Brother DCP-340CW Reviews

• Quality

Brother DCP-340CW - Ask a question now

Brother DCP-340CW

“The brother dcp-240cw printer is great when it works...”

Written on: 23/07/2009

The brother dcp-240cw printer is great when it works but when it doesn't it's a nightmare.
The printer says the ink is empty when it clearly isn't - take it out and look and there's still at least half in there. And if it says ink needs replacing or something you can't print from it until you replaced the ink; this turns out to be very very pricey.
And, for example, just a minute ago I wanted to print something and it told me that there was no yellow ink cartridge, well of course there was, I… Read Full Review

Brother DCP-340CW

“I bought this unit for a small office (just me!). It's...”

Written on: 31/07/2008

I bought this unit for a small office (just me!). It's been in use for about 14 months now and has proved 100% troublefree.

It cost under £50. Replacement ink carts (compatibles) are less than a quid each - after losing patience with a very tempremental Epson printer that cost 130 quid to buy and 25 quid a cartridge, and before that an equally useless Canon, this Brother has been a revelation.

Print quality is OK, scan quality is OK, print speeds are OK. For under 50 quid I'm well impressed… Read Full Review

Brother DCP-340CW

“I was very happy with my Brother printer until things...”

Written on: 21/02/2008 by SarahHutt80 (1 review written)

I was very happy with my Brother printer until things started to print in funny colours I have called technical support and all they could do was run through the instructions in the manual. No new help other than a phone number for another company who wants to charge half the price of the printer just to look at it!… Read Full Review

Brother DCP-340CW

“It's a good, neatly packaged combination...”

Written on: 31/12/2007 by zaphod987 (13 reviews written)

It's a good, neatly packaged combination printer/scanner for wireless home networks. The only bug really is how tricky it is to re-connect the printer if you have to re-install your computer operating system (initial installation and connection is easy, but make sure you follow the manual) I've had to do this 3 times now, and each time I've had to take several attempts, and never been quite sure what I did to re-configure the PC printer settings to make it work… Read Full Review

Zaphod987's Response to zaphod987's Review

Written on: 18/01/2009

One thing worth knowing about brother printers, is the self clean cycle operates automatically and can empty the ink cartridges if you don't use the printer much but leave it turned on. <br/><br/>Also when one cartridge is empty you cannot print until it has been replaced. I finally had to change the colour cartridges, first the cyan, then the printer did a clean cycle and emptied the yellow, changed that and then another clean cycle and the red ran empty.<br/><br/>tbh with what I know now I wouldn't buy another one, for the light use I give it it uses too much ink on self-cleaning cycles.

Brother DCP-340CW

“I cannot stress enough, when setting up the wireless...”

Written on: 01/06/2006 by binfer (11 reviews written)

I cannot stress enough, when setting up the wireless lan .... follow the instructions to the letter!
The print quality of the Brother DCP-340cw is fair on plain paper but have not tried any other type. Individual inks bring the running cost down. I have not tried photo printing yet!… Read Full Review