Amigo Loan Reviews

937
  • Speed of Application

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

As of 19th March 2012 FLM Loans has changed its name to Amigo Loans.
Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

“Excellent customer service ”

Written on: 19/09/2016 by Oliveoil64 (1 review written)

I would just like to say how impressed and efficient the staff where at keeping me and my guarantaur informed throughout the whole process of applying to confirming that every thing was all sorted. Friendly on the phone followed up by email and text. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family,they came up trumps for me when my own bank would not oblige... Thanks Amigo loans… Read Full Review

“bigest bullies ive ever come accross”

Written on: 16/09/2016 by ShirleyMcCarty256 (1 review written)

got a loan with this company missed payment due to serious illness had to go on sick from work they have threatened me and my guarantor they have been very nasty to me over the phone worst loan company I have ever had do not have any dealings they will make your life a living hell… Read Full Review

Written on: 20/09/2016

Hi,, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. If you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us with your details.

“Discriminate disabilities”

Written on: 15/09/2016 by Angrymummy.com (1 review written)

I was disgusted by the staff who dealt with my 19 year old daughters application. Yes she receives DLA, yes she has a disability however, does this affect her application? Apparently so! With enough income to pay back the monthly fee of £123.69, her credit score immaculate, with nanny as guarantor...a home owner with excellent credit I cant understand why after many phone calls, emails of acceptance she suddenly fails their criteria. I shall certainly be taking this further under the… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Angrymummy.com's Review

Written on: 20/09/2016

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments.

We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. We'd like to assure you that we'd never discriminate against a customer due to a disability. We have a number of thorough checks in place to ensure we are paying out a loan responsibly. This includes identity checks, affordability checks, security checks and checks to make sure both borrower and guarantor understand their responsibilities, and are happy to continue.
If a customer fails any of these checks then we may pause, or completely stop, an application. This is because failing our checks can be a sign that it may not be in the best interests of that customer to accept them for a loan. Having a disability would not prevent us from accepting a customer, but if this disability impacted the customer's understanding, or ability to manage a loan, we may have to complete further checks to ensure that paying out the loan is really the best option.
Each customer with a disability also needs to pass our other checks, just like any other customer, again to ensure that we're doing the right thing paying out a loan.

If you’d like us to, we’d be happy to look into this further for you. Please just email us at help@amigo.me with your details.

“Best customer service”

Written on: 15/09/2016

I have recently taken a top up loan from Amigo, and from start to finish all members of the team and management couldn't of been more helpfull or done enough to make sure everything was done as quickly as possible. Working in a call center myself I think I know a bit about customer service and great customer service is what I got from Amigo. 100% I would recommend them to anyone looking for a guarantor loan. Amigo keep you up to date on everything to do with your loan request and communicate… Read Full Review

“Superb service !”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by Middletonos26 (1 review written)

Amigo loans are just the best They offer a simple method of application and a transparent systematic review of your spending and affordability I would highly recommend this company and are way above any other on sheer customer care !!! … Read Full Review

“Don't do it ”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by ameen27 (13 reviews written)

Hi, I would like to make everybody aware of this company. They are VERY non negotiable and will take any means, including court action to recover the smallest of sums if the payment plan cannot be met, they will not even allow a slightly reduced repayment plan! BE WARNED, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!Please learn from my mistakes :( Please avoid this company at all costs. Don't be fooled that the money arrives quickly and they may be polite on the phone… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to ameen27's Review

Written on: 22/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Amigo experience.

We'd like to assure you that, if reasonable to do so, we will do our best to offer flexibility, should a customer find themselves unable to pay the full monthly repayment, and will explore the option of a reduced payment plan, where appropriate. Having said this, we are a responsible lender and cannot accept a payment if we know a customer can't afford to pay, or if the offer of payment is not reasonable in relation to the outstanding balance, or the customer's circumstances. While court action will sometimes be considered if we are unable to come to a reasonable resolution ourselves, this is strictly a last resort, and is only considered once all other options have been exhausted. If you believe that this has not happened in the case of your loan we would like to look in to this for you. Please email help@amigo.me with your details to enable us to do this.

Many thanks, the Amigo Loans team

“Cash back amigo”

Written on: 21/06/2016 by Yair1981 (1 review written)

If you fill out the application page on tideuovercashback.co.uk site they give you £100 on completion of your loan with amigo...!!! On loans over £1000 makes great deal and you're only really borrowing £900.... Brilliantl!!!… Read Full Review

“the worst type of bullies ”

Written on: 18/05/2016 by Vaughn371 (1 review written)

My initial experience with Amigo was fine very efficient ! The problem started when I lost my job 2 yrs into a 3 yr loan . My mother acted as my guarantor as my credit score had been effected by my ex partner had taken out loans in my name . I contacted Amigo the day after I lost my job to try and set up a payment plan as I don't want them chasing my mother for payment ! They refused point blank to do this and told my the joys of there loan was if I couldn't pay my mother could ! My Incme… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2016

Hi there, thanks for posting your review of Amigo.

We're disappointed to see things didn't meet your expectations. If it would help, we’d be happy to look into what happened. Please just email us at help@amigo.me with your details.

Hovesteff's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2016

I don't think so ! Are you going to remove the charge from my mother house ? Find that very unlikely

Sandyfluff's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2016

i have been down the exact same road with this company as you, I now have a ccj and a charge on my property. i always make my ccj payments early and they even chased me the other month when i wasnt even late. As far as I am concerned they do not chase the debtor enough as they know they have you to pursue and hound and harass. We have actually paid back they original amount on the loan and more yet the charge value on my property stand at over £5000 which is more than was originally borrowed!!!!! How can this be right. The borrower has basically walked away and washed her hands of paying anything off and Amigo are letting her. We have even made offers of full and final settlements which have both been refused by Amigo , their reason was (we are only a small company ) RUBBISH!!! the owner is worth a fortune and they advertise on TV , all companies like themselves accept full and final settlements offers when people experience hardship paying back loans.Please think very carefully before taking a loan with this company.

Ziyapapa's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2016

Whats the point of a guarantee if the contingent liability is never allowed to see the light of day when needed,Its certainly a form of collateral security on which your loan was granted; it formed the material basis in granting you the loan. Otherwise it would not be worth the scrap of paper on which it was written.
You may have to note that everything done by Amigo so far (according to your account) is purely legal though it may be morally controversial from your viewpoint.
You may need to brace up for the worst, liquidation of the security asset-your mother's house.I empathise with your predicament but you need to note that all men/ women big and small are subject to the same law.May God make you strong during your hard time.

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!”

Written on: 06/05/2016 by 452Montgomery (1 review written)

Initially, I found Amigo fantastic, the application was easy and the loan was paid out quickly. For 3 year I never missed a payment. However I when I became ill, I began to struggle financially. I contacted Amigo straight away. They refused to lower payments instead insisting they freeze the account, meaning I would be constantly in arrears and recieved endless emails and texts. I tried to set up a payment plan on numerous ocassions only to be blocked by staff. Staff insisted that I could not… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/05/2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We wanted to respond to your review as it’s really important to us that we look into any instance where a customer is unhappy with the service we've delivered and see if there's anything we can do to help, or anything we can improve.

Could you please send through your details to help@amigo.me so we can investigate this further as this is not something we want our customers to experience.

“AVOID!!!!!!”

Written on: 17/04/2016 by Guthrieth367 (1 review written)

Honestly I know that at times you can be left short & urgently need money so naturally you would look for help & unfortunately when everything else fails you may have to look for a loan! Well that's what happened to me. I took out a loan with amigo and yes they were quick and paid it out pretty quickly, but that's when I should of realised what a scheme of a company they actually were! Anyway after a few major money problems I was struggling to pay! & I literally had zero money I couldn't even… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/04/2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. I'd like to confirm that you don't need to provide an Agreement number when leaving a review on Review Centre, but if you did want us to look in to the issues raised in more detail, we would request this from you. I'd also like to assure you that, unless a review is offensive in some way, for example, if it's threatening or uses inappropriate language, a review would never be deleted.

We’d be happy to take a look at your specific case further for you. Please just email us at help@amigo.me with your details. Thanks, the Amigo Loans team

Written on: 09/05/2016

Hi Reese81's, thanks for giving us your feedback. We're sorry to hear you weren’t satisfied with our service. We expect all our agents to meet our usual high standards of service and would like to investigate any instances where this hasn't happened. Please email us at help@amigo.me with your details so we can look into this and get back to you.

Reese81's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2016

I have had the same experience. I felt bullied and harrassed into doing what they want when after years of not missing a payment, I came into difficulties due to health reason. I found the staff to be unhelpful and used bullying tactics which seriously impacted on my physical and mental health...avoid at all costs

Hovesteff's Comment

Written on: 18/05/2016

I had a similar experience! Awful company

“so far so good no issues to date”

Written on: 26/02/2016 by 313Moore (1 review written)

So in three months the repair bills to keep me on the road were well over 1k and having a massive engine and beast of a car the running costs were not justifiable as my circumstances had changed. Despite clearing all my debt and having a decent amount of expendable cash the potential to get car finance or a Loan was non existent and trying to save would be near impossible with ever little surprise breakdowns happening. I knew if I was to be able to get any sort of financial help id be hammered… Read Full Review

“not sure of them”

Written on: 05/02/2016 by errring116 (1 review written)

Not sure if I want to use them. Not sure of the reviews… Read Full Review

Mary85's Response to errring116's Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

Hi I'm feeling same I have spoke to them, they are phoning my Guarantor in morning, do they thoroughly go through you're guarantor's credit file and discuss it all like the applicants, just not sure what I think

“This company is dishonest.They ignore you, emails and...”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by zwGarza1953 (1 review written)

This company is dishonest.They ignore you, emails and calls. They sign you up, without allowing the cool off period to withdraw. They treat borrowers and guarantors with contempt. They openly lie when you tell them something. They never sent me any loans paperwork or emails, so I was none the wiser what was going on - until they want money, then they become interested. They breach the Data Protection Act, by giving me info on the borrower without their knowledge. I passed this to the borrower… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2016

Hi,

I wanted to respond to your review as it’s really important to us that we look into any instance where a customer is unhappy with the service we've delivered and see if there's anything we can do to help, or anything we can improve.

Could you please send through your details to help@amigo.me so I can investigate this further as this is not something we want our customers to experience.

Thanks,
The Amigo Loans Team

“Awful”

Written on: 30/01/2016 by AmarisQuinlan (1 review written)

So I applied for a loan over 3 days ago now and it says it's quick easy and fast? Try slow,I was suppose to get this money for the weekend and I have told this a numerous off times to the company and they have still not speeded anything up. I've had 5 different people from the company texting me in the matter of 3 days and not knowing where I am up to they just keep on sending me back to the beginning. My garantor had waited in for the past 3 days for a phone call and still hasn't received one… Read Full Review

Mary85's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2016

Hi there I'm same I applied first thing on Tuesday morning, they only just called me tonight, there calling my guarantor tomorrow, can I ask do they thoroughly discuss my guarantor's credit file with them like they do with applicant

“Amazing”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by Damario1984 (1 review written)

The two young gentleman I spoke to were most helpful and nice could not of asked for a better service.they are a credit to your company.many thanks… Read Full Review

“fantastic”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by 313Power (1 review written)

I love amigo loans. They are efficient, friendly, helpful and non-judgemental. I would highly recommend amigo to family and friends. Also, the turn around from making the application to receiving payment is quick and easy. Thanks… Read Full Review

“Ang ”

Written on: 27/11/2015

Spoke to Jazz who was professional, non judgemental and had empathy and understanding. She was clear and knew her stuff. Gave very good advice and was a pleasure to deal with… Read Full Review

“Thank you”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by Sockie (1 review written)

Thank you to Mr Asram for helping me to take my disabled son on holiday… Read Full Review

“Smooth, Smart, Slick....!”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by craigrobert (1 review written)

Applied for a loan, all approved with the help and advice from amigo loans staff , she was so friendly, asked the right questions and her kind tone on the phone was really reassuring, her product knowledge was excellent, and her calm manner was non judgemental and I felt at ease with her from start to finish, I would highly recommend this service, its smooth, smart, and slick! THANKYOU A CREDIT TO THE BRAND!… Read Full Review

“customer service ”

Written on: 24/09/2015

Fantastic customer service from a lady named jaz She was friendly helpful and explained everything clearly I am very happy with the customerservice i have received than you… Read Full Review