Black & Decker GS1800 Shredder Reviews

Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder

Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder

“The Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder was very cheap...”

Written on: 04/03/2009

The Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder was very cheap when I got it, and they allowed me to see how it works. It did the work ok but very difficult to insert anything not straight into the rather small hole.
Then one day after a good day work it decided to slow down and that was that.
I will personally try a Bosh next… Read Full Review

Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder

“Totally inadequate for anything other than very...”

Written on: 28/03/2007 by Parkes Don (1 review written)

Totally inadequate for anything other than very occasional light use.
On/Off switch broke within i year of very occasional use and had to be repaired by owner as cost of B&D repair almost as dear as replacing the shredder.

A very frustrating machine to own and I am going to replace with alternative make,assuming other brands are more fit for purpose than this particular product… Read Full Review

375961_Whitesm's Response to 283553_Parkes Don's Review

Written on: 22/06/2008

I wish I'd read it first before bidding on the machine on eBay. Now hoping I get out bid!
<br/>
<br/>However, I have a very small garden and do only want it for occasional use, so maybe I'll be OK.

Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder

“Totally inadequate for anything other than very...”

Written on: 28/03/2007 by Parkes Don (1 review written)

Totally inadequate for anything other than very occasional light use.

The On/Off switch broke within 1 year of very occasional use, and had to be repaired by owner, as cost of Black & Decker repair was almost as dear as replacing the GS1800 shredder.

A very frustrating machine to own, and I am going to replace it with an alternative make, assuming other brands are more fit for purpose than this particular product… Read Full Review

Black and Decker GS1800 Shredder

“My Black and Decker GS1800 Garden Shredder tended to...”

Written on: 08/02/2007 by BTR (1 review written)

My Black and Decker GS1800 Garden Shredder tended to block regularly. I couldn't unscrew the blades to change them, and I had to pay for them to be removed. The switch broke after two years' fairly infrequent use. I was quoted £80 for the cost of a new switch - more than the cost of a new one!

I recommend buying a different make… Read Full Review

Andyv's Response to BTR's Review

Written on: 08/02/2007

I borrowed a Black and Decker GS1800 Garden Shredder, and I found it blocked really quickly and easily. It is not the best tool for the garden.