CarShop, Northampton Reviews

CarShop, Northampton - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for CarShop, Northampton

CarShop, Northampton

“great customer experience”

Written on: 18/12/2014 by 475Maynard (1 review written)

Romeo was a fantastic help when I was choosing a car. I didnt know what I wanted and he patiently went through their portfolio with me. overall I was very happy with the service and I have found a beautiful car. Thanks again Romeo :)… Read Full Review

“Car not as Advertised”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by daveesh1 (1 review written)

Reserved a car last week paid a deposit was told car would be available to View Wednesday which it was test drove everything fine so far. Bought car collected Thursday that's when problems started. Got car home found there was no Bluetooth even though was advertised with Bluetooth spoke to customer services and emailed them still waiting a reply. Be careful when dealing with these people all is not what it seems… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to daveesh1's Review

Dear daveesh

I am sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with some elements of your recent dealings with CarShop.

The specifications of all our vehicles are checked thoroughly against the vehicle itself so I am surprised to hear that there may be a potential discrepancy.

I note that you have contacted our customer service team who will investigate this matter for you, I'm sure that an amicable solution will be the outcome.

“Shop elsewhere”

Written on: 15/10/2014 by Abrahamf1994 (1 review written)

Test drove a car and agreed to buy if glove box was replaced and promised low rate finance. Six days later travelled to collect car and finance deal was 10%pa more than quoted also glove box was on the front passenger seat! Staff appeared clueless as how to fix the car. We demanded a refund (which was speedily agreed) and departed with no car. Be very careful when dealing with these people. … Read Full Review

Dear Abrahamf1994

I am extremely sorry to hear that your recent experience with CarShop has fallen below our usual high standards. Whilst I cannot comment on the individual circumstances you have described, it certainly seems that we have some food for thought regarding how we ready our vehicles and represent finance.

I hope you have found a suitable vehicle and wish you many years of happy motoring.

“Be very wary”

Written on: 10/10/2014

Placed a deposit on car, after we were offered a £600 price reduction. The "adviser" told us that the £600 would not show on the deposit receipt. Perhaps that should have sounded the alarm. Went to pick the car up and was told discount was only £300 and that they had made a mistake and if we wanted the car we would have to pay. Also no parcel shelf, but we were told when we placed the deposit this would be sorted. Guess what, no parcel shelf and if we wanted one then we would have to… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

I am extremely sorry to hear that you have experienced these issue when purchasing your car from us recently. It is our aim to be completely transparent with regards to a vehicle's price and what our customers can expect from their vehicle.

Should you not be satisfied with the condition of the vehicle or feel that parts are missing then we would be pleased to review this with you. Please contact us.

CarShop Northampton

“Worst customer experience after spending 16k”

Written on: 12/09/2014

Brought a vilkswagon golf From them for 16k had various issues since purchasing first of all the business speacialist fovbed me off there comunication between each department is ridiculous. Took my car in 4 times since had it now as i get getting water in rear headlight. I spoke to someone said would Come in 9:30 so they would fix while i wait arrived at 9:20 no one around went to the next bit to ask someone ahe didnt bother calling anyone just said to wait finially he came took my keys didnt… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

I am extremely sorry to hear that your recent experience with us seems to have fallen below the standards that we would expect. It is our intention that our team will communicate clearly with customers throughout our process and it seems we have failed to do so on this occasion.

We appreciate all feedback and act upon it in order to try and avoid such instances arising again. We wish you many years of happy motoring and do hope to see you again in the future.

“Terrible Customer Experience”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by Mr_Lee (1 review written)

I spent over £13k with them a few weeks ago. Drove the car away, got a mile down the road and realised they had a) left 0 miles of fuel in the car b) left three of the tyres with low pressure When I rectified the above I got on the motorway only to find the car shakes to the point my three year olds voice was shaking when she spoke. I called to complain immediately and the chap proceeded to tell me how 'he could not help me' for about a week! No apology until I eventually lost my cool and… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Mr_Lee's Review

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you have been left less than satisfied with your recent experience at CarShop. It is very disappointing that the vehicle left us with a vibration but please rest assured that we will resolve the matter fully for you- on this occasion I believe that taking the vehicle to our local authorised repairer was more convenient that bringing it back to us.

CarShop Northampton

“Terrible customer service ”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by kim128 (1 review written)

We were after a c1, 107 or aygo and they showed us an agila with 60000+ miles and an aygo with similar mileage. Whilst my husband went for a test drive I looked around the cars and found a c1 for the same price with 15000 less miles on the clock but we hadn't been shown this which I found a little odd, we did like the c1 however so put a deposit on it. Straight after doing this they were near impossible to contact. Had to ring one day for 45 minutes before getting through to someone only to be… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to kim128's Review

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to feed back on your recent experience with CarShop. We are sorry that we were not able to do communicate with you more effectively and that this lead to you withdrawing from the deal.It is clear that we have failed to live up to your expectations and our own high standards and we will use your review to help us develop and improve our service level.

CarShop Northampton

“WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by Mr_H_S_Mahal (1 review written)

I recently brought a vehicle from The Car Shop in Northampton. The sales team were brilliant. I took my vehicle the next day and thats when it started. The braked started screeching on my new vehicle. I booked it in with The Car Shop for the 1st time - not repaired. Booked it in for the 2nd time - not repaired Booked it in for the 3rd time, this time they had it for 4 days - NOT REPAIRED!!!!!! My vehicle is still under their warranty and is still not fixed. I have also had other faults on… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Mr_H_S_Mahal's Review

Written on: 06/11/2014

Mr Mahal

Thank you for providing a review of your recent experience with CarShop. I am extremely sorry to see that we have not been able to more effectively resolve the issues you have reported with your vehicle after purchase. We offer a 3 month/ 3000 mile guarantee with all vehicles so repairing your vehicle was never in question, it seems like the quality of the workmanship has let us down on this occasion. Please rest assured that this is the exception to a usually effective repair process although it is clear that we have an area here where we need to improve.

CarShop Northampton

“Don't waste your time and money”

Written on: 25/04/2014 by Gustavo341 (1 review written)

Personally I would not recommend The Car Shop servicing, we had a service about a month ago and paid £350 on repairs including some parts on the suspension (stabilizer link) 3 weeks later we had a issue with the car steering wheel shaking, we took the car back and we were told that there was still an issue with the suspension and we need a ball joint which would be another £160. We had this replaced but then received a call to say that this had not resolved the issue and we would need to… Read Full Review

Written on: 03/11/2014

Dear Gustavo341

I am sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with the service you received when visiting us for repairs. Please rest assured that any diagnosis that we reported and repairs completed would have been done with the best if intentions. Our Service Centre has an extremely high satisfaction rating so I am surprised that your experience does not mirror this. Customer's feedback is an important tool in our quest to improve our offering so we thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts and can assure you that we have taken them on board.

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 02/03/2014 by Gd2014 (1 review written)

Bought a car from CarShop Northampton in mid December 2013. Two weeks later the car broke down. I was initially told to take my car to a local Halfords motor center, however they were unable to fix the problem and suggested it should be recovered to a ford dealer. CarShop agreed to this and yet took it upon themselves to recover the car back to their own garage in an attempt to save money on the repair. 3 weeks and many irate phone calls later they finally gave in and took it to a ford… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Gd2014's Review

Written on: 03/11/2014

Dear Gd2014

I am sorry to hear that you experienced issue with your vehicle after purchase and that you were disappointed with the way CarShop attempted to resolve the matter.

Please rest assured that when repairing your vehicle we have were acting with the best of intentions and seeking to repair the vehicle was swiftly and effectively as possible. We will always try and repair the vehicle in our workshop first, however there are times when we need to advanced diagnostic capabilities of a main dealer.

“Wouldn't go again”

Written on: 11/01/2014

Brought a car from Northampton a week before Christmas. Had seen the car we wanted on the internet so the sales person came with to have a look and show in the car. Liked what we saw so test drove and decided to buy it. Not too happy with the part exchange given for our car but accepted it anyway. As they can now arrange insurance so you can take it away the same day that's what we did. Took it for a short drive the next day and felt it was pulling to the right. Used the car during the week for… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

On behalf of CarShop Northampton, I am very sorry to hear that you have been less than satisfied with your recent experience with us.

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance.

We are extremely concerned issues you have raised and would welcome the opportunity review this with you in more depth, please contact us.

“after sale report, car satisfaction”

Written on: 11/01/2014

Since purchasing a vauxhall astra 1.6i 16v active in March 2012 from Carshop Northampton i have covered 18,000 troublefree miles with only the normal serviceing, and no other problems encountered. I must say I am very satisfied with the vehicle and the service received from all at carshop. I will certainly look again when considering a change of vehicle… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

We are delight to hear that your experienced with us was such a good one. Please remember to refer us to your friends and family in order to claim a £50 reward.

“Don't even bother”

Written on: 29/10/2013

I chose a vehicle from the company and was told they were going to 'service' it and 'valet' before collection that weekend. When I got there it should have all been ready - but alas not and we were kept waiting around for hours. I finally picked up the vehicle. In the 4 months I have had the the vehicle it has needed: -two new front tyres. A tyre went flat because of a bad seal between the alloy and tyre. -rear and front brakes pads -rear brake discs. Which were very expensive for this model of… Read Full Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you have been less than satisfied with your recent experience with CarShop Northampton.

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance. All our vehicles are checked and prepared to the highest standards so I am surprised to hear that it was necessary for you to complete some repairs within this timeframe.

Should you wish to review the issues you have experienced further we would be happy to do so, please contact us.

“Great....unless you have a problem,”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by alittlescary (2 reviews written)

Pre-sales care was good. I was collected from the train station and was told where I could get petrol and car tax. When I collected my car the washer fluid warning light was on which I thought was strange but something that I could easily sort out at home. However on trying to fill the washer fluid it poured out all over the drive. Clearly a tube was not connected or the tank had a crack or a hole in it. Washer fluid is something that should have been picked up in the MOT and in the service… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to alittlescary's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance. All our vehicles are checked and prepared to the highest standards so I am surprised to hear that it was necessary for you to complete some repairs within this time-frame. We do have a Customer Service team who are available by phone, email and internet but am sorry that you were not able to reach anyone.

“Pleasantly surprised with service”

Written on: 14/10/2013 by gnorris75 (1 review written)

We had visited the car shop before and always joked about how many seconds it will take the salesperson to approach us. Previously they had always seemed to pop up from behind the cars like a jack in the box. However on this occasion we were pleasantly surprised. Once we were directed where to park we were introduced to a very nice salesperson. He took us to the office and asked what we were interested in. He then showed us a number of cars on the computer and once we decided which we wanted… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to gnorris75's Review

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when it is time for a change.

“Good buying experience until you have a problem!”

Written on: 25/09/2013 by Sheila0840 (1 review written)

We recently bought a 2.1/2 year old Honda Jazz from Northampton branch, and found the salesman really helpful and not pushy. As we had already made up our minds on the make and model we wanted, we were delighted to find exactly the right one on the day we visited. However, when we got the car home we discovered that the Tyre repair kit was missing the filter hose, valve remover, and the side cover (trim item which conceals compressor). My husband phoned several times and was promised they… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to Sheila0840's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

I am very sorry to hear not been entirely satisfied with your recent experience with CarShop Northampton.

“EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM MARCIN!”

Written on: 24/09/2013 by dmason010 (1 review written)

I feel I received very good customer service from this branch. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Marcin was the sales assistant who helped me with the purchase of the car and I feel he made the experience alot better. He wasn't pushy, but was there start to finish and put up with alot of questions asked by me. Top bloke. Dan… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to dmason010's Review

“Car shop review”

Written on: 20/09/2013

This was my first experience of buying a car in this way and apart from a few little niggles it was fine . Strange to be met at the gate and ushered into the show room .. Would have liked to have had a good wander around first , however , I had more or less decided on the make and model of car I wanted anyway . I was very pleased that I'd taken my brother in law with me as he said a FIRM no to finance, warranty, and all the other extras ... so weren't forced to watch any videos. The salesman… Read Full Review

“Honda Jazz”

Written on: 18/09/2013

I live not too far from Car Shop Northampton and after many visits to other car traders and also to Car Shop Northampton I finally got my Honda Jazz.... service was good... but they made the rest of the experience worth the wait.... Floyd was fantastic sales specialist who took the time to go through our payments and any extras that would be offered and how much this would cost... he was fantastic.... he was amazing.... he got us through the collection process of the car very smoothly and… Read Full Review

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when it is time for a change.

“Good, but VERY pushy with extras.”

Written on: 07/09/2013 by Crush87 (1 review written)

Free ice cream was a nice touch, they make you feel special, give you plenty of time. Spoke to me and my partner for a long time to make sure we fully understand. Very good if you're not entirely sure what you're looking for as they have a database to filter down the options. However MASSIVE negative that they were REALLY pushy with the extra stuff - trying to sell £300 car seat protector to us. We said no at least 20 times, told them we were not interested AT ALL and were still forced to… Read Full Review

Carshop-Northampton's Response to Crush87's Review

Written on: 14/02/2014

Thanks you for taking the time to feed back to us and helping us to improve our performance, we seem to have done some things well one this occasion, but other things not so well. We offer some great finance and insurance products so will always share these with our customers, apologies if this felt a little pushed.