Computer Planet Reviews - www.computerplanet.co.uk

Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“Poor After Sales Service”

Written on: 20/02/2013

I received my computer on 14 Nov. During the build phase I was notified that the Motherboard failed durng testing. It failed almost immediately after I received it and had to be returned. It was received at Computer planet in early December. I was promised (by e mail) that it would be returned for Christmas. It is 27 December and I am still waiting for it. It seems computerplanet saves money by using cheap components and then provides a very poor standard of after sales service. You get what… Read Full Review

“Find Another Company”

Written on: 20/11/2012

Maybe I've been unlucky, but at the moment I would not recommend this company to anyone. My PC turned up damaged and it had clearly been dropped although there was no evidence of this on the cardboard packaging ?. I needed this PC urgently for work purposes and was furious when I opened it up to find out it was damaged. So I called Computer Planet immediately to tell them about the damaged PC. They opened a ticket for return/repair. I tested the PC to see if it worked and after… Read Full Review

“Nothing but hassle.”

Written on: 28/10/2011

I purchased a PC from Computer Planet in August and when it arrived it was faulty (I can't see why their testing never picked up any fault) It was then sent back and 'repaired' and then delievered to me about 3 weeks later. When I recieved it the PC still wasn't fully functional, It was a massive incovenience for me and it took a while for them to give me a refund as they kept saying "We cannot offer a refund" it's been 2 months since I ordered it and still haven't got a PC, I need to look… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 28/10/2011

Customers PC was delivered. They reported a technical fault 3 weeks later. The PC was collected from the customer and the Asus motherboard replaced. The PC was returned back to the customer. The customer reported the USB ports, eSATA and Card Reader were not working. We asked the customer to check inside to see if the cables had come unseated when the customer was removing the internal packing (internal packing to protect the heatsink during transit) the customer said they were fully connected. We collected the PC from the customer. We opened the case to find the leads had been pulled out. We pushed them back in and fully tested the PC for 48 hours. We then sent the PC to be dispatched to the customer. Customer contacted us to request a refund.

A full refund was issued the same day.

“If you don't mind waiting and arguing with people who...”

Written on: 22/07/2010

If you don't mind waiting and arguing with people who have no power to help you(those who do are unreachable) go-ahead and order from these guys. But seriously, think it twice. I can't understand they are still in business… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Comment

Written on: 03/08/2010

I am sorry to hear you have had problems with our service. Please can you let me know your order number so i can look into this for you?

“The graphics card was faulty when it arrived, it had...”

Written on: 11/02/2009 by joe1joe1joe2 (1 review written)

The graphics card was faulty when it arrived, it had red lines across the screen. Shouldn't their extensive testing have picked this up? But I have not even said anything to them because I believe they will probably blame the courier

So I have sent just the graphics card back to them, UPS show it as being delivered for over a week now, and I haven't received acknowledgement of this from computer planet yet. I emailed them and they tell me it will be processed today and guess what, it appears not… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Response to joe1joe1joe2's Review

Written on: 18/05/2009

It disheartens me personally when one of our customers is this frustrated with the service that we provide.
<br/>
<br/>Our energy as a company is dedicated toward providing the best customer service experience and we will always improve and adjust our methods to make sure we are meeting this principle.
<br/>
<br/>Please can you let me know your order number so I can look further into this and work to resolve it for you?
<br/>Regards,
<br/>Support Team

“Ordered my PC 14 days ago, and it's still in a queue...”

Written on: 10/04/2008 by Kano (2 reviews written)

Ordered my PC 14 days ago, and it's still in a queue waiting to be tested. I emailed after sales support asking for a realistic delivery date (as their claim of building your PC in 7 working days obviously wasn't going to happen in my experience) and they replied saying they'd look into it, but as far as I am aware of I didnt get a reply after that.
At first I was excited about finding a PC building website that was cheap and had a good range of components, but now I'm starting to wish I'd used… Read Full Review

Matthewpsimms's Response to Kano's Review

Written on: 23/04/2008

I am having the same problem as you are, its taken them 1 week just to pick the parts and they should of made it and dispatched it by then, I know I will hopefully get it but I doubt it will work when I do unfortunately, this was my 1st bad experience, I was excited about getting this computer now im just frustrated and angry from all the hassle.

Kano's Response to Kano's Review

Written on: 24/04/2008

my computer did eventually arrive after 17 days, and in the end (considering the price) i think it was worth the wait.<br/>yes the service takes longer than they advertise, and the support is email only, but this is by far the cheapest custom PC supplier i could find online, and the final product looks and works perfectly, so i think all considered it's a decent service that i would recommend. You just need a little patients. which admittadly is hard to find when you're excited about getting a shiney new toy.