Amigo Loan Reviews

933
  • Speed of Application

Comment from Review Centre

Note from Review Centre.

As of 19th March 2012 FLM Loans has changed its name to Amigo Loans.
Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

“Superb service !”

Written on: 13/08/2016 by Middletonos26 (1 review written)

Amigo loans are just the best They offer a simple method of application and a transparent systematic review of your spending and affordability I would highly recommend this company and are way above any other on sheer customer care !!! … Read Full Review

“Don't do it ”

Written on: 13/07/2016 by ameen27 (13 reviews written)

Hi, I would like to make everybody aware of this company. They are VERY non negotiable and will take any means, including court action to recover the smallest of sums if the payment plan cannot be met, they will not even allow a slightly reduced repayment plan! BE WARNED, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!!Please learn from my mistakes :( Please avoid this company at all costs. Don't be fooled that the money arrives quickly and they may be polite on the phone… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to ameen27's Review

Written on: 22/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, we're sorry to hear that you're unhappy with your Amigo experience.

We'd like to assure you that, if reasonable to do so, we will do our best to offer flexibility, should a customer find themselves unable to pay the full monthly repayment, and will explore the option of a reduced payment plan, where appropriate. Having said this, we are a responsible lender and cannot accept a payment if we know a customer can't afford to pay, or if the offer of payment is not reasonable in relation to the outstanding balance, or the customer's circumstances. While court action will sometimes be considered if we are unable to come to a reasonable resolution ourselves, this is strictly a last resort, and is only considered once all other options have been exhausted. If you believe that this has not happened in the case of your loan we would like to look in to this for you. Please email help@amigo.me with your details to enable us to do this.

Many thanks, the Amigo Loans team

“Cash back amigo”

Written on: 21/06/2016 by Yair1981 (1 review written)

If you fill out the application page on tideuovercashback.co.uk site they give you £100 on completion of your loan with amigo...!!! On loans over £1000 makes great deal and you're only really borrowing £900.... Brilliantl!!!… Read Full Review

“the worst type of bullies ”

Written on: 18/05/2016 by Vaughn371 (1 review written)

My initial experience with Amigo was fine very efficient ! The problem started when I lost my job 2 yrs into a 3 yr loan . My mother acted as my guarantor as my credit score had been effected by my ex partner had taken out loans in my name . I contacted Amigo the day after I lost my job to try and set up a payment plan as I don't want them chasing my mother for payment ! They refused point blank to do this and told my the joys of there loan was if I couldn't pay my mother could ! My Incme… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2016

Hi there, thanks for posting your review of Amigo.

We're disappointed to see things didn't meet your expectations. If it would help, we’d be happy to look into what happened. Please just email us at help@amigo.me with your details.

Written on: 26/05/2016

I don't think so ! Are you going to remove the charge from my mother house ? Find that very unlikely

Sandyfluff's Comment

Written on: 07/07/2016

i have been down the exact same road with this company as you, I now have a ccj and a charge on my property. i always make my ccj payments early and they even chased me the other month when i wasnt even late. As far as I am concerned they do not chase the debtor enough as they know they have you to pursue and hound and harass. We have actually paid back they original amount on the loan and more yet the charge value on my property stand at over £5000 which is more than was originally borrowed!!!!! How can this be right. The borrower has basically walked away and washed her hands of paying anything off and Amigo are letting her. We have even made offers of full and final settlements which have both been refused by Amigo , their reason was (we are only a small company ) RUBBISH!!! the owner is worth a fortune and they advertise on TV , all companies like themselves accept full and final settlements offers when people experience hardship paying back loans.Please think very carefully before taking a loan with this company.

Ziyapapa's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2016

Whats the point of a guarantee if the contingent liability is never allowed to see the light of day when needed,Its certainly a form of collateral security on which your loan was granted; it formed the material basis in granting you the loan. Otherwise it would not be worth the scrap of paper on which it was written.
You may have to note that everything done by Amigo so far (according to your account) is purely legal though it may be morally controversial from your viewpoint.
You may need to brace up for the worst, liquidation of the security asset-your mother's house.I empathise with your predicament but you need to note that all men/ women big and small are subject to the same law.May God make you strong during your hard time.

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!”

Written on: 06/05/2016 by 452Montgomery (1 review written)

Initially, I found Amigo fantastic, the application was easy and the loan was paid out quickly. For 3 year I never missed a payment. However I when I became ill, I began to struggle financially. I contacted Amigo straight away. They refused to lower payments instead insisting they freeze the account, meaning I would be constantly in arrears and recieved endless emails and texts. I tried to set up a payment plan on numerous ocassions only to be blocked by staff. Staff insisted that I could not… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/05/2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We wanted to respond to your review as it’s really important to us that we look into any instance where a customer is unhappy with the service we've delivered and see if there's anything we can do to help, or anything we can improve.

Could you please send through your details to help@amigo.me so we can investigate this further as this is not something we want our customers to experience.

“AVOID!!!!!!”

Written on: 17/04/2016 by Guthrieth367 (1 review written)

Honestly I know that at times you can be left short & urgently need money so naturally you would look for help & unfortunately when everything else fails you may have to look for a loan! Well that's what happened to me. I took out a loan with amigo and yes they were quick and paid it out pretty quickly, but that's when I should of realised what a scheme of a company they actually were! Anyway after a few major money problems I was struggling to pay! & I literally had zero money I couldn't even… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/04/2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We're sorry you weren’t happy with the Amigo experience. I'd like to confirm that you don't need to provide an Agreement number when leaving a review on Review Centre, but if you did want us to look in to the issues raised in more detail, we would request this from you. I'd also like to assure you that, unless a review is offensive in some way, for example, if it's threatening or uses inappropriate language, a review would never be deleted.

We’d be happy to take a look at your specific case further for you. Please just email us at help@amigo.me with your details. Thanks, the Amigo Loans team

Written on: 09/05/2016

Hi Reese81's, thanks for giving us your feedback. We're sorry to hear you weren’t satisfied with our service. We expect all our agents to meet our usual high standards of service and would like to investigate any instances where this hasn't happened. Please email us at help@amigo.me with your details so we can look into this and get back to you.

Reese81's Comment

Written on: 06/05/2016

I have had the same experience. I felt bullied and harrassed into doing what they want when after years of not missing a payment, I came into difficulties due to health reason. I found the staff to be unhelpful and used bullying tactics which seriously impacted on my physical and mental health...avoid at all costs

Written on: 18/05/2016

I had a similar experience! Awful company

“so far so good no issues to date”

Written on: 26/02/2016 by 313Moore (1 review written)

So in three months the repair bills to keep me on the road were well over 1k and having a massive engine and beast of a car the running costs were not justifiable as my circumstances had changed. Despite clearing all my debt and having a decent amount of expendable cash the potential to get car finance or a Loan was non existent and trying to save would be near impossible with ever little surprise breakdowns happening. I knew if I was to be able to get any sort of financial help id be hammered… Read Full Review

“not sure of them”

Written on: 05/02/2016 by errring116 (1 review written)

Not sure if I want to use them. Not sure of the reviews… Read Full Review

Mary85's Response to errring116's Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

Hi I'm feeling same I have spoke to them, they are phoning my Guarantor in morning, do they thoroughly go through you're guarantor's credit file and discuss it all like the applicants, just not sure what I think

“This company is dishonest.They ignore you, emails and...”

Written on: 01/02/2016 by zwGarza1953 (1 review written)

This company is dishonest.They ignore you, emails and calls. They sign you up, without allowing the cool off period to withdraw. They treat borrowers and guarantors with contempt. They openly lie when you tell them something. They never sent me any loans paperwork or emails, so I was none the wiser what was going on - until they want money, then they become interested. They breach the Data Protection Act, by giving me info on the borrower without their knowledge. I passed this to the borrower… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/02/2016

Hi,

I wanted to respond to your review as it’s really important to us that we look into any instance where a customer is unhappy with the service we've delivered and see if there's anything we can do to help, or anything we can improve.

Could you please send through your details to help@amigo.me so I can investigate this further as this is not something we want our customers to experience.

The Amigo Loans Team

“Awful”

Written on: 30/01/2016 by AmarisQuinlan (1 review written)

So I applied for a loan over 3 days ago now and it says it's quick easy and fast? Try slow,I was suppose to get this money for the weekend and I have told this a numerous off times to the company and they have still not speeded anything up. I've had 5 different people from the company texting me in the matter of 3 days and not knowing where I am up to they just keep on sending me back to the beginning. My garantor had waited in for the past 3 days for a phone call and still hasn't received one… Read Full Review

Mary85's Comment

Written on: 11/02/2016

Hi there I'm same I applied first thing on Tuesday morning, they only just called me tonight, there calling my guarantor tomorrow, can I ask do they thoroughly discuss my guarantor's credit file with them like they do with applicant

“Amazing”

Written on: 14/12/2015 by Damario1984 (1 review written)

The two young gentleman I spoke to were most helpful and nice could not of asked for a better service.they are a credit to your company.many thanks… Read Full Review

“fantastic”

Written on: 07/12/2015 by 313Power (1 review written)

I love amigo loans. They are efficient, friendly, helpful and non-judgemental. I would highly recommend amigo to family and friends. Also, the turn around from making the application to receiving payment is quick and easy. Thanks… Read Full Review

“Ang ”

Written on: 27/11/2015

Spoke to Jazz who was professional, non judgemental and had empathy and understanding. She was clear and knew her stuff. Gave very good advice and was a pleasure to deal with… Read Full Review

“Thank you”

Written on: 20/10/2015 by Sockie (1 review written)

Thank you to Mr Asram for helping me to take my disabled son on holiday… Read Full Review

“Smooth, Smart, Slick....!”

Written on: 13/10/2015 by craigrobert (1 review written)

Applied for a loan, all approved with the help and advice from amigo loans staff , she was so friendly, asked the right questions and her kind tone on the phone was really reassuring, her product knowledge was excellent, and her calm manner was non judgemental and I felt at ease with her from start to finish, I would highly recommend this service, its smooth, smart, and slick! THANKYOU A CREDIT TO THE BRAND!… Read Full Review

“customer service ”

Written on: 24/09/2015

Fantastic customer service from a lady named jaz She was friendly helpful and explained everything clearly I am very happy with the customerservice i have received than you… Read Full Review

“No help at all”

Written on: 20/09/2015 by Ecphillips (1 review written)

I have been with amigo for 5 years and up until recently I have payed on time in full amount . My circumstances changed 3 months ago with my money going down a lot I have spoke to numerous people working in amigo to offer £20 a week but they still want me to make the contract payments when I clearly told them I am struggling . I have 4 children and a single parent . I have asked to speak to a manager or supervisor but am still waiting. They would take your last penny as long as they have their… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Ecphillips's Review

Written on: 01/10/2015

Hello,

My name is Alex and I work for Amigo. I wanted to respond to your review, as it’s clear you’re not happy and I’d like to try and help you.

I will ask one of our operations managers to look into your case as we do not want our customers feeling like this. If you could please email your details to me, I’d be more than happy to look into your account, as we'd never make you pay more than you can afford.

Ecphillips's reply to Amigoloans's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2015

What details do u need

Amigoloans's reply to Ecphillips's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2015

Hi there,

Could you please send through your name, contact details, postcode and agreement number (if you still have it).

Thanks

“Horrible company ”

Written on: 17/09/2015 by Cjane23 (1 review written)

I recently lost my job which was not my fault. I went out and got a part time job in the same week but obviously my wages were affected a lot! I have 2 loans one with amigo and one with ukcredit, when I called ukcredit to ask to reduce my payments slightly they were more than happy to help but amigo loans are vile they do not care at all!! They expect somebody to live on 50 a month this includes travel to interviews to get back on track and all he could do was repeat himself over and over… Read Full Review

Amigoloans's Response to Cjane23's Review

Written on: 01/10/2015

Hi, my name is Eleanor and I work for Amigo. I wanted to get in touch, as it's clear you're not happy and I'd like to look into exactly what happened, to make you feel like this.

Please may you send your details to us and I will have your case investigated, to see what's happened as we would never make you pay more than you can afford.

Eleanor

“Brilliant”

Written on: 15/09/2015 by Craddos (1 review written)

Sally was very helpful & fantastic at her job… Read Full Review

Mary85's Response to Craddos's Review

Written on: 11/02/2016

Could I ask what questions do they ask you're guarantor? Is it same as applicants do they go through there credit file thoroughly

“Dodgy practises.”

Written on: 30/08/2015 by RaelynnLarson (1 review written)

I've never missed a payment, but after seeing how much interest I'm paying and that a very minimal amount goes towards my final balance for the loan, and the fact they will register a stake in your PROPERTY and take that once you sell your house, these guys are clearly scumbags. I wish death upon each and every member of staff… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/09/2015

Hello, my name’s Alex and I work at Amigo. I wanted to respond to your review as it is clear you are not happy and I wanted to try and explain the situation.

In your review, you mention that you're not happy because you feel that only a minimal amount of your monthly repayment goes towards the balance of the loan.

Just to explain, as interest is charged daily, at the start of the loan (when your balance is higher), a higher portion of your payment goes towards interest. Towards the end of the loan, a lower portion of your payments goes towards the interest.

This is how interest works on most loans, not just ours, as it’s charged daily. Daily interest won't affect the total amount of interest you pay, which was agreed before the loan was paid out and will remain the same as long as payments continue to be made in line with your agreement.

As long as payments continue to be made in line with your agreement, you will only pay the amount of interest agreed, unless you make extra payments, or pay your loan off early, which will mean you should actually pay less than was agreed before the loan was paid out.

You also mentioned that we take a stake in a customer's property and take that once they sell their house. It sounds like you're referring to charging orders, which can only be issued by a County Court. Charging orders are only ever used when a loan has been in arrears for a significant period of time and we have explored all other possibilities to agree a reasonable payment plan.

If you'd like me to look into your account further, to find out exactly what happened, please email us and I will have your case investigated.

Thanks

Written on: 18/05/2016

Utter rubbish ! I made reduced payments every month following losing my job ! U pushed for. Ccj I even went throught mediation and you refused the offers ! A ccj was awarded and I have never missed a payment and you still attached a charge to my guarantors house !