Warren James Reviews

Warren James - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Warren James

Warren James

“Watford Branch”

Written on: 22/02/2017 by CJH17 (1 review written)

Have bought a few items from here. Last item I had to query at the end of the warranty, the staff were extremely understanding and helpful. Highly recommended. My brother had two weddings rings from two retailers in Milton Keynes. The wedding got cancelled, lucky escape brother, obviously neither ring had come out of the box. Warren James exchanged goods to the value of no questions. H.Samuels on the other hand the store refused, (actually offered him £30 scrap for a £300 ring!), had to go… Read Full Review

“Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 11/02/2017 by CMK123w (1 review written)

I purchased a ring from Warren James, Merry Hill 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately 3 of the crystals fell out of the ring so I returned it in store with my original receipt for either an exchange or a refund. I was informed by the very unhelpful deputy manager that there were no issues with the quality of the ring and that I had in fact damaged it! I was refused both a refund and an exchange. Clearly Warren James does not feel the need to comply with the Consumer Rights Act. Save your money and go… Read Full Review

Cjh17's Response to CMK123w's Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Sorry to hear this. I had no such problems with my fiance's ring when it cracked after a few years, then when its replacement diamond fell out after three weeks. Admittedly a different branch, Warren James of Watford, and obviously a different region. The staff were extremely understanding and helpful.

“Robbed us”

Written on: 28/01/2017 by Forbessg259 (1 review written)

wrong price on ring payed deposit but shop would not let us have it… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Sorry to hear that, not sure exactly what whole problem was, incorrect pricing? Anyways I had a problem with a ring previuosly bought from the Watford branch and have found them extremely understanding and helpful. Highly recommend them.

Deme's Comment

Written on: 22/02/2017

You must work there sorry I don't believe your story

Written on: 22/02/2017

Sorry to hear that, not sure exactly what whole problem was, incorrect pricing? Anyways I had a problem with a ring previously bought from the Watford branch and have found them extremely understanding and helpful. Highly recommend them.

“Customer Service”

Written on: 22/01/2017 by Drexie (1 review written)

I got two items from Warren James for Christmas and was very pleased with quality of both but the ring I got just was not comfortable so decided to take it back for bigger size girl exchanged it no problem but I then got my eye on a different ring and asked to have this one instead she swapped them over no problem and was very nice. I felt I needed to write this review as Warren James seem to get a lot of stick at my local shop in Cramlington Northumberland they are lovely… Read Full Review

Deme's Response to Drexie's Review

Written on: 28/01/2017

Do you work there or your girl friend

Cjh17's reply to Deme's Comment

Written on: 22/02/2017

Oh Deme! At least share an experience rather than express a bitter witless response I have had excellent customer service from my branch Watford. My brothers branch Milton Keynes exchanged goods to the value of for a wedding ring too.

Cjh17's Response to Drexie's Review

“Fake ”

Written on: 22/01/2017 by MayaRoy341 (1 review written)

Brought a sterling silver ring which was a 2 set for £23, claims to be real sterling silver. What a joke definitely not sterling silver, I've brought rings from pandora that are silver and had no reaction whatsoever, plus I've never had a reaction to REAL sterling silver before in my life but the one from warren James has made my finger extremely sore and red. Fake advertising and selling to customers! Do not shop here it is a waste of money and the company policy of no returns is outrageous… Read Full Review

“Stay clear!!!”

Written on: 21/01/2017 by Allisson35 (1 review written)

Will never use again, lakeside store couldn't order in the size I wanted, when the grays store said they could help I was happy enough until I made my purchase, now as I need a bigger size (which they said they could do) to then be told it was in worn condition (after 1 hour) and cannot be exchanged, asked her to show me the Ware and couldn't. The place is a joke, steer clear!!… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Sorry to hear, but can say that the Watford and Milton Keynes branches are extremely understanding and helpful.

“Worst customer service ever”

Written on: 19/01/2017 by Escortrsturbo (1 review written)

Got a ring in December and got the wrong size Took it back to get it resized. Was told it was going to take 1 week. Now been waiting 3 weeks after countless phone calls to the Northampton store. Warren James just hide behind email address. It's a complete joke One positive the last lady a spoke to at the store was really helpful so let's see what happens I've marked the quality of service as a one but that's no reflection on the store it's more the customer service… Read Full Review

Cjh17's Response to Escortrsturbo's Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Sorry to hear this, Milton Keynes and especially Watford Branches are extremely understanding and helpful

“awful”

Written on: 18/01/2017 by saPowell400 (1 review written)

Purchased a diamond ring at warren james in chapelfield Norwich on 2nd Jan 2017, when i got home my daughter noticed it was mis-shapen. Took it to anouther jewellers and they said the ring hadnt been finished properley. Took it back to warren james and was told that it was my word against theirs and that i couid have done it, i hadnt even worn it.No refund, no apology, totally disgusted. would NEVER EVER use warren james. They sell reject jewellery and the staff are utterley rude… Read Full Review

Written on: 23/02/2017

I always check goods before I leave the store. Why would anyone purchase a bent ring?

“DO NOT REFUND. ”

Written on: 14/01/2017 by Finn1992 (1 review written)

My partner bought me a beautiful ring from warren James in Lisburn a few days ago unfortunately the ring was too big so I've never been able to wear it. To my shock when I got to the store for a refund they said it was scratched and there's nothing they can do about it. I explained it's never been warn but they insisted it was not there problem. I am absolutely disgusted and gutted! Will never go to this shop and will be passing this experience into friends and family to make sure they don't… Read Full Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

You are suggesting that it was scratched before purchased, surely your partner would have noticed when they bought it?

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 12/01/2017 by Pike307 (1 review written)

DO NOT purchase gifts from these people. no mention of no refund policy, only offer a limited voucher. they are breaking the consumer rights act 2015. if you buy a gift for someone else from them and it isn't suitable you WILL NOT get a refund but be forced to re spend your money with them. return and refund policy is positioned in a hard to see point on EXIT from shops, no mention of this policy on till receipt… Read Full Review

“Engagement ring faulty- shocking attitude upon return. ”

Written on: 09/01/2017 by Jacintalovescats (1 review written)

My partner bought me an engagement ring and it bent within two weeks and lost a diamond. I would have avoided the company load I known how rude the people at the company are- and how cheaply made the products are. The attitude of the female member of staff when it was returned was just appalling- she was downright rude and suggested I had deliberately bent it. They very grudgingly agreed to replace it- and interestingly eventually offered a full refund- suggesting that perhaps this happens a… Read Full Review

Cjh17's Response to Jacintalovescats's Review

Written on: 22/02/2017

Shame you had such an unhelpful and rude assistant, my dealing's with them have been quite the opposite.
At least you got the replacement/refund probably end of line item so replacement became refund.
Re cheapness all highstreet jewellers are on the high profit make. My brother bought an unused wedding ring from H.Samuels, they would not give an exchange to the value of ,(btw WJ did for his not to be wife!). To add insult to injury they offered him £30 cash for the £300 ring!!! That effectively states this ring you bought off us is only worth £30!!!

“Diabolicle,shocking,disgracful.”

Written on: 09/01/2017 by JerimiahMaldonado171 (1 review written)

Bought a white gold diamond engagment ring using the online service. After 3 weeks one of the diamonds had fallen out and the ring had become terribly miss shaped.. when the warren james staff finally answered the phone i was told to post it back to them. On recieving the ring they invented a string of excuses of which pointed to blame towards me the customer.. one excuse after the other.i challenged their opion. Explaining that the build quality of the ring is low thats why its miss shaped… Read Full Review

“Shocking refund policy”

Written on: 03/01/2017 by Cerveza (1 review written)

Received a bracelet for christmas that wont stay fastened and it came off my wrist twice in the house meaning I couldn't possibly wear it outside or i'd lose it. I returned it to the store who said they never give refunds even though the bracelet was faulty. This is appalling business practice and doesn't comply with your statutory rights. Also by the time I contacted them online it was out of the 16 day deadline to claim my money back nor could I submit the complaint because I didn't have an… Read Full Review

Jacintalovescats's Response to Cerveza's Review

Written on: 09/01/2017

Exactly my experience.

“Refund policy ”

Written on: 31/12/2016 by DravenCasey111 (1 review written)

I went into warren James. The two girls were both serving at the time and I waited my turn. All other customers left and one staff member offered her assistance. I asked to see a couple of items. Both assistants then carried on a conversation of how one should start cashing up because the other one didn't know how to do it and was one of the transactions just a straight swap etc. She put the items on the counter and showed me how to open and close the earrings. I said I would take the items and… Read Full Review

“Shocked and disgusted ”

Written on: 30/12/2016 by Aboutyou (1 review written)

I recently purchased a £200 ring from their aylesbury branch I was promised that if the ring a Christmas present for my wife was too small even after giving them the size I could exchange it for a larger size. However on trying to get a replacement size the shop assistant in a crude and abrupt manner told me that the ring was damaged and there was no way they would take it back . I have never been so rudely treated in a shop before and after the assistant had handled the ring it was… Read Full Review

“Rip off ”

Written on: 28/12/2016 by Angrilymad (1 review written)

This place should be shut down selling jewellery as gold but a magnet sticks to it well thats not gold sell you bent earrings amd refuse to take blame and wont refund you total loss im mad i dont want a credit note there jewellery it tat shut them down customer service is terrible and they dont like to help you at all take your money and don't like to hand it back out… Read Full Review

Daveb1702's Response to Angrilymad's Review

Written on: 02/01/2017

Exactly, good review

“Exchange / Refund Policy & Poor Quality Jewellery”

Written on: 27/12/2016 by Henderson387 (1 review written)

I attempted to return a popcorn silver chain which my husband bought me for Christmas and when I was unable to find a replacement necklace from the limited and poor quality range I was told that a refund was not an option. On the reverse of the receipt and on the wall as you exit the shop it shows that this is the company policy but this is not mentioned when you make your purchase and after speaking to the staff and management my only option was a credit note. Told that this is due to people… Read Full Review

“Bad service bad manners”

Written on: 27/12/2016 by MackenzieShoemaker96 (1 review written)

Mum stood in the que when it was her turn they told her to stand somewhere else she did they just kept serving people who came in after her. We have bought from them before but this is the last time even the other customers commented that mum was being ignored the store was at the merry hill centre the staff were also rude and condisending. Mum is 83 years old and has to use a walker shes not asking for special treatment just to be served in turn and politely… Read Full Review

“Returns Policy”

Written on: 20/12/2016 by lindagrahame (1 review written)

I purchased a silver bracelet and necklace for my husband. I asked if I could return the necklace if my husband did not want to wear it. He has never worn a necklace. The assistant said yes I had 14 days in which to return it she did not point out that it would be an exchange or credit note which I anticipated she should have done as obviously I would not have purchased the necklace but would have purchased the bracelet as he wears a gold one. I returned the necklace to another branch only… Read Full Review

“refund policy”

Written on: 16/12/2016 by Collins283 (1 review written)

I bought a ring from them and wanted a refund only to be told I should've read the policy sayings in the shop no refunds.I am an ex servicemen above knee amputee had loads of problems. I thought they might have refunded me as a gesture of good will ,but no heartless. When I went back to the store I want then and there were three walls and there was no sayings about refund or their policies any where,sorry there was a very small photo frame as you walk out and was very awkward to see.i sent… Read Full Review

Dan3331's Comment

Written on: 19/12/2016

So because you are an ex service man you deserve to be treated better than everyone else? I myself am ex military and I would not dare of using my past experiences to try and gain a refund let alone anything else. We chose to be part of military just like people choose to do their own proffesion. As for the fact you have one leg are they then supposed too take pity on every person who walks through the door with a disability sorry but you cant hide behind that.

Maybe next time you will look for the stores policy or maybe just maybe take it upon yourself and ask the staff at which ever store you go too and brag ablut you're military past and ask them about their returns policy!