Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi L Auto Reviews

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Kia Sedona 2.9 CRDi L Auto - Ask a question now

“2001 kia sedona 2.9 turbo diesel ”

Written on: 19/01/2011

2001 kia sedona 2.9 turbo diesel
best kept secret in motoring we covered over 170000 miles in our kia with a minimum of problems and a lot of fun drove all over europe over the years and apart from a slight problem with a gear selector cable in andorra this summer we have had very little trouble.the kia would still be on the road had i not overlooked the changing of the cam belt and ruined my own engine.we have test driven many new and second hand cars guess what we repiaced our kia with ?… Read Full Review

“if you consider purchasing this car you will need very...”

Written on: 04/05/2010

if you consider purchasing this car you will need very deep pockets filled with money as you will encounter lots of garage bills due to the fuel system and kia will not show no interest if the car is out of warrenty even by one day even if it is a known fault.
they will just ignore your efforts for dialogue until you give up.
so my advice is tochalkit up to experiance like i have even though it has lost me over £3000 on a 5 year old car.

“sorry to hear all your problems but ive had all makes...”

Written on: 20/03/2010

sorry to hear all your problems but ive had all makes ford vauxhall audi and merc but all have had problems every few months? i use my kia all day on the road and covered 70k in the past two years with not one fault just brake pads and they do eat front tyres. other than the paint job bieng poor and the heater fan getting a bit noisy on low its the most reliable car i have ever owned… Read Full Review

“i have a 2002 kia sedona 2.9 diesel automatic, i would...”

Written on: 11/02/2010

i have a 2002 kia sedona 2.9 diesel automatic, i would like to know if any one else has had this problem, when it is very cold the car will just about move and chucks out loads of black smoke, when it is warm it is a bit better , we bought the car in the summer and all was good until the cold weather came along, can any one help?… Read Full Review

“I RETIRED IN 2003 AND PURCHASED A 2.9 CRDI SEDONA LX...”

Written on: 04/02/2010 by edwardsreview (1 review written)

I RETIRED IN 2003 AND PURCHASED A 2.9 CRDI SEDONA LX WITH THE BELIEF, THAT MY LOW MILEAGE EXPECTANCY WOULD GIVE LONG LIFE TO THE VEHICLE, AND WAS ADVISED THAT A 2.9
DIESEL ENGINE WOULD BE GOOD FOR 100000 MILES OR MORE. THIS IS GENERALLY TRUE FOR
CAR MANUFACTURERS, KIA`S SEDONA APPEARS TO BE THE EXCEPTION. MY SEDONA HAS DONE
66000 MILES APPROXIMATELY, I CANNOT BE EXACT, AS WHILST I AM WITHOUT MY SED0NA
HERE NEAR BOURNEMOUTH, IT HAS BEEN TOWED FROM THE M5 MOTORWAY, TO THE NEAREST KIA
DEALER AT… Read Full Review

“3 times on the same Kia Sedona car the fuel system...”

Written on: 21/07/2009

3 times on the same Kia Sedona car the fuel system went down,once under warranty great!2nd time i was told i had put petrol in it so i told the insurance i had so i could claim 3rd time,same problem i got shut cos i knew the systems...cost me a 5 thousand pound loss. what a nightmare it turned out to be.it broke my heart,i thought it was the car of my dreams… Read Full Review

“The dealer I bought my Kia Sedona from told me the...”

Written on: 30/07/2008 by big eddie (1 review written)

The dealer I bought my Kia Sedona from told me the fuel was contaminated so excessive water in the fuel damages the fuel pump and pipes due to lack of lubrication. I was advised to ask about if any one else has had the same problem. Passing blame to the service/petrol station where I regularly go, not to manufacturers. If there is a consistent fault with these units surely Kia must be held responsible and recall or fix these weak links. They should develop their fuel system so that is not so… Read Full Review

“So far so good, the car is roomy, smooth and not too...”

Written on: 02/12/2006 by glasgow8 (1 review written)

So far so good, the car is roomy, smooth and not too thirsty. The 2.9i power unit pulls smoothly and reasonably quietly considering the size of the vehicle and build quality seems good and solid. Early days yet but so far, impressive start… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆

“I bought a low milage (for the year) 3 year old Sedona...”

Written on: 11/07/2006 by Peterwell (1 review written)

I bought a low milage (for the year) 3 year old Sedona 2.9 Diesel Auto which packed in totally on me while driving along about a month ago. The car has done 50k miles and is now 4 years old. I took it to a Kia dealership to get the problem diagnosed and was given the shocking news that the fuel pump had disintegrated and will need replacing, along with all linings and injectors. The price will be between £3000 and £4000 to fix. The dealership recommended speaking to Kia who, on my first… Read Full Review

Jendie's Response to Peterwell's Review

Written on: 25/07/2006

I had exactly the same problem with my 03 Sedona. The engine suddenly failed on a very busy and fast dual carriageway. We were in a very dangerous position and I had three young children on board. It was a blazing hot day in June, the heat was unbearable and the AA took almost two hours to arrive. The car was relayed back to the dealership where we were told the fuel pump needed replacement at a cost of £3,000. The car was two months out of warranty and KIA did eventually agree to pay 55 per cent of the costs, still leaving us with a very hefty bill. We have since found the fuel pump fitted to our car was from an earlier year, a time when KIA had recognised there was a major problem with the pumps. The specialist who replaced the pump told us his company had dealt with more than 150 KIAs.
<br/>
<br/>It is an appalling situation.

Ibitola's Response to Peterwell's Review

Written on: 04/05/2009

Well I had the same problem with my Kia Sedona year 03, at a traffic light on a very busy road. Since I had this car less than a year ago it has been one problem or the other, name any component from the engine compartment, it has been replaced yet the car only last few weeks before another problem reappears.

Dickobrown's Response to Peterwell's Review

Written on: 08/03/2008

Hey You are not alone I have a 2002 plate sedonna with the same problem its just cost me £200.00 for a new EGR valve and i was told my fuel pump is useless as well cost to repair identical to yours so at the moment ime driving on borrowed time

277644_Jthurley's Response to Peterwell's Review

Written on: 08/02/2007

I have a Kia Sedona 2.9 GSX Auto diesel. At 78000 miles the engine needed to be rebuilt at a cost of £2500 and now at 84000 miles the fuel pump is dying. Same thing Kia do not want to know and are unwilling to help out.

Peterwell's Response to Peterwell's Review

Written on: 29/10/2006

Well, since adding my review of my Sedona and the fuel pump problem, the problems got worse. 7 weeks after collecting the Sedona from the Kia workshop with its complete new fuel system fitted to the value of £3200, it is back in the workshop. This time it came out of gear while driving along a busy dual carriageway. The Kia workshop have said the gearbox needs stripping down and rebuilding, at a cost of £2000, and once again their only recommendation was to speak to Kia Customer Care (or NOT CARE as my experience with Kia has been). As much as you like your people carrier in your last comment, the fuel pump problem is definitely a widespread problem, and either your dealer was not telling the truth or they have been lucky in the Sedona's they have sold. I spoke to a central workshop fitter who dealt with over 120 fuel pump replacements with the same problem. So, I cannot share your enthusiasm for the Sedona as an affordable people carrier, when in 12 months my car has been off the road for 3 months and cost me £5200 in repairs alone.

Spestell's Response to Peterwell's Review

Written on: 28/10/2006

I too had this same problem with a 2002 Kia Sedona. Ours was, thank god, under warranty still, but it took them ages to discover what was wrong, and the car was in the garage for 6 weeks. However, our Kia dealership said that ours was the first they had seen with this problem, and in talking to other people it would seem it is not as common as people think. I think the problem is that as people mainly write a review when they have a problem car and not when they have a great car - a bit like holiday reviews! It did not put me off Kia or Sedonas, and I now have a 2003 Sedona, and have just bought a 2005 Picanto. The Sedona I think, remains one of the best family affordable people movers, and has one of the best layouts as well - only second to the Voyager. I don't like new 2006 layout though - changing the configuration of seat to 2-3-2 will put many people off!!