Amigo Loan Reviews

949
  • Speed of Application

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

As of 19th March 2012 FLM Loans has changed its name to Amigo Loans.
Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

“avoid amigo at all costs!!!!”

Written on: 22/02/2017 by paDuckworth154 (1 review written)

dont put friends or family at risk from getting a ccj THEY LIE IF YOU FALL BEHIND AND GO STRAIT TO APPLING FOR A CCJ ON BOTH THE APLICANT AND THE GUARNTOR PLEASE AVOID AT ALL COSTS AND DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME THEY PRAY ON PEOPLE THAT ARE DESPRATE AND GOING THERW BAD TIMES… Read Full Review

“ral test”

Written on: 05/02/2017 by Delaneymc323 (1 review written)

I have had a loan with Amigo loans for over 3 years never missing a payment. Unfortunately I lost my job and asked Amigo Loans to let me pay a small amount as a goodwill payments and not call in a payment from my guarantor. I realise I was asking for a "favour" from Amigo loans. I contacted my other creditors who were understanding and allowed some leeway. Ago loans did not. I received a load of "waffle" about how I was a valued customer. The bottom line is that they have hounded me and my… Read Full Review

“Terrible service!”

Written on: 03/02/2017 by Jordan174 (1 review written)

Staff are disguising and impolite, never again! When offering them money to pay back my loan they refused the money and started hassling the gaurentor even though I had said I would pay and also one member of staff proceeded to shout at me down the phone and when I raised my voice because she was talking over me she then tried to threaten me with the fact calls are recorded??… Read Full Review

I agree with all of this.

Let's be honest if we are getting a guarantor loan we have not got a good credit history.

I have a couple of these loans and the other company have given me 30 day's. Amigo have totally stressed my guarantor and me with threatening e mails and calls.

I have been an Amigo customer for over 3 years. Missed one payment when lost job.

Written on: 09/02/2017

Hi both,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. If you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us with your details.

Written on: 07/02/2017

Enjoy But NEVER miss a payment as your guarantor will be hounded by calls and e mails. No help will be given. Amigo become debt collectors

“Great service ”

Written on: 04/01/2017 by Aaranallen (1 review written)

Very quick response let you no what is going on every step of the way the member of staff that dealt with me was very polite understanding and around good team member helped me set up my loan quickly. He responded to my emails straight away and kept me updated via text through the whole application. I would definitely recommend and use amigo again. And there interest rates are not ridiculous like some other loan company's as they are very informative… Read Full Review

“Suprise”

Written on: 04/01/2017 by robert77uk (1 review written)

Hi Everyone . I am Very dissipointed some of yours comments. I submitted my application on line yesterday morning . Late afternoon I recived phone call from Amigo that all is set up and me and my guarantor we are accepted. I just waiting for my money today . Fast services. Friendly and polite stuff..,, Easy application no paperwork to send . Please ! Don't leave bad reviews if you missed payments or not pay loan on time . If you not able pay monthly repayment don't take loans any more and… Read Full Review

Billythekid52's Response to robert77uk's Review

Dear Surprise
What a condescending person you are. You should stick to criticising Amigo Loans not other people.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were related to some body at Amigo.
Try to be constructive not condescending.

Robert77Uk's reply to Billythekid52's Comment

Hello!

I do not have to criticising them . I am Very Happy from services they provided to me. I didn't have any problem with application and next day I get money .
That's all . I am only customer and I am not related to some body at Amigo !

“Worst finance company I've ever dealt with DONT USE”

Written on: 07/12/2016 by Deb6789 (1 review written)

I went guarantor for my stepdaughter who then struggled to make payments. As she was struggling to make payments I had to make the payments which I did via bank transfer. They then sent ME a letter saying they were taking me to court so I rang them they were rude vile individuals to deal with not to mention thick as two short planks !! Was a completely pointless conversation with an idiot explained to him I had paid and he said it didn't matter it had gone to court and he never had a… Read Full Review

Billythekid52's Response to Deb6789's Review

Totally agree.
Bailiffs in dinner jackets. Just want your money. Absolutely no way they will listen to anything but KERCHING

Amigoloans's Response to Deb6789's Review

Written on: 09/02/2017

Hi Deb6789, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience.

Court action is only ever considered when all other options to come to a reasonable resolution have been exhausted. If a borrower is unable to pay, we will do what we can to come to a fair and realistic payment arrangement with them. It is only if this isn't possible that we would look to the guarantor. If you were making payments and we were still considering court action, then this means that your payments were not clearing the amount that was outstanding and we were unable to speak to you to arrange a solution. While we appreciate that you are the guarantor, you still have a liability to the debt and a responsibility to pay any arrears if the borrower can't, or contact us if you're not able to. We would have been trying to contact you to explain this, definitely by regular letter updates, but also by text, phone and email, depending on your contact preferences.

Saying this, it is important to us that all our customers are happy with the service they receive and if you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us with your details.

“should be closed down”

Written on: 06/12/2016 by 470Blake (1 review written)

rude, pushy unsympathetic should be closed down, lots of interest added after each payment. after bereavement lots of calls, letters,only interested in money. every body should avoid this company and they should be investigated… Read Full Review

Written on: 13/12/2016

Written on: 05/02/2017

They are good at threatening people. Bad at listening.
Nice little comment from them when the damage has been done.

“very unsympathetic and just dont seem to care!!”

Written on: 24/11/2016 by KEVCROSS (1 review written)

me and my wife have an ongoing account with amigo loans, we have allways paid on time and never gave them any problems. me wife recently lost her job which has put us in a position where we could not afford to pay back a massive 300 pounds a month.. rather than just defaulting we rang to sort some sort of arrangement where we could maybe lower or skip a couple of payments as my wife was due to start a new job....however amigo loans would not help and was apparently unable to arrange… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to KEVCROSS's Review

Written on: 25/11/2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Please just email us with your details.

Billythekid52's Response to KEVCROSS's Review

Exactly my experience.
Lost my job and all my other creditors listened to me and took a lower payment.
NOT AMIGO. The same day I spoke to them they started ringing my guarantor. They have been every day since. The stress levels they cause are enormous.
The e mail below from them means nothing. They send these to me and then will not listen
Bailiffs in dinner jackets
ALL SHOULD STAY AWAY

“terrible”

Written on: 23/11/2016 by toby3000 (1 review written)

really bad company you pay your monthly payment then they put loads of interest back on so the loan never comes down and if you miss one payment they keep on and on leters every 3 days phone calls hourly they send emails saying they will help they don't so avoid avoid terrible company… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to toby3000's Review

Written on: 25/11/2016

Hi,

Thanks for your comments about Amigo, and we're sorry you’re not completely happy with us.

Interest accrues on our loans daily and so more interest accrues on the loan at the beginning of the loan term, when the balance is at it's highest. This may make it seem like your repayments aren't having much of an impact at the start, but, as the balance reduces, so will the amount of interest accruing and so your repayments will start to have a bigger impact on what's outstanding. If you're able to, you can make over payments or early payments and this will help to reduce the outstanding balance quicker, reducing the amount of interest that accrues.

With regards to our contact when a loan falls behind, we endeavour to ensure that any contact made it reasonable and proportionate to the state of the account. If you don't feel this has happened we'd be happy to look in to this for you.

Please just email us with your details.

Written on: 05/02/2017

Have you seen the comments on the official site. They go contrary to my experience and of lots of other people on their sit
STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE CERTAIN YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES WILL NEVER CHANGE

Written on: 05/02/2017

They are useless when something goes wrong

“ignorant, rude, pushy people”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by emswilli (1 review written)

my monthly payments are due on the 23rd of every month, because I was 2 days late they cancelled my direct debit and said I was going to be a card payer now, didn't bother me as I knew I would have money in the bank for that date, today they took money out of my account and left me £21 in my account and I have a direct debit tomorrow going out and a wedding on Saturday, I now can't pay the d/d and have cancelled the hotel for the wedding and will not be going to my niece's wedding as we can't… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to emswilli's Review

Written on: 23/11/2016

Emswilli's reply to Amigoloans's Comment

Written on: 23/11/2016

no, as we lost the chance to go to our nieces wedding last Saturday, lost £190 on our hotel booking, spent £600 on clothes for the wedding and you weren't bothered, not even an apology or any compensation on loosing the money, had a chat with the FCA and they said to have a chat with the financial ombudsman, which i'm doing today

“Bereavement ”

Written on: 31/10/2016 by Yatesxn392 (1 review written)

A member of my family has taken his life and we are trying to deal with the loss. The red letters are now pouring in with threats we're expected to pay off. That was a contract signed between you and him. No matter how bad your life is you never can afford to pay them back. You'll never get your house now, because you won't be here. The last thing anyone needs is a barrage of threatening emails when all you want is the earth to swallow you up. No, I will not be recommending Amigo Loans. No… Read Full Review

“Ruins your chance of getting a mortgage”

Written on: 29/09/2016 by cbMyers219 (1 review written)

easy to get but once this is on your credit file mortgage lenders will avoid you. I got one to build credit and when I wanted to get a mortgage my advises found it hard to get me a good deal, minimum deposit they will take is 15% so if your looking to buy a house within a year or so avoid… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/10/2016

Hi there, Thank you for leaving your comments.

As a borrower, we will have reported back to your credit file each month on how you were managing your loan. As with any item of credit visible on your credit file, this may impact the decisions other lenders make when deciding whether to accept you for credit, however, Amigo cannot be responsible for the decisions of other lenders.

If you have been paying your loan on time, this will have been reported back to your credit file and should have helped to improve the impression other lenders have of your ability to manage credit. This is one of the reasons we consistently get voted 'Best Credit Builder' at the MoneyNet awards. However, each lender has different lending criteria and we are not able to predict how each lender will interpret the information on your credit file.

Thanks, the Amigo Loans team

“Excellent customer service ”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by Oliveoil64 (1 review written)

I would just like to say how impressed and efficient the staff where at keeping me and my guarantaur informed throughout the whole process of applying to confirming that every thing was all sorted. Friendly on the phone followed up by email and text. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family,they came up trumps for me when my own bank would not oblige... Thanks Amigo loans… Read Full Review

Dawnpett's Response to Oliveoil64's Review

Written on: 02/12/2016

I am needing a loan and have terrible credit so my son will be my guarantor. I am hoping Amigo can help me out but after reading
some of these e mails I was about to give up in finding someone
with something good to say. We all know the consequences about
loans and even when we read the blurb it doesn't sink in all you think
about is getting the cash, but when the **** hits the fan, that's where
the problems are lying I find. So it's been a good thing reading these
and I will have a think about it.

Billythekid52's reply to Dawnpett's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2017

My opinion would be DO NOT GO NEAR AMIGO. Unless you can be sure your circumstances WILL NEVER CHANGE.
M

Billythekid52's reply to Dawnpett's Comment

M

“bigest bullies ive ever come accross”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by ShirleyMcCarty256 (1 review written)

got a loan with this company missed payment due to serious illness had to go on sick from work they have threatened me and my guarantor they have been very nasty to me over the phone worst loan company I have ever had do not have any dealings they will make your life a living hell… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2016

Hi,, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

Written on: 05/02/2017

Exactly what happened to me. They will not even listen. They have hounded me and my guarantor.

“Discriminate disabilities”

Written on: 15/09/2016 by Angrymummy.com (1 review written)

I was disgusted by the staff who dealt with my 19 year old daughters application. Yes she receives DLA, yes she has a disability however, does this affect her application? Apparently so! With enough income to pay back the monthly fee of £123.69, her credit score immaculate, with nanny as guarantor...a home owner with excellent credit I cant understand why after many phone calls, emails of acceptance she suddenly fails their criteria. I shall certainly be taking this further under the… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Angrymummy.com's Review

Written on: 20/09/2016

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. We'd like to assure you that we'd never discriminate against a customer due to a disability. We have a number of thorough checks in place to ensure we are paying out a loan responsibly. This includes identity checks, affordability checks, security checks and checks to make sure both borrower and guarantor understand their responsibilities, and are happy to continue.
If a customer fails any of these checks then we may pause, or completely stop, an application. This is because failing our checks can be a sign that it may not be in the best interests of that customer to accept them for a loan. Having a disability would not prevent us from accepting a customer, but if this disability impacted the customer's understanding, or ability to manage a loan, we may have to complete further checks to ensure that paying out the loan is really the best option.
Each customer with a disability also needs to pass our other checks, just like any other customer, again to ensure that we're doing the right thing paying out a loan.

Billythekid52's Response to Angrymummy.com's Review

Written on: 05/02/2017

Best of luck. Seems a poor position

“Best customer service”

Written on: 15/09/2016

I have recently taken a top up loan from Amigo, and from start to finish all members of the team and management couldn't of been more helpfull or done enough to make sure everything was done as quickly as possible. Working in a call center myself I think I know a bit about customer service and great customer service is what I got from Amigo. 100% I would recommend them to anyone looking for a guarantor loan. Amigo keep you up to date on everything to do with your loan request and communicate… Read Full Review

“Superb service !”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by Middletonos26 (1 review written)

Amigo loans are just the best They offer a simple method of application and a transparent systematic review of your spending and affordability I would highly recommend this company and are way above any other on sheer customer care !!! … Read Full Review

“Don't do it ”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by ameen27 (13 reviews written)

Hi, I would like to make everybody aware of this company. They are VERY non negotiable and will take any means, including court action to recover the smallest of sums if the payment plan cannot be met, they will not even allow a slightly reduced repayment plan! BE WARNED, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!Please learn from my mistakes :( Please avoid this company at all costs. Don't be fooled that the money arrives quickly and they may be polite on the phone… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to ameen27's Review

Written on: 22/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Amigo experience.

We'd like to assure you that, if reasonable to do so, we will do our best to offer flexibility, should a customer find themselves unable to pay the full monthly repayment, and will explore the option of a reduced payment plan, where appropriate. Having said this, we are a responsible lender and cannot accept a payment if we know a customer can't afford to pay, or if the offer of payment is not reasonable in relation to the outstanding balance, or the customer's circumstances. While court action will sometimes be considered if we are unable to come to a reasonable resolution ourselves, this is strictly a last resort, and is only considered once all other options have been exhausted. If you believe that this has not happened in the case of your loan we would like to look in to this for you. Please email with your details to enable us to do this.

Many thanks, the Amigo Loans team

Billythekid52's Response to ameen27's Review

Written on: 05/02/2017

Exactly what happened to me.
I lost my job and asked to make a reduced payment as my other creditors allowed.
They said no and have never stopped hounding my guarantor and my self.

DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY

“Cash back amigo”

Written on: 21/06/2016 by Yair1981 (1 review written)

If you fill out the application page on tideuovercashback.co.uk site they give you £100 on completion of your loan with amigo...!!! On loans over £1000 makes great deal and you're only really borrowing £900.... Brilliantl!!!… Read Full Review

“the worst type of bullies ”

Written on: 18/05/2016 by Vaughn371 (1 review written)

My initial experience with Amigo was fine very efficient ! The problem started when I lost my job 2 yrs into a 3 yr loan . My mother acted as my guarantor as my credit score had been effected by my ex partner had taken out loans in my name . I contacted Amigo the day after I lost my job to try and set up a payment plan as I don't want them chasing my mother for payment ! They refused point blank to do this and told my the joys of there loan was if I couldn't pay my mother could ! My Incme… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2016

Hi there, thanks for posting your review of Amigo.

We're disappointed to see things didn't meet your expectations. If it would help, we’d be happy to look into what happened. Please just email us with your details.

Hovesteff's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2016

I don't think so ! Are you going to remove the charge from my mother house ? Find that very unlikely

STAY AWAY FROM AMIGO

Sandyfluff's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2016

i have been down the exact same road with this company as you, I now have a ccj and a charge on my property. i always make my ccj payments early and they even chased me the other month when i wasnt even late. As far as I am concerned they do not chase the debtor enough as they know they have you to pursue and hound and harass. We have actually paid back they original amount on the loan and more yet the charge value on my property stand at over £5000 which is more than was originally borrowed!!!!! How can this be right. The borrower has basically walked away and washed her hands of paying anything off and Amigo are letting her. We have even made offers of full and final settlements which have both been refused by Amigo , their reason was (we are only a small company ) RUBBISH!!! the owner is worth a fortune and they advertise on TV , all companies like themselves accept full and final settlements offers when people experience hardship paying back loans.Please think very carefully before taking a loan with this company.

Ziyapapa's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2016

Whats the point of a guarantee if the contingent liability is never allowed to see the light of day when needed,Its certainly a form of collateral security on which your loan was granted; it formed the material basis in granting you the loan. Otherwise it would not be worth the scrap of paper on which it was written.
You may have to note that everything done by Amigo so far (according to your account) is purely legal though it may be morally controversial from your viewpoint.
You may need to brace up for the worst, liquidation of the security asset-your mother's house.I empathise with your predicament but you need to note that all men/ women big and small are subject to the same law.May God make you strong during your hard time.