Goldfish Reviews

Media Gallery for Goldfish

Goldfish
Goldfish

“Goldfish are Awesome”

Written on: 04/02/2013 by Papa_Lush (18 reviews written)

I aquired several goldfish recently and found they are quite entertaining. The only problem is they make noises throughout the night, it's okay though. I didn't have much luck teaching mine to fetch, hopefully you guys will… Read Full Review

“I had to comment as the other reviews are painting a...”

Written on: 20/06/2009 by Saltynay (1 review written)

I had to comment as the other reviews are painting a bad picture for goldfish. Common single tailed goldfish will grow to 12+ inches and live for 25 years or more if cared properly. They need an aquarium or pond with a minimum 40 US gallons with every additional goldfish needing 20 US gallons on top of the initial recommendation, to clarify 2 sarasa comets or commons would need 55 gallon minimum tank or pond. They are very messy fish by having an inefficient digestive system they should… Read Full Review

“I simply adore my fish and would recommend them to...”

Written on: 30/08/2006 by vosbolau (1 review written)

I simply adore my fish and would recommend them to anyone looking for a great, cheap and great looking pet… Read Full Review

391315_Reesy1989's Response to vosbolau's Review

Written on: 12/08/2008

I kept 4 Goldfish in a 20 Gallon tank. I had the right PH the right filter I went all out on this tank. Spent over £300! The fish I put in lasted a 2 weeks. I brought a sample to my breeder and he said there was nothing wrong with the water?
<br/>
<br/>Its unusual for me as the goldfish is the most basic fish in fish keeping however I find it difficult as they keep dying and i do not know why?
<br/>
<br/>I keep clown Fish and regal tang but those blinking goldfish I just can't crack :(

“Surprisingly, the price for a goldfish changes...”

Written on: 28/07/2006 by e4chin (30 reviews written)

Surprisingly, the price for a goldfish changes greatly. They can be less than a Dollar for feeders, and up to about $50 for big fancy ones. If you want to spend over $2 on a single goldfish, I advise you to buy some other actual fish. Goldfish are great fish for first-timers, but they do have a low life expectancy… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/01/2007

Goldfish live for decades.
<br/>
<br/>I see 4" feeders for $1.20.
<br/>
<br/>An average priced fish is between $3 and $7. Like for the smaller general types.

Written on: 12/02/2007

Actually, it's 2 Angels, 2 Balas and a Clown Loach.

Written on: 11/02/2007

That's cool. I'm guessing they were Goldfish right? Oh, well, because that's what I think. I'm probably wrong.

Written on: 29/01/2007

Aren't those the days? I still have my very first fish(s) I brought; 5 out of 8 of them.

Written on: 28/01/2007

Wow! I didn't know there was so much to just a simple Goldfish! I still have my one gallon bowl that housed my first pet, my Goldfish; good times, good times! I would always over feed him!

Written on: 27/01/2007

Well, feeders are kept in very crowded places, and thus it has the tendency to bring in more diseases. But Comets can still live for decades. But most Goldfish will cark it at around 30 for a good life. The hybrids are more fragile.

Written on: 27/01/2007

Really? Maybe the better ones do, but the cheaper ones don't live for a long time.

“Goldfish are great and trustworthy. They are cheap...”

Written on: 21/05/2006 by jeanibabi (1 review written)

Goldfish are great and trustworthy. They are cheap pets to keep and they are very relaxing to watch… Read Full Review

Mystix212's Response to jeanibabi's Review

Written on: 17/01/2007

Most fish have a life span of 3 years, like Livebearers and Anabantids etc., but Goldfish can live for decades!