Healthcare International Health Insurance Reviews

• Customer service

Healthcare International Health Insurance - Ask a question now

Media Gallery for Healthcare International Health Insurance

Healthcare International Health Insurance

“great experience with Heathcare International”

Written on: 20/06/2014 by Aguirrekk103 (1 review written)

I have been reading some of the reviews on this site, and I have to admit, I have had a great experience with HCI. I have had this insurance for 5 years, and they have been great. A couple of years ago I was having trouble with my back. I was told that I had to have a very sensitive surgery. HCI was great. They communicated with all my doctors, the hospital and a special surgeon that had to come from out of town to perform the surgery. As it turned out, I started feeling better before the… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“HCI do not reimburse claims!”

Written on: 15/05/2014 by YusufDaugherty (1 review written)

Same experience as most others. Over 3 months since they received a simple claim for dental treatment. I pay for the supposedly best, all-encompassing policy, yet am out of pocket. Going to the ombudsman… Read Full Review

Written on: 16/05/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would like to look into details of your claim. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC165. You will find contact details on our website. Alternatively, you may send a personal message to us via Facebook page Healthcare International Global Network Ltd.
In response to your comment we have sent you a private email through this website.

“Non Payers”

Written on: 01/05/2014 by Richard484 (1 review written)

I have been with HCI for 3 years but in November of last year submitted my first claim for less than 100 pounds. as of today 27 April'14 I am still waiting for payment. There have been many emails, empty promises from HCI but still no payment. I would not recommend this company to anyone, how they survive I have no idea. How their staff can live with the potential consequence of their non action defeats me. Keep well away from them… Read Full Review

Written on: 07/05/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would like to look into details of your claim. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC57. You will find contact details on our website. Alternatively, you may send a personal message to us via Facebook page Healthcare International Global Network Ltd.

“Don't waste your money!”

Written on: 04/04/2014 by Giancarlog492 (1 review written)

I have been with this company for 18 months. I am an ex pat Australian currently living in Italy and part of my residency visa requirements were that I needed to have private health insurance. After extensive web research I decided on this company because their premiums (a) covered my needs and (b) were the cheapest by many thousands of dollars. Now I know why. I submitted one minor claim last year which took 8 weeks and several hounding emails from me, to process. Although I specifically… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC18.

Mwyrill's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2014

I recently wrote the above review. I alerted HCI to this website and the majority of negative feedback customers had left. Interestingly within 48 hours I received an email (via this website), which included a reference number, asking me to contact HCI. I did not do so as I had been in further conversations with the Team Leader in the Customer Care department. She assisted me last year after several emails I had sent had not resulted in a minor claim being paid after two months. This year she was once again able to ensure that I finally received the payments I was owed. One of these had been outstanding for over 4 months. Every email I sent to the generic customer care email address I marked to the attention of both her and the GM. I even managed to get my payment made by bank transfer. All in all it does not take away from the serious delays and ineptitudes this company seems to specialise in. And I will definitely NOT be renewing my policy at the end of this year! However, I am sure others with similar experiences would like to know that someone in the company can and will assist you. I was never rude, albeit frustrated and annoyed in every email or phone conversation.....perhaps that helped!

“Claims reimbursement slow, premiums high cost”

Written on: 30/03/2014

My husband and I live in a US territory. We were dropped from our stateside health insurance provider when they realized we only spend a few months per year in the USA. We have been unsuccessful in finding an insurance provider in the territory and we do not qualify for the Affordable Care Act. Three years ago we joined HCI with the Executive Plan, thinking we would have great coverage. The plan is nearly $20,000 per year. We have had small claims and the first year they wire transferred the… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC17.

“HCI DOES NOT PAY! ”

Written on: 18/03/2014 by lhh2014 (1 review written)

We have been with HCI for about 6-7 years. They were good at first and fairly smooth for our claims. Then sometime in 2012, we noticed that our claims were taking longer and longer to get paid. At the end of 2012, we spent a long time but was eventually successful in obtaining PRE-APPROVAL for an operation for our daughter. Since the hospital that we used did not recognize HCI, we had to pay at the end of the procedure and then make a claim for reimbursement. The operation was done in December… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC16.

23Tree's Response to lhh2014's Review

Written on: 30/03/2014

I am in total agreement with you, what provider did you switch to? There are not many options available.

Lhh2014's reply to 23Tree's Comment

Written on: 10/04/2014

I am not in the UK. I have switched to a local provider in Asia. Good luck.

“Excellent customer service”

Written on: 17/03/2014

Having had bad experience with other membership providers I am really impressed with this company's level of customer service. It seems to me that employees are happy to be part of this group and it shows in their care of members. Its is very refreshing to have a knowledgeable person on the other end of line with happy to help attitude! Well done and keep up the good work!… Read Full Review

Teddybe's Comment

Written on: 26/07/2014

Sorry, but you don´t from HCI!!

Only lies from this company..................

“Endless wait for claims to be settled.....if ever”

Written on: 15/03/2014 by Georgeinhongkong (1 review written)

I am waiting since more than 5 months for a claim of less than USD 1,000 to be settled. Luckily i am paying them by credit card which i cancelled two months ago so that they no longer can debit me. I think these guys are operating a PONZI scheme. Below copy of my reply to them after they started chasing me for payments. dear  thanks for your mail. i am waiting since over five months for a settlement of less than usd 1,000 which has been approved by your claims department a long time ago… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your claim in question. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC15.

“A very satisfied client”

Written on: 10/03/2014 by Hays487 (1 review written)

We have family health care cover with them for two years and I am just about to renew again as I have had a very positive experience with HCI, they really have been great for us! (I am rather surprised at some of the comments) I have only claimed twice and small claims (removal of a mole and small accident while travelling in Thailand) initially it took longer due to my not understanding of forms/receipts required but overall I found everything was handled smoothly. I find their claims team… Read Full Review

“Annual renew clause”

Written on: 05/03/2014 by Raye60 (1 review written)

I have had a Travel Policy for two or three years, never had a claim, every year I tell them that I do not want or accept automatic renewal, every year they conveniently forget !!! they then write not too polite emails pointing out their terms and conditions, I replied with my terms and conditions 'You Have Lost my business' Avoid these clowns is my advice... Liked the low premiums Disliked the Service, or lack of customer focus !… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC14.

Staples1's Comment

Written on: 27/03/2014

I have the same plan. I was always made aware that the policy would automatically renew. You say you have had this for 2-3 years. Then you did renew didn t you?

What a pointless post.

“Claims payment appalling!”

Written on: 26/02/2014

Claims payments has always been longer than satisfactory but this past year has become appalling. While the company has comprehensive policies and were generally okay until this past year, a recent claim is still unpaid after more than 4 months ( And it is not a large amount of money). However, as I am a senior and have to pay for services first and then get reimbursed, it has put me in a very difficult cash flow position. I have made numerous contacts but there is no action.. I am researching… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your claim. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC13. You will find contact details on our website. Alternatively, you may send a personal message to us via Facebook page Healthcare International Global Network Ltd.

“Delays delays delays”

Written on: 19/02/2014

After reading several reviews on this company I must now add my disappointment to the list. It seems that this company's code of conduct is to just delay payment to clients right from the very first claim contact. 4 months and I have still not received payment for a legitimate, straightforward claim. Excuses, and lies are all I am getting and will be taking the matter further with authorities… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your claim. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC12. You will find contact details on our website. Alternatively, you may send a personal message to us via Facebook page Healthcare International Global Network Ltd.

Netnet's Comment

Written on: 05/03/2014

Having similar problems - who have you taken it up with?

Mwyrill's Comment

Written on: 04/04/2014

I too would like to report this company to an authority as in my view they are a complete sham. The majority of reviews on this site echo a similar theme.....excuses, delays of several months, payment (if you are one of the rare lucky ones to receive it!) via cheque only, even though a bank transfer was requested, resulting in a large bank fee. Utterly disgraceful.

As they are not a member of the Association of Independent Healthcare Organisations in the UK, I don't believe there is a formal avenue of complaint. Lucky them.

“Adding stress to illness”

Written on: 30/01/2014

Delay, lies, talk nice and don´t act. Any pretext for refusing payment. My husband died over 3 months ago and they still haven´t paid the September 2013 bill they had agreed to pay. And if you don't hassle them, they just won't do a thing. I cannot emphasize enough the level of stress they have added to my husband´s illness… Read Full Review

Written on: 09/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would like to look into details of your claim. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC11. You will find contact details on our website. Alternatively, you may send a personal message to us via Facebook page Healthcare International Global Network Ltd.

“Claim, still waiting after 6 month”

Written on: 12/11/2013 by FlorianE. (1 review written)

I have not received my claim yet for 6 months. I could write a book about my bad experience with HCI over the period of 4 Years. Time to change. … Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC19.

Air1980's Response to FlorianE.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

Contact me at Air1980_99@yahoo.com I and many others have had similar experiences and are banding together to seek legal action and complaints.

“Not paying the claims back”

Written on: 04/11/2013

I have nit reeived my claims yet for more than 2 months. I am planning to take legal action. Does anyo ne knows who their regulator is? Is it FSA?… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC20.

Floriane.'s Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

I have really really very bad experiences with HCI over 4 years.
I could write a book about it. Unbelievable!

Okjones's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

may I ask why have you remained with them for 4 years?

Air1980's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2013

“HCI do not pay their claims”

Written on: 21/10/2013 by GinetteB (1 review written)

I have been a client of HealthCare International for 2 years.A little over 6 months ago I filled a claim for cataract surgery for a total expenses of a little over $5K and I still have not been able to get the money they owe me. I have had over 25 email exchanges, skype sessions and very expensive international phone calls, all to no avail. I am an expat living in Panama, Central America so this is the only health insurance my husband and I have. They have been using every dirty trick they as… Read Full Review

Written on: 10/04/2014

We would firstly like to express our regret that your experience has not been a good one. Our client satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We would really be interested to look into details of your comment. However, due to the sensitive nature of the information, we are unable to discuss it over the public forum. In order for us to investigate your concerns, please email us soon as you can and quote reference RC21.

Air1980's Response to GinetteB's Review

Written on: 20/11/2013

“Does What It Says on the Tin”

Written on: 17/10/2013 by Jonhalling (1 review written)

I've had Healthcare international for about 2 years now. The premiums have always been pretty low, and I've never needed to claim until this year. Took a little while for my claim to be processed, about 3 weeks, but it eventually came through. For the price I've paid, and it was a relatively small claim I was quite happy… Read Full Review

Compare healthcare providers - Visit ActiveQuote.com

“Fraud Company no longer honoring valid claims no customers”

Written on: 26/09/2013

Unfortunately i have paid up to the top executive insurance program with Healthcare international for the past 3 years. This was my first year to try and make a claim. I wrote numerous times to follow up to be told the claim was processed and with the finance dept but due to back log of claims there was a delay ..... a 6 month delay. This company will shortly be gone out of business. Customers are leaving every day.Every time i followed up it was one excuse after another as to the delay… Read Full Review

Written on: 21/10/2013

As you can see from my above post, I am also getting the same song and dance and run-around BS.

If any of you out there are thinking of using this company, be warned you will NOT get the service nor any support!

Trentboys's Comment

Written on: 12/11/2013

i used to work in insurance and the signals i am getting from reading all the reviews across the health insurance sector is that the re-insurers are being very slow with their payments to providers. it's a bit like the banks being slow to lend, it slows everything down the chain.

Written on: 13/11/2013

I just received my re-imbursement but it took 7 months. I was lucky because my husband and I had bought our policy through Pacific Price who where way above the call of duty when it came to helping us get the money owed to us. We were reassured that HCI is not in bankruptby, but they do have very serious issued on the delays they permit themselves to take. Had I had a serious (dread) disease, I probably would have had time to die before HCI ever paid one penny to my doctor

“Claims not paid any longer”

Written on: 29/08/2013

I have been with HCI for a few years. While the policy is great (covering most outpatient treatments to 100 percent), they have always been slow in reimbursing claims. Since beginning of this year, they have stopped paying altogether. I managed to speak to the new Finance Team Manager, a few weeks ago, who admitted that they stopped paying because of double payments and other problems. He said he is new and is currently going through the backlog of claims. He promised I would be paid the… Read Full Review

Lapilla81's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2013

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I am a medical provider and I ve been awaiting payment for 5 months. Do you know ht name of the person you talked to? Have you found a way to get paid?

Staschen's Comment

Written on: 26/09/2013

I've been paid part of it, but now they said they would only pay via cheque as they had so many cases with bank transfers. This will take many weeks for me, if it's possible at all (I live abroad).

Written on: 22/10/2013

Did you ever get your check?

Written on: 22/10/2013

I posted a comment above. I've been through the wringer with these guys. It's been one excuse after the other. If you purchased your insurance through a provider, contact them and they will help. I purchased my insurance through Pacific Prime and they put 2 top claims executive to work in order to help me. They finally managed to speak with their counterparts at HCI and it seems as though I will finally get my claim paid within the next 10 business days. I will post the outcome.

Written on: 22/10/2013

The only way you can get anything done with them is to keep after them day after day after day via email, via skype, via phone. I just posted above about my problems with them and will post the outcome also.

“HCI is not even worthy of one star rating”

Written on: 14/08/2013

Judging by most of the other reviews posted, I had what seems to be a "normal, customary" HCI experience... which means their service is absolutely SUBSTANDARD: It took about fifteen emails in a span of over two months to get a very simple, straight forward 300$ claim approved and eventually reimbursed (As a US expat working in Thailand, I had signed up for their "executive plan"). The level of incompetence at their claims processing department is mind boggeling. Initially I received their… Read Full Review

Compare Healthcare Providers with ActiveQuote.com