Batchelors Cup A Soup Reviews

Batchelors Cup A Soup - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Batchelors Cup A Soup

Batchelors Cup A Soup

“New recipe chicken cup a soup”

Written on: 14/02/2017 by Rowan100 (1 review written)

Terrible lumpy disgusting taste go back to old style what are you thinking won't buy any more of this. Both boxes in the bucket thought the first one was a bad batch… Read Full Review

Shelaghbigg's Response to Rowan100's Review

Written on: 15/02/2017

I totally agree! Bought several 5 pack boxes as I've loved this product for years. Lumpy, thick and tastes more of chemicals than chicken!
PLEASE change it back....................,

Fionachickensoup91's Response to Rowan100's Review

Written on: 18/02/2017

Totally Agree, Disgusting, I too thought I got a bad batch, but bought another but no, same as the first, the colour is different, the smell is different (pretty gross) lumpy and nasty, and this is the improved one, hey chichen soup people go back to what we like, because I for sure will never buy the wall paste you advertise for chicken soup anymore, maybe you need to employ better soup tasters in your testing centres , cos that is rank

Shelaghbigg's Response to Rowan100's Review

I absolutely agree!
Just posted my disgust on facebook - let's hope they change it back. I've been enjoying this product for years -won't buy it again..........,

“Worst 'best ever recipe ever' ”

Written on: 07/02/2017 by DenzelSlaughter (1 review written)

What are you thinking? Who on earth has come up woth this recipe? I lived on these things, until the new recipe.. yellow, taste is horrendous thick lumpy doesnt matter how long you stand and stir one, believe me I dont drink tea or coffee, and lived on these.. Bring back the gorgeous old recipe! Id have given no stars on thia new recipe absolutely awful!!!!… Read Full Review

Topman511's Comment

Written on: 20/02/2017

I fully agree, The New recipe sucks. I thought it was a bad batch but after opening 20 packs they were all the same. I normally use 2 sachets to one big cup and it was nice. Now its lumpy and yellow and stinks

“Chicken Cup a soup - 'Best ever recipe'?”

Written on: 05/02/2017 by LaytonKearns (1 review written)

I have just sampled this 'new best ever' recipe and it is absolutely disgusting! It's like drinking a cup of fat! I definitely won't be buying this product again… Read Full Review

Shelaghbigg's Comment

I agree! Spread the word...........,

“Horrid inedible revolting ”

Written on: 04/02/2017 by Clairecolwell (1 review written)

I have been buying this product for many years and when I bought a new pack and tasted it, I thought there must have been an issue with that particular box. There was no mention of any changes. Unfortunately the next box I bought was equally disappointing, that went in the bin! The taste is different, as is the colour, texture and smell. The new stock is absolutely disgusting...who does your quality control or looks at your customer satisfaction. When it comes to feedback, I rarely give… Read Full Review

“New Recipe is awful”

Written on: 03/02/2017 by jainsl999 (1 review written)

I was a big fan of their chicken and veg cup a soup. The new recipe yellow version is truly awful. Batchelors - please, please, please revert it back. I am now wary of buying any of the new recipe versions of this product. I will be looking to find some of the older ones before they disappear completely or seek another brand. I would have given it 0 stars if possible… Read Full Review

“Gross”

Written on: 02/02/2017 by 1947Saunders (1 review written)

Whoever decided it was a best ever recipe clearly has no taste buds! It's yellow, the consistency is awful and it tastes disgusting. Please bring back the old, very very nice recipe. Sometimes........... If it ain't broke, don't fix it!,,, I only gave it one star because I couldn't give it zero!… Read Full Review

Kelstar180's Comment

Written on: 05/02/2017

I agree, i dont drink tea or coffee and lived on these things.. since the best ever recipe, i havent purchased any

Thixk yellow vile, doesnt matter how long you stabd and stir it its still lumpy and horrible

Pleaseeee bring bsck the old.

“The new recipe batchelors chicken cuppa soup ”

Written on: 11/01/2017 by Spandelle (1 review written)

Gutted got home went to make a nice chicken cuppa soup and it's a new recipe it's gross I'm gutted it was my favourite soup won't be buying them unless the old one is brought back it doesn't even smell nice and it's now yellow and goes lumpy… Read Full Review

Mduffy996989's Response to Spandelle's Review

Written on: 13/01/2017

Absolutely agree. At first I thought maybe i had a sachet that had gone off. So tried another. Was it that the water wasn't boiling long enough. No as the third attempt it was still lumpy, still tasteless. Get it sorted out Bachelors!

“New version”

Written on: 05/01/2017 by Angiebthefirst (1 review written)

Just bought new chicken flavour and it's horrid . Previous version was an all time favourite. Please drop the new and bring back the best chicken cup a soup ever , won't even drink the other 3 it's that bad… Read Full Review

“ Bachelor's asparagus cup a soup with croutons 2016 ”

Written on: 05/01/2017

We have enjoyed bachelor's cream of asparagus cup a soups with croutons every day for years. The only fault was , not enough thickness to fill half a cup . Compared to other flavours e.g..cream of veg. But then at the end of 2016 . Every packet was awfully. NO Taste. Thicker but no asparagus at all? So I complained . Was told by bachelor's they had "Improved recipe" ' And they will note feedback? I have purchAsed 3 more boxes . And they are all DISCUSTING. I tried A cup today for… Read Full Review

“Lunch is ruined!”

Written on: 16/12/2016 by Mjk1983 (1 review written)

My friend and I daily enjoy our lunchtime batchelors chicken cuppa soup......not now since the new best ever recipe which is lumpy and tasteless! Presentation is appalling. We will not be buying again until it reverts back to the old recipe!!!! Very disappointed!what the hell has happened!!!!!!!!!… Read Full Review

Reviewers17's Response to Mjk1983's Review

Written on: 03/01/2017

I agree. My fave was the asparagus. But since they messed with the recipe in 2016, it is DISCUSTING !! . No Taste NO ASPARAGUS OR CROUTONS They need to go back to the old and trusted recipes!

“Chicken Cup a Soup New recipe ”

Written on: 02/11/2016 by McGinnis232 (1 review written)

I have liked Batchelors Chicken Cup a Soup for many years. I have recently bought the new 5 sachet pack ( 25% Extra Free ) and am really disappointed. It says on the box in very small letters "New Best Ever Recipe" and it is definitely new - and horrible! First thing you notice is the colour which is now quite yellow rather than the previous shade of cream, then the consistency which is now thicker, lastly the taste - what have they done? It is completely different and has a slightly sour taste… Read Full Review

Cooker8's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2016

I totally agree with the review above, my wife and I usually have a chicken cup a soup every afternoon and have done so for quite some time now. Recently we stocked up with a dozen or so box's of chicken cup-a-soup and could not believe
how horrible the taste was, we thought we had bought a inferior brand by mistake
then we noticed in small letters"New Best Ever Recipe" well if Batchelors dont revert back to the old recipe we will not be buying any more, and the box's of the new stock we are left with will go into the bin.

Petesellit's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2016

When I first tasted this "New Best Ever Recipe" My best hope that It must be a bad batch missed by Quality Control & thing would only get better so I gave it another try New box. But no A tast that's hard to describe but vile! consistency of wall paper paste, it won't even fully dissolve in boiling water leaving big lumps in cup (Ugu)
After years of buying at least one box of this a Week I'll have to find a replacement. :-(

“Chicken Noodle cup a soup”

Written on: 21/08/2012

The soup itself isn't to bad although that's not saying much. It was the noodles itself that were the problem. They were tastless mush and made it sickening to taste. Sorry not tried the other flavours and going by this one wouldn't want to. G… Read Full Review

“I used to buy Batchelors tomato soup and that was...”

Written on: 05/07/2010 by AndrE77 (1 review written)

I used to buy Batchelors tomato soup and that was good, but today I bought the Oxtail soup and that was disgusting, though Oxtail soup is my favourite. It did not taste at all like oxtail soup, had a bad smell and looked like some milk with cocoa with a sticky taste. This was a pure waste of money. Moreover, I had a very bad taste in my mouth after couple of spoons - actually tasted 100% E-s'. Very artificial… Read Full Review

Agent-Smith's Response to AndrE77's Review

Written on: 12/01/2017

Totally agree, their chicken version went from 2.7% chicken stock right down to 1%.

Now tastes like hot water with a hint of nothing special (aka. dishwater). This product should have never got into production. Thats our family and friends moving onto other brands now...

“I bought a selection of Batchelors newly launched...”

Written on: 12/01/2010

I bought a selection of Batchelors newly launched Cup-a-soups recently. In the past I had always found that they were very good so I was happy to try their new range.
I bought cream of vegetable, chicken noodle, chicken and sweetcorn and golden vegetable - quite a selection. In the event I found them all to be totally without flavour (dare I say dishwater) with bits of dried vegetables floating on top. Regardless of the packet description they were all equally tasteless and the remaining ones… Read Full Review

Andre77's Comment

Written on: 05/07/2010

I found this review very helpful because it says the truth.

Agent-Smith's Comment

Written on: 12/01/2017

Totally agree, all their new cupa soups all taste like dishwater.

For the company management to allow this rubbish must mean their business is in trouble!

“I will not be buying Leek & Potato soup again, as the...”

Written on: 11/01/2010 by johnneilmurray (1 review written)

I will not be buying Leek & Potato soup again, as the potato part of it sits as a sludge at the bottom of my mug. Euch!… Read Full Review

“i have cream of aspargus Batchelors Cup A Soup every...”

Written on: 19/05/2009 by chilminder (1 review written)

i have cream of aspargus Batchelors Cup A Soup every lunch time its a easy lunch because being a busy childminder i can drink it on the go its just great… Read Full Review

“Well I have a Batchelors Cup A Soup every lunch at...”

Written on: 24/09/2008

Well I have a Batchelors Cup A Soup every lunch at work and it is good for my diet and it tastes really good. To be honest it actually fills me up aswell. Would recommend, tasty and satisfying… Read Full Review