Available Car UK, East Midlands Reviews

• Customer service

Available Car UK, East Midlands - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Available Car UK, East Midlands

Available Car UK, East Midlands

“Didn't carry out work I asked”

Written on: 13/08/2014 by BeauWade (1 review written)

I bought a car from them recently, the car was nice but I wanted problems sorting before signing for it, which they said they would do, though the sales person was very pushy for me to sign before even looking at the car to see if the work had been done, which I wouldn't do, the steering wheel looked like a rat had chewed it, the tracking was out, the valeting needed doing and a new tyre that was fitted to the front was some really nasty cheap Chinese make that made lots of noise over 55mph… Read Full Review

“Don't waste money on the warranty”

Written on: 06/08/2014 by pillockmcfly (1 review written)

The car sales part is fine. The cars aren't cheap, but both cars my girlfriend and I bought were OK. The finance was better than we could get from the bank. I do like the relaxed atmosphere at Castle Donington, however the salesmen at Sutton were much pushier and had attitude problems. Hence, we bought from Castle Donington. However, the aircon on one of the cars never worked, apparently we should have tested that before passing as aftersales didn't want to know. The other worked fine for a… Read Full Review

“Pathetically low part exchange prices”

Written on: 08/07/2014 by andrewas (1 review written)

I have just had them price my car for part exchange at the Sutton in Ashfield site.. After waiting for over 40 minutes for a valuation somebody finally turns up only to give me a ridiculous low insulting price for my car...There cars are all top book price ---nothing off for cash..I will certainly never bother with them again and will not be recommending them to anyone.Avoid… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to andrewas's Review

Written on: 07/08/2014

We are very sorry that you feel that the part exchange price was not what you were expecting and that your valuation took 40 minutes. Unfortunately we are unable to leave a personal response nor investigate any further as we have been unable to trace your enquiry with the limited details we have available.

Here at Available Car we are a fixed price car supermarket and as such do not accept offers on our vehicles. Our cars are prepared to a very high standard, they are fully valeted, serviced where necessary and come with two keys. They also come with our own 3 month/3000 mile guarantee with no other fees added.

We do however offer a price promise, if you can find a car of equal quality and value at a car supermarket or main franchise dealer cheaper (including fees) within 7 days of placing an order we will refund you the difference.

We would ask you to contact the Showroom Manager at our Sutton-in-Ashfield site and we will be more than happy to discuss your complaint further.

“VERY POOR VALUATIONS. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES.”

Written on: 06/06/2014 by cottywizzy1 (1 review written)

Went to donnington branch had a valuation of £2400 for our car,this with 1 MONTH mot on. Today 6th June we had a look round sutton branch. had it valued again 2 weeks later than donnington valuation. THIS TIME WITH 13 MONTHS MOT. GUESS WHAT SAME VALUATION £2400 . asked why. they said my car had lost value in 2 weeks . DONT SEE THEIR PRICES DROPPING AFTER 2 WEEKS!!WILL NOT TRADE THERE BEWARE… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to cottywizzy1's Review

Written on: 19/06/2014

Dear cottywizzy1,

We acknowledge your recent review and are sorry that you were not satisfied with the price offered for your part exchange. We first valued your car at our Castle Donington branch on the 18th May 2014. Upon inspection of your car, a Ford Focus C-Max 1.8 Ghia we offered £2400. We offered this amount taking into consideration the age (7 years old), mileage (60,671 miles) and condition. In our opinion the car was in average/below average contition for the age, the MOT was until June 2014. There was a few marks, dents and scratches visible, but nothing of any concern.

We did attempt to contact you, by telephone after your visit to Castle Donington but were unable to contact you.

The car was then viewed by our Valuation Team at the Sutton in Ashfield branch on the 6th June 2014, there was a slight increase in mileage, the car was in the same condition, the only difference was that the MOT had been renewed. I can confirm that we offered the same valuation for the car, the fact the MOT had been renewed gave us the opportunity to offer the same price, had the MOT not have been done, the value would have decreased. As you will appreciate, the value of a car without an MOT will be less. We appreciate you will have paid £30/£40 for an MOT, unfortunately this won’t increase the value significantly, hence we maintained our original offer. We will offer what we believe a car is worth, a realistic and fair part exchange price.

I hope this response is satisfactory and we would be delighted to welcome you back to Available Car Ltd in the future. Regards The Available Car Team

Cottywizzy1's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2014

POOR POOR RESPONSE...... WHY DONT YOUR CARS ON SITE GO DOWN IN PRICE SOME HAVE BEEN THERE FOR MONTHS.PS RECIEVED 3200 POUNDS FOR THE CAR. YOUR GREED IS LOSING YOU ALOT OF TRADE....

“A very satisfied customer!”

Written on: 06/03/2014

Having read the very negative reviews of a large number of customers I would like to say that the majority of the criticisms bear no relation to my own experience. I live 120 miles away from the Sutton in Ashfield showroom and found the car I wanted on the Available Car website (via Autotrader). All my arrangements were done over the telephone including a very fair exchange price for my then current car and the date/time for me to collect my new car (Citroen C3 Picasso 1.6). Admittedly the car… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/04/2014

Our company policy is to not use review sites, we believe that they are far too open to abuse and manipulation by unscrupulous individuals and companies.

However, customer service is very important to us – and we very much appreciate your positive comments, thank you.

Kind regards, the AvailableCar Team.

Sawmaster's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2014

While Available Cars might not be the greatest when it comes to selling cars they should be inline for some sort of literature award for short story fiction writing.

11Sprocket's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2014

Anybody that buys a car on the strength of a photograph and without even a Test Drive is not part of the real world.

“Don't try to part exchange ”

Written on: 04/03/2014 by 171Dominguez (1 review written)

We had a good look around the sales room, the cars seemed to be a good price, though it was noticeable that some of the prices in the catalogue did not match the prices on the cars. However we were interested in two or three cars so we sat down with a sales representative to discuss finance and part exchange of our car. We had to answer a large amount of questions some of which seemed completely irrelevant - eg have you ever had a car written off or stolen - why would they need to know… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/03/2014

Thank you for visiting Available Car, we are glad you found vehicles of interest whilst shopping with us. However, we apologise if any of the screen prices were different from our stocklist. Unfortunately, price boards do get removed, this is something that we actively check and rectify, as often as possible and is a consequence of leaving all of our cars unlocked for customers to browse at their leisure. Our stocklist, detailing vehicle details and price is updated and reprinted every day.

When a potential customer enquires about one of our vehicles, we complete a showroom enquiry form. This allows us to record any relevant details for the customer, car of interest, part exchange, driving habits, and allows us to insure our customers for a test drive. We collect this information on the enquiry form to hopefully help you with your purchase. I’m sorry if you found these questions irrelevant, our customers do not usually have any objections to us trying to help them.

We will assess and value cars on site to offer a part exchange price. We have a team of dedicated valuers, who will inspect cars prior to offering a price. It is not unusual to have more than one opinion when looking at a part exchange car.

It is from here that is becomes difficult to personalise a response for you.

1. We do not know who you are? (Two identical reviews, in two completely different names)
2. What car we valued for you?
3. When you visited Available Car?
4. Which Available Car site you visited?

We are unable to accurately answer your statement regarding the price we offered without knowing all the information. We can only assume, reading your review that “serious issues” may indicate to us that your car will have had major accident damage or insurance losses recorded against it on the HPI or Experian register.

If a car has detrimental information recorded against it, this would have a significant impact on the value and it would be worth much less than a car which had not been previously damaged to the point of being written off by an insurer. We offer a fair and realistic price for any car.

We would welcome you back to Available Car and hope to do business with you in the future.

“MAPFRE ABRAXAS Warranty! Available Car Suttton In...”

Written on: 21/02/2014

Beware of the warranty being sold by Available Car on behalf of MAPFRE ABRAXAS, I can honestly say they are not worth the paper they are written on, If they deem a part has 'worn out' this is excluded from the warranty, and they tend to dismiss most claims this way The 'courtesy' car offered by them is only accessible if the work required physically takes more 8 hours !!!!. My Turbo was removed from the car and sent away, the whole process took over 10 days but because a mechanic wasnt… Read Full Review

Brokenturbo's Comment

Written on: 03/04/2014

Update on original review

I originally stated that I had not had any contact from Available Car in connection with this issue, it transpired that the Gentleman I was trying to contact was on leave, Once they returned from leave the, service I received was very professional and restored my faith in Available Car. The Turbo issue was resolved in a couple of days and I received a cheque for the full repair amount (From Available Car and not from the Warranty Company)

As a result of the service I received I would have no hesitation in using Available Car again in the future.

Thanks for the great service

Written on: 04/04/2014

Kind regards, the AvailableCar Team.

“Never buy the car from available car there will rip...”

Written on: 08/01/2014 by AnetaKozicka (1 review written)

Never buy the car from available car there will rip you off and the cars are not in the good condition… Read Full Review

“part xchange”

Written on: 30/12/2013

Do not part xchange sell it some where else for a better price taken from one desk to another to much paper work to much signing… Read Full Review

Written on: 25/02/2014

We are sorry to hear you were not happy with the used car valuation you received.

Available Car will give you a fair price for your car, whether you part exchange, or not. Our valuation team value thousands of vehicles every year and know the current market value of each used car in the UK.

We are also sorry you did not like the way you were passed to another member of staff. After taking a test drive with us, you will move desks so one of our Customer Service Managers can explain your car of interest in more detail (i.e. previous owners and service history etc). Should you wish to proceed, we will then complete any necessary paperwork to buy the car. At Available Car we won’t sell you a car, we help you buy one. We assume from the detail in your review you have purchased a car from us?

We hope to do business with you again in the future. Many Thanks Available Car Team.

“AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL”

Written on: 22/09/2013 by funlovely (1 review written)

I had a most terrible experience at this car supermarket! Found the perfect BMW online and called them to ask if it was available. I was delighted when they told me it was and informed then I would be driving down from London and would arrive in a little over 3 hours. Called them again as soon as I got into the car so they were aware that I was serious about purchasing the car and called them a few more times during the journey and was told EVERYTIME I CALLED THAT THE CAR WAS STILL AVAILABLE… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to funlovely's Review

Written on: 26/02/2014

We are genuinely sorry that the vehicle was sold to another customer whilst you were traveling to us from London. We offer cars for sale and without withdrawing a car from sale, they are all available for our customers to buy.

The enquiry was passed to one of our team members who should have offered you the opportunity to place a deposit on the vehicle, this would have secured the car for you.

Had this been done, the vehicle would have been available for you to view upon your arrival. This was clearly a breakdown of communication on our behalf for which we apologise.

We would never knowingly give incorrect information or give our customers misleading information to get them to travel to us.

We hope you accept our apology and will consider us again in the future when looking for a vehicle.

“DONT BUY FROM HERE”

Written on: 17/07/2013

Do Not purchase a car from available car. You will get given a number speak to 1million different people who wont help unless you are directly spending money with them. Check the car thoroughly I had to return to the showroom 3 time to pick a car up whose electric roof wouldn't go down!!!! and then 1 month later the bit they should of repaired failed again and currently I have been waiting a week and a half for them to repair it when they promised me it would be ready the next day Do not… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/03/2014

AvailableCar are sorry to hear you have experienced a problem with your vehicle. We inspect every vehicle in our preparation centres before allowing any of our customers to take delivery of their car. We sell thousands of cars, so ensuring each one passes its safety and quality inspection is the most important part of our business.

At Available Car we give a 3000 mile, 3 month guarantee with every vehicle we supply, so that if any problem does arise within our guarantee period, we will repair the vehicle at no cost to the new owner.

We will also offer a courtesy car to our customers ‘free of charge’, whenever possible. I hope this was offered to you?

In some circumstances a repair can be more lengthy than first thought, or require parts that are not so easy to obtain in a short space of time. Intermittent faults also cause problems, due to the fact they can be working when tested and not working at the next attempt. Most used cars we sell are problem free.
We do not make these cars, we buy them, check them, fix them and service them. We cannot guarantee them as problem free, we do guarantee to fix them if you do have a problem. Under guarantee we always help our customers.

Modern motor vehicles have become more complex in design and in turn more complex to repair. For example, the electric roof that you experienced problems with, are not fitted to every car and parts are not always on the shelf. We do apologise for the time of the repair, but if we could have had the work completed sooner, we would have done. There is no benefit to us, to take any longer than necessary to carry out a repair.

We did fix this issue for you and we hope you are enjoying your vehicle now the electric folding roof motor has been repaired? We wish you many miles of trouble free motoring.

“Useless price promise”

Written on: 11/06/2013 by tonkocook (3 reviews written)

Company makes a promise they will refund the difference if you find the same car of equal quality and specs elsewhere within 7 days of vehicle order,but it is all rubbish. I bought a car from them few years ago and found a cheaper car with exactly same reg number,make ,model,mileage,even the color! because that is apparently all that matters,but never got any money back,because apparently the other car(s) I found cheaper elsewhere by reputable companies(arnold clark,motorpoint)don't prepare… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to tonkocook's Review

Written on: 04/04/2014

When considering a vehicle for Price Match, there is many factors to take into consideration. For example: Is the supplier a Franchise agent, Car Supermarket, Private Seller or Sole Trader? Is the car in stock and available for sale? How many Previous Owners? Current Mileage? Service History? Specification? Number of Keys? Is the car fully prepared, workshop checked, maintained/repaired, valeted or sold as seen? Is there additional Preparation Fees or is there additional Administration Fees to be added to the selling price? Each item needs to be checked as there is value in each item. "We check and adjust our prices every day to make sure that we always offer our lowest possible prices on every car." This way we have confidence in both our prices and our Price Promise. To clarify the Available Car Ltd Guarantee, every car we supply includes a 3 month/3000 mile Guarantee.

It appears that the car(s) you tried to match were not equal to ours, therefore did not qualify as a price match. Our Price Promise is applicable to a car that matches our car, not a car that is similar. The Price Promise is popular with our customers, we carry out Price Matches on a weekly basis at all of our sites. We certainly do not make promises we cannot keep.

As an existing customer, we hope you will shop with us again. The Price Promise is there so we can be confident with our prices and so when customers are shopping with us, they are buying quality cars at the best price possible. Our recommend a friend vouchers are sent out to existing customers as a thank you for their business and to allow themselves, family or friends a discount when they buy a car from us in the future.

Regards Available Car Ltd

“Service Record”

Written on: 11/06/2013 by 11sprocket (1 review written)

To be honest the 3 year old car that I bought from them was good.I knew the car I wanted before arriving,it was on their website with all the necessary information.I have been in the motor trade for 50 years,saying that I still could get caught! Well gave the car a good check over and a fairly long road test .The car had not been prepared or serviced yet,found a few minor things that I wanted taking care of also a few bodywork repairs.I noticed in the boot where a genuine Hyundai oil… Read Full Review

Available Car's Response to 11sprocket's Review

Written on: 04/04/2014

We are pleased you are happy with the car you purchased from us and are delighted that you found our website informative and user friendly. We put all the vehicle details, 15 photos of our cars on our website and we also include our workshop inspection reports. These details show what work we have carried out whilst preparing the car for sale. We like to have clarity with our customers.

Whilst preparing a car for sale, if any service or maintenance work is due, we carry this work out prior to the new owner taking delivery. Your car will have been serviced, using the parts you saw in the car. Each vehicle has a paper and computer record of all parts fitted and details showing what work has been completed. This way we can record not only what work we have carried out but exactly what parts we have fitted to each car.

It is always exciting to get recognition for the preparation of our cars and your comment about the car being “First Class” when you came to collect is appreciated, thank you for that.

I apologise for the personal opinions that were given by our team member, it is not his “opinion” that matters when it comes to the life span of service items. This should not have been a discussion whilst collecting your car and if the manufacture recommends them to be changed, that is when they need changing, regardless of “how long they can last”. Taking this conversation into account I can understand why you were getting frustrated. Reading your review it seems conclusive that no service book was supplied to us when we bought the car, therefore there was no book to be stamped for the service we completed. The sheets you have referred to in your review are a service print out, these confirm what work we carried out when servicing the car. If you need any additional details regarding the service, we are more than happy to provide a letter confirming what parts were fitted.

With regards to the manufacturer warranty, all cars regardless of the manufacturer are to be serviced in accordance to the manufacturers’ guidelines, using genuine parts. If these guidelines are not adhered to, the warranty may be affected by the manufacturer should a claim be necessary. For these reasons, Available Car ensure we carry out any required service work within the manufacturers' guidelines and if any repair is needed that would be covered by the warranty, we to would refer the car to the franchise dealer, rather than carry out the work and risk compromising the warranty.

I can assure you, the parts you saw in the car when you ordered it, will have been fitted to your car and I hope reading this response will give you the additional peace of mind that we prepare cars, as required and to a high standard.

We hope to deal with you again in the future. Regards Available Car Ltd

11Sprocket's reply to Available Car's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2014

Well thanks for your reply,sounds like you got the job of papering over the cracks on all the bad reviews you company has received over the years. I can see your point with only a one star rating this can not be good for business. Considering many of your local competitors have 4 stars plus.
My review on the dealings I had with Available Cars was honest and to the point. I am only going to discuss my main concern which was the lack of paperwork as to what work you had actually done on my car.You seem to brush under the carpet the fact that I had along discussion with a Senior Manager at your Donnington depot who refused to give me anything in writing concerning the work carried out or the spare parts fitted. He's attitude was you are not going to be charge for the work so you d' not really need to know.The pages of ticks means nothing,something I soon found out when I presented them to A Hyundai Main Agent for a small warranty job to be carried out.It was refused because of you incomplete service record. My car had passed thought you hands twice so I had two of these useless pages of a so-called service record. I had a service book with the vehicle,your stamp means very little. Last point regarding the filters I saw in the boot they were NOT fitted to my vehicle. The very next day I unclipped the air cleaner and found a dirty air filter,which any self respecting garage would have binned. According to Hyundai who checked the date stamp the fuel filter was the one originally fitted to my car. Oil filter? Anybody's guess.So you really need to get your House in order if you want to increase sales and less of the Bull .

“available car at sutton stamped service book for the...”

Written on: 28/02/2013 by desbarb (1 review written)

available car at sutton stamped service book for the warranty but the car has not been serviced… Read Full Review

“Terrible Service Avoid”

Written on: 05/02/2013

I bought a car from available car in 2012 it was the biggest mistake h and I regret deeply. I have had numerous problems with the car and within a few days of having the car it had leaked a lot of diesel on my driveway, the car had to go back three times they refused to provide a courtesy car as they stated that they would not have one available for the next two weeks (says alot) and each time I picked the car up it had not been properly fixed, it was only when I read senior management the riot… Read Full Review

“Buyer beware”

Written on: 03/01/2013 by GFUNK20 (10 reviews written)

AC staff were helpful from the outset, however just be advised that if your after a quick purchase use someone else, we were past from pillar to post and moved round several tables and past through several different sales advisors its very disorganised, We were left sitting at an empty table for 45 mins waiting for a certain member of staff to complete our sale, (he was busy with other customers) whilst other staff just seem to stand around chatting and joking then when we were seen to… Read Full Review

“A bad experience”

Written on: 10/04/2012 by mrcarbuyer (1 review written)

I had a bad experience with Available Car in Castle Donington 2-3 years ago. On a related note, imagine my surprise when I read the following in the local paper as one of the nice gentlemen mentioned dealt with me at the time of purchase: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Car-dealers-admit-scam-bonus/story-12082110-detail/story.html On the plus side: 1) The warranty they sold me turned out to be extremely useful and they (the warranty company) honoured just about all of the repairs… Read Full Review

“GET A BANK LOAN AND GO ELSEWHERE, IT WILL SAVE YOU A...”

Written on: 01/03/2012

shocking experience. Miss sold me the warranty, which covers very little, and is a lot of hassle when making a claim. Three years ago i bought a. On the test drive, heard a whistling, they said they would sort it out, claiming it was the air filter...cowboys!. three weeks later lost all power as i was in the overtaking lane on a dual carriage way. turns out the turbo had gone. The warranty didnt want to cover it, because i hadnt rang them for breakdown, and they refused to take it back. It… Read Full Review

“never go there”

Written on: 04/01/2012 by traceyme (1 review written)

brought a mini cooper s the sales man was brill could not fault him at all it was when i got the car home all the rubbish happend first was NO TAX they never told me the car did not come with no TAX sorry i may be blond but i dint think u could drive a car on the road without tax then i got it home to find there was no tred on the back tyres the next thing i was having the AA out because the car was dead rang Available Car up to tell them they told me if i can get it goin to bring it down omg… Read Full Review

“Are they deaf?”

Written on: 12/08/2011

Initially I was pretty happy although I also experienced the laughable "price promise" that is worth jack! I experienced bad customer service from one guy who was incredibly rude to me on a day when I had just attended a family funeral and was completely unsympathetic of my feelings at that time. Then after more problems occurred I went back and initially they were very good and agreed to look at the car. However they didn't listen to my explanation of the problem and concentrated on an other… Read Full Review

Traceyme's Comment

Written on: 04/01/2012

hate the place il never go again