Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection Reviews

• Quality

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection - Ask a question now

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“BAD SYSTEM AND EVEN WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Written on: 17/12/2014 by Ross317 (1 review written)

I don't normally write reviews, good or bad for that matter. I like to deal directly with the company I am having issues with in order to get them resolved. I am a true believer that good word of mouth is still the strongest advertising any company can do to help themselves – a reference from someone you know will pay in dividends! And as I mentioned to them, every President of every company should be very wary of bad word of mouth – it travels so much faster than any other type of… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Run Away as Fast as You Can from these guys!!!!!!!”

Written on: 19/10/2013 by conelou (1 review written)

We were sold this mess at an expo and wished we had seen the reviews before we WASTED OUR MONEY!!! It is nothing like they promise. If you are attempting to merge from QuickBooks POS it is a nightmare. The only thing that they transfer over to Kennel Connection is your clients first and last name. THAT IS IT. You will have to re-enter ALL of your inventory items and customer history, pet and employee information. Then when you try to link Kennel Connection to your financial software, prepare… Read Full Review

Bluecrystal's Response to conelou's Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

As we explained to you, if you do not give us the appropriate data to convert, how can we do it? We can only convert what you give us, and if it is incorrect, or incomplete, and you don't provide the additional requested information, there is nothing more we can do.

Regarding the QuickBooks link, you had three errors. Your QB software was missing three accounts that it needed. We told you how to add them easily, but you refused.

Conelou's reply to Bluecrystal's Comment

Written on: 22/01/2014

Have you noticed that there are MANY other complaints regarding your company? It seems that there are other individuals that have had issues with your company! You are all about the sale and not about any customer service following TAKING our money. You have no return policies for any reason and when you are contacted regarding continuing problems with your software we are told "If we gave everyone that wanted a refund their money back we would go out of business."
At your booth you are all about the sale and there was no mention of any free trial period available. The reports that are generated from your software look like something a child would create and promises are made from your personnel that are strictly fiction. I don't know how you sleep at night knowing that you are deceiving so many people and taking their hard earned money with no regard of the consequences that it causes. You should be ashamed!

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Complete and utter garbage”

Written on: 15/09/2013 by Kennelconnectionvictim (1 review written)

Overly complicated, expensive and pretty much useless. The staff are rude and won't even talk to you before making you pay for an update than will just make your life harder. Thanks once again Kennel Conmection for costing my business time and money spent on your garbage software. I'm off to buy a pencil and a calendar for $3 that will be more reliable… Read Full Review

Bluecrystal's Response to Kennelconnectionvictim's Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

Our software comes with one year of support, which includes updates. You needed an update to the software, and your support expired seven years prior (six of which we gave you support and updates for free), but we needed to draw the line. How long would you allow one of your clients to keep coming back for free services before you said enough? We're willing to bet a lot less than six years.

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“absoluthtely NO support without more money.”

Written on: 06/07/2013 by Vacheron (1 review written)

The support for Blue Crystal Software Kennel Software is humorous. I have owned this software for 10 years after the first 3 years the calendar section has not worked properly. When I called for support they couldn't tell me the problem or fix it so I have lived that way while looking for other software. Recently, I am updating my prices, so I can transfer them into the other software I have purchased and it will not let us enter that section. We called and they said we had to UPGRADE… Read Full Review

Bluecrystal's Response to Vacheron's Review

Written on: 16/08/2013

This is Mark, the owner of Blue Crystal Software. Without knowing who this reviewer is, it will be tough to state what the possible problem is. However, based on the information posted, I can only assume that the writer is writing about our KC4 product, which we stopped supporting at the end of 2007 (KC4.5 came out in 2004, and KC5 came out in 2006).

In 2005, we realized that the built-in calendar functions would not go beyond the end of 2005, so we corrected that and issued a patch to update the software to work through 2020. This was both for our KC4 and KC4.5 products.

At the time we stopped supporting both products, we made sure both were solid. Again, without knowing who you are, I do not know what you are looking for, but can only assume you want more features to be added to that product, which we won't do. However, we have many clients that still use our older products without fail every day, and they see no need to upgrade, and we see no reason to require them to.

If you have a problem with your older, retired product, there are updates available for them. Perhaps you didn't update to the latest when it came available? There was no charge for the updates for those products. Email me and I'll be glad to do everything I can for you, as always.

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“I've worked with real EMR's that are less complicated.”

Written on: 23/05/2012

Okay, I will start by saying I use this software at work, but do not own it. It is extremely layered in details & features to a point that it almost makes no sense at all. It isn't useless & to be quite frank if you take the time to learn it, it does the job fine. I have to say that I've seen programs designed by guys in their late teens, that have a more thought out approach. All the tabs, directories & features that are accessible from every other menu is pointless & confusing (to the average… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Excellent Software and Service”

Written on: 25/04/2012 by Kajalene (1 review written)

We are a 100+ dog boarding and grooming facility. I have been using Kennel Connection for over 9 years. I tried quite a few programs when I was looking to go computerized. What I found were many complex and incomplete programs. KC was a program that not only offered the services I needed but was extremely user friendly. The fact that I could demo it to see its ease of use was a huge plus. I knew I could take one of my staff who was terrified to use a computer and teach her how to use this… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“You don't get updates and don't purchase without cd”

Written on: 23/03/2012 by jdizzworld (1 review written)

If you want any updates they make you purchase their support plan for $299 which is a high price. There are just as good of soft wares cheaper with better support… Read Full Review

“Love it!”

Written on: 04/11/2011 by jfan08 (1 review written)

I love Kennel Connection. I have tried at least 5 other types of software and dislike them all. It's so easy to use once you know what you are doing, but if you don't take time to learn it, you should expect issues and user errors. I have read all the negative comments as well as the positive ones. I noticed a trend that people complain about things because they don't know how to USE the product. I also noticed buyer's remorse and wanting to return it but WHAT software company, INCLUDING… Read Full Review

Countrypaws's Response to jfan08's Review

Written on: 12/04/2012

let us know what island you are on, it that Fantasy Island jfan08?

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“YOU DO NOT RECEIVE WHAT YOU PAY FOR! UPDATES? YOUR...”

Written on: 14/10/2011

I have been dealing with issues on receiving my updates since Aug. 2011 and it is now Oct 2011. I have spoken to Kevin Nice, waste of time, and Ive even been dealing with the president of the company Mark J. Gorrie, also waste of time. I made the mistake in July 2010 of paying for LIFE TIME SUPPORT which now they tell me has an experation date,HAHA and Ive only gotten 3 updates over the last 2 years although I have paid to have them sent on disc and I was told by Mark, that there were 9… Read Full Review

Jfan08's Comment

Written on: 04/11/2011

Lifetime doesn't expire, that would make no sense. You have to pay for disks yearly, that does make sense. Why don't you just download them. What are you going to take legal action for?

Bluecrystal's Comment

Written on: 21/01/2014

Lifetime support does not expire. It also does not include the disc service, which is an update coming to on CD via US Postal Service. That is a service that you pay yearly for. We ship the CDs three to five business days after an update is released.

You and I have discussed your non-receipt of the CD. We can't be held responsible for mail delivery in your area. I have even offered to send the update on CD overnight to you, but you needed to foot the bill (we have sent you several overnight at our cost to compensate for your mail issues). As JFan08 asked: Why don't you just download it from the Internet and save the hassle of non-receipt of CDs? You will have the update the minute is released, and you do have Internet access because you posted here.

Countrypaws's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2012

get used to it you will hear the same song and dance we heard from the president and salesman of that company. Just beware!

Tlcpetcare's Comment

Written on: 11/08/2013

I also purchased the lifetime support and have been very pleased with any issues I have had with the program. Mark even helped me on a 911 Sunday morning issue I was having when I emailed him. The program works well for my pet sitting/dog walking and daycare service.

“Works Great!”

Written on: 07/10/2011 by Lesliegwalker (1 review written)

This is the third software program we have tried for our 83 run kennel business. It is by far the best and the best supported program we have had. There are run time errors here and there but the problems are small compared to those we had with the other two companies!… Read Full Review

Countrypaws's Response to Lesliegwalker's Review

Written on: 12/10/2011

what a crock, works great.
I have never experienced such disdane since being a client of kennel connection. Never again will touch this product or company. Never read so many negative reviews of this product and company. Beware people!

Jfan08's Response to Lesliegwalker's Review

Written on: 04/11/2011

Glad I'm not the only one who loves it! I think the problem is that some people don't take the time to learn it and just start complaining. Like I told another lady, you don't get instructions from most software companies on how to learn it, you do it on your own or get trained like we did. Also can't return opened software, that's just silly.

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT BUYER BEWARE FALSE WORDS ”

Written on: 15/09/2011 by fancypaws (1 review written)

Well I will just say one thing the sales man Kevin Nice is not so Nice when purchasing this product you need to be aware of their policies they are money hungry people. They don't have no return policies on this product for the amount of money that you pay for it. They are very aggressive people when it comes to be dissatisfied with their product. I can't believe that this person is in business. Their is no support. Their is other products out their that have the support that you need as… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to fancypaws's Review

Written on: 04/11/2011

No return... of course not. When have you ever been able to return software that has been opened and installed.

I don't like Microsoft Windows Vista and all it's bugs, can I return it? No.

Sounds like buyer's remorse to me. I love my Kennel Connection product, I took the time to learn how to use it, did you?

Bluecrystal's Response to fancypaws's Review

Written on: 21/01/2014

We do have a return policy, although it only applies to hardware. All software has a 30 day demo that you can try with no limitations. This way you can make sure the software works for you. Once you a purchase, a registration code is issued, and that unlocks the demo so you can keep using the software. Once a registration code is issued, our license agreement, which you agree to when you install the software, states there are no refunds. No software companies provide refunds.

Our support is among the best int he business, and if you have examples of the misleading sales, we would love to hear it so we can address it on our side.

Countrypaws's Response to fancypaws's Review

Written on: 12/04/2012

Buyers remorse or misleading sales and support? The later is the forte of Kennel Connection

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“BUYER BEWARE! Horrible Support/ QB integration a wreck! ”

Written on: 07/09/2011 by JasonAst (1 review written)

I have never (NEVER) been treated so bad by a company in my life **Except maybe Sprint Customer Service** We have used KC for a few years and finally decided to integrate with Quick Books. BIG MISTAKE! KC does not directly plug in and work with QB. As of today, we have been working (if you can call it that) with KC for a fix for almost 8 weeks, however anything but a fix has been the result. Each time we send an email with problems we are either A Not responded to B The question is not… Read Full Review

Jfan08's Response to JasonAst's Review

Written on: 04/11/2011

Blames you for what? I have never found her to be anything other than helpful, she can answer just about any question posed to her.

The Quickbooks does take some work to get it going but once set up, it works fine, what is your issue, maybe I can give you pointers.

Countrypaws's Response to JasonAst's Review

Written on: 12/04/2012

We too had problems with QB integration and their support advised to contact QB. Once we received an update from Kennel connection, if fixed the QB problem. KC loves to deny. It's all about money to them

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Well. If you think you are going to get away with...”

Written on: 15/05/2011

Well. If you think you are going to get away with buying software for around $1,000 - then forget it. I'm not sure but I think we have nearly $7,000 wrapped up in this software update including the extra gadgets and time with our IT guy - plus Jenn from up from KC to train us in person.

After some horrible challenges in the beginning - we are using the software full time and enjoying its many features. We are former users of KennelSoft and thought it was time to move on. We are running the… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Nothing but a headache. We bought the programm over 6...”

Written on: 29/03/2011

Nothing but a headache. We bought the programm over 6 years ago, we have never been able to use it. The time and moneys spent TRYING to use it and setting it up , hours of entering info into the programm was all wasted.The manual is not helpful as it only tells you what to do but not how to do it, for that you have to schedule costly training, its not included in any "support" . We bought another upgrade, when we found out during hours on the phone with technical support that the system wasnt… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“I've been using Kennel Connection for over two years...”

Written on: 17/02/2011 by jfan (1 review written)

I've been using Kennel Connection for over two years and I love it. I switched over from another program that had NO help what-so-ever and these guys are so much better. No program is perfect, but they are as close as I have found. The staff has always been kind when I call in to ask questions or need help updating.

If others are having issues, then they must not know how to use the program properly. We went through training and after that, we were fine. All our issues before that were… Read Full Review

Jasonast's Response to jfan's Review

Written on: 07/09/2011

You are either a very lucky individual, or an employee of Kennel Connection because I don't believe a single word of what you are saying.

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Working a round KC IS more like it. There are a lot...”

Written on: 09/12/2010

Working a round KC IS more like it. There are a lot of work a rounds to get the program to do what you would like and then most of the time you end up changing your business operation to work with KC rather than it working with you. For a small operation, it's fine; for a large business or for those of us who have many different ways of charging, it won't work well. There are many run errors that even the upgrades don't fix. Support has always been slow. They said they had to make staff… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Do not use the QuickBooks DirectLink if you are an...”

Written on: 18/10/2010

Do not use the QuickBooks DirectLink if you are an established business and have been using QuickBooks and the QuickBooks POS sytems for quite some time. I made this mistake. It screwed up my systems horribly and I had a mess trying to fix it. I even called Kennel Connection and asked specific questions before running it to make sure that I wouldn't have any problems. They obviously don't know how this DirectLink works for people that have been in business for years and use both QuickBooks… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“I have used Kennel Connection for 6 years. I think...”

Written on: 17/09/2010

I have used Kennel Connection for 6 years. I think use is too good a word. I've WORKED AROUND KC for 6 years. The program does NOT work as it's supposed to. There are 'run time errors' galore that shut the system down. Pay over $300 a year and you can get help to fix the error with an "upgrade". Get your upgrade and alas you have 4-5 NEW errors that weren't there the last "fix". Don't pay the additional big bucks for support and you will be told "your support plan expired some time ago"… Read Full Review

Nandoglady's Comment

Written on: 21/09/2010

If you are having that many problems, then it sounds like you need to learn how to use the program better or get someone to look at your system setup.
<br/>
<br/>We've been using it for a while now and haven't had any issues after we got our network fixed and our commission reports are just fine as well. We had issues at first with RTE errors but it turned out to be our network. We had a network engineer come in and redo everything and now it works great! It turns out we had settings wrong and our network was going to sleep, causing a momentary loss to our main computer which caused all the errors. If you are having that many issues, you might want to get a certified professional network engineer to look at your setup, we originally had a friend set it up, but it turns out he didn't know what he was really doing for a business setting. Good luck!

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Converting from another program, we had some...”

Written on: 08/08/2010

Converting from another program, we had some information that could be converted into Kennel Connection. But we found several issues with running Kennel Connection, yes programs may have their quirks, but the quirks continued even after receiving updates, the problems were never fixed. We found the customer service to be poor and when they couldn't answer a question, it went to the president - whom we found arrogant and never took any account for the flaws in the program. We wasted a LOT of… Read Full Review

Blue Crystal Software Kennel Connection

“Fantastic program we use it every day in all our...”

Written on: 13/05/2010

Fantastic program we use it every day in all our facilities. I wouldn't change it.

Chris… Read Full Review