CarShop, Northampton Reviews

• Customer service

CarShop, Northampton - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for CarShop, Northampton

CarShop, Northampton

“WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by Mr_H_S_Mahal (1 review written)

I recently brought a vehicle from The Car Shop in Northampton. The sales team were brilliant. I took my vehicle the next day and thats when it started. The braked started screeching on my new vehicle. I booked it in with The Car Shop for the 1st time - not repaired. Booked it in for the 2nd time - not repaired Booked it in for the 3rd time, this time they had it for 4 days - NOT REPAIRED!!!!!! My vehicle is still under their warranty and is still not fixed. I have also had other faults on… Read Full Review

“Don't waste your time and money”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by Gustavo341 (1 review written)

Personally I would not recommend The Car Shop servicing, we had a service about a month ago and paid £350 on repairs including some parts on the suspension (stabilizer link) 3 weeks later we had a issue with the car steering wheel shaking, we took the car back and we were told that there was still an issue with the suspension and we need a ball joint which would be another £160. We had this replaced but then received a call to say that this had not resolved the issue and we would need to… Read Full Review

“Cheap service - not kidding”

Written on: 09/04/2014 by MrandMrsAngry1972 (1 review written)

Bought car from Norwich. Looked through paper work to find 16 months had passed since its last service. In the small print it states all cars will come with at least 3 months or 3000 miles before next service. They will try and fob you off. Stick with it, visit CAB, they are great. Issue after issue, took for a service, they could not even get that right. Did not stamp book, forgot to reset service counter, no paperwork with the service - did they do it ? 114 point check 4 months out of date… Read Full Review

“Bad Customer service, Liars and bodged cars....AVOID”

Written on: 07/04/2014 by 357Sanchez (1 review written)

I PLACED A ORDER WITH THE CARSHOP AT DONCASTER, FIRST DONT EVER DO THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR DEPOSIT!!! THE CAR CAME AND IT WAS DREADFUL, LOOKED FAB ON PICTURES.... HORRENDOUS IN REAL LIFE! AFTER SAYING I DIDNT WANT IT AND WANTED MY DEPOSIT BACK I WAS BEING TALKED INTO ALSORTS OF DEALS, IE RESPRAY OF THE CAR!, LOOK AT OTHER CARS THEY HAD.....ERR NO THANKS!!! ANYWAY NOW I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY DEPOSIT BACK AND BEING FOBBED OFF LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE. ADVICE FOR ANYONE WANTING A… Read Full Review

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 02/03/2014 by Gd2014 (1 review written)

Bought a car from CarShop Northampton in mid December 2013. Two weeks later the car broke down. I was initially told to take my car to a local Halfords motor center, however they were unable to fix the problem and suggested it should be recovered to a ford dealer. CarShop agreed to this and yet took it upon themselves to recover the car back to their own garage in an attempt to save money on the repair. 3 weeks and many irate phone calls later they finally gave in and took it to a ford… Read Full Review

“Wouldn't go again”

Written on: 11/01/2014

Brought a car from Northampton a week before Christmas. Had seen the car we wanted on the internet so the sales person came with to have a look and show in the car. Liked what we saw so test drove and decided to buy it. Not too happy with the part exchange given for our car but accepted it anyway. As they can now arrange insurance so you can take it away the same day that's what we did. Took it for a short drive the next day and felt it was pulling to the right. Used the car during the week for… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

On behalf of CarShop Northampton, I am very sorry to hear that you have been less than satisfied with your recent experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance.

We are extremely concerned issues you have raised and would welcome the opportunity review this with you in more depth, please contact us.

“after sale report, car satisfaction”

Written on: 11/01/2014

Since purchasing a vauxhall astra 1.6i 16v active in March 2012 from Carshop Northampton i have covered 18,000 troublefree miles with only the normal serviceing, and no other problems encountered. I must say I am very satisfied with the vehicle and the service received from all at carshop. I will certainly look again when considering a change of vehicle… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

We are delight to hear that your experienced with us was such a good one. Please remember to refer us to your friends and family in order to claim a £50 reward.

“Don't even bother”

Written on: 29/10/2013

I chose a vehicle from the company and was told they were going to 'service' it and 'valet' before collection that weekend. When I got there it should have all been ready - but alas not and we were kept waiting around for hours. I finally picked up the vehicle. In the 4 months I have had the the vehicle it has needed: -two new front tyres. A tyre went flat because of a bad seal between the alloy and tyre. -rear and front brakes pads -rear brake discs. Which were very expensive for this model of… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you have been less than satisfied with your recent experience with CarShop Northampton.

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance. All our vehicles are checked and prepared to the highest standards so I am surprised to hear that it was necessary for you to complete some repairs within this timeframe.

Should you wish to review the issues you have experienced further we would be happy to do so, please contact us.

“Great....unless you have a problem,”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by alittlescary (2 reviews written)

Pre-sales care was good. I was collected from the train station and was told where I could get petrol and car tax. When I collected my car the washer fluid warning light was on which I thought was strange but something that I could easily sort out at home. However on trying to fill the washer fluid it poured out all over the drive. Clearly a tube was not connected or the tank had a crack or a hole in it. Washer fluid is something that should have been picked up in the MOT and in the service… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to alittlescary's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance. All our vehicles are checked and prepared to the highest standards so I am surprised to hear that it was necessary for you to complete some repairs within this time-frame. We do have a Customer Service team who are available by phone, email and internet but am sorry that you were not able to reach anyone.

“Pleasantly surprised with service”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by gnorris75 (1 review written)

We had visited the car shop before and always joked about how many seconds it will take the salesperson to approach us. Previously they had always seemed to pop up from behind the cars like a jack in the box. However on this occasion we were pleasantly surprised. Once we were directed where to park we were introduced to a very nice salesperson. He took us to the office and asked what we were interested in. He then showed us a number of cars on the computer and once we decided which we wanted… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to gnorris75's Review

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when it is time for a change.

“Good buying experience until you have a problem!”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by Sheila0840 (1 review written)

We recently bought a 2.1/2 year old Honda Jazz from Northampton branch, and found the salesman really helpful and not pushy. As we had already made up our minds on the make and model we wanted, we were delighted to find exactly the right one on the day we visited. However, when we got the car home we discovered that the Tyre repair kit was missing the filter hose, valve remover, and the side cover (trim item which conceals compressor). My husband phoned several times and was promised they… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to Sheila0840's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

I am very sorry to hear not been entirely satisfied with your recent experience with CarShop Northampton.

“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MARCIN!”

Written on: 24/09/2013 by dmason010 (1 review written)

I feel I received very good customer service from this branch. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Marcin was the sales assistant who helped me with the purchase of the car and I feel he made the experience alot better. He wasn't pushy, but was there start to finish and put up with alot of questions asked by me. Top bloke. Dan… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to dmason010's Review

Hi,

“Car shop review”

Written on: 20/09/2013

This was my first experience of buying a car in this way and apart from a few little niggles it was fine . Strange to be met at the gate and ushered into the show room .. Would have liked to have had a good wander around first , however , I had more or less decided on the make and model of car I wanted anyway . I was very pleased that I'd taken my brother in law with me as he said a FIRM no to finance, warranty, and all the other extras ... so weren't forced to watch any videos. The salesman… Read Full Review

“Honda Jazz”

Written on: 18/09/2013

I live not too far from Car Shop Northampton and after many visits to other car traders and also to Car Shop Northampton I finally got my Honda Jazz.... service was good... but they made the rest of the experience worth the wait.... Floyd was fantastic sales specialist who took the time to go through our payments and any extras that would be offered and how much this would cost... he was fantastic.... he was amazing.... he got us through the collection process of the car very smoothly and… Read Full Review

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when it is time for a change.

“Good, but VERY pushy with extras.”

Written on: 07/09/2013 by Crush87 (1 review written)

Free ice cream was a nice touch, they make you feel special, give you plenty of time. Spoke to me and my partner for a long time to make sure we fully understand. Very good if you're not entirely sure what you're looking for as they have a database to filter down the options. However MASSIVE negative that they were REALLY pushy with the extra stuff - trying to sell £300 car seat protector to us. We said no at least 20 times, told them we were not interested AT ALL and were still forced to… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to Crush87's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance, we seem to have done some things well one this occasion, but other things not so well. We offer some great finance and insurance products so will always share these with our customers, apologies if this felt a little pushed.

“Messed about and wasted my time”

Written on: 28/08/2013 by GeeBee83 (1 review written)

I purchased a car from CarShop Northampton, on driving in to the CarShop I was hounded by a sales person, you can not drive in without having to speak to someone, I parked my car and got my children out, in that time the sales people had followed me. I had an idea of what I wanted, Mini, Focus ST or MX5. I was shown to a computer and the sales people (one was training) went through the options and said what possible cars they had, I looked round two cars. They did give the children books and… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to GeeBee83's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

“DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE”

Written on: 20/08/2013

My partner recently went to this car shop and bought a car which was worth 6000 pound but when we got home we looked again through the paperwork and it came up that the total my partner is meant to be paying has doubled that to 10,000 pound which was a joke so we returned the car and then they wanted 400 pound for mileage on the car so in other words it was 10 pound a mile. it is a ridiculous amount of money and i would not recommend this place to anyone the staff are not that great at there… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you have not been entirely satisfied with your recent experience with CarShop Northampton.

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance, we seem to have done some things well one this occasion, but other things not so well. We offer some great finance deals which are tailored to an individual’s circumstances so would be very confident that you had the best rate available.

“Two cars are better than one.”

Written on: 17/08/2013 by Lenny1690 (1 review written)

My wife and i have both got cars from Carshop Northampton in the last two years. On both occassions we had very helpful staff who listened to our reasons for wanting cars.In the wifes case she applied for and had her car within a week and in my case, due to certain reasons i had my car in just over a week. We are both happy with our cars and the conditions we were given for the finance. The sales staff do try and fob you of with stuff you dont need or want but i suppose thats part and parcel of… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to Lenny1690's Review

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when it is time for a change.

“Would never buy a car from the Carshop”

Written on: 13/08/2013

I found a car a liked and was priced well under what the car was worth. I questioned this 3 times only to be told that the low price was set buy the company that wanted to sell the car on. I accepted this and they were very helpful up until the day that i went to test drive the car. there were a few points i'd like to make regarding that. 1) I was told the car hadn't been cleaned in time for me to test drive which was fine i could cope with that but then found out they had done absolutely no… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance. It is difficult to explain mix up with the price but clearly this has caused you some inconvenience and frustration and for this I am extremely sorry.

“car purchase”

Written on: 06/08/2013

The service we got on both occasions, on visiting the Carshop, Northampton was very good, helpful and informative. We were offered refreshments and shown where to wait. We viewed several cars, test driving two of them and they found the car we are buying in Cardiff!! It was brought to Northampton in only a few days. Very pleased with the service we got.On a down side, when phoning the car shop, I had to call 4 times over 30mins before anyone answered, was put on hold (with very annoying music)… Read Full Review