Johnson Stroke 25 HP2 Reviews

From 1 review

Johnson Stroke 25 HP2 - Ask a question now

“I Purchased a 25 HP 2 Stroke Johnson Outboard Motor,...”

Written on: 11/09/2004 by dronz (1 review written)

I Purchased a 25 HP 2 Stroke Johnson Outboard Motor, it was 2 years old, internally and externally it looked fine and I can only suppose that the seller did a good job of tarting it all up so it looked like new.

Two weeks after purchase the pull cord on the starter mechanism broke. That was replaced.

Three weeks after purchase the starter mechanism recoil spring broke. This was replaced

4 Weeks after purchase the starter mechanism pawls and springs broke. These were replaced.

5 Weeks… Read Full Review

Jsorlo's Response to 169681_dronz's Review

Written on: 20/05/2006

I don't know why this user put this comment under the Suzuki DT-4. I have been using one for over 10 years, and it is quite reliable, easy to start, and easy to maintain. This person is writing about a different motor altogether (a Johnson 25 HP).

Av Guy's Response to 169681_dronz's Review

Written on: 24/04/2007

You cannot condemn an entire line of a manufacturer based on the purchase of a used item. Who knows how the outboard was used and cared for? I have owned 4 Johnson outboards and still own two of them. The first is a 1949 2.5 hp that my grandfather bought new. My mother and her brother use the hell out of it, them my brother and then I used it. It still runs with literally thousands of hours on it. My 1972 115 hp Johnson (I bought it in 1986) ran perfect. I sold that because the boat it was attached to was rotting away. My 1978 35 hp Johnson was bought new and ran great from day one. It ended up in my brother in laws hands during a divorce case - who knows where it is now. My current motor, a 9.9 hp Johnson, is the sweetest running motor I have ever own. I've rebuilt plenty of car engines, owned other outboard motors and would always at least consider a Johnson.