Navman 520i Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Navman 520i - Ask a question now

Navman 520i

“Used it countless of times and have always got to...”

Written on: 01/11/2008 by topman25 (1 review written)

Used it countless of times and have always got to correct destinations. The thing I like most is that the symbols for next instructions is exactly like its laid out on the road Eg..roundabouts etc... This sat nav has never let me down. Although it can take a while to pick up GPS. but once its going it's brillant. It's voice directions is clear and loud enough for even using in the noisest car/van… Read Full Review

Navman 520i

“I've had two built-in Toyota systems (first one very...”

Written on: 12/08/2006 by Jim Simpson (2 reviews written)

I've had two built-in Toyota systems (first one very good - second one - 54-reg Avensis - was rubbish). Replaced it with a Navman 520 which was very good. The Navman was £250, the Nuvi 300 is £219 and is much better. I just wish I could get reasonably-priced maps for trips to USA/Canada but not yet. You can't go wrong with this little jewel!… Read Full Review

Navman 520i

“Generally, Navman 520i is quite good and once working...”

Written on: 19/06/2006 by wasemj (5 reviews written)

Generally, Navman 520i is quite good and once working - has always got me where I want to go. The interface options are as good as any other device I've seen in use and the maps are as clear as they need to be.

Camera databases only sold seperatley, bit clunky to get working but once installed and setup then is generally ok.

The satelite pickup and the partial postcode is the only two problems with this item - outside of that then it does everything it should and a little more… Read Full Review

Navman 520i

“I have a Tom Tom One and my girlfriend has a NavMan...”

Written on: 17/06/2006 by akajonnyg (1 review written)

I have a Tom Tom One and my girlfriend has a NavMan 520i. What a world of difference! The Tom Tom is excellent and gets you where you are going quickly, and efficiently. It also has a choice of fastest, shortest, avoid motorways and walking routes. The graphics are clear and the voice very audible! The NavMan is the opposite - I used it for 2 weeks and could take no more. It had me going up dirt tracks to motorways, off a bridge onto the M25 (30 feet below), off at restricted works exits. It… Read Full Review

Navman 520i

“I bought a stand alone Sat Nav instead of using...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by ladygolfer (1 review written)

I bought a stand alone Sat Nav instead of using organisers with an attachment. The Navman 520i is a complete waste of money. I have nearly thrown the thing out of the car window in frustration at its lack of directions/wrong direction/losing signal.

For example it can take up to 15 minutes to get a GPS Signal and position. The unit will try take you on and off Motorways via Bridges and motorway service areas! In one case I was told to turn left, turn right perform a you turn - all while… Read Full Review