CarShop, Northampton Reviews

CarShop, Northampton - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for CarShop, Northampton

CarShop, Northampton

“Great service!”

Written on: 29/04/2015 by STACEYW123 (1 review written)

Bought my last three cars from Carshop Northampton. The choice and prices are great and the service I received was quick and professional. Will deffinately keep purchasing from them!… Read Full Review

“Couple hours search”

Written on: 06/04/2015 by 327Dillon (1 review written)

We had searched the web site and decided between 2 cars. Travelled down and was greeted by friendly staff. We went for test drive in both cars. We explained that this car was the second car in the household. Main purpose for the wife to commute to work and drive locally. He was very informative and explained economics of cars and this enabled us to make a final decision. We were then introduced to finance assistant. Who was very thorough and precise on all documents. Very knowledgable and… Read Full Review

“Great car, great team”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by LPap10010 (1 review written)

Made an appointment to see a Corsa, when went to their site the car was ready and had been cleaned and they had assigned a salesman - Romeo to me. We went out in the car and I liked it (I had driven one elsewhere before) so I proceeded. I did not need much convincing but I felt that Romeo got the right balanced between attentiveness and backing off to allow me to decide myself. I was waiting for some money to come through so I just paid a £300 deposit to secure it and agreed that I would come… Read Full Review

“Great choice”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Badgersmum (1 review written)

We chose this dealership as it was close to us and having looked on their website we new there was a wide variety of vehicles. Open minded and not sure what we wanted, upon arrival we were greeted at the entrance by a charming young lady who explained everything and showed us where to park our car. We were the introduced to a young guy, looked after us from there on. He found us the exact car that met all our needs, let us both my husband and I drive it, nothing was to much bother, would… Read Full Review

“Very satisfied”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by Lewisthomas (1 review written)

Purchased a Audi A3 last week from the showroom at northampton, All the staff were friendly and polite, once we purchased the A3, we were given a date to collect it and when we arrived we there less than 30 minutes before we were driving home… Read Full Review

“Outstanding, Relaxed Service”

Written on: 30/03/2015 by arsenalgunner (1 review written)

The service we received from the sales team was outstanding, from the moment we arrived there was no pressure, I will be reccomending Car Shop to my Family and will be back to change the wifes car soon. The process is in sections, you choose your car with the sales team and then get introduced to the Business manager and then finally to the collection department from where you collect your car, but the whole thing runs smoothly… Read Full Review

“Fantastic Service”

Written on: 25/03/2015 by Emily_Cataldo (1 review written)

We Arrived to find the vehicle that we enquired about over the telephone out by the showroom ready for us to view. We were then met by a pleasant young gent who explained everything about the car to us and took us on a test drive, once we returned we were left to look around the vehicle alone, which gave us time to chat about things, once we returned to the showroom we were given hot drinks whilst our vehicle was brought around and a manager looked over it, Finally we came to an agreement on… Read Full Review

“Much better than I expected”

Written on: 24/03/2015 by sarahwelham (1 review written)

Called in to the Northampton branch last week to find a new car. All the staff seemed friendly and we ended up spending most of our time with a guy. As i had no clear idea about what i wanted he had to help me narrow down my selection. After much discussion and many test drives i chose a mini. Next we were passed on to another guy to sort through the finance options and paperwork. This is normally a very lengthy process but he managed to get through it in less than hour. Finally we were off to… Read Full Review

“Fantastic showroom, helpful staff”

Written on: 24/02/2015 by Shellyo85 (1 review written)

I first went to the Carshop in October 2014. I brought a BMW 120 diesel 60 plate 70,000 miles. I had only had the car a week before I heard a noise coming from under the bonnet. I rang the Carshop and informed them and they sent the car to a BMW specialist and supplied me with a courtesy car for 2 weeks whilst the car was being looked at. Sadly the car wasn't economical for them to repair as the timing chain was on its way out, so they asked for the car back and we choose a Golf. No issues with… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Shellyo85's Review

Written on: 07/03/2015

Dear Shellyo85

We hope that you are enjoying your new car, don't forget to recommend us to friends and family!

You know where to come for your when its time for a change and we look forward to seeing you then.

“DO NOT BUY ”

Written on: 28/01/2015 by Riti (1 review written)

Brought an astra £7000 2013 with RAC warranty paid £500 for this 2yr plan. Was told that everything covered. I have done 17k miles after 1 1/2 yrs driven 25yrs never had clutch issue. Well last week it broke down garage checked clutch worn no friction at all , this falls under wear and tear so they refused claim. It was so worn that likely to to have caused by previous owner not me I never ride clutch pedal always place my foot down! I am now out if pocket a lot money not happy as car only… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Riti's Review

Written on: 13/02/2015

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us about your recent experience. We are extremely sorry to hear that you you have been left dissatisfied by the warranty product you purchased from us along with the vehicle. We firmly believe that this product offers excellent value for money, it has been of great use to a number of customers.

Should you wish to review this with us further we would be pleased to look into the matter, please contact us.

Stephenwelham's Response to Riti's Review

Written on: 25/03/2015

Riti - we're sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the warranty you purchased. Unfortunately a clutch is an item on the car that is subject to wear and tear in the same way that brakes and tyres are. Our RAC Approved Warranty offers a similar level of cover for mechanical issues as most warranties but as with most warranties does not cover wear and tear items. All CarShop vehicles are prepared to a high standard but have obviously been subject to use from their previous owners and therefore we always encourage customers to budget for the continued running costs of their vehicles to cover any repairs required due to wear and tear.

“Fantastic!”

Written on: 26/01/2015 by craigieb92 (1 review written)

From the moment I spoke to the first member of staff on the phone, to the moment I picked my car up and drove it away, I had nothing but an amazing experience with the car shop in Northampton. Every member of staff I had dealt with was extremely welcoming and professional, from the show room to the service centre. All were extremely friendly and made the experience such a pleasurable one. The car itself is superb. I came to the showroom having only seen the pictures on the internet, and I was… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to craigieb92's Review

Dear craigieb92

“Bmw convertible purchase”

Written on: 10/01/2015 by Santosy1958 (1 review written)

The experience of buying my bmw convertible was a dream from start to finish. Customer satisfaction is at a premium at the car shop. Nothing was too much trouble. Staff members wanted to put themselves out more than I wanted them to! A highly professional and polished, yet personalised service. No hard sell, just good old fashioned support. I will definitely shop with them again. I even bought the extra service and mot package because I trust them so much. The car itself is fantastic. Not… Read Full Review

Dear Santosy1958

I am sure you will see when you come back for your Service and MOT that the service level is just as good!

“great customer experience”

Written on: 18/12/2014 by 475Maynard (1 review written)

Romeo was a fantastic help when I was choosing a car. I didnt know what I wanted and he patiently went through their portfolio with me. overall I was very happy with the service and I have found a beautiful car. Thanks again Romeo :)… Read Full Review

Dear 475Maynard

We are delighted that your recent experience with us was so positive and appreciate you taking the time to feedback on it. You kind words will be passed on to the individual involved.

“Car not as Advertised”

Written on: 27/10/2014 by daveesh1 (1 review written)

Reserved a car last week paid a deposit was told car would be available to View Wednesday which it was test drove everything fine so far. Bought car collected Thursday that's when problems started. Got car home found there was no Bluetooth even though was advertised with Bluetooth spoke to customer services and emailed them still waiting a reply. Be careful when dealing with these people all is not what it seems… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to daveesh1's Review

Dear daveesh

I am sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with some elements of your recent dealings with CarShop.

The specifications of all our vehicles are checked thoroughly against the vehicle itself so I am surprised to hear that there may be a potential discrepancy.

I note that you have contacted our customer service team who will investigate this matter for you, I'm sure that an amicable solution will be the outcome.

“Shop elsewhere”

Written on: 15/10/2014 by Abrahamf1994 (1 review written)

Test drove a car and agreed to buy if glove box was replaced and promised low rate finance. Six days later travelled to collect car and finance deal was 10%pa more than quoted also glove box was on the front passenger seat! Staff appeared clueless as how to fix the car. We demanded a refund (which was speedily agreed) and departed with no car. Be very careful when dealing with these people. … Read Full Review

Dear Abrahamf1994

I am extremely sorry to hear that your recent experience with CarShop has fallen below our usual high standards. Whilst I cannot comment on the individual circumstances you have described, it certainly seems that we have some food for thought regarding how we ready our vehicles and represent finance.

I hope you have found a suitable vehicle and wish you many years of happy motoring.

“Be very wary”

Written on: 10/10/2014

Placed a deposit on car, after we were offered a £600 price reduction. The "adviser" told us that the £600 would not show on the deposit receipt. Perhaps that should have sounded the alarm. Went to pick the car up and was told discount was only £300 and that they had made a mistake and if we wanted the car we would have to pay. Also no parcel shelf, but we were told when we placed the deposit this would be sorted. Guess what, no parcel shelf and if we wanted one then we would have to… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

I am extremely sorry to hear that you have experienced these issue when purchasing your car from us recently. It is our aim to be completely transparent with regards to a vehicle's price and what our customers can expect from their vehicle.

Should you not be satisfied with the condition of the vehicle or feel that parts are missing then we would be pleased to review this with you. Please contact us.

CarShop Northampton

“Worst customer experience after spending 16k”

Written on: 12/09/2014

Brought a vilkswagon golf From them for 16k had various issues since purchasing first of all the business speacialist fovbed me off there comunication between each department is ridiculous. Took my car in 4 times since had it now as i get getting water in rear headlight. I spoke to someone said would Come in 9:30 so they would fix while i wait arrived at 9:20 no one around went to the next bit to ask someone ahe didnt bother calling anyone just said to wait finially he came took my keys didnt… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2014

I am extremely sorry to hear that your recent experience with us seems to have fallen below the standards that we would expect. It is our intention that our team will communicate clearly with customers throughout our process and it seems we have failed to do so on this occasion.

We appreciate all feedback and act upon it in order to try and avoid such instances arising again. We wish you many years of happy motoring and do hope to see you again in the future.

“Terrible Customer Experience”

Written on: 11/09/2014 by Mr_Lee (1 review written)

I spent over £13k with them a few weeks ago. Drove the car away, got a mile down the road and realised they had a) left 0 miles of fuel in the car b) left three of the tyres with low pressure When I rectified the above I got on the motorway only to find the car shakes to the point my three year olds voice was shaking when she spoke. I called to complain immediately and the chap proceeded to tell me how 'he could not help me' for about a week! No apology until I eventually lost my cool and… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Mr_Lee's Review

Hi,

We are sorry to hear that you have been left less than satisfied with your recent experience at CarShop. It is very disappointing that the vehicle left us with a vibration but please rest assured that we will resolve the matter fully for you- on this occasion I believe that taking the vehicle to our local authorised repairer was more convenient that bringing it back to us.

CarShop Northampton

“Terrible customer service ”

Written on: 02/09/2014 by kim128 (1 review written)

We were after a c1, 107 or aygo and they showed us an agila with 60000+ miles and an aygo with similar mileage. Whilst my husband went for a test drive I looked around the cars and found a c1 for the same price with 15000 less miles on the clock but we hadn't been shown this which I found a little odd, we did like the c1 however so put a deposit on it. Straight after doing this they were near impossible to contact. Had to ring one day for 45 minutes before getting through to someone only to be… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to kim128's Review

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to feed back on your recent experience with CarShop. We are sorry that we were not able to do communicate with you more effectively and that this lead to you withdrawing from the deal.It is clear that we have failed to live up to your expectations and our own high standards and we will use your review to help us develop and improve our service level.

CarShop Northampton

“WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE”

Written on: 22/07/2014 by Mr_H_S_Mahal (1 review written)

I recently brought a vehicle from The Car Shop in Northampton. The sales team were brilliant. I took my vehicle the next day and thats when it started. The braked started screeching on my new vehicle. I booked it in with The Car Shop for the 1st time - not repaired. Booked it in for the 2nd time - not repaired Booked it in for the 3rd time, this time they had it for 4 days - NOT REPAIRED!!!!!! My vehicle is still under their warranty and is still not fixed. I have also had other faults on… Read Full Review

Carshop Northampton's Response to Mr_H_S_Mahal's Review

Written on: 06/11/2014

Mr Mahal

Thank you for providing a review of your recent experience with CarShop. I am extremely sorry to see that we have not been able to more effectively resolve the issues you have reported with your vehicle after purchase. We offer a 3 month/ 3000 mile guarantee with all vehicles so repairing your vehicle was never in question, it seems like the quality of the workmanship has let us down on this occasion. Please rest assured that this is the exception to a usually effective repair process although it is clear that we have an area here where we need to improve.