Vauxhall Zafira Club 1.6i 16v Reviews

• Practicality

• Reliability

Vauxhall Zafira Club 1.6i 16v - Ask a question now

“Not too chuffed”

Written on: 04/07/2012 by Leonski99 (1 review written)

1999-2005 Zafira Club 16V DOHC 1.6 Nothing but engine related problems. Particularly, idling concerns. Checked on the Vauxhall Mig Website. My car is prone to "breathing" issues. I blanked off the EGR no probs thanks to the great advice on this site. However, I was had 2 sets of spark plugs, fuel filter, 2 oil filters, air filter, new air flow sensor, EGR valve blanked, throttle housing cleaned, 2 lots of engine flush applied directly into manifold. In the end the piston rings and the cylinder… Read Full Review

“3 years of returning to garage by RAC for new EGR...”

Written on: 24/07/2009

3 years of returning to garage by RAC for new EGR valves never knowing whether you are going to get there or back on motorway. Versatility - great loved the way it handled - when it was working. Shape, comfort and handling great reliability poor. Would I buy another now I finally have got rid - probably not truly a love hate relationship. Would definately look on net for faults on any new car I buy. I felt cheated by Vauxhall in that there main dealer said this was a 1 in ten fault on this… Read Full Review

“The ERG valve seems to go wrong every year, leaving me...”

Written on: 31/03/2009

The ERG valve seems to go wrong every year, leaving me stranded and waiting for a pick up truck. When the AA or RAC arrive they say it is not bringing anything up on their computer even though there is an engine management light on. Seem to get charged alot by Vauxhall garages to get the computer plugged in when I know there is a problem, they tell me there isn't. Even when I leave them the problem occures again, but I didn't want to go back to get charged even more.

“All the above bad points (except fuel gauge) can be...”

Written on: 04/06/2008 by bevh34 (1 review written)

All the above bad points (except fuel gauge) can be fixed for £30 by getting a BLANKING GASKET fitted, instead of paying thousands for unecessary parts.
The blanking gasket tells the computer that there is no egr valve and the car runs back to being perfect.
After going to vauxhall and being told it could cost at least £1000 to put right, we spoke to a family member who told us about the blanking gasket. We took it to evans halshaw and the mechanic there said he'd fitted loads on Zafiras!
20… Read Full Review

Davie Bertram's Response to bevh34's Review

Written on: 06/09/2008

Got a Zafira 1.6 club. Under 2000 revs it's very sluggish then over 2000 it's like a turbo kicks in. Also on slight hills having to constantly change down gears because no pulling power. Sometimes doesn't start, have to leave it 2 or 3 mins then starts fine. Was this like your problem before your blanking gasket? Please help, it's doing my head in.
<br/>thanks