Vauxhall Meriva 1.7CDTI Design Reviews

Vauxhall Meriva 1.7CDTI Design - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Vauxhall Meriva 1.7CDTI Design

Vauxhall Meriva 1.7CDTI Design
Vauxhall Meriva 1.7CDTI Design

“I owned this car from new in 2008 for 2.5 years. Now...”

Written on: 29/09/2010 by mrpj (1 review written)

I owned this car from new in 2008 for 2.5 years. Now got rid of it for a reliable Toyota before the warranty expired.
It's a shame about my experiences because I liked the car, easy to drive, cheap to run and service etc.
After less than 1 month from new the paint started peeling from the sills soon after the trim fell off the bottom of the tailgate! It's had three radio/cd head units.
The worst problem has been the steering, the power steering failed after 6 months and required a comple… Read Full Review

“This car has cost me a total of £2300 in repairs in...”

Written on: 06/06/2010

This car has cost me a total of £2300 in repairs in the last 2 months!
New battery, New starter motor, New Glo plugs and ALL FOUR INJECTORS were knackered and needed replacing on a diesel car that only had only done 40,000 miles.If you like throwing your hard earned money away,then this is the car for you!… Read Full Review

“ A VERY GOOD CAR WELL WORTH THE MONEY”

Written on: 07/10/2009

A VERY GOOD CAR WELL WORTH THE MONEY… Read Full Review

“I like the Vauxhall Meriva however this one has had a...”

Written on: 18/05/2006 by Meriva Owner (1 review written)

I like the Vauxhall Meriva however this one has had a number of problems. The Network Q dealer in Medway is reacting and trying to fix the problems which I have escalated to their Company Directors and the Vauxhall Customer care centre… Read Full Review

261845_Tomcat3's Response to 243423_Meriva Owner's Review

Written on: 02/10/2006

I have a Vauxhall Meriva, 2004 plate bought new, and had similar problems - steering rack changed (seems to be a major problem with this car), electrical relay problem, boot closure problem and an ongoing problem with a clunking sound at the front that was diagnosed as lower arm problem.
<br/>
<br/>Well the lower arms have been replaced and guess what? Still clunking away,
<br/>misdiagnosed and it's going back yet again for testing (2/10/2006).
<br/>
<br/>I'm thinking of booking a place at the dealers so I don't have to keep travelling back and forth. This car will stress you out, believe me.

Marty250Uk's Response to 243423_Meriva Owner's Review

Written on: 17/12/2007

06 plate 1.7 tdi steering rack failed going in under warranty.This looks like its going to be a common fault???

292770_Ruaridh's Response to 243423_Meriva Owner's Review

Written on: 12/06/2007

I also have an 04 plate. Since I bought it in September last year I have complained of the engine being noisy, it sounds like something clattering inside it, this noise started about 2 weeks after I bought the car. Since then Arnold Clark replaced the fan belt and tensioner (which reduced the noise considerably but it came back about a week later). They then replaced the alternator pulley (didn't make any difference). I took the car straight back to them by which point the engine management light had come on so they did a software upgrade and charged me £30, which I have since found out is covered in my warranty. I wasn't happy so I contacted Vauxhall and they told me to get a second opinion. I took it to Evans Halshaw who found that the steering column had excessive play and needed replaced (something that Arnold Clark hadn't found when I had asked them previously to check a noise coming from the steering column. This seemed to improve the problem but I still wasn't happy, then 2 weeks later the engine management light came on, I took the car back to Evans Halshaw, they ran a diagnostic and found the the mass airflow sensor and another sensor needed replaced. By this point my warranty had run out and I could have been facing a £500 bill if I hadn't made that phone call to Vauxhall. The car still doesn't feel 100% but it's a lot better than it was.
<br/>This car will definitely cause you stress, buy a Ford.