DigiFusion FVRT145 Reviews

DigiFusion FVRT145 - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for DigiFusion FVRT145

DigiFusion FVRT145

“Had the freeview box for about 1 & a half yrs. It was...”

Written on: 10/12/2009

Had the freeview box for about 1 & a half yrs. It was bought for my Fiance by his son as a birthday present and all has been well until yesterday!!!! Went to watch a recorded programme & the box had gone off completely, changed fuses, plugs etc etc but nothing would get the box going again. His son paid £40.00 for it & bought it online. He thinks he might have extended 3yr warranty, but at that price I doubt it. Anyone else had this problem?????… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“I have owed this Freeview, twin channel recorder for...”

Written on: 06/11/2009

I have owed this Freeview, twin channel recorder for about 3 years and it is brilliant. It can record 2 channels & at the same time you can watch a prerecorded programme.

I thoroughly reviewed all the products on offer at the time of purchase & decided that this one was the best value for money.

Other reviews criticise the recorder where I feel the problem is the aerial which does need to be tuned to the signal properly.

As HD is now up & running I will be moving on from this box but only… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“I've had this for a while now and its been ok but now...”

Written on: 21/06/2009 by xelor (1 review written)

I've had this for a while now and its been ok but now the remote control won' t send the correct signals to the box eg I press up it goes down. I try to set a programme to record, I press down and it switches to Ch4. There are no buttons on the box itself so without the remote control the box is useless. I could buy another remote but this is one of the most annoying pieces of equipment I have ever used and will be glad to get rid of it and get something new, hence I'm here looking for… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“I've been using this Digifusion digital recorder for a...”

Written on: 27/03/2009 by nw10jb (1 review written)

I've been using this Digifusion digital recorder for a little more than two years and am, overall, impressed with it… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“It has two receiver channels, so you can record two...”

Written on: 03/03/2009 by swins (1 review written)

It has two receiver channels, so you can record two and watch a recorded programme simultaneously. But...
It has no editing facilities whatsoever.
The FVRT 145 manual is basically very poor. There is no index, you can't find how to do anything without trial-and-error, we don't have the time for this. If I want to record something, the manual should tell me HOW… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“Had mine for well over two years and recommended my...”

Written on: 29/10/2008

Had mine for well over two years and recommended my friends buy one from Microdirect. (I bought mine, new, from Argos I think). My friends bought 5 of them, 4 have been fine, a fifth one has been replaced 5 times. Can't complain about Microdirect's service. My friends have been generally well pleased. I would buy another as it has represented excellent value for money… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“Ability to record 2 and watch a channel or playback.”

Written on: 14/10/2008 by osevon (1 review written)

Ability to record 2 and watch a channel or playback.
Records backwards for 1/2 hour if you forget to record or have something else to do. Pity, but without the reliability issues this would be a cracking machine
P.S don't get a refurbished one from MicroDirect, I have had 4 faulty ones… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
DigiFusion FVRT145

“The DigiFusion FVRT145 will not find half the channels...”

Written on: 08/02/2008 by bmwuk (1 review written)

The DigiFusion FVRT145 will not find half the channels that my old freeveiw box found, only gets signal on one receiver, not both, the channels it does pick up are of poor quality.......need I go on, it's going back as soon as I can get it out of here… Read Full Review

DigiFusion FVRT145

“I've had the DigiFusion FVRT145 hard drive recorder...”

Written on: 25/07/2006 by callmefrank (2 reviews written)

I've had the DigiFusion FVRT145 hard drive recorder for about 4 months now. The previous reviewer mentioned the ability to watch a program that is being recorded from the beginning, but my experience has been that when I select a program that is currently recording, it plays from the point it is at in the recording, and not from the beginning. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I've not heard the fan noise. Perhaps the room it's in is particularly noisy already, as it's in the living room, and… Read Full Review

Callmefrank's Response to callmefrank's Review

Written on: 26/07/2006

Sorry just a correction to make to my review, I said it had a 80gb hard drive, I should have put 40gb.... and the playback of current recording from beginning is achievable by pressing the scene back button.

Vincent0's Response to callmefrank's Review

Written on: 11/08/2006

Hello,
<br/>I&#039;m the other reviewer.
<br/>Thanks for the information on the number of events that can be set and I agree with your comments.
<br/>
<br/>I&#039;ve had a harddrive wipe just recently because I&#039;ve been recording a few programmes in the EP setting (or my hard drive got too full). So it does happen. I suspect it&#039;s the combination of EP or LP and lack of drive space.
<br/>
<br/>You&#039;ll find that the lower quality recording settings like LP and EP record at SP initially, that is at the highest quality, and at some time in the next 24 hours it processes itself down to the lower quality and lower space requirement version. You&#039;ll notice that the picture quality is excellent when first recorded and if you come back a day later it has gone down for LP and EP recordings.
<br/>
<br/>There is a colour coding in the Library which indicates what is happening.
<br/>
<br/>For instance when an EP recording is made you&#039;ll notice the EP logo starts off pinkish which means it is processing or getting ready to. Eventually it goes greenish and that means the processing has finished.
<br/>Got to run.
<br/>Bye for now.

DigiFusion FVRT145

“I am still getting use to my DigiFusion FVRT145 hard...”

Written on: 24/05/2006 by vincent0 (9 reviews written)

I am still getting use to my DigiFusion FVRT145 hard drive recorder, so I might change my mind about things later.

I've had it for less than a week, and so far, It has given a good impression.

Records off Freeview nice and easily, and there is no need to set an off or on time when recording, as it gets the information from the EPG (electronic programme guide. TV guide to you and me).
You use this EPG thingy to set the recording usually, ie, go and look at what's on TV now or next, or… Read Full Review

Written on: 11/08/2006

11th August 2006
<br/>Hello Again.
<br/>Well, had the machine for a while and guess what? There was an over-the-air software update last month and a repeat this month (in my case changing the version from 1.7.4 to 1.7.8).
<br/>
<br/>Did it get better - did it hell !
<br/>
<br/>The upgrade fixed a known problem with widescreen TVs and this unit. As I don&#039;t have a widescreen it didn&#039;t do anything except upgrade the version number. I say didn&#039;t do anything, what I mean is it didn&#039;t do anything good.
<br/>
<br/>It introduced a bunch of problems which weren&#039;t there before. Recording from radio has gone a bit jittery, spoiling the enjoyment - that is the sound stutters a bit at the beginning somewhere but plays normally for 99% of the recording, you just sit there waiting for the jitter to appear.
<br/>
<br/>The live TV rewind causes sound jitters and synchronising problems with the picture, but can be fixed by pausing and rewinding.
<br/>
<br/>There seemed to be some minor tweaks to the system, nothing too drastic or noticeable.
<br/>
<br/>I change the harddrive to a spare unit I had, also an 80Gb unit.
<br/>
<br/>The drive had some pc stuff on it and was formatted for windows.
<br/>
<br/>The digifusion started to use it as if the machine was brand new out of the box - the pc files and formatting was overwritten. Tuned itself to the TV stations and showed a blank harddrive.
<br/>The version was back to the original one it had, version 1.7.4 - so this must be kept on the circuit board and the over-the-air upgrades and station information kept on the harddrive.
<br/>
<br/>I can also downgrade the version to its out of the box state by formatting the drive from within the digifusion setup menu.
<br/>
<br/>Back to my continued review - great, it works fine. Another problem the machine is know to have is to wipe the library of recordings clean at some random time if you have a recording made that is not at the default, highest quality (SP quality).
<br/>
<br/>This has happened to me now, when the drive got very very full. So I won&#039;t be using EP or LP quality again.
<br/>
<br/>A problem I&#039;ve had which may be peculiar to me is that I&#039;ve managed to run out of space (just before the manchine wiped the harddrive), that represents 40 hours of TV.
<br/>
<br/>I think this machine is good for people who time shift TV and watch it soon after. For people like me who gradually accumulate more TV than is watched, the drive fills too quickly - maybe the random delete is a good feature for people like us !
<br/>
<br/>I&#039;me happy, and would be happier if it had a unlimited capacity to record or if the EP and LP didn&#039;t cause a random harddrive wipe.
<br/>
<br/>Conclusion - so far, very happy, despite my complaints I&#039;d buy it again, except it&#039;s now disappeared off the market.
<br/>Bye for now.
<br/>(It&#039;s the version with the 5amp power supply and extra LEDs on the front display and of course it has a manufactureres 3 year guarantee, that&#039;s one from the shop and two via the manufacturer)

Written on: 18/04/2007

18th April 2007
<br/>
<br/>Machine still working fine. Still haven&#039;t downgraded the operating system but I&#039;ve noticed that the manufacturer is still sending out the upgrade data to 1.7.8 every once in a while. So at least they are still looking after the customers (I wonder if they are working on fixing the problems too).
<br/>
<br/>Still happy with this thing.
<br/>Bye

Written on: 05/02/2007

7th Feb 2007
<br/>Machine is still going strong.
<br/>I haven&#039;t been able to downgrade the system back to 1.7.4 as I haven&#039;t cleared or watched all that is on the drive.
<br/>(formatting the drive will take it back to its default setting as well as wiping any recording off it)
<br/>
<br/>Still happy with it but still would wish for it to have a larger drive or for the extended play functions to work without intermittantly wiping the hard drive clean of recordings.
<br/>Bye

Written on: 18/09/2006

18th Sept 2006
<br/>The unit is still going strong.
<br/>It&#039;s not very good for use as a standard freeview box, ie to switch channnels so another device can record the output.
<br/>
<br/>It does it fine, except it will go to standby at 3am when it downloads its epg data.
<br/>
<br/>Any channel that it is set to switch to doesn&#039;t happen unless the unit is on.
<br/>
<br/>So, you can&#039;t use it this way between 3am and whatever time you next manage to switch it on again.
<br/>Regards