Magimix 5200 Reviews

Main characteristics
Bowl Capacity: 15.22 Cups
Power: 1100 Watts

Magimix 5200

“terrible keel, bad assistance”

Written on: 24/03/2014 by McKennazl405 (1 review written)

I read reviews which agree on my same problem, having the plastic on the spindle gradually crack under the driveshaft vibrations. In my case the plastic around the spindle got broken after 2 years, before the guarranty had expired. It's not a relief the product being in guarantee, because in my case, without watching the product, they accused me of having broken the spindle myself. So if the crappy plastic of its chassis gets broken for the normal use (the spindle is typical because that's… Read Full Review

“Planned to fail ”

Written on: 30/04/2013 by Elietarr (1 review written)

The good engineers of Magimix want you to keep buying parts that don't last. The spindle is made of bad nylon and so are the knives needs to be replaces so often because it weirs up easily. Probably concerns most of Magimix products because this is a planned obsolescence policy… Read Full Review

Zootalaws's Response to Elietarr's Review

Written on: 09/06/2013

Do you own one?

I have had a 5200 for around 5 years - I guess I use it everyday, sometimes more than once, twice, five or more times a day.

In all that time nothing has broken or gone wrong with it, except for the lid of the box the disks are stored in - it has a chip out of it.

It is showing absolutely no wear at all, except for losing its crystal clear look to the main bowl - chopping nuts and things has taken its toll.

Despite this, my knives are as sharp as the day I bought it - certainly sharp enough to slice my spatula to pieces if I'm not careful.

I also have a 5200 in my professional kitchen, where it is used day-in, day-out for hoummus, pastry, chopped nuts, grinding rice - a myriad of uses. It has never failed me, despite the attentions of some ham-fisted pot boys.

So I'm not sure what the good engineers at Magimix are expecting me to buy... a new cover for the disk storage box?

The best, most reliable, toughest kitchen product I have ever owned, bar none.

Marco_Bat's reply to Zootalaws's Comment

Written on: 24/03/2014

I agree with Elietarr.
The planned obsolescence is also badly calculated: in my case the plastic around the spindle got broken after 2 years, before the guarranty had expired.
It's not a relief the product being in guarantee, because in my case, without watching the product, they accused me of having broken the spindle. So if the crappy plastic of its chassis get broken for the normal use (the spindle is typical because that's where all the vibrations stresses of the driveshaft concentrate), it's without cross-examination your fault and you have to pay for something which is in warranty.
Thumb down for the mechanical resistance and also for the Magimix assistance. I'm asked to pay 160€ for its factory defects before its warranty expiration.

“Magimix 5200XL”

Written on: 15/02/2013

I have just been on the phone to Magimix to try to claim damage done to our Magimix 5200XL. The damage occurred while juicing lemons. The juicing attachment split while juicing and jammed onto the shaft causing damage to the shaft. Magimix has a three year warranty on accessories. 10 year warranty on the motor. So no damage occurs to the motor the machine is designed to do damage to the shaft so that no damage occurs in the motor. The shaft is not covered under warranty. We have used the… Read Full Review

Nicholasrichie's Comment

Written on: 22/04/2013

My mom gave me magimix 5200XL but I did not use it because I prefer to squeeze my lemon manually with my own hand, I got more juices than this equipment.

Baref00T's Comment

Written on: 11/06/2013

You should be commenting about the review. Nobody is interested in what you do and what mom gave to you. This kind of comment is useless.

Magimix 5200

“Excellent piece of equipment”

Written on: 14/02/2013

After 2 months I am really happy with my purchase. The whole operation is superb. My previous magimix of thirty years standing has been replaced and I am thoroughly delighted with the expense of its replacement. Well done magimix. You are the best!… Read Full Review

“Very badly designed”

Written on: 16/11/2012 by Drizzle (1 review written)

Our food processer keeps destroying itself! Everytime we turn on the processor to mix pastry or cake dough we do it with fingers crossed hoping the poorly designed central spindle doesn't melt again. The soft nylon part is simply not strong enough to handle the power of the motor. So far, we've spent nearly £80 on replacement spindles and blades. The blades are not long enough and food at the edges and corners often do not get mixed correctly. The whisk attachment doesn't work for less than 2… Read Full Review

Magimix 5200

“magimix has lost its magic”

Written on: 17/07/2012 by disgruntleduser5 (1 review written)

magimix has lost its magic.spindle and shaft weak and worn out after seldom use in just under six months.supplier claims we have overloaded and misused appliance.hard to believe since we have used and older model for over 7 years… Read Full Review

Groliver's Response to disgruntleduser5's Review

Written on: 03/09/2013

We have had our magimix 5200 for approx 1 year, Just replaced spindle and small cone of juicer. Will have to replace shaft now . Contacted magimix (agent) and standard answer is using too much pressure so not covered under warranty. Not very happy.

“magimix”

Written on: 27/04/2012

i have bought a 5200xl magimix food processor use it to make scones as in the recipe book and they came out like rocks not very happy about that also made that walnut cake it came out same… Read Full Review

Magimix 5200

“I had the earlier model (5100) of the magimix with the...”

Written on: 14/02/2011

I had the earlier model (5100) of the magimix with the spindle in the middle that went all the way into the lid to stabilize it....this one (the 5200) doesn't have that and the first time I tried making pasta dough, despite being really careful not to force it, the spindle and blade "melted"...I used my old magimix for over 20 years before the motor gave up. I'm extremely disappointed with the new magimix...it has a good motor and it's pretty and nice to look at...but that's it. If you want… Read Full Review

Magimix 5200

“This replaced my 25 year old magimix, on which the...”

Written on: 02/02/2011

This replaced my 25 year old magimix, on which the motor was still going well, but no spare blades… Read Full Review

Magimix 5200

“I had to pay extra for the 6mm slicing disc. the...”

Written on: 03/12/2010

I had to pay extra for the 6mm slicing disc. the bowls have to stacked all together to complete some tasks - extra washing up. In the large bowl, the slicing discs doesn't reach the side so stuff slips round the side without being sliced or grated. The needing/mixing blades don't reach the bottom of the bowl or the edges, so you never reach ingredients at the edges and if you're trying to need or mix small amounts, you never reach any of it - it gets thrown against the sides in the first… Read Full Review

Magimix 5200

“The Magimix 5200 was a frustrating buy, with the...”

Written on: 24/02/2009

The Magimix 5200 was a frustrating buy, with the obvious impression of the high pricr just thrown away. Provided that it's not about some malfunction, covered by the warranty. I would be happy to know I was wrong, and that anything of my complaints can be handled. I found it 1. Hard to assemble to working state.
2. Can't add the large slices as-promised by the largest opening, so it's just about un-usable. Only by shutting it down, and to the extent that the adapter can be still inserted to… Read Full Review

Rumgee's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2010

I found this review not helpful because... it doesn't really make much sense to me. Not sure if the reviewer was following correct procedure . . or perhaps the machine was faulty?
<br/>"very thorough assembly" : I've never had much success myself with equipment that I've not correctly assembled first.

Magimix 5200

“The Magimix 5200 is good for light food processing,...”

Written on: 21/01/2009

The Magimix 5200 is good for light food processing, but I do not recommend this machine if you make bread regularly.
I have had 3 spindles and 3 dough blades replaced in 2 years. I agree with the first reviewer… Read Full Review

Rumgee's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2010

I found this review somewhat helpful because... I want to know more about other aspects of this equipment. For a keen bread maker it would have been crucial, and straight to the point.
<br/>I probably won't be using it to make bread, having read other reviews that say the same and advise using a different machine for that function.
<br/>One reviewer did say the "blade certainly gets the dough together ready for kneading" by hand - I may do that.
<br/>Rather than have one piece of equipment that does everything, I prefer to have several individual items that perform their own function to a high standard.

Magimix 5200

“In a period of several months the food processor has...”

Written on: 29/05/2008 by ogrody (1 review written)

In a period of several months the food processor has had to have a new spindle and a new blade replaced five times times. I think the motor is too powerful for the plastic fittings which get jammed on the spindle while mixing dough to a proper consistency. Once jammed the blade con only be removed by Magimix engineer in their workshop… Read Full Review

Rumgee's Response to ogrody's Review

Written on: 20/04/2010

I found this review somewhat helpful because... I hope all those wanting to buy a processor for mixing dough will avoid a bad purchase.
<br/>However this machine performs several other functions and many other users are delighted with it.
<br/>The overall rating here is only half a star and this, together with other unbalanced reviews, impacts heavily and negatively on the overall score for this item.
<br/>
<br/>

Magimix 5200

“Yes, the Magimix 5200 is expensive, but if you use a...”

Written on: 15/03/2008 by mivona (3 reviews written)

Yes, the Magimix 5200 is expensive, but if you use a food processor regularly, it is worth every penny. My last Magimix lasted for 15 years, with almost daily usage. It made bread, chopped vegetables, mixed cakes. I was given another make of food processor when my Magimix died and it lasted barely a year, so I got the new Magimix 5200. It does everything I need it to do, but it seems to have a more difficult time with dough than I experienced with my old Magimix. The base, though heavy, doesn't… Read Full Review

Rumgee's Response to mivona's Review

Written on: 20/04/2010

I found this review very helpful because... it was balanced and realistic.
<br/>It was easy to read and flagged up relevant points for consideration.
<br/>Thank you Mivona.