Amigo Loan Reviews

926
  • Speed of Application

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

As of 19th March 2012 FLM Loans has changed its name to Amigo Loans.
Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

“not sure of them”

Written on: 05/02/2016 by errring116 (1 review written)

Not sure if I want to use them. Not sure of the reviews… Read Full Review

“This company is dishonest.They ignore you, emails and...”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by zwGarza1953 (1 review written)

This company is dishonest.They ignore you, emails and calls. They sign you up, without allowing the cool off period to withdraw. They treat borrowers and guarantors with contempt. They openly lie when you tell them something. They never sent me any loans paperwork or emails, so I was none the wiser what was going on - until they want money, then they become interested. They breach the Data Protection Act, by giving me info on the borrower without their knowledge. I passed this to the borrower… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2016

Hi,

I wanted to respond to your review as it’s really important to us that we look into any instance where a customer is unhappy with the service we've delivered and see if there's anything we can do to help, or anything we can improve.

Could you please send through your details to help@amigo.me so I can investigate this further as this is not something we want our customers to experience.

The Amigo Loans Team

“Awful”

Written on: 30/01/2016 by AmarisQuinlan (1 review written)

So I applied for a loan over 3 days ago now and it says it's quick easy and fast? Try slow,I was suppose to get this money for the weekend and I have told this a numerous off times to the company and they have still not speeded anything up. I've had 5 different people from the company texting me in the matter of 3 days and not knowing where I am up to they just keep on sending me back to the beginning. My garantor had waited in for the past 3 days for a phone call and still hasn't received one… Read Full Review

“Amazing”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by Damario1984 (1 review written)

The two young gentleman I spoke to were most helpful and nice could not of asked for a better service.they are a credit to your company.many thanks… Read Full Review

“fantastic”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by 313Power (1 review written)

I love amigo loans. They are efficient, friendly, helpful and non-judgemental. I would highly recommend amigo to family and friends. Also, the turn around from making the application to receiving payment is quick and easy. Thanks… Read Full Review

“Ang ”

Written on: 27/11/2015

Spoke to Jazz who was professional, non judgemental and had empathy and understanding. She was clear and knew her stuff. Gave very good advice and was a pleasure to deal with… Read Full Review

“Thank you”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by Sockie (1 review written)

Thank you to Mr Asram for helping me to take my disabled son on holiday… Read Full Review

“Smooth, Smart, Slick....!”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by craigrobert (1 review written)

Applied for a loan, all approved with the help and advice from amigo loans staff , she was so friendly, asked the right questions and her kind tone on the phone was really reassuring, her product knowledge was excellent, and her calm manner was non judgemental and I felt at ease with her from start to finish, I would highly recommend this service, its smooth, smart, and slick! THANKYOU A CREDIT TO THE BRAND!… Read Full Review

“customer service ”

Written on: 24/09/2015

Fantastic customer service from a lady named jaz She was friendly helpful and explained everything clearly I am very happy with the customerservice i have received than you… Read Full Review

“No help at all”

Written on: 20/09/2015 by Ecphillips (1 review written)

I have been with amigo for 5 years and up until recently I have payed on time in full amount . My circumstances changed 3 months ago with my money going down a lot I have spoke to numerous people working in amigo to offer £20 a week but they still want me to make the contract payments when I clearly told them I am struggling . I have 4 children and a single parent . I have asked to speak to a manager or supervisor but am still waiting. They would take your last penny as long as they have their… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Ecphillips's Review

Written on: 01/10/2015

Hello,

My name is Alex and I work for Amigo. I wanted to respond to your review, as it’s clear you’re not happy and I’d like to try and help you.

I will ask one of our operations managers to look into your case as we do not want our customers feeling like this. If you could please email your details to me, I’d be more than happy to look into your account, as we'd never make you pay more than you can afford.

Ecphillips's reply to Amigoloans's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2015

What details do u need

Amigoloans's reply to Ecphillips's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2015

Hi there,

Could you please send through your name, contact details, postcode and agreement number (if you still have it).

Thanks

“Horrible company ”

Written on: 17/09/2015 by Cjane23 (1 review written)

I recently lost my job which was not my fault. I went out and got a part time job in the same week but obviously my wages were affected a lot! I have 2 loans one with amigo and one with ukcredit, when I called ukcredit to ask to reduce my payments slightly they were more than happy to help but amigo loans are vile they do not care at all!! They expect somebody to live on 50 a month this includes travel to interviews to get back on track and all he could do was repeat himself over and over… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Cjane23's Review

Written on: 01/10/2015

Hi, my name is Eleanor and I work for Amigo. I wanted to get in touch, as it's clear you're not happy and I'd like to look into exactly what happened, to make you feel like this.

Please may you send your details to us and I will have your case investigated, to see what's happened as we would never make you pay more than you can afford.

Eleanor

“Brilliant”

Written on: 15/09/2015 by Craddos (1 review written)

Sally was very helpful & fantastic at her job… Read Full Review

“Dodgy practises.”

Written on: 30/08/2015 by RaelynnLarson (1 review written)

I've never missed a payment, but after seeing how much interest I'm paying and that a very minimal amount goes towards my final balance for the loan, and the fact they will register a stake in your PROPERTY and take that once you sell your house, these guys are clearly scumbags. I wish death upon each and every member of staff… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2015

Hello, my name’s Alex and I work at Amigo. I wanted to respond to your review as it is clear you are not happy and I wanted to try and explain the situation.

In your review, you mention that you're not happy because you feel that only a minimal amount of your monthly repayment goes towards the balance of the loan.

Just to explain, as interest is charged daily, at the start of the loan (when your balance is higher), a higher portion of your payment goes towards interest. Towards the end of the loan, a lower portion of your payments goes towards the interest.

This is how interest works on most loans, not just ours, as it’s charged daily. Daily interest won't affect the total amount of interest you pay, which was agreed before the loan was paid out and will remain the same as long as payments continue to be made in line with your agreement.

As long as payments continue to be made in line with your agreement, you will only pay the amount of interest agreed, unless you make extra payments, or pay your loan off early, which will mean you should actually pay less than was agreed before the loan was paid out.

You also mentioned that we take a stake in a customer's property and take that once they sell their house. It sounds like you're referring to charging orders, which can only be issued by a County Court. Charging orders are only ever used when a loan has been in arrears for a significant period of time and we have explored all other possibilities to agree a reasonable payment plan.

If you'd like me to look into your account further, to find out exactly what happened, please email us and I will have your case investigated.

Thanks

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 13/08/2015 by CAZ1069 (1 review written)

STAFF ARE RUDE AND PATRONISING,CLEARED OFF LOAN AND THEY ARE STILL TRYING TO GET MONEY OFF MY BANK DESPITE CANCELLED DIRECT DEBIT,UNBELIEVABLE,THE INTEREST THEY CHARGE IS A JOKE, A LEGAL LOAN SHARK IN EVERY SHAPE AND FORM I KNOW AS A SINGLE, WORKING PARENT HOW DIFFICULT IT CAN BE TO MANAGE....TRY AND SAVE AND GIVE TO SOMEONE YOU TRUST, THATS HOW I MANAGED TO PAY OFF LOAN… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to CAZ1069's Review

Written on: 04/09/2015

Hello, my name’s Eleanor and I work at Amigo. I wanted to respond as it is clear you are not happy and I'd like to look into exactly what happened to make you feel like this.

Firstly, I am sorry you found our staff rude and patronising. This is not something we deem as acceptable and I’d like to to get one of our managers to look into the call and find out what's happened as we don't want our customers to feel like this.

If the loan has been cleared, then there would be no reason for us to try and get money from yourself as there would be no money owed. If you would like me to look into your case further, please email your details to me.

Eleanor @ Amigo

“procedure staff communication excellant”

Written on: 30/06/2015 by Johnlee1878 (1 review written)

I went to amigo after seeing numerous adverts on tv and not having the best credit history it was the perfect match the online application was so simple the after care with my application was also first rate, I spoke to numerous advisor who all had there qualities but I must pay special praise to them all the way through the process she kept me informed of everything she was professional throughout very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease with every moment we spoke all in all a pleasant… Read Full Review

“Excellent Service”

Written on: 22/06/2015 by newcastle1966 (2 reviews written)

There are many loans companies out there,but this company stands out by a million miles,I was recommended them by a friend and they did everything to help me.I did not have the best credit rating but they helped me through every process and made sure I could afford it,the staff were non judgemental of my history,they were polite and efficient,my guarantor is not English but they got over the language barrier etc and made her feel at ease,payed out so quickly...Thank you… Read Full Review

“Hidden charges”

Written on: 26/05/2015 by Immanuelk1 (1 review written)

Got to the end of the loan, payed the 24 repayments on time and found out i still owed 500 pounds. Amigos explanation is because i changed the repaymnet date to later in the month the intrest accrued. Do they not make enough out of us with the astronomical intrest rate? Be warned, even though i payed the amount specified within the loan agreenment, within the 24 months specified i still owe them 500 pounds, if it wasnt for the fact they would charge the guarantoor i would rather end up in… Read Full Review

Written on: 29/05/2015

Hi there,

My name's Scott, I work at Amigo. I wanted to reply to your review, as it's clear you're not happy and that you feel there were hidden charges attached to your loan, so I wanted to take the time to try to explain the situation.

To explain, we charge interest daily. This means that when you make an early payment or pay your loan off early, you'll pay slightly less interest, but if you move your payment date to later in the month, you'd pay more interest, as your balance would remain higher for longer.

This is the way that interest is calculated. It's not something we're adding to your loan as a charge. In fact, we don't charge any fees for applying for a loan, making a late payment, or repaying your loan early.

If you'd like me to arrange for someone to call you, to talk you through exactly what's happened, just send me your contact detail to help@amigo.me and I'll arrange for one of the team to call you.

Scott @ Amigo

“dont top up”

Written on: 20/05/2015 by Kysonw276 (1 review written)

Used amigo because no one else could help me,got £5000,,everything going well until id made about ten payments and they offered me a loan to top up to £5000 again,stupidly I took the £700 and then my repayments were reduced so all I was paying back was nearly all interest bar a couple of quid..a year passed paying on time but only payed back about £200 off the loan !!! got quite depressing,,lucky for me I came in to a bit of money and have now payed it off,,so don't get a top up if your… Read Full Review

“Very happy with service”

Written on: 30/04/2015 by VincentPollock (1 review written)

Very polite adviser and easy to understand them Hardly recommend to my friend… Read Full Review

“Awesome service!”

Written on: 27/04/2015 by CharliePereira (1 review written)

Awesome and friendly service, highly recommend. Willing to make sure that you are not "in over your head" about their loans and repayments, making sure you have the best options available. Offers one of the lowest APR for loans. The website is clear and concise, accessing your account couldn't be more simply. If I ever need a loan again, it will be through Amigo loans. Honestly cannot think of any cons with using this service… Read Full Review