Navman iCN 520 Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Navman iCN 520 - Ask a question now

Navman iCN 520

“I am writing this review knowing that it is all too...”

Written on: 18/05/2010

I am writing this review knowing that it is all too late, but as I have just come accross this offender whilst clearing out a cupboard, I felt I should at least have the last word before it is relegated to the bin. I bought this unit (the fabulous Navman iCN 520) in 2007 as it was on offer at Farnell for £157.99. I didn't question why the software had 2005 in the name until it was too late. I have awarded it some stars not because of its ability to perform as a GPS, but for the constant… Read Full Review

Deadkidsongs's Comment

Written on: 14/07/2010

priceless review, comedy genius, and thanks for warning me off the product too!

Navman iCN 520

“Its absolutely rubbish i would never advise anybody to...”

Written on: 10/12/2009

Its absolutely rubbish i would never advise anybody to get this sat nav it takes you to the complete wrong places and it takes hours to get a signal. My opinion its poo… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 520

“I have owned this for about 4 years and bought on...”

Written on: 02/11/2009

I have owned this for about 4 years and bought on recommendation from a colleague. Once it works out where it is it is very easy to use and gets me where I want to go. HOWEVER .... sometimes it simply cannot figure out where it is. I've tried standing with it outside the car so there is nothing in between it and the satellites, I've driven to open spaces and I've switched it off and on and rebooted. There have been times when I have really needed to be somewhere in a hurry and it has played… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 520

“I paid a lot of money for this unit believing it to be...”

Written on: 29/10/2008

I paid a lot of money for this unit believing it to be good, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. After buying it I later talked to a person in an tech retailer, and he said Navman has a bad reputation. He recommends TomTom or Garmin… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 520

“As far as I am concerned, reasonable price or not, you...”

Written on: 08/01/2007 by pl401344 (1 review written)

As far as I am concerned, reasonable price or not, you buy a sat nav to tell you where to go, not to wake up when you are there to confirm you got there!… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 520

“I decided to recently purchase the Navman iCN 520, as...”

Written on: 07/09/2006 by sheep_pie (9 reviews written)

I decided to recently purchase the Navman iCN 520, as the unit was now on sale for £169.99, which in my opinion is a bargain, compared to other units on sale for over £200.
The 520 is to replace my ICN 320. However I have found various glitches with the 520, namely; the software froze when the unit was first switched on, and displayed a syntax error when loading map information, forcing a hard reset.
It also has trouble at times holding on to GPS signals, again I found this strange as my 320… Read Full Review

Sheep_Pie's Response to sheep_pie's Review

Written on: 06/11/2006

Just an update to my review of the Navman iCN 520 satellite Navigation system.
<br>
<br/>Overall, I am pleased with this device, and I've tested the unit on a long journey, with the voice guide and map direction arrows only giving me a couple of wrong turn instructions, which I ignored anyway. (Not uncommon for other brands to suffer the same).
<br/>
<br>The 520 does what it says it does, and works well in most areas.
<br/>
<br>Updating the Points of Interests (P.O.I) has been a breeze, and not too complicated.
<br/>The thumbwheel control jog is still a bit of a pain to operate, but it works okay if you take your time with it. I sometimes use the stylus pen, depending on my mood.
<br/>
<br>The internal speaker audio quality is sharp, but it sounds thin and tinny, with a little bit of white noise behind it, but attach an external speaker, and the speech quality is more natural sounding.
<br>
<br/>It would also be nice to see an update to the software, and voice customisable packs.
<br>
<br/>Would I still recommend the iCN 520? Of course I would, and there are many bargains to be had with this piece of kit, now that it is no longer in production.
<br>
<br/>Finally, I think that the 520 somehow aesthetically still looks better than some of the current models on the market, but that's just my opinion.
<br/>Poons

Navman iCN 520

“The Navman iCN 520 is a slim unit making it ideal to...”

Written on: 30/08/2006 by GARYX2 (1 review written)

The Navman iCN 520 is a slim unit making it ideal to remove from car and carry on your person, major reason for the purchase due to locations of work. I use the unit in the West Yorkshire region and on numerous occasions it has not been able to find address, gets confused when in small villages with regards to one way systems and dirt tracks. I have spoke to Navman direct and they explained that it has only 95% coverage and they are constantly updating.

Funny thing to say that I was… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 520

“I used this Navman iCN 520 for about a year until it...”

Written on: 22/08/2006 by Olis (1 review written)

I used this Navman iCN 520 for about a year until it was stolen. I chose it because it provided all core functionality at significantly lower price. Because I paid less I was quite prepared for minor problems and on the whole "its been good while it lasted". However the design seems to suffer from some flaws: (1) There are clearly some problems with how [not] sensitive the GPS receiver is - it takes a while to pick up a signal at the beginning of the journey and I found my device was prone… Read Full Review

Navman iCN 520

“I live in south of london, other sat nav get quick...”

Written on: 28/05/2006 by Adin (1 review written)

I live in south of london, other sat nav get quick signals in my area. The Navman iCN 520 always takes time and sometimes 15 min. Plus maps is out dated. Believe it or not it doesn't reconize my own house address. I feel it should be attach another sat nav to guide it and let it work… Read Full Review