Carrentals.co.uk Reviews

Carrentals.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Carrentals.co.uk

Carrentals.co.uk

“UNETHICAL & RUDE....WILL NEVER USE AGAIN !!!”

Written on: 22/12/2014 by 467North (1 review written)

We rented a car for pick up after long haul travel & paid in full 3 mths in advance. Pick up time was 9am but due to delays we arrived at 12pm to be told we had missed the 2 hour grace period for pick up & our car wasn't available. The only way we could leave with a car was to pay an EXTRA 680 pounds over & above our original booking ( they had already held this money for 3 mths).  No amount of references to customer service/ terms & conditions will ever convince me this us right. DO NOT… Read Full Review

“Fast effective great prices.”

Written on: 21/12/2014

Never used this site before but found the whole experience so easy - fast effective and great prices - I was in a hurry but that was no problem at all confirmations etc., also spot on… Read Full Review

“easy to use and very cheap”

Written on: 20/12/2014 by Conwayhz397 (1 review written)

This is a review for the web site. Have to wait and see that it all works out. Site could use a back or compare button, since same types of car are liste without showing any difference. DiscoverEd some links back at the top of the page in the end. Overall very good… Read Full Review

“Very good site”

Written on: 27/11/2014 by LeannaMay (1 review written)

Easiest to use and got me the best possible price. I travel to Ireland every 6 weeks and never before have I had such a good price on car rental… Read Full Review

“ten from len”

Written on: 21/11/2014 by mattsmithleeds (1 review written)

really easy to book and really low prices and simple to do ive used over 10 times now ? ive thoroughly recommended to family and friends and they in turn have used the site and found it the same ! well done and thanks v much… Read Full Review

“On line booking is fine, only critisism is that the...”

Written on: 14/11/2014 by DesiraeSinclair (1 review written)

On line booking is fine, only critisism is that the car rental company is not shown till after payment is processed. Regrettably you have again booked us with Firefly which entails long queues for up to 2 hours at their reception. They are always understaffed, their documents are not pre prepared and their personnel can be rude and pushy. Please show your preferred rental company earlier in the process or better still give your customers a choice… Read Full Review

“Really good car hire service.”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by Skiff (1 review written)

Easy booking procedure. The staff were quick, efficient and friendly… Read Full Review

“Website malfunction”

Written on: 16/10/2014 by Elisabeth348 (1 review written)

Your website is not picking up the airport location, country - I have tried 6 times this morning to book but it is not recognising the pick up/ drop back locations. Shame - my business goes elsewhere. Worth getting your site updated… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2014

Thank you for letting us know that you have had problems. Sorry we couldn't help you.
We've passed the information onto our Technical Team, who will look into this for us.

Carrentals

“Great service”

Written on: 09/10/2014 by Theodorej199 (1 review written)

Arranged car hire from USA via this site as they were the best price. I ordered the night before picking the car up at my local Avis and had no problems whatsoever. CarRentals even offered me an extra insurance policy giving me zero excess on everything. Very happy and would def use again :)… Read Full Review

“HORRIBLE! HORRIBLE ! STAY AWAY FROM EUROPCAR”

Written on: 26/09/2014 by ajaykohli (1 review written)

Booked a car with Europcar Edinburgh. Had checked in writing about acceptance of Indian Driving licence TWICE. When we went to take delivery we were flatly refused on basis of our license and top of it the the supervisor intimidated us and said "we will never give our cars to you Indians". The guy was rude, obnoxious and absuive Our expensive holiday was totally ruined by Europcar's behaviour. So my suggestion just avoid them. Incidentally we hired then from Enterprise who were more than happy… Read Full Review

Carrentals01's Response to ajaykohli's Review

Written on: 30/09/2014

Hi there

Many thanks for taking the time to review our company.

We are very sorry to learn that you were not happy with your recent car rental experience. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and should the service from any of the local suppliers fall short of customer expectation then we would want to know about this so that we are able to feed this back to the service provider in the hope that future customers so not experience such issues.

If you would like to contact us directly about this issue, please do so via the contact us form found at the bottom of our FAQ section and we will be able to pass your comments on to the local supplier for their consideration.

Once again, we are very sorry to hear about your experience however, we do hope that this does not deter you from us in the future.

Kind regards,

carrentals.co.uk

“Terrible service, do not use”

Written on: 05/09/2014

got cheap deal, arrived in Barcelona, waited 2 hours in the sun, rude and incompetent firefly staff, ripped off on insurance, told no cars available in my selected category!. Complained to Carrentals fobbed off with silly letter and no redress. I will never use this firm again and actually it is so much better going direct to reputable firm… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/09/2014

Dear Customer
That said, we take customer satisfaction very seriously and should the service from any of our suppliers fall short of customer expectation then we would want to know so that we are able to feed this back to our suppliers in the hope that future customers so not experience such issues.
If you would like us to look into your complaint further then please contact us directly using the 'Contact Us' link on our website.

“CarRentals not interested”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Lucasm1977 (1 review written)

Booked car on site for collection in Barcelona. Seemed cheap. Stood in line for 1 1/2 hours as every customer was being tricked into paying 150 Euro for insurance (paid for insurance online already - CarRentals dais they can't credit back the insurance as we should have done that straight away) they would take 850 and charge any damage in total + 90 if taking car over boarder or French would charge 500 Euro tax if taking car here...another crock. We wanted to keep the car for an extra day… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2014

Dear Customer

Carrentals.co.uk is the UK's leading car rental price comparison site comparing car hire prices from over 50 suppliers. As a comparison site we offer customers the ability to search for their car rental needs in one place and then allow them to book directly with the supplier of their choice. Our customers ultimately book directly with their chosen supplier and the contract is between customer and direct supplier, not Carrentals.co.uk

If you would like to contact us directly please do so via our website, click on the Contact Us button and we will be more than happy to hear your comments and help you.

Carrentals Customer Support

“definate life saver”

Written on: 31/08/2014 by Fraser95 (1 review written)

I came by this site by accident but thank goodness I did. We travel frequently and always try to get a good price for car rental but after many hours of searching and really high prices I was almost tempted to book with another company for a high price. Then this add popped up and bingo, easy to use, fantastic and unbeatable prices too. What more could any traveller want. Next time I will be checking caerentals first, in fact saved in favourites.A must for busy people who don't want to sit… Read Full Review

“Best site I have found for car rentals”

Written on: 21/08/2014 by vzCollins238 (1 review written)

After trawling the internet for One way car hire deals on a number of different car hire sites I came across Carrentals.co.uk. What a dream of a site.I found it very easy to use with very clear information. It had car hire companies that other comparison sites did not. Ok I may only have saved a fiver but with finances being tight a fiver is a lot to me. So glad to have found Carrentals.co.uk… Read Full Review

“poor service old cars”

Written on: 15/08/2014 by huParker483 (1 review written)

booked on line looked like a new car but on arrival found it to be a old dirty car with broken bits, had no radio ariel when I spoke to the man he said that the only station that was tuned in was the best one and I would be fine with that. Booked a sat nav when I picked the car up I was informed that they did not have a sat nav, they did have one in greek but wanted more than the advertised price to hire even though I could not use it !!!.Found out later that the car ran fine without the heater… Read Full Review

Written on: 28/08/2014

Hi there.

Many thanks for taking the time to review our company.

We hope to hear from you soon,

carrentals.co.uk

“I had a poor experience with Green Motion. I rented a...”

Written on: 09/08/2014

I had a poor experience with Green Motion. I rented a car 13th June 2014 for a week. It took a while to sort out a car at Heathrow, then paid extra GBP10.00 for a drivers check as had not taken my passport as ID, though I had my VALID UK drivers license. Paid roughly around GBP 400.00 for car hire. All this was acceptable to me as the car was good and service desk average, though I was still upset with the 10.00 steal on my traffic violation checks. The bigger issue I had was I had entered a… Read Full Review

Written on: 12/08/2014

Hi there,

Thank you for your review.

As Carrentals is a car rental comparison site, we compare car hire from over 50 companies. Customers who search for car hire on our website are redirected to the suppliers own website once they have chosen which company they would like to book with.

As this is the case, you may have made your booking directly with one of the companies we compare on our website and we recommend that you contact them directly to make them aware of your issue.

If you made your booking through the Carrentals branded booking engine powered by Holiday Autos, you can contact our customer support team directly using the contact form on our website and we will be happy to help you any way we can.

We hope this response helps and that your experience does not deter you from using Carrentals to compare car hire for future rentals.

Kind regards,

“Lowest Price”

Written on: 08/08/2014

Best price I found with no hidden extras… Read Full Review

“Value for money”

Written on: 01/08/2014 by Culcavey (1 review written)

Made a booking for Verona airport at the end of June 2014. Rep from Buchbinder was at the airport to take us the short journey to the company's premises. Car was fine - no problems. Staff helpful and did not push extras, once I explained I had an excess policy. Booked a Vauxhall Astra or equivalent, and actually got a Zafira… Read Full Review

“Good car hire experience ”

Written on: 31/07/2014 by Holden335 (1 review written)

An easy to use interface and the cheapest deal I could find by miles. All in all very satisfied… Read Full Review

“Greenmotion: An Unpleasant Shock”

Written on: 29/07/2014 by Maldonado450 (1 review written)

I booked a car through www.rental cars.com with car hirer Greenmotion for what was categorised in size as "Astra or similar". I chose Greenmotion because their car hire rates were competitive. The car that was provided was a size smaller... a Toyota Yaris (they also offered me a Vauxhall Corsa, or equivalent size). The car was not clean, with mud splattered on the sides and dirt on the windscreen and windows. The car park was dark and so a thorough check on the condition of the car was not… Read Full Review

Written on: 05/08/2014

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear you had problems with your recent car hire.

If you would like us to look into this for you then please contact us via the website 'Contact us' link. We will do all we can to assist you.