Lite-On LVC-9016G Reviews

• Sound Quality

Lite-On LVC-9016G - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Lite-On LVC-9016G

Lite-On LVC-9016G

“After contacting Lite On and receiving my second...”

Written on: 06/06/2008

After contacting Lite On and receiving my second 9016G, it was just as bad. Slow response, won't work with any of the $80.00 worth of DVD's I've tried. Now it won't even play a DVD. The company was very difficult and would not replace the second one. Paid $200, biggest mistake I'v made. Stay away from this product… Read Full Review

Lite-On LVC-9016G

“I will never by another Lite On DVD anything. DVD's in...”

Written on: 23/03/2008

I will never by another Lite On DVD anything. DVD's in general are horrible, and this device just makes the experience worse. It's the most basic system I have seen, and if you want to use it for simple tape to disc transfers then take the time to learn it's little attitude problems… Read Full Review

Lite-On LVC-9016G

“If someone gave me this unit as a present for free or...”

Written on: 30/09/2007 by thedeb41 (1 review written)

If someone gave me this unit as a present for free or for what ever reason, I WOULD NOT TAKE IT. Stay away from this unit. Cannot depend on this unit to do timer recording… Read Full Review

“Do not buy one!”

Written on: 06/07/2007 by iamdalekendall (1 review written)

Do not buy one!… Read Full Review

Lite-On LVC-9016G

“After wasting a couple of weeks of my spare time...”

Written on: 24/10/2006 by oberjim (1 review written)

After wasting a couple of weeks of my spare time dubbing VHS tapes to DVD's, I took the Lite-On LVC-9016G DVD/VCR Combi back to Costco, and got a Panasonic DMR-EH75VS, which I should have bought in the first place… Read Full Review

275759_Sanz's Response to 264404_oberjim's Review

Written on: 24/01/2007

I totally agree! I heard how great and easy "Lite On" was, so I bought one. I am taking it back today to Costco. I got it all set up under my flat panel, turned it on and notice this incredible clanking noise coming from the VHS side. I found out this is normal flaw - sheesh!
<br/>
<br/>Setting up: you press the "set up" button to start setting it up internally only to find out my communication with the unit never went past the word "Hello" written on the player&#039;s screen. This would have been funny, however after 45 minutes of web search, it appears this is a Normal problem - their website even says to send the machine back if this occurs. Whatever!
<br/>
<br/>The next morning I went to call Lite On&#039;s 800 number, but low and behold it is a Toll Call now. They do not even provide a free call from their new customers. This says a lot. I will never buy their product again - waste of time.

Lite-On LVC-9016G

“The Lite-On LVC-9016G is a VHS-DVD combo unit that can...”

Written on: 23/05/2006 by hollidayp1 (4 reviews written)

The Lite-On LVC-9016G is a VHS-DVD combo unit that can record DVD's from VHS tapes and VHS tapes from DVD's. It has a very good user interface and is easy to use. However, the VHS tape functions are limited, and so are the DVD functions. Although the unit performs well as a copy device from one media to the other, it is not as good as having a separate VCR and a separate DVD recorder.

A major flaw with this unit's copy function (from VHS to DVD) is that you cannot use the OTR (One Touch… Read Full Review

Nicolashimself's Response to hollidayp1's Review

Written on: 05/02/2007

I should add that I had the same problem with my Sony RDR VX 420 DVD-Player.
<br/>I bought it to transfert my movies from my VCR to DVD but I can not watch them on my computer.
<br/>I tried many programs to try read the DVD but it&#039;s impossible. This is UNACCEPTABLE! AVOID THIS DEVICE TOO. or Probably all SONY DVD Recorders.