Kahrs Wood Flooring Reviews

Kahrs Wood Flooring - Ask a question now

“Kahrs Oak flooring soaks up any moisture.”

Written on: 27/06/2014 by Alvarado1947 (1 review written)

Kahrs Oak flooring soaks up moisture on the End boards as the short ends of the boards are not a tight fit similar to the side lengths of the boards. Therefore any kind of cleaning when some moisture is needed will be absorbed into the boards {you can test this for yourself by wetting the tip of your finger with spittle etc and rub it over the end of the board/samp[le and hey presto, you will have a damp mark}. Kahrs are aware of this problem, however forget the 30 year guarantee as this does… Read Full Review

“Kahrs - country matt oiled finish”

Written on: 04/06/2014 by Jones352 (1 review written)

Absolute rubbish. THe biggest regret I have with my new house are my floors. I even called Kahrs directly before deciding on these floors which are their country selection, oiled finish. After only 8 weeks they look like they are 30 years old in some parts. Dirt just gets into them can cant be removed with any regular cleaning product or mop. I called Karhs who were of little help - recommended their own cleaning products = make no difference. For a reputable brand these floors are so… Read Full Review

“10 Years and Still Great”

Written on: 14/04/2014 by AutumnAbbott (1 review written)

I have had Kahrs Brazilian Hardwood for 10 years. Installed it in a new house myself. 3000 sq ft and then another 600 sq ft 5 years later. Love the flooring, still looks like new and holds up well to traffic. We have parties of over 50 people 2 to 3 time per year and the floor has always held up. Had a few accidents, dropped scaffolding on the floor, and was able to repair with very little effort. Scratch resistant, cleans up nice with just water, Murphy's Oil Soap, and then apply a wood floor… Read Full Review

“Beautiful flooring”

Written on: 22/11/2013 by Nobbie (4 reviews written)

I find it hard to believe some of the reviews on here of Kahrs flooring as we have had their Merbau floors for over 10 years and they still look fantastic. The odd dents and scratches are perfectly normal and give it character as the wood layer is fairly thick and any wood floors will mark over time. My husband actually laid the floors and I think it still looks as great as the day it was put down. We like it so much we are going to out it in our new home when we move. If you don't want… Read Full Review

“Avoid the "distressed" look, its just ugly dents”

Written on: 07/11/2012

I ordered Kahrs Oak Grasse engineered floorboards, on the basis that they are a respectable brand and worth paying for quality. I had professional floor layers to put the floor in, and so I cleared out of the way to let them get to work. Once I returned, half the floor was laid and there were major, obvious scratches and dents. My first impression was that some very heavy furniture had been dragged/ scraped across the floor, putting loads of rounded deep gouges in the floor. Also there were… Read Full Review

Anuvarevuya's Comment

Written on: 07/11/2012

Forgot to mention that I also spoke to the manufacturers rep. His response was tough luck, if you dont like it just buy more packets and discard the distressed ones. Not too helpful.

If there was ANY representation on the website or brochure among the many photos as to what the effect was like, I would not have a problem with it. We also got sent a sample beforehand and it was completely unmarked.

The product seems misrepresented to me.

Written on: 09/11/2013

I am completely and totally disappointed with my Kahrs engineered flooring. I've purchased enough for a 20 x 28 room plus a kitchen. The kitchen is finished and is full of dents. I'm 73 and live alone. Very little traffic walks on my kitchen. I'm trying to sell the rest so I can put something else in the new addition. It is a beautiful floor, but I wouldn't put it in a doghouse. What a waste of my money.

“worst wooden floor even”

Written on: 15/08/2012

like the other reviews, scratches appear otu of nowhere , just looking at at even, exepensive and yet niot durable !! very disappointing… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/11/2013

I agree. Worst product I've ever purchased. What a waste of good money. Company refuses to admit they have a lousy product. DENTS!!

“SQUEEEKY BEAUTIFUL KAHUS BRAZILIAN CHERRY HARDWOOD FLOORS”

Written on: 12/01/2012

I purchased from the Kraus the above flooring, installed it and it looks great. I chose to use it this flooring as it was made in Sweden of hardwood glued to plywood. When I received the flooring its construction had been changed from hardwood glued to plywood to hardwood glued to man-made manufactured HDF core interlocking, manufactured in the U.S.A. Name changed to Brazilian Cherry QUITO. What's happening now is the expansion rates are different between the two materials and is under constant… Read Full Review

“Damages very easily”

Written on: 04/06/2011

Had Kahrs Milano for just over a week and, boy, does it damage easily. I regret my purchase already especially given the expense of the product. I would caution against buying Kahrs engineered flooring unless you select a style which will wear the scratches and dents. Otherwise don't have guests or children and don't drop anything ever ;-) Overall very disappointing. The other optionb I guess is not to let the normal use damage bother you… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/01/2012

Is your engineered flooring by Kahrs hardwood glued to plywood or hardwood glued to composite board like I have. In my case the composite is the problem in my opinion.
pls reply email to:; northpeace at hotmail.com

Written on: 09/11/2013

Beautiful floor and that is what gets us. It dents so badly I will use it in my new addition as a subfloor and eventually cover it with something else. I have it in my remodeled kitchen and living by myself, it gets no traffic except for me. It is terrible and I'm so upset. Company refuses to admit the product is no good.

Retty's Comment

Written on: 09/11/2013

It is disappointing and I think the product is poorly designed in terms of hardiness.

I would say however that learning to accept the fragility of the product might be a good way forward.

There's a psychological process involved in accepting that the flooring can wear dents, scratches and bumps. The problem is that it doesn't wear them at all well and it really does damage too easily. But accepting the worn look can still be the best way forward.

That said I would strongly avoid potential buyers to avoid Kahrs engineered wood flooring. I would not by it again.

“Kahrs is great flooring, i cannot find fault with it,...”

Written on: 09/03/2011

Kahrs is great flooring, i cannot find fault with it, apart from being much more expensive that some other brands.....but the warranty was good and The Wood Flooring Shop had the best price we could find in london.

p.s
We bought it from TheWoodFlooringShop.com, we visited their store in West London and then order it over the phone a few days later...nice guys to deal with

Written on: 12/01/2012

Is your hardwood glued to plywood or to man made hard board like mine? I bel. if mine was glued to plywood I would be most staisfied and not have the annoying clicking/ticking noise I have after the floor rests for some time. Again I think it's the tight joint and two different materials used to make the board..Expand at different rates. Pls reply

“My Partner and i decided to redecorate our home...”

Written on: 06/09/2010

My Partner and i decided to redecorate our home recently and decided to look at purchasing wood flooring for our hallway. After much thought and weekend trips to all the flooring shops two people can take! we decided to purchase the marina range of Kahrs wood flooring from Every Floor Direct.com. we think this product looks fantastic and gives our home a real modern look, it resembles ship decking and has a modern yet old feel about it. We wanted something more original looking for our home and… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/01/2012

I beleive I wud be a happy as u. if my product would have come from Sweden, hardwood glued to plywood, as it was at the time I choose to use it. When came time to order the material come from a usa plant, hardwood mounted on man made hard board with a very tight joint. The expanasion rate is not the same. Let the floor stay overnight walk on it in the morning and all u get is Tick, tick, tick. drives on crazy<<< I feel wood on wood wud expand the same and there wud b no ticking...

“Expensive, and fragile. The installers themselves put...”

Written on: 28/08/2010

Expensive, and fragile. The installers themselves put a lot of scratches in it as they moved back and forth with their tools to install it. Since then, it scratches when you LOOK at it. I would NEVER buy this product again. My floor looks like the "before" in a "before and after ad"… Read Full Review

“Just replaced an old Kahrs Wood Flooring when...”

Written on: 23/04/2008 by thompson111 (1 review written)

Just replaced an old Kahrs Wood Flooring when remodeling with a new pre-finished Kahrs hard wood floor. Once installed it looks great and absolutely love it! The old Kahrs floor lasted forever and was incredibly durable as well… Read Full Review

391999_New Home's Response to thompson111's Review

Written on: 14/08/2008

We are looking to do a Kahrs flooring for our house, please can you recommend any good floor fitters?

☆☆☆☆☆

“hard to live with , dont have visitors, they will mark...”

Written on: 16/02/2008

hard to live with , dont have visitors, they will mark your floor, ban children, live animal free. none durauble, if you like eating at table, dont bother, you must throw your chairs away, infact you need to throw all your your furniture away, as this floor is NOT furniture friendly, it will mark your expensive floor… Read Full Review

“Kahrs wood flooring is probably the worst £1200 we...”

Written on: 17/07/2006 by sgnb (1 review written)

Kahrs wood flooring is probably the worst £1200 we have ever spent on home improvement. Although we bought it online, John Lewis sell it, so we thought it must be quality. Wrong.

This floor has visibly worn from the day it was put down. It is 20 months old and we are considering binning it. It scratches if you even breathe on it, which makes a joke of Kahrs claim for it's supposedly durable lacquer. Unless you ban young children from going anywhere near it, it will quickly acquire dents and… Read Full Review

Irezumi's Response to sgnb's Review

Written on: 21/04/2013

I have Khars Oiled wood flooring and i have very heavy Duresta furniture sitting on it. I moved the Sofa once when cleaning and the Brass Castor slipped out of the wheel cup [which has a felted bottom to protect the floor} and it rolled onto the floor. To my amazement there was hardly a mark on the floor and the little scuff came out with the rub of a duster , leaving no mark. When i bought the flooring i was told the Pro's and Con's of a lacquered finish and chose to go with oil and it has certainly paid off. I recommend to stay away from Lacquer finish and go with oil finish and it look so natural and is tactile to touch .

Sanmarcopi's reply to Irezumi's Comment

Written on: 29/04/2013

May I ask which oiled floor you installed? I am interested in installing the Kahrs Harmony Collection engineered nature oiled flooring and am hoping I will be making a good choice! Thank you.