Carrentals.co.uk Reviews

Carrentals.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Carrentals.co.uk

Carrentals.co.uk

“HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE ! STAY AWAY FROM EUROPCAR”

Written on: 26/09/2014 by ajaykohli (1 review written)

Booked a car with Europcar Edinburgh. Had checked in writing about acceptance of Indian Driving licence TWICE. When we went to take delivery we were flatly refused on basis of our license and top of it the the supervisor intimidated us and said "we will never give our cars to you Indians". The guy was rude, obnoxious and absuive Our expensive holiday was totally ruined by Europcar's behaviour. So my suggestion just avoid them. Incidentally we hired then from Enterprise who were more than happy… Read Full Review

Carrentals01's Response to ajaykohli's Review

Written on: 30/09/2014

Hi there

Many thanks for taking the time to review our company.

We are very sorry to learn that you were not happy with your recent car rental experience. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and should the service from any of the local suppliers fall short of customer expectation then we would want to know about this so that we are able to feed this back to the service provider in the hope that future customers so not experience such issues.

If you would like to contact us directly about this issue, please do so via the contact us form found at the bottom of our FAQ section and we will be able to pass your comments on to the local supplier for their consideration.

Once again, we are very sorry to hear about your experience however, we do hope that this does not deter you from us in the future.

Kind regards,

carrentals.co.uk

“Terrible service, do not use”

Written on: 05/09/2014

got cheap deal, arrived in Barcelona, waited 2 hours in the sun, rude and incompetent firefly staff, ripped off on insurance, told no cars available in my selected category!. Complained to Carrentals fobbed off with silly letter and no redress. I will never use this firm again and actually it is so much better going direct to reputable firm… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2014

Dear Customer
That said, we take customer satisfaction very seriously and should the service from any of our suppliers fall short of customer expectation then we would want to know so that we are able to feed this back to our suppliers in the hope that future customers so not experience such issues.
If you would like us to look into your complaint further then please contact us directly using the 'Contact Us' link on our website.

“CarRentals not interested”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Lucasm1977 (1 review written)

Booked car on site for collection in Barcelona. Seemed cheap. Stood in line for 1 1/2 hours as every customer was being tricked into paying 150 Euro for insurance (paid for insurance online already - CarRentals dais they can't credit back the insurance as we should have done that straight away) they would take 850 and charge any damage in total + 90 if taking car over boarder or French would charge 500 Euro tax if taking car here...another crock. We wanted to keep the car for an extra day… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2014

Dear Customer

Carrentals.co.uk is the UK's leading car rental price comparison site comparing car hire prices from over 50 suppliers. As a comparison site we offer customers the ability to search for their car rental needs in one place and then allow them to book directly with the supplier of their choice. Our customers ultimately book directly with their chosen supplier and the contract is between customer and direct supplier, not Carrentals.co.uk

If you would like to contact us directly please do so via our website, click on the Contact Us button and we will be more than happy to hear your comments and help you.

Carrentals Customer Support

“definate life saver”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Fraser95 (1 review written)

I came by this site by accident but thank goodness I did. We travel frequently and always try to get a good price for car rental but after many hours of searching and really high prices I was almost tempted to book with another company for a high price. Then this add popped up and bingo, easy to use, fantastic and unbeatable prices too. What more could any traveller want. Next time I will be checking caerentals first, in fact saved in favourites.A must for busy people who don't want to sit… Read Full Review

“Best site I have found for car rentals”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by vzCollins238 (1 review written)

After trawling the internet for One way car hire deals on a number of different car hire sites I came across Carrentals.co.uk. What a dream of a site.I found it very easy to use with very clear information. It had car hire companies that other comparison sites did not. Ok I may only have saved a fiver but with finances being tight a fiver is a lot to me. So glad to have found Carrentals.co.uk… Read Full Review

“poor service old cars”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by huParker483 (1 review written)

booked on line looked like a new car but on arrival found it to be a old dirty car with broken bits, had no radio ariel when I spoke to the man he said that the only station that was tuned in was the best one and I would be fine with that. Booked a sat nav when I picked the car up I was informed that they did not have a sat nav, they did have one in greek but wanted more than the advertised price to hire even though I could not use it !!!.Found out later that the car ran fine without the heater… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

Hi there.

Many thanks for taking the time to review our company.

We hope to hear from you soon,

carrentals.co.uk

“I had a poor experience with Green Motion. I rented a...”

Written on: 09/08/2014

I had a poor experience with Green Motion. I rented a car 13th June 2014 for a week. It took a while to sort out a car at Heathrow, then paid extra GBP10.00 for a drivers check as had not taken my passport as ID, though I had my VALID UK drivers license. Paid roughly around GBP 400.00 for car hire. All this was acceptable to me as the car was good and service desk average, though I was still upset with the 10.00 steal on my traffic violation checks. The bigger issue I had was I had entered a… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/08/2014

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

As Carrentals is a car rental comparison site, we compare car hire from over 50 companies. Customers who search for car hire on our website are redirected to the suppliers own website once they have chosen which company they would like to book with.

As this is the case, you may have made your booking directly with one of the companies we compare on our website and we recommend that you contact them directly to make them aware of your issue.

If you made your booking through the Carrentals branded booking engine powered by Holiday Autos, you can contact our customer support team directly using the contact form on our website and we will be happy to help you any way we can.

We hope this response helps and that your experience does not deter you from using Carrentals to compare car hire for future rentals.

Kind regards,

“Lowest Price”

Written on: 08/08/2014

Best price I found with no hidden extras… Read Full Review

“Value for money”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by Culcavey (1 review written)

Made a booking for Verona airport at the end of June 2014. Rep from Buchbinder was at the airport to take us the short journey to the company's premises. Car was fine - no problems. Staff helpful and did not push extras, once I explained I had an excess policy. Booked a Vauxhall Astra or equivalent, and actually got a Zafira… Read Full Review

“Good car hire experience ”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Holden335 (1 review written)

An easy to use interface and the cheapest deal I could find by miles. All in all very satisfied… Read Full Review

“Greenmotion: An Unpleasant Shock”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by Maldonado450 (1 review written)

I booked a car through www.rental cars.com with car hirer Greenmotion for what was categorised in size as "Astra or similar". I chose Greenmotion because their car hire rates were competitive. The car that was provided was a size smaller... a Toyota Yaris (they also offered me a Vauxhall Corsa, or equivalent size). The car was not clean, with mud splattered on the sides and dirt on the windscreen and windows. The car park was dark and so a thorough check on the condition of the car was not… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/08/2014

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear you had problems with your recent car hire.

If you would like us to look into this for you then please contact us via the website 'Contact us' link. We will do all we can to assist you.

“NOT A GOOD DEAL”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by MarvinSmith (1 review written)

I booked with 121 Car Hire and the deal that I got after I had paid on the voucher was not the same as advertised. I therefore cancelled the reservation… Read Full Review

121Carhire02's Comment

Written on: 29/07/2014

Hiya

We're sorry that the service you received wasn't what you expected. If there's anything you want us to look into then please don't hesitate to contact us. If you go back onto the 121 car hire website and click onto the Contact Us link, we will be happy to help you further.

Customer Support

“No fuss rentals”

Written on: 22/07/2014

The car rentals site was super quick, brought up several different car hire companies to choose from, all at very competitive rates. Loved the fact i the site had an easy to read layout and all the details were clear to understand. Contact numbers are easy to find too. I would definitely recommend this site to all… Read Full Review

“Easy peasy”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by Rory419 (1 review written)

Tried two other different rentals, national uk and europcar before having success with 121. National uk return ridiculous pricing, order of 900, justified in the banner as it was a busy weekend. Eurocar wouldn't let me purchase because I didn't have a promotion code eh! I just want to give someone some reasonable amount of money for 3 days hire. 121 understood this...well done, a keep it simple web site that works. No need to click an options button for no excess insurance and very reasonable… Read Full Review

“Bordeaux car hire”

Written on: 16/07/2014

I liked carrentals.co.uk because it allowed me to be quite specific about the model of car being hired. Although the group initially came up as Volkswagen Golf I was then offered a Citroen Berlingo at no extra cost - this is the car I was trying to get to. Often these sites can only point you to 'Compact car' and you don't know what you are going to get… Read Full Review

“Easy comparison”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by McNamarads408 (1 review written)

Have used Carrentals on many occasions because of the ease at which I can compare both different companies, class of car and price. Never had any problems with the pick ups or drop offs. Does all the hard work for me!… Read Full Review

“Re question about insurance”

Written on: 01/07/2014 by Portstephens (2 reviews written)

Have been asked (as a reviewer) if the collision waiver insurance is necessary & what did I do. Yes it is necessary especially in foreign countries where they may not see things like we do, or different rules apply. Because I use a Mastercard - Platinum level to book my cars , hotels, trips etc whilst overseas , that card gives me coverage for collision waver damage, think it covers $3000 to $4000 , but is clear on the Mastercard Platinum website. Never had any need to call on it but it is… Read Full Review

“Quick, Easy, Functional”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by richardpettit (1 review written)

The website was easy to use and provided a clear breakdown of prices, except the excess coverage which was an additional 20%. I liked the way the website flows through the relevant information and each of the decisions are clearly explained. I don't like the fact it claims no hidden fees, but steers you towards the excess insurance at the last minute… Read Full Review

“Misleading website”

Written on: 30/06/2014 by Peter572014 (1 review written)

I mistakenly decided to use the Carrentals.com website instead of going directly to Hertz to book a car at Edinburgh Airport. Have completed the search and being offered a £29 deal I then noticed they had added their own insurance to the deal taking the total over £53. It was informed I could cancel this additional £24 if I found the car hire cover better. Due to a change of plan I decided to cancel my reservation within their 48 window using the on-line cancellation feature. The small… Read Full Review

Carrentals01's Response to Peter572014's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

Hi there.

We are very sorry for the confusion while making your booking.

Firstly, please check that you booked through us Carrentals.co.uk and not Carrentals.com as they are a separate company.

The insurance we offer at the time of booking is through a third party, Questor, and so the supplier would not have been able to cancel this for you.

The Questor Insurance product is offered in two places during the booking process so if I could just take a minute to explain how our site works, this may help explain to you how you purchased by mistake.

First of all, the insurance is offered on the booking form where customers are required to tick a box to agree to the insurance terms and conditions. If customers do not wish to include the insurance with their booking, they need to select this option and continue their booking without the insurance. The booking will not go through unless one of these two actions is taken.

If a customer does not select insurance on the booking form, we present an overlay page to customers after they have clicked "book now". The overlay page double checks that the customer did not want insurance and the reason for this is because it is a very important part of car hire and we want to be sure that people are aware of what they have said no to.

Again, the option to include this insurance is not pre-selected and the customer must tick a box to select this product and agree to the T&Cs of the insurance. If a customer does not want to include the insurance, they can click the large box which says "continue without Insurance".

At no point do we try to sell this product without a customer’s knowledge. It is not in our interest or that of Questor's to take money without customers knowing exactly what they are paying for. Please rest assured our aim is to provide good value car hire and good customer service.

I do hope that this clarifies the situation for you. You can cancel this insurance directly with Questor by using the contact details found in the insurance confirmation email you should have received after booking. If you cannot find Questors contact details or have any other queries, you can contact our customer support team who will pass your cancellation request onto Questor for you.

Carrentals.co.uk

“Easy to use, good prices!”

Written on: 28/06/2014 by KorbinLarsen262 (1 review written)

Easy to use, good prices!… Read Full Review