Computer Planet Reviews - www.computerplanet.co.uk

Computer Planet www.computerplanet.co.uk - Ask a question now

Showing star rating of:

(cancel refinement)

“NEVER BUY FROM COMPUTER PLANET”

Written on: 05/09/2014 by Lina2014 (1 review written)

This is the worst company I have ever came across. Customer service is zero. Value for money, not sure as I paid £2000 for computer and after 9 months of using it, It stopped working and Computer planet after messing with me for 2 months, send it back to me after so called "repair service" and it still would not turn on. I do not want to go into too much detail. I think the fact, that that they send it back to me after such a long wait and it still does not turn on, says it all. Communication… Read Full Review

“The worst customer service I have ever experienced”

Written on: 22/08/2014 by LeslyFinn (1 review written)

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! I usually never write reviews but after my experience with Computer Planet I feel that I have to warn others so they do not make the same mistakes as I did I ordered a custom PC from this company which took about a month to come and costed a considerable amount. fair enough. Everything is fine for a year until one day my computer would just not turn on, a power supply failure.I send it back to the company for free repairs which took well over a month for them to… Read Full Review

Lina2014's Comment

Written on: 05/09/2014

I had very similar scenario!!! I will write an independent review today. I hope that my case is not as bad as yours, but I will only know after I can actually switch it on. My computer stopped working one day, after two weeks of emails exchange I finally persuaded them to send me a new power supply unit. It still did not work. Then i send it back to them for repay. I receive my computer back yesterday ( one month after sending it) and it does not show any sign of live!!! I emailed them and got a silly reply about that I need unplug one cable. I will send it for repair to another company, I decided just know , reading this comment. I paid for computer £2,000 and it is still under 1 years warranty!!! NEVER BUY FROM THEM AS YOU MAY BE UNLUCKY IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!! THEY SIMPLY WILL NOT REPAIR IT, WILL ONLY MESS UP WITH YOU FOR A MONTH OR TWO ( IN MY CASE) AND THEN YOU WILL END UP REPAIRING AT YOUR OWN COST!!! STAY AWAY FROM COMPUTER PLANET!!!

“Computers that don't Work and Terrible Customer Service”

Written on: 01/04/2013

The computer itself took longer than expected to arrive. After it did it must have only worked for a day before deciding to turn off at random. We asked for remote assistance several times, but they never seemed to do anything productive before leaving us on hold, with no explanation, until we stopped the connection hours later as their help centre had closed. Eventually the computer stopped working completely and so we sent it back for repairs. It took over a month for them to get it back… Read Full Review

Iangee53's Comment

Written on: 23/12/2013

You are not alone it seems!
Eight months further down the line and we are experiencing the exact same customer service as yourself. with the excuse that no refunds are issued for bespoke Pc setups. Whatever happened to "goods fit for purpose" which is obviously the case here!
We too had an initial "10 day" repair which took a month, ending up with a unit that was in a worse state on return than it was prior to repair.
It would be interesting to know whether your case was resolved by C Planet or did you have to take things further.

Very unhappy -5star customer.

“The Fawlty Towers of computer retailers”

Written on: 23/01/2013 by JohnAllen (1 review written)

When I first went shopping online for a new computer and found Computer Planet, I was a little dubious about them because they had one or two adverse reviews. But because they also had many more positive reviews (see my comment at the end of this review) and because their prices were undoubtedly very competitive, I decided to go ahead and purchase from them. How I now wish I had paid more attention to my earlier misgivings. I originally ordered and payed for a custom-built computer valued at… Read Full Review

“Disgusting service!!!”

Written on: 15/01/2013 by lxm1 (1 review written)

Please do not buy a computer from this company!!!!! I wish I had read some reviews online before parting with £1200. I ordered a custom built computer, the order went through, all the parts were in stock. I recieved an email to inform me that my order had been recieved. A week later (6 days) I recieved another email informing me that they had only just started to build my pc. Another full week later (7 days) I recieved an email to inform me that a part was out of stock, and they would have… Read Full Review

Johnallen's Response to lxm1's Review

Written on: 23/01/2013

I'm currently experiencing similar problems with Computer Planet, except that the order value is around £2,400. My order was placed at the beginning of November, finally delivered halfway through December but ran for barely an hour before dying. It took several attempts to arrange collection for repair and was returned to Computer Planet on 20th December. It's still not out of repair as of today (23/1/13). That's nearly 3 months since originally ordering and paying for the computer!

“SHOCKINGLY BAD SERVICE”

Written on: 14/11/2012 by zyao (1 review written)

I ordered a computer WITH monitor, plus an assortment of peripherals. Only the tower arrived and when I tried to contact them the customer service was shockingly bad. No one picked up the phone and twice the call just hung up after I had been waiting for 15-20 minutes. I finally resorted to livechat, the person said he couldn't do anything about this issue, he had to refer my issue to someone else and they would get back to me via email. I told him I'd prefer someone to call me back, he didn't… Read Full Review

“The Customer Service is a joke”

Written on: 12/06/2012

They sent me the pc I initially ordered with a fault. They wanted me to ship it back at a cost to me. Once they decided to pay for shipping, they took a look at it, marked it quality tested and sent it back. They didn't say what was wrong with it or what they had changed. I received the pc again to find out it had the same problem. I get on-line to tell the customer service guy and he says and I quote "I assume replacing the part did not solve the problem you thought it was?" As if to insinuate… Read Full Review

Written on: 31/10/2012

Customer was asked not to return the accessories back with the PC but sent them back anyway. We forwarded them back to the customer. Wireless antennas are not connected to the PC due to risk of them getting damaged in transit. It's a very simple job which needs no tools to finder screw them onto the back of the PC. We are sorry the customer had problems and the issue was resolved at no cost to the customer.

“Appalling Quality Control and Customer Service. ”

Written on: 20/04/2012 by benzodiazepine (1 review written)

The good things first: Very Keenly priced, good choice of components, system was very well packed for delivery. All retail boxes which the main components came in were provided with all CDs, manuals etc included. Also, as they did not have my first choice of power supply and blu-ray drive, they gave me free upgrades to superior units. Very impressive start. And now everything else. They didn't bother to connect all front panel features of the case, they installed the hard drives in a… Read Full Review

“Not an Impressive place”

Written on: 23/09/2011

I purchased a PC from Computer Planet as a gift for a family members birthday on the 25th August.

I was told the parts I had picked were all compatible and that building would begin shortly.

2 days after receiving that e-mail I had another stating 2 parts were not compatible and was charged extra for replacement parts. Another week later I was told 2 more parts needed replacing. The second set of replacements were free so that wasn't as bad but it could still have been dealt with quicker than it

Rawne1980's Comment

Written on: 23/09/2011

Just a few alterations to my review here.

Computer was taken to be repaired and it has gone smoothly so far.

I'd also say the value for money on the products they had is higher than my original score.

It seems my issues with this company are not 'the norm' so should only be taken as opinion and not gospel.

1 bad experience does not make it a terrible company however I would add that getting more information on anything you buy from them and speaking to them first hand may be beneficial.

Rawne1980's Comment

Written on: 27/09/2011

Response to Computer Planet.

At 2.02pm you gave me the option of having my PC collected or booting it up from the Windows disk.

I replied to that to state my PC would not boot up so I could not access BIOS to boot from disk.

You replied back with an insult to which I answered and then you sent this.

CP Posted on 22-09-2011 17:32
Ok please use the RMA and it will be fixed and returned back to you ASAP.

3 hours and 30 minutes after i'd asked you to collect the PC. From a conversation that started at 8.34am it took 9 hours to get you to agree to collect it.

I have the entire conversation screencapped don't try and make me out to be a liar.

Written on: 24/09/2011

Customer contacted us on 21-09-2011 at 9:51 PM. We replied via email on 22-09-11 at 8:34 AM. We tried to trouble shoot this via email with the customer and asked them at 2:02 PM on the same day if they would like us to collect the PC and replace it.

The customer booked a free UPS(courier) collection by 5:30 PM the same day. UPS (courier) collected the PC on Friday 23rd (same day you posted the review) to deliver it back to us on the next working day which is Monday.

We are very sorry that the you have had problems with this PC. We have responded very quickly to all your messages and booked a free collection for you the same working day you reported the fault. We feel the level of customer services provided was very high but again we are sorry that you have had a technical problem.

The PC will be delivered to us on Monday and will be repaired or replaced as quickly as possible and returned back to you for free.

“Avoid. ”

Written on: 08/05/2011

Avoid.
I have forwarded my grievances to Matt Allwright at BBC Rogue Traders.
Worst custom built PC Specialists on the Planet.
Total rip off… Read Full Review

Simonkevnorris's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2011

When things go wrong with this company they show no ability in rectifying the problem. Avoid them. I wished I had and I'd be over £3,500 better off.

“Never under any circumstances consider using Computer...”

Written on: 18/04/2011

Never under any circumstances consider using Computer Planet. I purchased a £3000 computer from them and it had to be sent back over 5 times with faults and problems. In the end it cost me numerous days off work, stress related illness and personal expense due to time without a working computer in excess of £6500. I had to use my credit card company to finally get a refund which took over a full year and an independent test report.

Computer Planet still tried coming after me personally to… Read Full Review

Mv7's Comment

Written on: 01/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because... I have had the similar experience with them which I will describe in more detail in couple days. Not only they charged me extra an made and unauthorized payment form my card but also, after one month of waiting, they haven't refunded the faulty component I had sent back to them. I definitely do not recommend them.

Simonkevnorris's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2011

I had similar problems with this company a few years ago. The PC they supplied was unstable as delivered. I had ot play £140 to send it back by a courier. It was returned several months later (with no warning) in a slightly better state. I had to send it back and asked Computer Planet to pay for the courier. The representative said they had to check with the manager - I never heard from them. When things go wrong they are incompetant.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 10/08/2011

I had a similar experience several years ago with this company. The PC was unstable as supplied. I had to send it back at expense (£140+) to myself and it was returned a month or so later with no real improvement. They wanted me to send it back to them - I asked them to pay for shipment and they never got back to me. In the end I scrapped the PC but I wished I had taken legal action.

“Terrible experience. After a month of delays due to...”

Written on: 31/01/2011

Terrible experience. After a month of delays due to their selected courier the computer arrived with a major part incorrectly fitted. Following numerous messages to and from their customer service team, during which they accepted no responsibility for the incorrect fitting in the first place, I found myself in the position where I did not believe I could trust them to fit the computer together correctly and run sufficient quality checks on the finished product for me to accept delivery.

I… Read Full Review

“Attrocious! non existant customer service. Faulty...”

Written on: 14/12/2010

Attrocious! non existant customer service. Faulty Sapphire HD4870x2 graphics card sent in signed for by them @ 1014hrs 04 Oct 2010, apart from one reply to many e-mails nothing, not even on their Live Help. I will of course be following this up with both them and my credit card company under the sale of goods act… Read Full Review

“had similar issue like use posted previously, orderd...”

Written on: 08/11/2010

had similar issue like use posted previously, orderd high spec pc, paid for express, 3 days later i was told they couldnt deliver within timescales, they then offered refund of express build, still didnt deliver on time, apparently build average time is 3 - 4 weeks, cancelled the order and got a refund… Read Full Review

“Avoid this company. ”

Written on: 18/10/2010 by FunkyMonkey2000 (2 reviews written)

Avoid this company.

I bought 8 computers for my business, their website looked good and their prices were competitive.

However, first problem was when they delivered the computers to the wrong address. When I chased delivery they said it has been delivered, and I had to sort it out. Eventually I got them to sort collection and re delivery.

Currently 3 months on 2 computers have stopped working, and 2 others have started randomly crashing to blue screen. Their support is useless, via some… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Response to FunkyMonkey2000's Review

Written on: 19/10/2010

The order was placed 6 months ago using the details the customer supplied. We emailed the customer confirmation of the order showing the delivery address, customers order in the members area also shows the delivery address. Order was dispatched and customer then contacted us requesting delivery to a different address. At a shipping cost of £186 for 8 systems we agreed to cover the cost and ship them to the customers new address 2 days later.
<br/>6 months later the customer emailed our support department at 09:19
<br/>on 05-10-10 saying that he was reinstalling the computers due to them running slow and he did not want to purchase office again which was supplied as media less license. We responded back at 10:01 explaining that it was a media less license and he did not need to purchase the software again and supplied him with a url to download the software for free from Microsoft.
<br/>
<br/>The customer then used our instant live chat support service on 18-10-10 12:02:43 and again asked how he can install office when he has reinstalled the computers. We replied and again gave him the url to download the software for free Microsoft.
<br/>
<br/>We tried contacting the customer on 19-10-10 at 5:40 PM to explain this again but no one was answering the telephone.
<br/>
<br/>The computers we supplied are not faulty. The customer reported they are running slow. We advised by reinstalling them it would solve the problem of too many progams and too much old data.
<br/>

“ Very poor customer service from Computer Planet...”

Written on: 15/10/2010

Very poor customer service from Computer Planet Upgraded to express service after nothing had happened after almost a week, and it after took yet another week and they refused to refund the £70.
I seriously wouldn't recommend using Computer Planet. When initially contacting their customer services they were dismissive and glib.
An advisor from Computer Planet says: “it's much better the PC arrives to you fully working and a little late or early and not working.”
After a string of… Read Full Review

“I did some reserch on this company before I brought...”

Written on: 23/08/2010

I did some reserch on this company before I brought the product as advertised on their website, and the reviews were very mixed, however I thought well some review do sound good. So I ordered my custom made computer, well I wish I never did now, I'm still waiting for my computer to get fixed and the customer service is well lets just say, thay dont want to hear from you after they have your money. I feel like I got ripped off, and nothing I can do about it, the machine I got did not work and… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/08/2010

I am sorry to hear you have had problems with your PC. As the review has been submitted with a name we cannot verify it and cannot comment on the content. We do not have any forums dedicated to us and we do not submit fake reviews. Will await review center to remove or post order ID so we can verify the comments.

“I brought a computer for over £1,000 after reading...”

Written on: 19/08/2010

I brought a computer for over £1,000 after reading some good reviews, and thought I was onto a safe bet, well, I have never had a experience like it before computer was broken when delivered, they spent 16 weeks to get it repaird, all this time without a computer, once I got it back it still did not work not only that some of the computer parts that I brought with it had been swapped from lower value parts, when i complained about the service.

I was told to read the term and conditions, that I… Read Full Review

Written on: 26/08/2010

Please can you let me know your order number?

“I ordered what was a top of the line PC from this...”

Written on: 09/08/2010 by SimonKevNorris (1 review written)

I ordered what was a top of the line PC from this company in July 2008 and paid in full with a credit card.

The PC was delivered a month later. They did keep me informed about some of the changes that had to be made. The PC was delivered with with the two GTX280s in a seperate box. There was no warning that I would have to put them in and there was no note about having to use the SLI bridge. While inserting the cards was not a problem for me there was some wiring that I dislodged while… Read Full Review

Computerplanet's Response to SimonKevNorris's Review

Written on: 10/08/2010

Duplicated reviews from 2008 do not reflect the current performance of the company trading in 2010. Requested removal from reviewcentre.com. Same response from 2008. We are sorry that you had problems with the PC during 2008. At the time of the problem we offered to collect and fix the PC from the customer for free if found to be faulty. The customer refused to allow us to do this and the PC was never fixed. The testing tools we use are industry standard including 3D Vantage, UXD and Pass Mark Burnin. During our tests the PC passed all of these for long periods of looping lasting over 24 hours. It's a shame you would not allow us to collect the PC to inspect and repair if needed at no cost to you. In 2008 we did not offer an overclocking service. The messagr you got was a BIOS message which is displayed if the settings in the BIOS are lost or changed. This does not mean the PC has been overclocked. If the PC were to be overclocked you would have the benefit of a faster working PC so this would not be in our interest to do it for free if the customer has not requested it. This is now a service we offer and charge for in 2010.

Written on: 17/08/2010

Computer Planet are being less than honest with this.
<br/>
<br/>While the order was placed in July 2008 the RMA was raised in April 2009 and I finaly returned the PC to them on the 17th August 2009 (working away from home again).
<br/>
<br/>The PC was returned to me on the 29th Septemner - the colling had been significantlyu modified. However, the PC continued to lock up even when jus tin Windows.
<br/>
<br/>I went through a process of removing SIMMS in various combinations, removing the graphic card and also removing the X-Fi soud card - all under the direction of Steve from Computer Planet.
<br/>
<br/>The PC remained unstable. Steve even suggested that the overheating problems could be caused by the room temperature. I pointed out that it was 21 degrees celcius.
<br/>
<br/>Thos process continued for a while and eventually Steve suggested that the PC go back to them to use a different type of motherboard (21/10/2009).
<br/>
<br/>I pointed out that at some stage it had been suggested that Computer Planet would pay for the pick up - as I had already paid for this once. Steve stated that he would have to check with a manager and get back to me. That was at 18:12 on the 21st October 2009.
<br/>I never heard back.

Written on: 10/08/2010

Please get your facts correct.
<br/>
<br/>The first RMA (119061) was raised on the 15th April 2009. I did not manage to return the PC to you until the 17th August 2009.
<br/>
<br/>The PC had to be reconfigured - the Coolermaster tower was replaced with a fan. I received the PC back from you on the 29/9/2009.
<br/>
<br/>The PC was still in an unstable state. It was locking up even with just Windows Vista was running.
<br/>
<br/>I went through a process with Steve from your support that involved removing the GPU and memory SIMMS in various combinations. With no effect on the stability of my system.
<br/>
<br/>It was suggested that the PC be returned and the motherboard be replaced with another type. There was also discussion about changing the memory SIMMS.
<br/>
<br/>[name removed] suggested that Computer Planet would arrange it to come back to you (29/9/2009). We agreed that the PC should be returned. I asked about Computer Planet paying for the pick up as I had already paid for it to be returned once. I got the reply on the 21/10/2009 at 18:12 that Steve would have to check with a manager to see if this could be done.
<br/>
<br/>I never heard anything again.
<br/>
<br/>Clearly my problems with this company don't just date to 2008 - they go through until October 2009.

Written on: 10/08/2010

I'm afraid the comments by Computer Planet are inaccurate. They did not offer to collect the PC at any stage.
<br/>
<br/>It would have been in my interest to let them do so.
<br/>

“I travelled the word, and have seen a lot of things....”

Written on: 02/08/2010

I travelled the word, and have seen a lot of things. But Computer Planet is unique. I am not going to write about rude customer service, or time of production, etc. What I want to say is - buyers be aware!! Folks from this company simply are pure street gangsters. They downgraded everything they possibly could, to maximize their profit. Every single component I used in my design and paid for, was replaced by pure rubbish. They did over £350 damage on £1000 system. This place should be shut… Read Full Review