Space Kitchens Reviews - www.spacekitchens.co.uk

Summary

Read and write reviews of Space Kitchens. Have you visited their website, www.spacekitchens.co.uk or have you heard about Space Kitchens and want to know more? Here at Review Centre you can read independent and honest reviews written by consumers just like you!
Space Kitchens www.spacekitchens.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Space Kitchens www.spacekitchens.co.uk

“Fire hazard”

Written on: 11/12/2014 by Sinceref70 (1 review written)

We had our kitchen fitted by space kitchens and it came with a duel fuel range cooker, we have just had to get a new range as the old one is in its last legs,the gas fitter came today to fit new cooker,but he couldn't as the electric part of the cooker has not been properly earthed or connected to the fuse box,it is just plugged in to an extension,which looks like it has been burning through, I now have to pay for an electrician to come and sort this out before the gas can be connected and the… Read Full Review

“RUBBISH KITCHENS SAYS IT ALL”

Written on: 12/05/2014 by Caiden17 (1 review written)

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY OUR KITCHEN FLOODED AND PLUMBER SAID WE HAD A CASE FOR DOMINIC LITTLEWOOD THE WORKMANSHIP WAS SO BAD!!!!… Read Full Review

“Avoid at any cost,Dont hate all salesmen.”

Written on: 05/09/2013

Hi, I use to work for Space kitchens as salesman in maidstone kent.Job market was at its worse at that time and i couldnt find a job.eventually i was offered kitchen designer role with space kitchen which sounded promising and was glad to have a job once again.it all seemed good until i was sent out to somebody's house as a trainee with a senior kitchen designer/salesman who happened to be our bosses nephew.i realized there and then what it was all about.Uncle and nephew seemed as if they were… Read Full Review

“Absolute Rubbish!!”

Written on: 13/05/2013

I had my kitchen done . Jus over 7yrs ago!! I am still disgusted in how it looks Bits and pieces are falling off my cuboards I had to have my tiles fitted by someone else not space kitchens im just discuted with all of it for the price I paid!!!!… Read Full Review

“space kitchen disaster”

Written on: 19/07/2012

We were talked into buying a kitchen from space kitchens and also having a window fitted.the kitchen was duly fitted and i had to chase round Britian for two months to find my window.it was fitted by Weatherseal. When the guarantee came it was a little piece of paper and our name and address was handwritten by a two year old and probably just as useless… Read Full Review

Ericblythe's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2012

Space Kitchens are just a total cowboy outfit. Their Designer's that come out to your house don't have a clue, they talk down other companie's making comparisons to why they are far superior and try to justify why their kitchens are far superior quality. Even when you decide to cancel within the 7 day distance selling rules which anyone is entitled to they then telephone you up and try to enforce the sale. They use underhand tactics such as the kitchen was made to measure when they are infact just flat packs.

Philspink's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2012

I was duped into buying a kitchen and I am now in the process of replacing it. The quality is very poor flat packed mdf. I was told that my kitchen would be individually made. Furthermore, the person who installed the kitchen should never have been allowed anywhere near a kitchen. He fixed one of the wall units by screwing into the architrive round my back door. Anyone considering buying a kitchen from these con merchants should seriously think again. Phil (Birmingham)

“Harassment”

Written on: 26/06/2012

Sales assistant name waterman called 5 times when i refused 1st time he called that I don't need a kitchen… Read Full Review

“my pride and joy”

Written on: 26/05/2012 by meckerliese (1 review written)

bought a kitchen in 2005 and am very happy with my kitchen-design is exactly how I wanted it.The sales person knew what I was looking for in the kitchen. I exchanged some of the standard appliances which the company offers for top of the range appliances from different companies ( took some time to shop around but was worth every single minute) I wanted a kitchen that lasts for ever .Every visitor I get admires my kitchen. The fitters were absolutely fantastic and I can still call them to do… Read Full Review

“Complete rubbish, awful do not use them ”

Written on: 10/04/2012 by broomer36 (1 review written)

Had a kitchen installed by them a while back, the fitter band sawed his way through the main pipe feeding my boiler you can imagine the mess. Tried to get compensation from them the company blamed the fitter the fitter blamed the company..... I think you get the picture… Read Full Review

“fire hazard”

Written on: 29/02/2012

I've just had the built in gas oven removed and found the shelf it sat on had burnt an enormous hole in it. How my house wasn't burned down god only knows. The heat that must have been generated turned most of the shelf into charcoal. How the gas pipe didn't melt and explode is a miracle. Also they had not fed the plug and lead through a hole. Which now I'll have to do to fit my new oven. The wiring was found to be dangerous and they had just fitted the unit with it trapped behind. I've had… Read Full Review

Written on: 24/04/2012

This company rips everyone off, even there own staff. The cold calling sales team who make the calls to get what they "Bites" like fishing are all self employed. They probably get what is the equivalent of the minimum wage.

But heres the crunch, out of that minimum wage they have to pay the company for the use of the company telephones, and the desk (workstation) they sit at. The desks are falling apart and the chairs they sit on are ripped to shreds, Even the telephones have dodgy wiring and some are even held together with selotape.

I went for a job interview there once where It almost seemed like I had got the job before the interview started.

They also encourage the staff to exercise income tax evasion by implying that the rules of self employent mean you dont actually have to register yourself as self employed for three months after you start. In other words work for us for three months and say nothing. Most of the employees there are on benefits. I was told this whilst getting to know some of the other employees.

Anyway I started the training and quickly worked out how much of a shoddy outfit this company is some of the methods the sales supervisors use to motivate theyre staff to get "a bite" is kindergarden stuff. an example of this is. All the staff in the call centre were made to stand up and they could only sit down again until they had a bite..

Needless to say I didnt stand up. I got a real funny look off the supervisor when I didnt. But I suppose me being at least 10 years older than her compared to most of the other staff mainly teenagers and people in their twenties I guess she had second thoughts about making an issue out of it.

Cut a long story short, Im surprised I made it to the first tea break. I walked straight past the staff room picked my coat up and walked out.
But Hey if your claiming benefits nd you wanna earn a LITTLE extra cash for xmas on the quiet then this is the job for you. If you have a concience and dont like lying to people then im afraid its not

I gave it a chance

“c--p”

Written on: 03/02/2012 by barry-williams (1 review written)

i brought a kitchen some time ago the work tops have bubbled the doors are only covered in sticky paper workmanship is absoulotly rubbish sink waste not connected what more can isay rubbish you work hard to buy nice things for your home and you get what I think are cowboys to sell and fit what you think is going to be avery nice kitchen… Read Full Review

“Claim under Space kitchens guarantee”

Written on: 24/01/2012

I was pressured into having a space kitchen installed 5yrs ago and had very similar experiences that all the other customers wrote about in their reviews. I replaced the built in fridge-freezer and dishwasher 2yrs after installation and now the cupboard fronts are all worn and warped and the kickboards are the same. I paid £8000 for this kitchen and expected it to look good for much longer than 5yrs. I am now trying to make a claim but have been asked to fill out a claim form and forward… Read Full Review

Written on: 04/06/2012

I installed a kitchen from Space Kitchens and although I was initially quite pleased at the design and ordering stage, the service seemed to fall apart after they had my money. The fitter was sub contracted and no accoountability given by the company. He made an awful mess with masonry left behind the kickboards, electrics and plastering was abysmal. The interior shelving of the cupboards is shoddily fitted and falls apart with the slightest provocation. The sink waste was never properly sealed, worktops have since bubbled at the join and the clock onTeka oven zeroed itself after a power cut. Web searches revealed that this is a fault with the product and although easily remedied, I have to pay £40 call out charge to have an engineer reset it since it is now outwith the year warranty. All in all a disappointing purchase of over £8,000 which I look at every day and weep.

Written on: 05/07/2012

Did you ever manage to sort out your kitchen?
We had ours fitted in 2010 and they estimated a 4 day installation which ended up been 7 days. The project manager was ignorant and we never saw him after day 1. The design that they were working from didn't work and as they were pressured for time, they weren't willing to alter. After a few months we had a problem with the dishwasher and Neff said it was fitted too tight, I rang Space Kitchens and they were out within 2 hours and had moved the unit - couldn't believe it what great service.... 18 months on, it hasn't been moved enough. Neff have been out 3 times and now say they dishwasher is flexing when hot as it is tight in the unit and is letting steam out of the top and warping the door. The kitchen tap has been leaking badly for days and so I have rang to ask for a repair over a week ago and was told a form was in the post. No form arrived so I rang again to be told it was Royal Mails fault - which I don't believe and another would be put in the post. They will not come out until the form is returned and the £90 fee paid and will not do business over the phone, so I am left with no alternative but to buy a new tap and get a plumber in, but don't know what to do about the dishwasher door as I feel it is Space Kitchens responsibilty but have no faith in the organisation at all.

“Space kitchens are the biggest con out”

Written on: 11/01/2012 by maggielynne (1 review written)

Was brain washed into purchasing a space kithchen in 2003, the rep was still in our house at 2am. Paid £6000 for some cupboards and a work top and NO electrical goods. It then cost me another £1500 to pay off the loan and get out of the HP agreement, stay away from 1st Nat Bank aswell. I have had neumerous calls over the years offering another new kitchen but never been able to obtain a guaranteecfor the rubbish I have already got, now the cupboard doors are begining to crumble and fall off… Read Full Review

“robbery”

Written on: 03/12/2011

got a phone call saying we would get £100 vouchers if we would allow someone to come take measurements and plan a new kitchen as were planning on getting a new one after xmas we aggreed sales man came and 2 half hrs later we got quoted 17,500 we said no so he said 10.000 again we said no he asked how much we would be spending so we said about 5,000 at the most, he said ok sign now and you can have it for 5,000 we said we,d like to discuss and also shop around as this was our first quote, BIG… Read Full Review

“Replacement door????”

Written on: 06/08/2011 by bagpuss0101 (1 review written)

I bought a Space kitchen 6 years ago and all in all it's been good. However i now need to replace my dish washer door and cant seem to speak with anyone that can help me match it up to my existing units....any advice would be great. Deb… Read Full Review

Guest's Response to bagpuss0101's Review

Written on: 11/09/2011

Basically you'll never get anywhere with them, they've got your money and that's where their interests end. Write to BBC Watchdog - you'll be in good company!

Cpj1's Response to bagpuss0101's Review

Written on: 27/11/2012

Terrible service (repetitive breakdown of kitchen appliances - protracted resolution of issue).

Refusal to fulfill contractual obligations. Having agreed on purchase price with SP official and signed of on contract, was subsequently told by a senior official of company that they were not prepared to deliver at the contractually agreed price.

Ended up having to offer an extra £500 (they wanted considerably more) or being left high and dry at Christmas time. Suing the company for non-fulfillment of contractual obligation would, of course, have cost time and money. Effectively held to ransom.

Not impressed.

Jmorris130's Response to bagpuss0101's Review

Written on: 12/09/2011

Hi Deb,
I too am having a problem getting replacement doors, after phoning and holding lots of times, I have now been advised to mail customerservices@myhousegroup.net which I have just done. However I am not holding my breath at getting a response.

Good Luck, if you get anywhere let me know and I'll do the same back.

Julie x

Guest's Response to bagpuss0101's Review

Written on: 12/09/2011

I'm also having issues with this, due to a flood in my home 1 of our doors needs replacing, I have been told to mail them on customerservices@myhousegroup.net which I am about to do, but i'm not holding my breath for a response back.
Good Luck

“Space Kitchens Disaster”

Written on: 07/06/2011 by liamburke (1 review written)

My sister ordered a kitchen from Space Kitchens. They did a very good job of selling it to her but that was where the quality ended. She had a fully tiled kitchen already but the new installation meant that some of the existing tiles would have to be replaced. The salesmen insisted that he could source the original tiles and that it would be no problem. When the fitter eventually started work (a week late) he informed my sister that he didn't have the tiles and that the salesman who assured her… Read Full Review

“DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND ABUSE...”

Written on: 15/04/2011

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND ABUSE YOU! I USED TO WORK FOR THIS COMPANY AND LET ME TELL YOU WHAT THEY DO, THEY COME ROUND TO START WITH AND SPEND 4 HOURS OF HARD SELL, THEN IF YOU DO NOT BUY THEY WILL CALL YOU AGAIN SAYING THEY WILL SEND SOMEONE FROM THE TRADE TEAM OUT TO SEE YOU THEN YOU ARE IN FOR ANOTHER 4 HOURS HARD SELL! THE ORIGINAL QUOTE WILL PROBERLY BE £20,000 THEN DROPPED TO £4,000 IN THE END AFTER A PHONE CALL WITH THE MANAGER! AND WAIT £4000 IS ACTUALLY A FAIR… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2011

ive just been watching dont get done get dom on the tv and if this is the same company as ive just seen on tv they are a joke and its upseting what they do to poeple and old poeple at that .i hope that nobody buys from this crook but i know for sure i wont be buying my kitchen from them thats for sure.plus i hope he gets what due and i dont mean that in a nice way . i feel so sorry for the poeple he has robbed eric

Chromeboy's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2012

Having worked (very briefly, I may add) for this outfit, I concur with the reviewer...

Written on: 03/04/2012

Please can you contact me a.s.a.p. we are having lots of problems with this company,it is making my life a missery.EVERYONE OUT THERE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

Thecatwhisperer's Comment

Written on: 13/10/2013

these people have made our lives hell, after a very long email< I had a call from the managing director (sept 2011) or so he said. he told me 2 people had been sacked for what they had put my family through and several other families, he agreed for us to pay for materials only, which I did on my credit card, now 2 years on the company are demanding £9,500. we have been advised to go to trading standards. I would like to hear from other families where this has happened

Written on: 26/05/2011

“Ok, so we had a visit from Space at the end of Feb,...”

Written on: 31/03/2011

Ok, so we had a visit from Space at the end of Feb, the rep took his time, about 3 and a half hours, but as he explained from the off its not something you do in half an hour, so we gave him the time. He was clearly experienced at the job, so when going through the standard presentation, we told him simply we werent interested in finance, or the never ending presentation; luckily he had enough wits about him to stop reading from his sales script and get on with it. Standard sales stuff, about… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/05/2011

you obviously havent watched, dont get done, get dom. bbc1.

“We were looking for a new kitchen and had a look at...”

Written on: 29/03/2011

We were looking for a new kitchen and had a look at lots of places B&Q, Homebase, etc ffor showrooms but did not feel that we could afford these as had appointment at Homebase £14000+ quoted. We also tried Space Kitchens and Kitchens Direct for non-showrooms and after problems with Direct made appointment with Space.
I agree with the tactics used, 2 hours of non-kitchen talk and then 2 hours of drawing and discussing our kitchen. Also felt a bit underpressure when told 'now or never' for quote… Read Full Review

“I worked at space kitchens, place is a total joke,...”

Written on: 26/03/2011

I worked at space kitchens, place is a total joke, absoloute p i s s takers, and the BIG BOSS louise talks down to you like a piece of s**t when shes driving about in her big flash car no doubt bought off EVERYONES wages, as she does NOT pay anyone, and comes up with more and more excuses! they are due me over 250 for all the hours i done, but they wont pay up. Could give 3 very good reasons for not to apply for this job.

1- THEY DONT PAY YOU.
2- EVERYONE IS SO BITCHY.
3- THEY LOOK DOWN TO YOU… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/09/2011

Sounds about right. The only people they treat worse than their customers is their sales people!

“I received a design visit from Space kitchens only a...”

Written on: 25/03/2011

I received a design visit from Space kitchens only a few days ago. And after reading all these reviews, i am very glad we didn't go ahead.

Our designer arrived at 7:30, and didnt leave until 11:30!!! the only reason i had asked them to come out, was because they were offering 50% off and £1000 worth of appliances if you booked a visit - that then became an old promotion - the website hadn't been updated!!

Our designer gave us several quotes. the first being £14,000, then £8,800, then finally… Read Full Review