Batchelors Cup A Soup Reviews

Batchelors Cup A Soup - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Batchelors Cup A Soup

Batchelors Cup A Soup

“Chicken Cup a Soup New recipe ”

Written on: 02/11/2016 by McGinnis232 (1 review written)

I have liked Batchelors Chicken Cup a Soup for many years. I have recently bought the new 5 sachet pack ( 25% Extra Free ) and am really disappointed. It says on the box in very small letters "New Best Ever Recipe" and it is definitely new - and horrible! First thing you notice is the colour which is now quite yellow rather than the previous shade of cream, then the consistency which is now thicker, lastly the taste - what have they done? It is completely different and has a slightly sour taste… Read Full Review

Cooker8's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2016

I totally agree with the review above, my wife and I usually have a chicken cup a soup every afternoon and have done so for quite some time now. Recently we stocked up with a dozen or so box's of chicken cup-a-soup and could not believe
how horrible the taste was, we thought we had bought a inferior brand by mistake
then we noticed in small letters"New Best Ever Recipe" well if Batchelors dont revert back to the old recipe we will not be buying any more, and the box's of the new stock we are left with will go into the bin.

Petesellit's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2016

When I first tasted this "New Best Ever Recipe" My best hope that It must be a bad batch missed by Quality Control & thing would only get better so I gave it another try New box. But no A tast that's hard to describe but vile! consistency of wall paper paste, it won't even fully dissolve in boiling water leaving big lumps in cup (Ugu)
After years of buying at least one box of this a Week I'll have to find a replacement. :-(

“Chicken Noodle cup a soup”

Written on: 21/08/2012

The soup itself isn't to bad although that's not saying much. It was the noodles itself that were the problem. They were tastless mush and made it sickening to taste. Sorry not tried the other flavours and going by this one wouldn't want to. G… Read Full Review

“I used to buy Batchelors tomato soup and that was...”

Written on: 05/07/2010 by AndrE77 (1 review written)

I used to buy Batchelors tomato soup and that was good, but today I bought the Oxtail soup and that was disgusting, though Oxtail soup is my favourite. It did not taste at all like oxtail soup, had a bad smell and looked like some milk with cocoa with a sticky taste. This was a pure waste of money. Moreover, I had a very bad taste in my mouth after couple of spoons - actually tasted 100% E-s'. Very artificial… Read Full Review

“I bought a selection of Batchelors newly launched...”

Written on: 12/01/2010

I bought a selection of Batchelors newly launched Cup-a-soups recently. In the past I had always found that they were very good so I was happy to try their new range.
I bought cream of vegetable, chicken noodle, chicken and sweetcorn and golden vegetable - quite a selection. In the event I found them all to be totally without flavour (dare I say dishwater) with bits of dried vegetables floating on top. Regardless of the packet description they were all equally tasteless and the remaining ones… Read Full Review

Andre77's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because it says the truth.

“I will not be buying Leek & Potato soup again, as the...”

Written on: 11/01/2010 by johnneilmurray (1 review written)

I will not be buying Leek & Potato soup again, as the potato part of it sits as a sludge at the bottom of my mug. Euch!… Read Full Review

“i have cream of aspargus Batchelors Cup A Soup every...”

Written on: 19/05/2009 by chilminder (1 review written)

i have cream of aspargus Batchelors Cup A Soup every lunch time its a easy lunch because being a busy childminder i can drink it on the go its just great… Read Full Review

“Well I have a Batchelors Cup A Soup every lunch at...”

Written on: 24/09/2008

Well I have a Batchelors Cup A Soup every lunch at work and it is good for my diet and it tastes really good. To be honest it actually fills me up aswell. Would recommend, tasty and satisfying… Read Full Review