Garmin Streetpilot i3 Reviews

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Ask a question now

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“Good choice for first time GPS buyers”

Written on: 03/01/2012 by hulk15 (1 review written)

I personally have loved this product. While on the road, this device accurately responds on every turn. The map, though not as big as I would I have liked it still offers readability in sunlight while a pleasant-sounding voice provides easy to understand instructions. The StreetPilot i3 is a good choice for first-time GPS buyers looking to get accurate directions while on the go. I would definitely recommend this product… Read Full Review

“Save your money”

Written on: 18/09/2011 by andrewproudlock (1 review written)

Waste of time and money, it may be cheap but you get what you pay for, the wheel that you rotate to go up and down, has a PLASTIC cog on the inside and over time the teath on the cog become worn as they are Plastic!this makes the cursor not move or move in the wrong direction, very frustrating a cheaply made load of low grade plastic, save your money and put it towards a more capable satnav. Andy… Read Full Review

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“I've commented on another reviewers with regards to...”

Written on: 26/12/2009 by bmw e30 (1 review written)

I've commented on another reviewers with regards to this i3 but in general you'll find it a tedious thing to use. Journey route is crazy most of the time so get as close to your destination as you can before listening to the directions. only recognises 5 digit post code so not accurate just on that alone, maps aren't up to date even after recieving an update disc from garmin free of charge which is very goods service, tho it came all the way from america and took 6 weeks! Lol. I take it Garmin… Read Full Review

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“I bought this cheap Garmin Streetpilot GPS as a shared...”

Written on: 28/03/2008 by kiyawhite (56 reviews written)

I bought this cheap Garmin Streetpilot GPS as a shared gift between the people in my house. I didn't have much in the way of savings at the time I bought this as you can tell by the price of the model.

The Streetpilot i3 comes in a small box and seems far too small when you remove it from its packaging to be a good unit. It seemed to be complete truth that this unit was rubbish when I tried it for the first time on the night I got the unit. Why? It gave directions like this: "In point 3 miles… Read Full Review

Bmw E30's Response to kiyawhite's Review

Written on: 26/12/2009

True and accurate review as i own one myself, seldom gets used though. Have owned it for around 3-4years now, but after a year it kept saying needed updating map on startup. I finally got round to doing this, garmin actually sent me an update disc free of charge as i couldn't download the update from their site for some reason?!? After update the sat nav behaved better but my advice is to ignore its routing and drive as far as you can before listening to it, as it take you on the most unusual routes, ie single file road across country bumkin land in the middle of nowhere when there is an A road(A3 down from guilford/aldershot)that runs parallel!!! Crazy! A number of times its done stupid stuff like this. Sat nav is up to date on maps so its not that, just seems it always chooses the wrong route to start with? Hence use ur knowledge to get close to your destination then listen to it to get you exactly to the location. Loads of times its got 'confused' and we've missed the turning, then the infamous 'recalculate' voice!!! Aargh! Lol, hence why i'm now looking for another sat nav.
<br/> TBH on a tight budget this is ok, just allow for it to make mistakes, and after alot of use the scroll up and down ball gets super tedious to use as this is the only input control you use so inputting a destination you have to scroll up and down the alphabet to select each letter.

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“I bought a Garmin Streetpilot i3 in August 2006....”

Written on: 14/08/2007 by mancunius (1 review written)

I bought a Garmin Streetpilot i3 in August 2006. Whilst it worked it was brilliant, but 6 months later it started nagging me about updating the map, which I ignored, since from year to year, not that much changes where I live. From then on it stopped "recognizing" the destinations I entered, making it practically useless. So to keep it working you have to pay $80 (USD) every year to update the map. Not a fact that was drawn to my attention anywhere, in the print nor by the seller… Read Full Review

Kiyawhite's Response to mancunius's Review

Written on: 09/01/2008

I have the Streetpilot i3 and the version of City Navigator NT on my MicroSD card is v8 - v10 is the newest, about to be released (also known as City Navigator NT 2008). But although I operate the unit using older maps, I'm finding no problems - other than that some roads have changed.

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“The Garmin Streetpilot i3 is great value for money and...”

Written on: 07/12/2006 by richearl (2 reviews written)

The Garmin Streetpilot i3 is great value for money and pretty well always gets you where you want to go, no dead ends or wrong ways encountered yet.

Need Sat Nav on a budget?... Get one of the these!… Read Full Review

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“If you want a Sat Nav and don't want to pay an arm and...”

Written on: 22/11/2006 by Helen of Troy (188 reviews written)

If you want a Sat Nav and don't want to pay an arm and a leg this Garmin Streetpilot i3 is ideal. It is dead easy to use, usually gets you to your destination with no problems, though it has confused me with odd directions once!

I have had speed trap warnings downloaded on mine, it warns as you approach a camera, then warns you again if you are going over the limit. Very useful!

The instructions are clearly spoken in your chosen language, the map is small but easily visible in day or night… Read Full Review

Ieuanfawr's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 24/11/2006

Can you use UK postcodes to find a location?
<br/>Is secondary information, such as the names of side streets displayed alongside the road you are driving along displayed?
<br/>And are maps of western Europe (e.g. France, Germany) included?
<br/>Did you get a discount off the RRP for the Garmin Streetpilot i3 sat nav system?

Kiyawhite's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 09/01/2008

How do you add speed camera locations - where do you get them from? And how can you set up the unit to warn you when you're approaching a speed camera and to tell you if you're exceeding the speed limit?
<br/>
<br/>I've only recently purchased this unit so I'm still realising its potential.

Ieuanfawr's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 26/11/2006

Thanks, helendydunn. That's very helpful.

Helen Of Troy's Response to Helen of Troy's Review

Written on: 25/11/2006

I have had my Garmin Streetpilot i3 for nearly a year. It was on offer at Somerfield when I bought it, so I paid around £120 I think!
<br/>
<br>Yes, you can put in UK postcodes, and yes it shows names of side streets.
<br/>It shows Europe too, but I have had no reason to use it for any Country other than the UK, so I can't tell you anything about that one, sorry!
<br/>
<br>I'm not very technically minded, so if I can use it easily, anyone can!
<br/>
<br>My son paid over £400 for a TomTom around the same time as I bought mine. As far as I am concerned, the end result is the same, but I guess the TomTom does a little more?!

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“I think this Garmin StreetPilot i3 GPS Receiver is an...”

Written on: 19/09/2006 by Nancy06 (1 review written)

I think this Garmin StreetPilot i3 GPS Receiver is an excellent little gem! It was only £130, a third of the price of most Sat Navs. I take it everywhere and it's so small I can fit it in my bag, so I do not risk having it stolen from my car. Sadly you can't download celebrity voices like the TomTom but I think you would get fed-up of Sven guiding you to Wembely after a while!! It's great! I would recommend it to anyone!… Read Full Review

Kiyawhite's Response to Nancy06's Review

Written on: 31/12/2007

I've just ordered A Garmin Streetpilot i3 sat nav system, and your review tells me that I should be looking forward to getting it.

Garmin Streetpilot i3

“I bought the Garmin Streetpilot i3 for my husband as...”

Written on: 29/04/2006 by jojothegogo (12 reviews written)

I bought the Garmin Streetpilot i3 for my husband as he is working all over the UK. He isnt very good at reading a map and was always going the wrong way!! I bought him this sat nav for Christmas and he loves it. He no longer wasted lots of diesel and time ands find the job straight away. It is the best present he has ever had!!! My daughter passed her driving test and I bought her one as well. well done Garmin… Read Full Review