Shade Station Reviews - www.shadestation.co.uk

Shade Station - www.shadestation.co.uk - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Shade Station - www.shadestation.co.uk

Shade Station - www.shadestation.co.uk

“Partial refund”

Written on: 13/07/2014 by hcSmith491 (1 review written)

I ordered prescription sunglasses from this company, returned them due to the lenses not been correct. It felt I was looking through a magnifying glass and one of the lenses was falling out the frame. I returned them for a refund only to be refunded £40 from the £55 paid. I was told they could not do anything with the lenses so will not refund that and when I queried them about it been a faulty product they said there is nothing they can do, the refund has been processed and that was that. I… Read Full Review

“UNREASONABLE AND DODGY”

Written on: 11/07/2014 by Buchananxd161 (1 review written)

MY PARTNER ORDERED A PAIR OF PRADA SHADES FOR ME AND WE HAD TROUBLE WITH SHADES STATION DISPATCHING THE ITEM, HOWEVER I RECEIVED THEM JUST IN TIME FOR MY FIVE WEEKS VACATION. WHEN I FIRST TRIED TO WEAR THE SUNSHADES THEY FELT LOOSE ON MY FACE AND I NOTICED THE PRADA WRITTEN ON THE SIDE WAS FADING, I DECIDED TO PUT THEM ASIDE AND RETURN THEM WITH AN EXPLANATION UPON RETURN WHICH I DID. THE RESPONSE I GOT FROM SHADE STATION WAS SO OFFENSIVE, THEY BASICALLY SAID THEY WERE HEAVILY WORN BY MYSELF… Read Full Review

“Item stock is not updated - expect a long wait for a...”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by 235Wood (1 review written)

I ordered an item shown as 'in stock' which I specified was required for a holiday in 4 days' time, and chose next day delivery. The £180 for the item was removed immediately from my bank account. I received an email the following day from Shade Station informing me that the item was in fact on back order, and wouldn't be in stock for another 4 weeks. I was informed I could have a refund, but it would need to be processed; once I received confirmation of this refund, it could then take another… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Thank you for your comments.

We are extremely sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your ordering experience here at Shade Station.

When placing your order our website should have shown 3-5 days, this is because we were awaiting a delivery of this from the manufacturer. I am very sorry if this was not noticed at the point of sale.

When we came to process your order and chase the delivery with the manufacturer it was then that we were informed the frame was on backorder and it could be between 2-3 weeks before it arrived back with us. As soon as we were informed of this we contacted you immediately.

As we are an online based company the money is automatically deducted from your account - this is to ensure the funds are not used elsewhere - preventing any unwanted bank charges.

As you cancelled your order on Tuesday afternoon your order was passed to our accounts department but, as you are aware, a refund was not processed until the Thursday.

All refunds are processed on Mondays and Thursdays of each week and I am extremely sorry if you are not happy with this - I have passed your feedback to our accounts department to see if this can be looked into and improved upon in the future to prevent any further disappointments.

Once a refund is processed it does depend entirely on who you bank with regarding the length of time it takes to reach your account as available funds. We do advise our customers it can take up to 72 working hours to appear as available funds as a maximum time scale only.

As customer service advisers our team are unable to confirm the managing directors names - we do advise should you wish to form an official complaint to do so in writing for the attention of the customer service's manager.

We strive to offer the best possible customer service and we can only apologise for the disappointment and frustration you feel.

We do hope that, in time, you may choose to shop with us again.

Should you have any queries regarding your order please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

“Prescription glasses”

Written on: 25/01/2014

I ordered a pair of prescription Oakley glasses from Shadestation at about 4pm in the afternoon and they were delivered at about 9am the next morning. In addition they were 1/3rd of the price of my high street optician. Fantastic service and price… Read Full Review

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are happy to hear that you have been satisfied with the service and product you have received from Shade Station.

We really appreciate your custom and look forward to dealing with you again in the future.

“Excellent Service”

Written on: 25/12/2013

I ordered the watch on Friday, the process was straightforward and easy. It was delivered on Monday. Interlink were brilliant and kept me informed via text and email throughout my parcel's journey and I could click on the link and find out exactly where the driver was at any time. It arrived exactly when they said it would… Read Full Review

Written on: 15/04/2014

Hi, thank you for your kind comments.

It is great to hear that you are happy with the product and the service you received from Shade Station.

Customer feedback is very important to us and we hope you order with us again in the future.

“Thoroughly impressed”

Written on: 10/12/2013 by Felakuti (1 review written)

I saw their ad on tv last week and decided to give them a try. I ordered a pair of sunglasses and wristwatch yesterday which cost nearly half the price they go for at other retailers. I received an email saying that they'd like to conduct security check and gave them a call. Their customer service reps was very polite, professional and helpful. As I type this review I have my order with me a day after ordering without having to pay for next day delivery. Plus I saw two candies in my package… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to Felakuti's Review

Hi, thank you for your comments.

Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible customer service at all times which is why we are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with the service you have received.

As you have also been satisfied with the product, we hope that we can deal with you again in the future.

Natasha Thompson

“Breach of consumer rights - terrible customer service”

Written on: 22/11/2013 by Boadie1969 (2 reviews written)

This is the review I left on Shade Station website: My feelings towards 'Shade Station' have completely changed and I wish I could change the original rating. I spent £200.00 on a 'brand new watch' as a gift for my partner which seemed to have issues with the face looking misty so tonight (7 days after it was delivered) we took it back to the shop but left with no watch & no money?? I believe you have completely breached my consumer rights as the sale of goods act states the following… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to Boadie1969's Review

Thank you for your comments.

I am extremely sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your ordering experience here at Shade Station.

I can assure you that we work well within the Sales of Goods Act and, as a company, we have the right to offer a refund, exchange or repair.

If an item becomes faulty whilst in your possession we do ask this to be returned to our head office in Manchester, this is regardless of if the watch was received within one week or one year.

We do need to assess the watch just to ensure it has not been subject to wear and tear or any accidental damage as on some occasions customers can return items to us that have been mistreated. I am extremely sorry if this was not communicated to you correctly.

Having looked into the order I can see that a full assessment and refund was processed within one week of you returning your watch to our store in Leeds as it was deemed a faulty item was sent to you.

All items should be checked twice before dispatch so I am unsure as to how the watch was sent to you in this condition but I am extremely sorry for any disappointment caused.

Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible customer service and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment that was caused.

I do hope that, in time, you may choose to shop with us in the future.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us direct.

Natasha Thompson

Boadie1969's reply to Customerserviceshadestation's Comment

Good morning Natasha,

Many thanks for your comments, however I think your reply rather contradicts itself when you state 'Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible customer service and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment that was caused'

I posted my comments/complaint in November 2013 & its taken till April 2014 to reply, that really is outstanding customer service for sure - you guys really are amazing??!

Needless to say I will not be shopping with you again

Kind regards

Caroline Boa d

“Worst of Worst ever online shopping”

Written on: 24/09/2013 by leffin (1 review written)

I have ordered two Versace Ladies Watch via Amazon UK on large discount price and got two worthless quartz watches.Shade Station admitted that it was wrongly delivery but refused to exchange order and compensated for their mistakes. They just ask me to return it with refund up to £10.00 for returns postage. Their explanation is just excuse for not to fulfill the order. And it actually costs about £20.00 for returns postage from Sweden to UK (by tracking mail or package). Think about it… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to leffin's Review

Thank you for your comments.

All sale items are subject to stock levels and once the sale stock has been sold we are unable to offer this price again.

I am unsure as to how the incorrect items were sent to you however we do advise a refund of up to £10.00 for your returns postage as a guideline only.

If the returns postage differs from this we would advise keeping hold of your returns receipt so that this can be forwarded to our accounts department.

Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible customer service and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the frustration that you feel.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us and I do hope that this has not deterred you from shopping with us in the future.

“Shadey Station?”

Written on: 08/08/2013

I ordered 3 pairs of (expensive) sunglasses so I could chose between styles and colours. I chose ShadeStation because they promised "no hassle returns". I received the parcel safely and opened the well packaged boxes. I opened the RayBan case on the first set of glasses, looked at the colour and didn't even try them on. They were a slightly odd pink/purple frame which I wasn't expecting but that wasn't a problem. I decided to keep a pair of grey framed RayBans and packed up the purple pair and… Read Full Review

Boadie1969's Comment

Written on: 22/11/2013

Completely agree on the 'no hassle' returns, complete and utter nonsense. They seem to find anyway to NOT return your cash. They have my money & my watch, the service started so well but based on how they have dealt with us I won't be using them again

Thank you for your comments.

I am extremely sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding your order experience.

Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible customer service and this does include a no-hassle returns policy.

Providing the item is returned within 14 days of receipt in perfect, unworn condition with all of the original manufacturers packaging a full refund or exchange will be processed.

All items are checked thoroughly, on two occasions, before dispatch to ensure that they are in perfect condition.

On occasions, small marks can be missed or the parcel can be damaged in transit and to protect you, our terms and conditions do state that we must be informed within the first 7 days, of your receipt, of any damage to the frame to ensure a speedy, hassle-free return.

Our warehouse manager assesses all returns to ensure that they have been returned in perfect condition, in this instance unfortunately it was not the case and they did find damage to your frame.

The damage on the frame would not have been missed before dispatch nor done in transit and as a result we were unwilling to accept these back into stock.

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience and disappointment caused to you. Our intention is never to frustrate our customer and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the way your return was dealt with.

We do hope that, in time, you may wish to shop with us in the future.

Shade Station

“Brilliant service, highly recommended! ”

Written on: 30/07/2013 by Kezball (1 review written)

Searched net for prices and shade station was the best! Was unsure what frame colour and size to order so called and the lady I spoke to was most helpful. Received shades in 2 days, love them!! Will defo use again… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to Kezball's Review

Shade Station

“Other online retailers should take a lesson...”

Written on: 03/07/2013 by coldsmoke75 (1 review written)

Was looking for a specific pair of Oakley Jupiter Squared sunglasses (matte white frames) which VERY few UK shops seem to carry. Not only did ShadeStation carry them (and have them in stock), but they were nearly £30 cheaper than buying them directly from Oakley. Ordered a pair on 01 July and received them on 02 July via FREE next day delivery. No complaints about packaging AND got two very tasty bits of candy included (which came in handy as the package reached my desk just as I was… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to coldsmoke75's Review

Hi, thank you for your comments.

We really appreciate good customer feedback and we are very happy to hear that you have been satisfied with the service you have received.

We look forward to dealing with you again in the future.

Shade Station

“Misleading, dishonest sales - rude arrogant staff”

Written on: 11/06/2013

Ordered a pair of sunglasses on a Sunday that were showing as In stock. On the Friday I queried the order as they had not been received, only to be told that they weren't In stock and that they weren't expecting any in until the following Wednesday at the earliest! There was no apology whatsoever - they had the balls to question my attitude and things rapidly went down hill from there! Order cancelled and will not be using themagain… Read Full Review

Thank you for your comments.

Unfortunately I am unable to locate your order to go into this further however if the item/s being ordered are out of stock the website should show "7-10 days" (the time scale does differ depending on manufacturer). I am very sorry if this was not evident when placing your order.

Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible customer service and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for how you were treated by our customer service team.

We do hope that, in time, you may choose to shop with us again.

“Absolutely amazing”

Written on: 15/05/2013 by Dan.P (1 review written)

When I first needed a new backpack I decided to buy a oakley pack and researched it finding it to be about £60 in every place online. However, I then came across shadestation.co.uk offering the oakley flak pack xl for only £40 and with free delivery. I ordered around 8am on tues and it arrived midday on mon which was a great service. Not only that, but I also got free tracking included in the free p&p with Royal Mail as well as two very nice sweets in the box as well! I am very pleased with… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to Dan.P's Review

Shade Station

“Awful company, will never deal with again”

Written on: 04/05/2013

The glasses, described as having a 'medium/large' bridge, arrived and were tiny. I had them on my head for no more than 2 minutes before putting them back in their case and sending back to Shade Station, in the packaging that they arrived in, requesting an exchange for a different style. The next day I received a phone call stating that both(!) of the lenses are scratched and that they would be returning them to me. This is crazy. I am now left with a pair of glasses that do not fit, with… Read Full Review

Thank you for your comments.

Here at Shade Station we strive to offer the best possible ordering experience for our customers and this does include a no-hassle return policy.

To ensure that this can be done effectively, and to prevent any disappointment for our customers, all items are checked twice before dispatch to ensure that the item/s is in perfect condition.

All returns are assessed by our warehouse manager to ensure that they have been returned back to us in the same condition as we dispatched them in.

Unfortunately, upon assessment of your return they did find scratches on the lenses of your sunglasses - the scratches on the lenses would have been noticed before our dispatch to you and due to the frame being well protected during transit it did lead us to believe this may have been caused accidentally.

As a result of this we would have been unable to accept them back for an exchange or refund on this occasion - we are extremely sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We do hope that, in time, you may choose to shop with us in the future.

“Good Service”

Written on: 28/03/2013

Shade station offer a great range of lenses, and were the only shop I could find who had my product in stock. Communication was good, and I received an email when the item was dispatched. The only downside is that the only number you can contact them on is an 0844 which means you pay! I have just spent £70 with your company, expect to have to pay to speak to customer services! Overally good, give us a normally landline number and you'll be perfect!… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/04/2014

Hi, thank you for your kind comments.

Customer feedback is very important to us and I have passed your comments to senior management to see if this is something that could be improved upon.

We value all of our customers and do hope you order with us again in the future.

“Great customer experience”

Written on: 20/02/2013

Ordered a Marc Jacobs watch for my daughter's Christmas present. Best price and speedy delivery - what more do you need!… Read Full Review

“Excellent service.”

Written on: 20/02/2013 by jollyscarecrow (1 review written)

This site was great! I was looking around for the oakley oil rig sunglasses and noticed a lot of sites that sold fakes etc so i check all reviews and whatnot. The exact ones i wanted seemed to be out of stock or no stock indication on the sites so i emailed quite a few websites to find out if they had them or how long it would take to get them in. Shade Station was the only site to reply (guess the others didnt want to make a sale!) and at that the reply came within a couple of hours. The email… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to jollyscarecrow's Review

Hi, thank you for your comments.

We look forward to dealing with you again in the future.

“poor quality product”

Written on: 22/01/2013 by violetemma (1 review written)

Bought DKNY watch. Loved it when arrived however twice in a couple of months stones fell out. Shadesstation had the stones reset but each time it cost me £6plus to send it back. As its a braclet watch I do not think it's fit for purpose but told I needed to take complaint up with manufactures. Don't want to go down another frustrating route via internet so now have watch that don't dare wear v. often and when I do am constantly checking it… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to violetemma's Review

Thank you for your comments.

We are aware that when purchasing a luxury item this should come with a positive shopping experience and I am extremely sorry to hear of your disappointment and frustration regarding your order with us.

As a retailer, it is at our discretion whether to refund, exchange or repair the watch - all repairs are sent direct to the manufacturer for assessment and though we may request a refund or exchange it is, again, at their discretion on whether this is completed or a repair is actioned.

We do hope that you have not had any further problems with your watch and should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

“price, service,speed”

Written on: 28/11/2012 by cherrylaston (1 review written)

i ordered dkny earings for my daughter. saw them in debenhams at 80 pounds , i bought them from here for 64, great price, i ordered sunday evening n said would receive them by Tuesday fabulous, n then went on my email to track my order it stated the hour time slot when it was getting delivered, it arrived right at the beginning of the hour was well impressed will definately use this company again , waiting for the daughter to check which bracelet and watch she would like at debanhams before… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to cherrylaston's Review

“pre order what a scam”

Written on: 24/11/2012 by dallious (1 review written)

i pre ordered on sept 25 2012, got a shipment email on Nov 12 saying dispatched, today Nov 24 nothing, on nov 12 th i could have bought on ebay for cheaper price and had long time ago, so why pre order and pay for shipping and as of today nothing, pleas explain how you hyped up product as very limited and better pre order early so you get it when ebay has plenty long time now and i do not, very sad will never do this again or order from Shady Station… Read Full Review

Customerserviceshadestation's Response to dallious's Review

Thank you for your comments.

With all pre-ordered items, we were awaiting for the manufacturer to receive and dispatch the said sunglasses. Our hands are somewhat tied when it comes to delivery dates and that shown on the website would have been as up to date as possible.

Having looked into your order I can see that we were advised the frame was delayed and was not due to us until the end of December 2012, however the stock arrived much quicker than anticipated and your order was dispatched on the 12th November 20132.

From dispatch the estimated delivery time is 7-10 working days however Royal Mail guarantee delivery within 25 working days. I am extremely sorry if this was not communicated to you correctly throughout the ordering experience.

We do hope that you are happy with your purchase and, in time, may choose to shop with us again.