Sym GTS 250 Reviews

Sym GTS 250 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Sym GTS 250

“2008 SYM 250 GTS”

Written on: 18/05/2012 by maxspeed70 (1 review written)

Swapped a Honda for this one ,it has 45000 km but full sevice history and I have to say it's a good scoot,handles well powerfull enough to blast on the motorway and nippy on side roads.some corrosion to the chassis and back wheel but that's an easy fix. Just ordered a bigger screen from Germany so will be fine with that fitted as the stock screen is a bit short on height. Also swapped the tyres to Pirelli's,much better than the Bridgestones as fitted. … Read Full Review

Guest's Response to maxspeed70's Review

Written on: 01/08/2012

Were can I buy this taller screen. I have a GTS 300 and like you I love it. A Fab Scooter
Thanks

“Taller windshields for a SYM RV 250”

Written on: 12/03/2012

I bought a 2008 SYN RV 250 a month and have already replaced the mirrors and very happy with the new ones..I bought it with 36 miles on it. ...The previous owner was 6 ft tall and needless to say he was not happy so he traded it in for a MC ..I only paid 2900. for it and I am very happy....Now my problem.. I have put over 700. miles in three weeks and I am not happy with the small windshield... Where can I buy a taller windshield ?...I live in Pennsylvania..USA ..Any help and I would be… Read Full Review

Expat47's Comment

Written on: 11/04/2012

When I bought my GTSi I was told that the taller windshield would set-up a vibration at higher speeds and was advised against. This info came from the importer's main showroom manager.

Mistereri's Comment

Written on: 07/05/2012

Hi,

Taller and wider screens are the Isotta screens.
They fit Joymax, RV, GTS, Firenze 250 ~ 300 from 2009.

Try here:

You can pay by Paypal and shipped to your door.
Every item in the shop will be added 10% discount if you add it to the cart.

Ask the staff for more questions.

Cheers

Jon

“ok i've had my 250i gts for a week now and i'm loving...”

Written on: 18/08/2009

ok i've had my 250i gts for a week now and i'm loving it.....i've had a honda dylan 125 before this bike and to compare it to it would be hard because the honda is a great bike....but with the honda not building a 250 which is what i wanted i went for a sym..... i looked at the yamaha city but was to exspensive, as my buget was limited. so over all the sym is what i wanted at size and cost.....having not known about the sym before i'm happy with it so far. the power is good and the size of the… Read Full Review

“i have had korean, japanese and italian scooters in...”

Written on: 16/08/2009

i have had korean, japanese and italian scooters in the past and this is my seventh. i would say that this Sym GTS 250 is the best in terms of handling, power, economy, and reliability. i use it everyday for work, put 10,000 kms on it without any major maintenance work. recently decided to keep the gts and sell the tmax 500 instead… Read Full Review

“The Sym GTS 250 is a fantastic machine for a 250cc,...”

Written on: 02/08/2009

The Sym GTS 250 is a fantastic machine for a 250cc, once owned a X9500 and this bike beats it hands down for comfort and handling. only gripe i have is the oil sign that lights up every 1000km telling you to change the oil,..1000km! too soon surely! and there is no tool to adjust the rear shocks, very bad thing for sym to be doing for a new bike. Other than those things, i wouldnt change it for any other bike… Read Full Review

Paul54's Comment

Written on: 05/08/2009

The oil service light should come on every 3000km which is approximately 1800 miles. If yours doesn't there is a problem with it as the hand/service book also says 3k.

“The Sym GTS scooter is very good. I drive 43 kms...”

Written on: 25/07/2009

The Sym GTS scooter is very good. I drive 43 kms daily. Power is terrific. Fuel consumption around 24 kms/liter, city driving. You can do self-maintenance if you have some basic tools in the house… Read Full Review

Expat47's Comment

Written on: 01/11/2012

I can vouch for that 24kms/ltr figure. I've had my 250 for just over 4 years and have kept close track of my fuel consumption. As of last week I've got an average of 23.49k/pl (55+MPG) and the majority of my driving is short hops of 10k or less.

“Just an update now I've had the Sym GTS 250 for a...”

Written on: 25/06/2009 by paul54 (2 reviews written)

Just an update now I've had the Sym GTS 250 for a couple of months. I've fitted a Multivar 2000 Malossi variator (158 pounds) and the initial and 'in gear' acceleration is awesome and there's a few miles an hour extra top speed too. The engine revs a bit higher at lower speeds so have lost about 5/6 mpg. Well worth it though. Recently done a 500 mile round trip and the scoot was comfortable, absolutely reliable and cruised on the motorway at an easy 68/70 mph!!. This is an impressive piece of… Read Full Review

“The Sym GTS 250 scooter is very economical n friendly...”

Written on: 19/05/2009 by Scooter lover (1 review written)

The Sym GTS 250 scooter is very economical n friendly scooter… Read Full Review

“Sym GTS250cc Excellent scooter. I have been riding it...”

Written on: 11/05/2009 by alextune (1 review written)

Sym GTS250cc Excellent scooter. I have been riding it in New Zealand for about 8 month and I have done on it over 16 000 km.
It goes smooth and it is very comfortable to ride in a traffic on motorway. Easily taking over another cars.
Possible to ride the distance over 300 km for full tank of fuel ( 12 L), which is quite economical… Read Full Review

“Ibought my 2006 Sym Voyager 250 a couple of months ago...”

Written on: 06/04/2009 by paul54 (2 reviews written)

Ibought my 2006 Sym Voyager 250 a couple of months ago and had to replace the clutch rollers and belt almost straight away at a cost of 183 pounds. This was a very disappointing start. The headlight bulb blew and the whole of the front fairing had to be removed. On my previous scooter, a Honda Foresight 250, it took just a couple of minutes. The Honda was always going to be a hard act to follow, however, the Sym has aquitted itself well. The engine is smoother than the Honda and has more… Read Full Review

Wozza59's Response to paul54's Review

Written on: 18/04/2009

If your scooter is out of warranty I would have changed the belt and roller myself...it's not as difficult as you think and you woul have saved yourself a lot of money. £183 is far too much for what should be a relatively simple job for a dealer. I wonder how much they charged you for the belt? Personally I think you were ripped off....sorry

“It really need to improve in alot of areas for it to...”

Written on: 18/02/2009 by lavacat (2 reviews written)

It really need to improve in alot of areas for it to be a great touring scooter , the aero features of the scooter has some faulty areas of the design of the acutal scooter itself , the realiblity is good. The scooter width 890mm with is to wide for a actual touring scooter , I actually own a 2500c black 2007 Firenze in australia , I will definaely not a another sym scooter in the future , my perference would paggio or aprila scooter because of the longer service internvals every 10,000 kms… Read Full Review

Scooters4's Response to lavacat's Review

Written on: 27/05/2009

Also, luck on getting 10000km out of a piaggio or aprilla. The book says 5000k but all the service agents say 3000km.

Wozza59's Response to lavacat's Review

Written on: 30/01/2010

I think you'll find Piaggio a lot less reliable than SYM. In my experience and that of many members of a major scooter forum in the UK Piaggio simply cannot match SYM in the reliablity stakes, far too many of their machines are plagued by electrical problems.

“I bought the Sym 250GTSi to replace a Honda Deauville...”

Written on: 31/12/2008

I bought the Sym 250GTSi to replace a Honda Deauville 650cc and I am not disappointed. My journeys are mainly commuting a short distance to work on urban roads and there is little difference between the two bikes. Acceleration is quick from the lights, easily leaving the cars back at the line.
The riding position is very comfortable, especially feet up, with a soft seat that has a raised back. The screen is nice and big, pushing the headwind over me although it would be good to have something… Read Full Review

“Comfortable to ride, enough power to easily & safely...”

Written on: 15/12/2008 by Dave Mac (1 review written)

Comfortable to ride, enough power to easily & safely overtake those annoying 95kph drivers. Looks good & folding mirrors make it easy to get round corners into home parking space.
Have owned this for 2 months, after previously owning a Suzuki 125J scooter - both good, but the power & comfort of this are great. Have ridden 500km in a day for a meeting and had no problems on open highways, also back country roads fine. Used primarily to commute, and goes really well in traffic. Really good value… Read Full Review

“Bought to replace a 250 Yamaha majesty which was...”

Written on: 22/11/2008 by Pure and Symple (1 review written)

Bought to replace a 250 Yamaha majesty which was getting a bit long in the tooth.
The Yamaha Majesty managed more MPG in the low to mid 80s on My 12 mile rural commute & was slightly more refined with a more comfy seat.
The Sym is a good value for money machine which could be even better with a higher standard screen as the wind noise even with ear plugs in is deafening!
Would consider the new 300cc one with fuel injection & a higher screen or might try a used Majesty 400.
Overall though a good… Read Full Review

“Brilliant. Excellant ride. can throw it about just as...”

Written on: 12/11/2008 by david6510 (1 review written)

Brilliant. Excellant ride. can throw it about just as much as my previous bikes. Good fuel economy. Average 90 mpg… Read Full Review

“Good overall building quality, Pleasure to drive, fuel...”

Written on: 09/11/2008 by xm v6 (1 review written)

Good overall building quality, Pleasure to drive, fuel : 3,3 liter100km; topspeed 142 km/h on speedo, more like 128 km/h realistic… Read Full Review

“My previous machine was a Kawasaki Classic. This is my...”

Written on: 20/10/2008 by Expat47 (2 reviews written)

My previous machine was a Kawasaki Classic. This is my first scooter and I'm very, very surprised at the stability and handling. I ride, primarily, in city traffic where handling, breaking, and lighting are all important and the GTSi fits the bill handily.
I purchased this machine based on reviews like this on and on the word of some guy about my age (60) I met that was riding last year's model. Purchase price was factor also as I didn't know what I was getting into with a scooter… Read Full Review

“Handles a lot better than I thought it would after 37...”

Written on: 14/10/2008 by johndoran (2 reviews written)

Handles a lot better than I thought it would after 37 years riding all sorts of motorbikes. To early to really judge but first impressions are very good, will post another review when I've done a few more miles… Read Full Review

“Very perfect! A 250cc scoot and single cylinder, such...”

Written on: 14/10/2008

Very perfect! A 250cc scoot and single cylinder, such a light weight engine and have a boosting capabilities of horse power. Having a huge compartment, the looks.... And such touring capabilities... Having less vibration when you ride is a good part is touring… Read Full Review

“This is an awesome scoot! I have had mine for about 2...”

Written on: 23/09/2008 by run4high (1 review written)

This is an awesome scoot! I have had mine for about 2 months now and put a little less than 1800 mi on her. The quality is top-notch and the ride is comfortable and fun. I initially purchased mine to commute, but it is such a joy to ride, I am now riding on the weekends just to ride. Highly recommended!… Read Full Review

Johndoran's Response to run4high's Review

Written on: 28/09/2008

I found this review helpful because...I am thinking of buying a scooter after 40 years of motorcycling.