Computer Planet Reviews - www.computerplanet.co.uk

Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Bit slow. closed phones in december?!?!”

Written on: 03/01/2014 by marko20 (1 review written)

I googled PC build and this company caught my eye. They seem very professional and I must admit the final product is impressive. Took quite a long time to get here but I suppose it was December. Cant understand why they shut their phone lines and live chat from about dec 15th though. I understand you want to get work out so its all hands on deck. But customer service should be one of your biggest priorities. And that's what let me down. I had a question and sent an email to get no reply… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Response to marko20's Review

Written on: 17/02/2014

We are glad you are happy with the quality of the final product we supplied.

NVIDIA games promo had expired. Different game titles will have been sent to you on contacting customer service. Our phone lines close during the peak Christmas period so all staff can focus on production and customer service/tech support via livechat and email.

Marko20's reply to Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 17/02/2014

I get that, but customer service is big part of a company. It's what will stop me from using a company if they have no support, even if it is during peak times.

“Two weeks after placing my order, I received an email...”

Written on: 10/03/2011

Two weeks after placing my order, I received an email saying the motherboard I selected wasn't available and that they would "upgrade" it at "no extra cost". The replacement was in fact an inferior board so I told them I didn't want it. Received an email back with no apology saying that the differences were minor. The differences were major! A week later, I received the computer with the WRONG MOTHERBOARD! So I had to send it back. Again, no apology. Finally, after waiting over a month, I have… Read Full Review

Jaydwyer2004's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2011

I found this review not helpful because... the motherboard names and details were not added, which means the review has no basis, and this user could be going simply by price, and not performance.

“”

Written on: 30/08/2009

Unfortunately I read the reviews too late and placed my order without knowing about the problems most people have had with Computer Planet. Before placing my order I read through all of the stages that my computer would go through (e.g. Sales Order, Testing Queue etc.) and was feeling confident that I would receive my order within their 7 - 9 working day delivery. I ordered my computer on Wednesday 29th July 09 and after realising that I could be waiting several weeks for a product that… Read Full Review

“So far i cant REALLY complain about Computer...”

Written on: 27/11/2008 by cadaverhusk (1 review written)

So far i cant REALLY complain about Computer Planet.The automated email may well be genuine.I Fully intend to write an honest truthful review of the service i receive...so if you are reading this Computer Planet please deliver on what you promised. £1600 of my hard earned money is resting in your account.Watch this space people!… Read Full Review

Cadaverhusk's Response to cadaverhusk's Review

Written on: 28/11/2008

** UPDATE**
<br/>Day 3 and its already turning into a fiasco. COMPUTERPLANET have taken payment for an order which was cancelled (&pound;1300+) in addition to my new order (&pound;1600+). Even worse they have charged 2 payments of approx &pound;50 in total for NO apparent reason at all. Add to this the fun of having my current outstanding order being delayed due to (in their words) a part which probably is in stock but needs to be booked in! If the lovely helpful chap from COMPUTERPLANET is reading this i would be delighted to hear from you.
<br/>Further updates to follow...

Computerplanet's Response to cadaverhusk's Review

Written on: 16/01/2009

Please could you let me know your order number so i can look into this?

Cadaverhusk's Response to cadaverhusk's Review

Written on: 11/12/2008

its now been over 2 weeks and no pc has yet arrived. The money for the original cancelled order was credited after i chased them up. I have had emails detailing what has been happening to my order but in all honesty i do feel these may not be entirely true. I see they GUARANTEE delivery before xmas if ordered before dec 16th...well i ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and according to their own website my order still has loads of testing/quality control to be performed so i doubt even i will get my order before xmas. I am happy to leave it until the next week before i contact credit card company to explain why i wont be paying! updates to follow!