciation and thanks to our customer for their patience whilst the issue was resolved.

“Extended Warranty Misleading and Waste of money”

Written on: 17/04/2015 by 397Temple (1 review written)

Bought a car from this place foolishly after reading these reviews, didnt believe they could be this bad, was told that the extended warranty covers everything, turned out to be utter bull when I tried to claim, hadnt even had the car 6 months before getting major problems, lots of the cars seem to be ex motobility cars that have been badly driven and kerbed to death, no wonder the main dealers dont want them back afterwards, go, look at the huge selection of cars, test drive a few and buy… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/06/2015

Dear 397Temple

After reading your comments it is impossible for Available Car to post a suitable response to your complaint based on the information you have supplied. We would ask you to contact the Showroom Manager at Sutton branch and they will be happy to discuss your complaint further.

Many thanks the Available Car Team

“Worst car buying experience ever”

Written on: 13/04/2015 by Chiefexec (1 review written)

Was looking for a specific car and they had one, so I mistakenly didn't heed these reviews and went to buy it. Got passed from pillar to post - one salesman, two managers - and spent a lot of time in the waiting cafe.....was told to collect 2 days later. Went home and arranged insurance switch, got road tax etc. they then phoned back the next day and said collection would be delayed by 4 days, so had to switch it back again (AVIVA were very understanding). They then phoned me that evening to… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to Chiefexec's Review

Written on: 24/04/2015

Dear Chiefexec/German220 – Thank you for your two very similar reviews, left in two separate names. We feel it is only fair that we defend your claims about your shopping experience and give our side of events.

When shopping with Available Car, we have a team of customer helpers who are employed to assist our customers when they are interested in buying a car. Our helpers will answer questions, arrange test drives and appraise a part exchange (where applicable) . Our helpers are not employed to “sell” to our customers, but to help them.

Once our customer has chosen their car of interest, one of our Customer Service Managers will then take over and explain the history of the car, number of previous owners, service history and answer any remaining questions, to allow our customer to make an informed buying choice. Once a decision is made, our Customer Service Manager will complete the used car order and necessary paperwork, before arranging a collection date. For this reason, it is not uncommon to deal with more than one member of staff, our intention is to be able to provide excellent customer service, not to pass customers “from pillar to post”.

The car that you refer too is a Mercedes-Benz B B180 1.5 CDI Sport 5dr Automatic, the mileage at the time of sale was approximately 5,400 miles. Unfortunately it was necessary to delay your original collection, due to a leak being noticed whilst preparing the car for you. The car was returned to Mercedes-Benz for the work to be completed under the manufactures warranty.

We apologise for calling you after the collection had been delayed, that was an error on our behalf, unfortunately our team had reallocated a “new” collection for you, but had not cancelled the original. Once again we apologise for this, it is not common practice.

On the day of collection (Monday 13th April) we were challenged with the “Available Car Price Promise”, we like price challenges, we offer a price promise so we can ensure our customers pay the cheapest price possible for the car they are purchasing from us. Our price promise is very clear. Our price promise lasts for 7 days from vehicle order, we were challenged during the handover appointment, on day 7 of the 7 day price promise.

We do feel it is only fair to say that the collection took longer than usual due to carrying out price matches, against three other Mercedes-Benz B180 during the Handover appointment. The collection was not delayed by us, the car was ready, the paperwork was ready and we normally expect a collection to take approximately 20-30 minutes. Had the price challenge been disclosed before the collection appointment, there would not have been any delay.
When collecting a car from Available Car, you would normally deal with one member of staff, due to the price challenges, it was necessary to get more people involved. We did this in an attempt to speed up your collection, rather than leaving it for one person to do. We are sorry you had to deal with different people, for this we apologise.

We agree that the price of our car was not “cheaper” than the cars you had found for sale elsewhere, however the car you have bought from us, has over £3000 of extra equipment fitted, for this reason the cars were not “Identical” as you claim in your review, but similar, with a lower specification. For this reason the price challenge was declined by us. We do ask that cars must be “Equal” to qualify for our “Price Promise”, these cars were not.

We are very sorry to read that the “Price Promise” prevented collecting your car from being a “Joyful experience”, we have not done anything wrong, had the cars you had selected been the same as the one you bought, we would have matched the price. Had that have been the case, we are sure you review would have been very different (if written at all?).

Having checked our records and our security log, the collection appointment was made for 14.30pm. Having investigated all price challenges, we completed the collection and took payment at 15.50pm and you drove away in your new car at 16.00pm.

If you have any further questions regarding your order or collection, please feel free to contact us directly, we are always happy to help. May we take the opportunity to thank you for your business and wish you many miles of happy, trouble free motoring. Regards The Available Car Team.

“Over 3000 cars and still could not get it...”

Written on: 09/04/2015 by louisevauxhall (1 review written)

After phoning about a car they had for sale i was initially impressed with the usual spiel car salesmen spout to customers. I was told the car would be ready to view on a certain day so as I was on a weeks holiday thought this would time nicely. The day before I was told it would not be ready to drive away on the agreed day due to the car not being ready (to their self proclaimed 'high standards') I enquired as to why, only to be told they would have to order a part in (a BULB!!!) and that they… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to louisevauxhall's Review

Written on: 16/04/2015

Dear louisevauxhall – Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience when shopping with Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington).

We sincerely apologise for our mistake that prevented you taking delivery of your car on Thursday. We should have rang you before you set off and explained that the car could not be driven away that day. Unfortunately this did not happen, therefore you arrived to collect a car, as agreed the day before and the car was not ready for you. We fully accept this was an error on our behalf and we make no excuses for it. We put our hands up and apologise.

We can assure you this is a rare, isolated incident that we would not want to replicate. Had we called you and explained the situation before you left home, we would have had the opportunity and time to prepare the car before you came to test drive/collect. This did not happen, therefore we did, as you requested, cancelled the order and refunded the deposit.

Since reading your post, we have contacted you by phone and apologised, but felt we should also respond with an apology.

This is not how we conduct our business, we retail over 20,000 cars per year, each and every car is prepared and inspected prior to collection. Available Car try to make “buying a car” an easy and pleasurable experience. We like to think we don’t ever make mistakes, although in this case, we have.

Again we sincerely apologise for our error in the way you were dealt with.

Regards The Available Car Team.

“Good cars, shame about the insurance”

Written on: 16/02/2015

We have purchased two vehicles from Available Car, Castle Donington, and they have generally been of good quality. My wife had a Golf over ten years ago which has given good service but is obviously now needing replacement, and my Passat which was purchased approximately two and a half years ago. We took out the Mapfre Abraxus extended warranty on the Passat for peace of mind, as it was sold to us as a very comprehensive deal. Recently, I have been told by the garage that the EGR Valve and… Read Full Review

Written on: 06/03/2015

Thank you for your comments regarding your purchases from Available Car Ltd, Castle Donington. We are sorry to hear that the items you claimed for were not covered by the policy you purchased at the time of sale
The policy purchased, as with most insurance policies is for cover against the unexpected, not the inevitable. Therefore as you have surmised, any items that are necessary to be replaced due to being worn, due to use, would not be covered/paid for by the policy. If these items were to mechanically fail (sudden mechanical failure) the claim could then be presented to the insurance provider.

With reference to the Diamondbrite application, if we have applied and charged for the product, we can assure you that it will have been applied. We are more than happy to liaise with Diamondbrite or supply a proof of purchase for you. If you could please email us some details regarding your purchase (name, address, registration number and date of purchase), we will arrange for a member of the team to contact you.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to do business with you again in the future. We would love to supply a third “Available Car” for you.

If we can be of any help or assistance regarding your recent claim, please contact us directly and we will be happy to help or advise wherever possible. Regards The Available Car Team.

“do not take the extended warranty ”

Written on: 10/02/2015 by traceyje07 (1 review written)

We bought a mini last year and on the whole are very pleased with it. However we were sold the extended warranty on the basis that it covers everything but the tyres. Great we thought as we knew if anything went wrong it would be expensive due to the make. Tokay my timing chain has failed and surprise surprise when we tried to claim it isn't covered. Now I've read the policy booklet I have concluded that NOTHING that is likely to happen is covered. It is an absolute waste of money. Save your… Read Full Review

“safety second.”

Written on: 29/01/2015 by AshtynMalloy (1 review written)

After buying a 4x4 and still under warranty i had a nail in my tyre.The car had 3 newish michelins on it and 1 old bridgestone,since been told tyres should match on same axles.Not having a spare i went to get this fixed only to be told by two tyre and m.o.t centres that the old tyre was showing signs of cracking and they would not be repairing the tyre as it could be a danger.I phoned availible they said bring the car we will have a look.After a long wait i was seen by aftersales to be told… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/02/2015

Dear AshtynMalloy – Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Available Car Ltd (Castle Donington). We strongly refute your claim that we prioritise “the cost of a tyre” before our customers “safety”, this statement is untrue, unfair and is misleading.

The car you are commenting on is a 2009/59 registered Audi Q5, the mileage at the time of sale was 74,928 miles. Since collection the mileage had increased by approximately 1,500 miles.

You have stated in your review, that tyres on each axle should match, we agree with this.

To “match” the tyres should be equal, this means the same size, grade and speed rating, not the same brand or tread pattern. If this is what was portrayed to you by the garages that “recommended” you replaced the tyre, there is every possibility they were hoping you would be naive enough to “buy” a tyre and have it fitted by them, there and then.

The car was collected from us on 28th November 2014 and we were contacted on 24th January 2015 regarding (puncture repair) your tyre query. It is unclear from your comments if you have had the tyre repaired or if you are still using the car with the nail in the tyre?

Tyres are not an item covered by our guarantee, however we were happy to inspect, advise and give our opinion on the tyre. This was offered so we could try to assist you. If the tyre was adequate, you would have no need to purchase an unnecessary replacement.

Having inspected the tyre, we can confirm, it was not unsafe, as you claim. We have not fitted or replaced these tyres, the tyres are used, they are not new, therefore signs of wear are to be expected/accepted. All tyres fitted are safe, suitable and perfectly adequate for the car. To clarify, at the time of inspection (Monday 26th January 2015), there was no safety issue with this tyre, our any other tyre fitted to your car.

Treating customers fairly is one of our core values, we have not been unreasonable, unfair or misleading, we have been open and honest throughout. As you have referred to in your review, you are an existing customer and we have done business together a number of times in the past. We would not want to lose your custom.

The tyre does not need to be replaced and will not be replacing it free of charge or under guarantee. Our offer to supply a tyre at “trade cost”, and to fit, free of charge, at a convenient time to you, is an option that we are happy to offer.

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us directly. Regards The Available Car Team.