Samsung YP-Z5 Reviews

WMA Bit-Rate: 8 kbps - 192 kbps
Frequency Respone: 20 Hz - 20,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: 92 dB
Screen
On Screen Display: ID3 Tag Info / Battery Level / Playlist / Table of Contents / Play Mode / Elapsed Time / Recharging
Screen Size: 1.8 inch
Height: 9 cm
Width: 4.2 cm
Depth: 1.2 cm

Samsung YP-Z5

“Everyone complains about the control pad, but it's not...”

Written on: 02/12/2008

Everyone complains about the control pad, but it's not a big deal. If you plan to have it for more than a week, and to actually use it then you become accustomed to it very quickly.
As for the lacking extra features, I don't have any regrets since all I was looking for was an mp3 to play my music that wouldn't break.
For people who have a knack for wearing out gadgets fast, this one will last… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“I only had the Samsung MP3 Yp-Z5 since December 2006...”

Written on: 09/07/2008

I only had the Samsung MP3 Yp-Z5 since December 2006 and have not used it too often. When idle for more than 3-4 days, needs recharging.

Lately, scroll gets stuck on one selection; unable to move back or forward. Jumps to Now Playing and just gets stuck there. Need to reset with pin then jumps to first Menu item Music. After slightly touching the pad jumps to Album then after selecting first item tends to jump to the next one and the next one and so on and cannot scroll back.

I am looking… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“Samsung YP Z5 is a good product, had i-pod nano and...”

Written on: 12/03/2008

Samsung YP Z5 is a good product, had i-pod nano and had 4 cause they just break. Had the mp3 player for 3 years a no problems what so ever. Great product… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“My one after 9 months lost all song lists, genre etc...”

Written on: 05/03/2008 by john47 (1 review written)

My one after 9 months lost all song lists, genre etc and would not charge off the computer rendering it useless. Many people on the net have the same problem and I will replace it with another brand. Great while it lasted! ie 9 months… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“I live in Australia and bought a Samsung YPZ5 for $300...”

Written on: 24/12/2007 by nouni15 (1 review written)

I live in Australia and bought a Samsung YPZ5 for $300 and my friend bought an Ipod for $350. His ipod can play/store movies, pictures and music. Also his has 80GB!! He already had 1824 songs, 24 movies and a million pictures!! I felt beaten. As this product only has 2GB (1989 MB to be exact) and can store about 500 songs.

Samsung YP-Z5

“The fact that this YP Z5 keeps crashing is annoying...”

Written on: 12/10/2007 by clanis (2 reviews written)

The fact that this YP Z5 keeps crashing is annoying and outweighs the good points. Not sure that I would buy another Samsung MP3 player… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“I used to have a Samsung 20gb player but traded it in...”

Written on: 04/06/2007 by me3101 (3 reviews written)

I used to have a Samsung 20gb player but traded it in for this, which is much smaller and nicer to use, with most importantly, longer battery life. The capacity is not an issue, as now I just put albums on I want to hear, rather than on the old one where everything I had was on it and I spent hours just forwarded though stuff I did not want to hear! I listen to a lot of podcasts as well, so don't need a huge capacity.

I like the fact that it displays the album art of the song playing and you… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“For me battery life was a big issue so I've returned...”

Written on: 13/01/2007 by timsearle (1 review written)

For me battery life was a big issue so I've returned the player. Otherwise it was fine - controls slightly fiddly but OK once used to them… Read Full Review

“Very good”

Written on: 03/01/2007 by Emma30 (1 review written)

Very good… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“The Samsung YP Z5 is my 4th MP3 player, and by far the...”

Written on: 22/09/2006 by mikesilvey (19 reviews written)

The Samsung YP Z5 is my 4th MP3 player, and by far the best, I am very happy with it. It feels fairly solid and looks very stylish. The screen is good and the menus are easy to use. The battery Life is Brilliant! quoted at 35 hours, not sure it would last that long, but easily handled a 7 hour flight to new york and back, and a few hours travel time at either end! It is easy to Snyc IF you have built your music collection with Windows Media Players Library, if you have just put MP3 in… Read Full Review

Julian Williams's Response to mikesilvey's Review

Written on: 15/11/2006

Would you say the touch pad is easy to use? I have read reviews that the touch pad on the Samsung YP Z5 MP3 player is very fiddly, and hard to get used to.
<br/>
<br/>Also, you can get a USB Mains Charger so you can plug the YP-Z5 into a plug socket here -
<br/>www.techfocus.co.uk/universal-usb-travel-mains-charger-adapter-zen-pda-p-163.html

Mikesilvey's Response to mikesilvey's Review

Written on: 16/11/2006

The pad on the Samsung YP Z5 MP3 player is literally a “touch” pad rather than a button you would push. You just touch it and it works. I quite like it, although it could be said you don’t get the feedback of knowing you have definitely pushed the button.
<br/>
<br/>Regarding the USB plug adapter – It's OK while in the UK; however, when I tried to use it in the states it didn’t work, and it actually seemed to drain it, perhaps because they use lower voltage? Still, the hotel lobby had a row of PC’s with USB ports.

Samsung YP-Z5

“For the most part, I am very happy with this player. I...”

Written on: 16/09/2006 by paulywoly (1 review written)

For the most part, I am very happy with this player. I started with MP3 players about 2 years ago, and the first one I had was the YH-925. The YP-Z5 that I have now is very much superior to the previous one I had. The sound is marvelous, as is the control scheme (even if the menu looks a lot like the iPod). The transferring of the music is a breeze. There is no software, you just drag and drop through Windows media 10 or higher. For those who have had problems with transferring (as I gathered… Read Full Review

Samsung YP-Z5

“The only thing that I cannot work out on the Samsung...”

Written on: 27/08/2006 by dean butler (1 review written)

The only thing that I cannot work out on the Samsung YP-Z5 MP3 player is how to delete a track from it?

I have it plugged it into Windows Media Player 10, and the songs come up, but then I am stuck!

I accidentally put two songs onto my player three times each. I have deleted them from WMP10, but they are still on my player.

Can anyone help me?

And as I am of the older generation, can it be in plain simple English?

Many thanks… Read Full Review

260417_Mav1968's Response to dean butler's Review

Written on: 21/09/2006

You have probably removed the listing for the track on WMP10. However, the track itself still exists on the PC HD. Try deleting the actual track data, which is probably in your my music folder, then remove it in WMP10.

Whiterider's Response to dean butler's Review

Written on: 22/09/2009

Here is how to remove track from player
<br/>Start
<br/>Computer
<br/>Samsung YP-Z5
<br/>Samsung YP-Z5 Storage
<br/>Music
<br/>Left click on what you want to delete and select delete

Samsung YP-Z5

“If like me you were looking for an MP3 player with: - ”

Written on: 18/07/2006 by andrewherring (1 review written)

If like me you were looking for an MP3 player with: -
1) Excellent sound quality
2) Low cost but good quality
3) Low weight

Then I would recommend the Samsung YP Z5 player to anyone. I spent many many hours going through all the review sites, and ended up with a shortlist of iRiver, Creative Zen Sleek, and iPod. This is by far the best unit in terms of quality and cost.

People have written elsewhere about the fiddly control buttons/touch pad. I popped down to a local electrical store to try… Read Full Review

☆☆☆☆☆
Samsung YP-Z5

“The YP Z5 is supposed to be an iPod beater. It is...”

Written on: 09/05/2006 by lefromagegrand (1 review written)

The YP Z5 is supposed to be an iPod beater. It is supposed to just plug in and play, synchronize with Windows Media Player and just get on with it - no convoluted software needed - and promises great sound quality and a really long battery life.

The reality for me at least was hours of frustration and wasted time. The iPod may have received some flak in the past but it is now on its 5th generation, and the research and development and the lessons learned from previous models has in my view… Read Full Review