Ayr, Heads of Ayr Reviews

Ayr, Heads of Ayr - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Ayr, Heads of Ayr

Ayr, Heads of Ayr

“Was camping here this wkend first time there and last...”

Written on: 06/05/2014 by Torres1967 (1 review written)

Was camping here this wkend first time there and last the owner was very arrogant entertainment very poor kids were not aloud to dance,got to say there was more kids than adults there and they had to sit witb parents not a very friendly site to visit and not worth the money meals very poor to. … Read Full Review

“Far From Friendly!!!!”

Written on: 27/09/2013

Ran by arrogant, miserable owners who treat customers with disdain. A wholly unfortunate approach to customer service. Note also, the lack of official caravan club or similar membership. Avoid. Spend your money elsewhere… Read Full Review

“Friendly caravan park”

Written on: 22/08/2013 by MargaretRos (1 review written)

I have had my caravan at Heads of Ayr for the full season this year and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The toilets are cleaned thoroughly every morning, the staff is a pleasure to talk to, the kids play area is a bit noisy but so what they are doing no harm, it is good to see children out playing. It is a small site and very friendly what else can you ask for… Read Full Review

“Do not even think about camping”

Written on: 04/08/2013 by Gmcconnell (1 review written)

The camping area is horrific. You are literally camping in a kids play park and the noise is awful. The site staff are no where to be seen and you effectively either have to put with constant noise or police the area yourself. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT CAMPING UNLESS YOU LOVE THE NOISE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S OUT OF CONTROL KIDS… Read Full Review

Gmcconnell's Response to Gmcconnell's Review

Written on: 05/08/2013

Furthermore, the condition of the male toilets is unbelievable. None of the (three) male toilets appear to flush, all (three) showers are ice cold and only one of the four hand soap dispensers have any soap. This is by far the WORST campsite I have ever stayed on.

“Enjoyable time”

Written on: 21/08/2012

We stayed in one of the few static caravans that are available at Heads of Ayr Caravan Park. It was clean and comfortable and we have no complaints except that there was no available parking beside the caravan which meant a short walk to an allocated place just opposite the shop. This was fine so long as it wasn't raining and as we were lucky with the weather it didn't cause too much of a problem. As we didn't use any of the other facilities I can't comment on them. I did find the lady who… Read Full Review

“Terrible service and rude attitude”

Written on: 28/05/2012 by gemward (1 review written)

I emailed a booking request to the campsite which fully explained the composition of our group and when we wanted to stay. I received a reply that said they had space for us for the two night stay and that I should call to confirm the booking. When I called I was told that someone would get back to me on Monday morning first thing. I had heard nothing by after 11am so called to follow up. I spoke to a very rude women who abruptly said they didn't take groups. I tried to explain that we were… Read Full Review

“Friendly atmosphere, easily accessed, clean and lots...”

Written on: 31/07/2011

I decided to visit Heads of Ayr caravan park as it is was an easy site to get to by train and bus. On arriving the bus stopped right outside the park so it was an easy 2 minute walk down the path which was great as our bags were pretty heavy. We stopped in at the shop to meet the guy who seemed friendly and welcoming, he showed us to our tent pitch which was clean and spacious. However on seeing the pitch we discovered that it was right beside the children's play park, but the noise was little… Read Full Review

“Overall, it was ok but I felt the staff we dealt with...”

Written on: 04/08/2008

Overall, it was ok but I felt the staff we dealt with needed to be a bit more helpful and not take your custom for granted… Read Full Review

Lawrenma2's Comment

Written on: 24/09/2008

I disagree with this review because...I don't think it's possible to stay here for any longer than 24 hours!

“We called Heads of Ayr in advance to book, and she...”

Written on: 11/05/2006 by Lawrenma2 (31 reviews written)

We called Heads of Ayr in advance to book, and she said there was no need as they were quiet at the moment, and we explained that we would arrive Friday night after work.

We arrived at the campsite to find the office was closed, but a helpful lady in the bar showed me where to pitch the tent, and where the toilets were (fortunately). She told me the office shut at 5pm, and to check in the following morning.

After the initial shock of finding that the pitch for tents was in a kids play park… Read Full Review

Mandy1967's Response to Lawrenma2's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

I found this review helpful because...I have been to Heads of Ayr and it is so bad I had to drive away again. Truly dreadful place!